Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Toxic Mental posted:

"Almost all", trust me I counted!

Can someone remind me what the hell this "appellate decision" he keeps mentioning is and why it's total bullshit? Googling something out of Trump's word salad is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
"Please please give Trump money to pay his lawyers, there's no way in hell I'm getting paid otherwise."

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Could someone explain to me how Disney is transing kids thanks
As everyone knows, the moment a child under 18 hears the word "transgender" they immediately become trans themselves. See also: "gay".

Therefore all instances of the word "transgender" and its related terms must immediately be purged from all places that a child might encounter them, i.e., everywhere. Transgender people existing might also cause the forbidden words to be uttered, so they must be purged as well. Only then will there be zero chance that your Precious Angel(tm) comes out to you as trans.

This is what chuds actually believe.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Apraxin posted:

he just kind of looks disheveled to me rather than particularly unhealthy :shrug:. i say this as someone who thought he was going to die in office in 2019/20 because there were photos of him looking like this:

..but now i reckon he just has a superpower of constantly looking like poo poo, but in a completely different way day by day, and he probably has another decade in him at least (it's called good genes!)
Yeah, it's not a huge deal but it always slightly annoys me how often people post things along the lines of "he looks/sounds like absolute poo poo today, even more than usual!" Like sure, maybe one day his fake hair will be majorly off or whatever but he's looked basically the same since 2020. I don't get why people insist he's on death's door so often.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I have it on good authority that he blows too.
He both sucks and blows? I didn't think it was physically possible.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

there's an enormous amount of money at stake in election advertising, corporate media is strongly incentivized to make elections appear as close as possible
The entirety of the Atlantic's reporting both during and after Trump's presidency has been "YOU SHOULD BE MORE AFRAID OF TRUMP AND WHAT HE'S DOING. NO, MORE AFRAID THAN THAT. YOU AREN'T AFRAID ENOUGH!"

The point of the article isn't to encourage people to try to understand Trump and his plucky li'l supporters, it's to get people to stop seeing Trump as an "abstraction" and understand that they should BE MORE AFRAID that he might be reelected. Which might be a reasonable ask in a vacuum, but given the Atlantic's last few years, it's pretty nakedly an attempt to pump up the fear-o-meter so people will buy and read more Atlantic articles about how MORE AFRAID they should be of Trump. This is absolutely an example of the media profiting off the appearance of a close election.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

kw0134 posted:

"The media is normalizing Trump's fascist language lulling us into the failure to democracy to sell clicks."

Also,

"The media is reporting hysteria about Trump to sell clicks."
It is in fact possible for different outlets to take different strategies to sell clicks, yes. But both of these strategies require the appearance of a close election.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

kw0134 posted:

This is kind of nonsensical? Either Trump is a threat or he's not, and if he is then you're sounding the alarm for a media this thread (rightfully) points how we're sleepwalking into a fascist nightmare. Like, gently caress, how are you supposed to report on him then?
The post I originally responded to was talking about how the media is very interested in the election appearing close, and someone was trying to use the Atlantic article as a counterexample. I was just explaining why the Atlantic wanted the election to look close too.

The Atlantic is very much not sleepwalking into a Trump victory, but they're definitely the exception rather than the rule.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

kw0134 posted:

You can't possibly do the corrective necessary to counter a MSM intent on treating it as a normal election with the usual race metaphors without saying "hey, idiots, Trump is a real menace." Think about what you're saying, there can be no way to cover Trump that isn't in your mind tainted by the need to "sell clicks" because these are necessarily opposing approaches, because that's literally how you counterprogram that sort of thinking. If a mass of outlets are going "Generic Republican is winning Iowa," then you raise the proper specter of a fascist Trump by, well, pointing that out. Again, how the gently caress are you going to cover the story that isn't going to trip whatever part of your brain that sees ulterior motives in everything?
I don't know? I dislike the Atlantic's reporting on Trump (in general, not just this specific article) because IMO they are too doom-and-gloom, to the point where it feels like they're catering to an audience of the doomers we don't allow in this thread. But that's just my opinion--I'm not some arbiter of the "correct" way to report on Trump and I'm really confused why you've now spent three posts singling me out. Can you please chill?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

But I thought today's court proceedings were making it impossible for him to attend the funeral?

Are you saying he LIED about it??????

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Oscar Wild posted:

Prosecutor please ask donald under oath "when did you stop raping women?"

