Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

I asked Mike pence if he wanted to be vp of the new thread and he said neigh

We don't talk about Mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

All I want for tourism day is a laptop that has been severely isolated.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

The Last Call posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1743735811055427681

Does he know Saddam is dead and he can't impress him?

Also a giant dome?

He saw the Simpsons.

Isn't this the plot from the end of Highlander to the masterpiece that was Highlander 2?

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Professor Moriarty posted:

I bid one dollar, Bob

That was going to be my bid.

$2

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

So wait, we don’t feed grapes to hot dogs in the self checkout line while talking about Trump?

Is this the hook with the Gremlins sequel? Man, politics in my Mogwai toons. Can’t escape them.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

He just needs to make MyPillow into MyGoldReserve Nap Block. Fox will pick him up immediately.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Today I learned I’m as old as DeSanshit and I’m basically going to cry myself to sleep.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

So dumb. I mean the sun could take out all electronics on earth but the deaths wouldn’t happen until about 3 or 4 days later.

Guess it’s sexier to just say the sun could fry us. Only, that’s never happened. Arrington Event did.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

A Carrington Event today would crash society within hours, a day at most

24 hours we can survive. 72 we cannot. 48 is breaking point.

During my PhD, I worked with the heliophysicists at Goddard. We obsessed over this because we felt it was not dire enough.

Only saving grace is folks are too ignorant to believe what happened, happened. Folks always bring up EM protections per device but miss the fact that our grid and infrastructure would be gone.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Rat Patrol posted:

To be fair Casey's is great gas station pizza

This is like saying, “sure, I eat total garbage but it’s got gold flakes!”

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Totbot posted:

Casey’s is the type of pizza that people in the Midwest loving love.

As someone who has lived her entire life in the midwest, I can easily say you should never trust the opinion of someone from the midwest on food.

Lived in Nebraska for 5 years. You should just not trust the Midwest in general.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

What next, was Rosa Parks a bad person for being on a bus?
Is Ruby Bridges a bad person because she went to a white school?

Do none of these people believe in what they did?

They’re literally bringing back Tom Metzger’s / Stormfront’s MLK page in its messaging.

It took forever for us to get this site taken down.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150108232807/http://www.martinlutherking.org/

And I’m expecting folks to attack Rosa Parks by trying to highlight Claudette Colvin as the “rightful” civil rights person.

If you can muddle the message with infinite repetition, the lack of good compulsory education takes care of the rest.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Tumble posted:

Thats fuckin bleak

Welcome to the Midwest. Here's an honorary bottle of Ranch. You'll need it to drown out the sorrow hidden in all of the food.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Politicians don’t make mistakes. 1 mistake = 1 million lost votes.

Good thing TRump is God’s answer to a human not born with original sin.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

IF UR READING THIS U GOT LOOMERED

7 days

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

I would be more worried about a Biden/Haley match up than a Biden/Trump. If Trump is the Republican nom you're going to get a ton of Dems turning out specifically to vote against him but if it is a "normal" Republican like Haley I could see some people staying home because they don't like Biden.

Yeah. Poetic justice would be him living through his failure and then dying after he is declared loser.

Then 10 years of reprogramming and trying to deal with a bunch of cultists without a cult boss.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

The oversized boots do it for me.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Buce posted:

the foxnews article on this is hundreds of comments from boomer chuds saying that this is final straw and they're going to TAKE UP ARMS against the SCOTUS!! aaaaany day now.

As soon as they get their next disability check, they’re gonna borrow someone’s car and drive it to DC and let those folks know they have to validate their parking so they can overturn the government asap.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Is it because Florida has no money left after DeSantis’ fight against Disney, the NCAA, Wokeism, and whatever else?

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Didn’t Superman stop this plan in Superman 3 before that lady got turned into a freaky robot?

Man, I was just telling a friend how much that lady hosed me up as a kid. It wasn’t as bad as Ernest Scared Stupid, but it was close.

