Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

ChickenHeart posted:

oh jesus there is also a significant chance for live-action Rogue and I don't think the world is ready for that

Maybe not, but the world NEEDS it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

haveblue posted:

You could have slightly more distaste with a few strategic changes

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Very concerning. Gonna look into this.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Seems like they done been turds. How much can the FCC get em for over this? Is there even a theoretical outcome where people get unshitcanned for this greedy nonsense?

FCC is communications. FTC is the Trade Commission.

And no, you can't unring that bell. Nothing will happen, and if anything does, it will be a $25 fine or whatever.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

And in real life.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

*nods* I'm liking it..... I'm liking it!!!!

A sexy robot in every bed! A dozen sexy robots in every town square!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Black Mesa is awesome but their Xen should be half the length it is now (it's, like 3x longer than HL1 Xen).

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

What's up, motherfoamers?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sup, FAK

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Propaganda Hour posted:

Bring. Back. Wireframe. Maps!

Ok, they're back, now what?!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Games should not be designed, they should only ever be generated.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Wildtortilla posted:

What about red in mirrors edge?

People want to put design decisions like "yellow painted ledges" into a little tool box where art directors and designers pull out individual single solutions and "plug them in" to the "problem" they are working on that day. Problem solved by Solution, time to move on down the list. The reality is that game design is messy and dumb, and designers are messy and dumb and sometimes there's no time to invent a better solution or do the research or do the testing or no resources to implement the great idea someone had but couldn't pull off in time or it was left to the last minute and a solution had to be implemented quickly, or the creative director really likes yellow painted ledges and no one can convince them otherwise or or or

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

lol climbing. I’m gonna fly

lets see it

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Consider this: How many of these scuttled projects would have disappointed you, the tasteful gamer? How many would have had the common stuff you love to complain about like a crafting menu or a purple thing? Now that everything is being cancelled and there will be no video games anymore, you get to enjoy them for the imaginary projects they were, with a fine helping of righteous indignation on the side. It really is the best of both worlds!

ok, but i wish that all of my friends still had jobs.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

haveblue posted:

Rumor has it that Respawn is now working on a Star Wars game where you play as a Mandalorian (not that one) (not that one either)

Justice for 1313, finally?

Aha, are they finally done wringing out the threadbare Jedi dishrag and have bought a brand new content sponge?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

By "they" I mean Disney, not Respawn, to be clear.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

You formed friendships with other humans, this is 100% on you

Teach me how to right this wrong..

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

DaveKap posted:

They made a tech demo for Unreal Engine 5.

Ah, so it wasn't a film.. they're calling it a TECH DEMO, eh? Clever...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Muscle Tracer posted:

So what's the rationale behind the mechanic where jumping off something and aiming makes time slow down. isn't jumping around and falling legendarily bad for your aim in the real world? or is that why we invented paratroopers?

Pretty sure it's because movies did it and because it's cool, op.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

You know what else is cool? the physics of the universe

Nah, that's what's been keeping me down, op.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hatty posted:

More games industry layoffs this time at Sony

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1762463887369101350?s=20

London Studio shut down completely. though I'm not sure what they put out its still sad to see

"Sony said the layoffs will also impact game makers Insomniac (the studio behind Spider-Man), Naughty Dog (The Last of Us) and Guerrilla (Horizon), three of its most successful subsidiaries."

Hearing 11% reduction at Guerilla.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Amp posted:

been playing a lot of small indie mmorpg "world of warcraft" lately

Ew, take this poo poo to E/N

Edit: you mean Microsoft World of Warcraft 24?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's very little investment happening in games right now. This is compared to 2020/2021 when companies like Apple were greenlighting elevator pitches for 8 figure budgets.