Tia
"Rape is a terrible crime, terrible. A terrible crime like the RIGGED AND STOLLEN election of 2020!"

If Trump actually does testify (lol), he's not going to say anything related to the case, he's just going to whine about how unfairly the world is treating him.

EDIT: yeah, what Steadiman said

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Traditional Family Values = pro-rape and incest
But only if the rapist votes for Trump. If they vote for Biden then chuds will call for the death penalty.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

The Locator posted:

What exactly do these nimrods think the Demoncrat motivation is to 'unleash hordes of gangs' on the country, randomly slaughtering and stuff. Given that the Dems general agenda when they bother with it is to try to make life at least a bit better for everyone, how do they think this great plan to wreck the country would be inline with that agenda?
Remember that this is a guy who thinks Biden has the ability to "unleash hordes of gangs" on the country whenever he wants, but he's only going to do it if he wins re-election, because reasons.

Maybe don't try to ascribe logic to this guy, is what I'm saying.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Coolguye posted:

in computer toucher worlds, amongst the most technical people - the programmers, the devops workers, the sysadmins - it's not uncommon to find a trump guy in there who will go on rants only slightly more coherent than the orange man's about how trump "gets people talking about the money" or something like that. it fools nobody. there's also a smattering of fygm republican types who basically single issue vote on the topic of taxes, because computer touchers tend to be high earners and can in fact see a few thousand more per year from corporatist tax cuts. they have traditionally liked trump, but many of those idiots have their limits on what else they will stomach.

on a team of 6-7, this will generally average out to 1 trumpist. that 1 trumpist is frequently intimidated into silence by donny's most recent bullshit. many teams do not have any trumpists at all.

the computer toucher interfaces - the scrum masters, the agile coaches, the project managers - universally hate trump. i've literally never met a single one of these professional communicators who thinks that President Goodbrains is fit to do anything but poo poo his own pants.
Basically this. On my team there was one guy who actually said he voted for Trump and in his case he definitely wasn't MAGA or even (in my opinion) a consciously-FYGM guy, just kind of a dumbass about politics who saw "lower taxes" and jumped on it. The few times I've talked politics with him he's never really argued against me, he just slips into "wow I hate that these are my choices" mode and doesn't really engage. But I'm in California so it's not like his vote will change anything anyway. Absolutely no one else on my team has ever expressed anything approaching pro-Trump views.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

One wierd trick to get voters to think you are capable of governing: declare sucession

Liberals Hate It

Like seriously who are these loving clowns trying to convince? Your base is already servile and bloodthirsty, they don't loving care. You are going to start a war over brown people entering the country? You really think moderate voters are going to go "yeah that's the vision I am looking for!"

What loving delusional blowhard tools
The point of this stunt is to draw Biden into a very public confrontation and then flood the airwaves with messages about how the tyrannical federal government is keeping the plucky li'l states from doing their jobs of protecting the border.

This isn't about pleasing the base (although that's a nice side effect) or actually doing anything about immigration. The point is to make Biden look bad. Most moderate voters aren't paying attention to the border and don't give a flying gently caress about it, and most non-Fox news outlets don't care either. But federalizing the National Guard to overrule the efforts of a state to :airquote: defend themselves :airquote:? That will be an immediate national news story and you can loving bet that Abbott and the GOP will go on every channel imaginable to ensure that that's the message that moderate voters receive. It's easy to understand, it makes Texas and the GOP look like the righteous underdog fighting against the evil dictator, and the Biden's administration's defense is some legal bullshit involving SCOTUS that 75% of Americans stopped listening to before I finished this sentence. Biden responding loudly and forcefully is what Abbott wants.

Biden should absolutely smack this poo poo down, but he should do it quietly. Abbott and company want attention, and the smart move here is to not give it to them.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

I don't think this works though

Moderate voters have shown they are completely exhausted of Trump and the GOP's dupshit antics and will vote against them in large numbers. This just once again shows them how idiotic the GOP is and how they can't be trusted with loving anything.