I can see the line between the troll in the Ernest movie me Trump. Scary.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

kazil posted:

Abbott trying to start some wars, cool cool cool

This is how we got Florida. Andrew Jacks just decides to invade and says, "Well, i'm here now. Guess it's US. No one talks about that."

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Accipiter posted:

What a dunce. All of that was what the LAST trial was for.

Due process was followed.

It was a PERFECT sexual encounter!!!

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Why the DNC doesn’t buy ad time every nfl game to remind folks that Trump is why there isn’t year round football is beyond me.

I mean if Hobby Lobby can constantly buy ad time to talk about Jesus getting us, why can’t we have Trummelop.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

"Taylor Swift is the Rush Limbaugh of white girls."

I'm going to have to meditate on this insight.

Glad it wasn’t just me.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Slyphic posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Austin_suicide_attack, I presume?
I was working two blocks away from that one, heard it hit, went you the roof and watched the smoke pillar. Even hot a look at the dude's manifesto site before it got pulled.

God, I remember that. Was even weirder than 9/11 but they didn't shut the whole town down.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

I wonder if we’ll get a sequel to Bad Johnson someday about how Trumps dick, played by Danny DaVito, goes to law school and climbs the ladder in his firm despite furious competition from another Bad Johnson named Hunter.

Bad Johnson 2: It’s a Twins Sequel two

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

I want to win a Peace Nobel prize. How can I do this while hating who I hate?

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

See you next Tuesday has real Let's Go Brandon vibes.

I can feel the isolation levels these phrases create in the people who are targeted by them. So alone. So cold.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

So we’ve gone from fake news to alternative facts to morons wearing shirts about facts not caring about your feelings.

Only those facts are still incredibly stupid.

It has to be so exhausting for these folks.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

Ben Shapiro's cousin retired from acting instead of giving him a nepo in to Hollywood as a terrible screenwriter and it eats him alive all day every day

I’m married to a person with an acting degree who was mildly successful in LA but decided to become a veterinarian after she restarted her life and met me while I was doing the same.

Her whole family is in show biz somehow so maybe I can save the world and give Dry Bones his shot.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

I’ve written a totally original song that isn’t plagiarized at all. My band name is Nojo Mixon.

Here’s a sample:

The time has come!
Time has come to talk
To that little bit of Trymp inside of you.
Talk to it!
Call it up!
Say "Trymp, heal me!"
"Save me, Trymp!"
"Make me be born again
In the perfect Trymp light"
That's right!
You've got that Trymp inside of ya
And he's talkin to ya
He says he wants you to sing!
Everybody's got to sing like the king!

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

Wow, that's great Nojo Mixon. Do you have any songs about the deaths of workers because of capitalism flipping the bird to regulation and worker safety?

In fact: https://youtu.be/k1Csif5l_6c?si=66ynwkz8reH8jadJ

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Jonny Quest posted:

Cap reference.jpg

But seriously I think we’re both nearing prostate and colonoscopy appointments.:corsair:

Next year for me, colonoscopy pals.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

It’s really something that Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure is actually a biopic about vaxxed people in the future. I wonder what my stand will be once Trump grafts his head onto Biden’s body.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Testikles posted:

Figured you would have made Biden Old Joseph

That’s Hunter.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Does that include the parts of the gospels that don't even agree with each other?

I’m more curious about what language of the Bible is factual. Or which edition? Where to the apocrypha fit in?

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Question on the Carano thing. I wonder where her contract was written? It seems like if it’s Florida, is Florida an at will state?

Cuz if so, I think I understand why the thing is written that way. Performative at best.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Well that fuckin’ sucks!

I assumed he was older and thought he was already dead. :ohdear:

Is he actually dead or elvis dead though?

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

I kind of feel bad for how hard Engoron has to try to write a judgement that doesn’t have legal holes in it for the inevitable attempts at appeals. I guess we will see if the carefully crafted judgement from Colorado ends up having any holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

kazil posted:

So Thomas's argument here is because this hasn't come up before it doesn't count?

NASCAR sitting off in the distance going, “well, all it took for us was a gamer to become a car driver and suddenly everything changed.”