What Trump and the GOP still haven't realized is that besides their braying pig gently caress base Americans hate loving hearing about politics, and Trump has kept this everyday poo poo parade going since 2016. Voters at this point just want the dumb motherfuckers to shut the gently caress up and gently caress off already.
Most Americans hate Trump and don't want to hear about him, but Trump's not the one pulling this stunt and a majority of the country still thinks that the GOP is the party to trust on immigration and "border security": https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/first-read/poll-republicans-advantages-immigration-crime-economy-rcna117054

This is absolutely favorable ground to them if this stunt blows up into a national story.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

that article is from 5 months ago, the GOP got clocked in an off year election already

I think the GOP has done some new and exciting ways of loving up since then

Seriously why do people in this thread just act like the GOP hasn't eaten poo poo repeatedly at the polls since 2018?
Here's a more recent poll (from this article) that shows that voters specifically trust Trump more than Biden on immigration:

I'm not trying to be a doomer or suggest that this stunt is going to make Trump win in November, I'm just trying to make the point that in this specific instance it'd be a dumb idea for Biden to take the bait. If he ignores it or deals with it quietly then it probably won't have any effect on anything.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

ishikabibble posted:

What happened with the 'banned from doing business in the state of NY' case? Is that still ongoing or did that ever finish?
Arguments are over but the judge is writing his decision now. I think he said he expected to be done by the end of the month.

e: sorta beaten?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t know what calling him a rapist would accomplish. Trump isn’t a new guy. People know what he’s about. You aren’t going to be turned off in his third campaign by the prospect he’s a lovely person
Yeah, but he'll probably try to deny it and end up owing E. Jean Carroll more in the process :lol:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

Wait where did that rear end in a top hat go that constantly screeched about Blameless Biden and how no student debt relief would ever happen go?
If you're referring to nom epique/MuadDib Atreides, he's banned. The GBS mods forbade him from posting about politics in GBS ever again, and after a few violations he was banned and didn't re-reg.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=230729

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Reminds me, when we went to Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, they had a guy just outside the gates with a speaker and microphone who was supposedly a preacher trying to woo people to God. But he kept yelling that people were molesters, and some other crazy poo poo, and I just wonder "Does that EVER work, yelling at people who are about to go into Disney to have fun?"
No, but it sure makes the guy doing it feel all smug and self-righteous, which is the actual point of displays like this.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I don't even know what they mean? Are they implying that Tswift is only popular because she's a puppet of the deep state or the illuminati?
Yes, that is exactly what they are implying. All even-vaguely-left successes and all vaguely-right failures, all of them, are the result of conspiracies. These people cannot imagine the world working any other way.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

ProperCauldron posted:

the NFL broadcosts do not constantly cut to Taylor Swift.

People are losing their mind over literal seconds. Millions of americans and the ex president are tremendously stupid and shriek like moronic howler monkeys over anything that hurts their fee fees
It's not even so much that Taylor Swift is appearing on their TV; sports broadcasts do "hey look this celebrity's at the game!" all the loving time and nobody gives a poo poo.

The issue is that Taylor Swift having an NFL player boyfriend has caused a large number of (gasp) women to be interested in the MANLY MALE MAN-ONLY game of football. And chud (and a lot of non-chud) men cannot handle the idea of women entering their MANLY MALE MAN-ONLY space. If you like something that a woman has paid attention to, that means you're actually a gay soycuck lib! :qq:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

yeah i was gonna say, this poo poo is just like when the TV preachers were freaking out about pokemon. THING POPULAR?? MUST BE THE DEVIL!!

like how many thousands of years of moral panics deep are we with like not a single one ever being correct? my lifetime alone we've already had at least dozens. please have the slightest amount of context or awareness, gently caress.
Actually they’ve all been correct and it’s only thanks to the tireless efforts of conservatives that they didn’t affect society worse, lib.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

tek79 posted:

This is true, but they love the 2nd Amendment because they believe one day they'll get to use it to kill Americans.

This is also true because corrupt cops can sometimes get away with killing Americans, and/or at least harass them and make American lives miserable.

The only thing conservatives love in and/or about America are things that can harm Americans.
They don't think the people being harmed are Americans.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

drat, Taylor Swift knows how to summon demons? Everything I hear about her just impresses me more.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Let's see what Mike Johnson puts forward as a alternative because that is what Biden is going to do. He is simply going to say "Okay Mike Johnson what is that you want?"
He will put forward the alternative of demanding that Biden fix the border via executive action. If Biden takes executive action he will scream that Biden is overreaching and there needs to be a bill.

The alternative will always be "whatever Biden is not doing".

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

credburn posted:

I had no idea Pedro Pascal was The Mandalorian.

Doesn't The Mandalorian never take off his helmet? I've not actually seem the show and am not caught up on the lore.

It's rather like Hugo Weaving being V.
Trap sprung and all but IIRC the rule is just that they can't take it off in front of other people. Mandalorians still gotta eat somehow.

I don't think it's a huge spoiler to say that you do get to see Pedro Pascal's face in the show.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

lol Satan won the Super Bowl

Hail Satan

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Things that are woke as gently caress: The NFL, Bud Light, Jesus Christ of Nazareth
https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/forme...m_medium=social

quote:

A onetime top official with the Southern Baptist Convention has warned that American Christianity is in crisis — with some churchgoers viewing the teachings of Jesus Christ as nothing more than “liberal talking points.”

[...]

Moore told “All Things Considered” host Scott Detrow that his moment of clarity “was the result of having multiple pastors tell me, essentially, the same story about quoting the Sermon on the Mount, parenthetically, in their preaching — ‘turn the other cheek’ — to have someone come up after to say, ‘Where did you get those liberal talking points?’

“And what was alarming to me,” Moore went on, “is that in most of these scenarios, when the pastor would say, ‘I’m literally quoting Jesus Christ,’ the response would not be, ‘I apologize.’ The response would be ‘Yes, but that doesn’t work anymore. That’s weak.’ And when we get to the point where the teachings of Jesus himself are seen as subversive to us, then we’re in a crisis.”

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

zone posted:

Nobody say anything about the child and domestic abuse, though. Another feature of based trad evangelical families.
It really says something that chuds' picture of an ideal happy family involves a woman actively trying to avoid a man's advances.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

She's confident because she knows Soros has already bought her and the judge out and they've already agreed on what the outcome is going to be! FAKE TRIAL! ELECTION INTERFERENCE! :byodood:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Philthy posted:

watch musk just pay it off and we all catch the rage virus
Trump would never accept it. There's no way Musk would offer the money without making a big public stink about it, and Trump cannot abide someone gaining more fame and notoriety than him. Especially if it's because Trump owes that person something.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Three Olives posted:

That is what is so funny, Trump, his supporters and his lawyers seem to genuinely think an appeal is just a free do over on the entire trial, they can appeal but they basically have nothing to appeal over.
Chuds are basically the political version of a Karen. They think that if the authority figure says something they don't like, then they can keep calling in higher and higher tiers of manager until they get what they want.

I'm trying to remember the specific case, but there was definitely at least one instance of SCOTUS ruling against Trump and chuds suggesting that he appeal the ruling to the UN.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

nesamdoom posted:

I'm very hoping people buy the shoes. The money won't actually put a dent in the bills and it makes it easy to identify idiots in public, but I can't imagine shoes sold by trump lasting more than ten hours without stitching breaks and the soles falling off.
I was gonna say "nobody who buys these shoes is going to actually wear them", because I was under the impression that people who buy "collectible" sneakers buy them to put them on display and not on their feet, and these types of sneakers aren't made for long-term wear anyway.

But then I remembered that these are chuds we're talking about, and they're going to spend hundreds of dollars on sneakers that they'll proudly wear outside, only for them to become unwearable in a matter of months. :lol:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

So, does OANN and the other news stations like it do anything but broadcast Pro Trump propaganda all day? LIke do they have a normal news segment where they talk about normal, non trump related news? Or do they twist everything in about being about him?

A Fire at an apartment complex in Tulsa resulted in the 150 residents being evacuated, the cause was determined to Trump not being president anymore.
Have you ever spoken to a chud? They will take every opportunity, every single one, to try to pivot the conversation towards how much Biden sucks and how Trump should be president again. Trump is their entire personality. OANN and other chud "news" networks are perfect reflections of their audience.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Musk might offer to bail out Trump, but there's no way he does it without hyping it up on Twitter and making a huge publicity stunt out of it.

Which is why Trump would never accept it. Trump cannot stand the public appearance of owing or needing money from someone else, and/or someone getting more attention than him.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

biznatchio posted:

It says "SHOOT BALL" but really it should say "TAZE BALL"
Tasers are also things that shoot. :v:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Literally who said this

"Democrats" is not a person. Who said this?

Like this isn't even taking things wildly out of context; he's just making poo poo up whole cloth now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

kazil posted:

Gangs, Hamas, Antifa, Chy-na all coming to get ya
God, someone told Trump that he wasn't doing well with suburban women in 2020 one time and now in Every. Single. Speech. he proudly declares that this time they're going to vote for him. It's like loving clockwork.