Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fungah! posted:

100% check out berserk in th manga, none of the anime are even close to showin how completely fuckin cool berserk is

It's a shame that the closest is still the 97 show lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My fiancee got me this bookmark a couple of years ago and I opened it from the bottom up in confusion before working out what it was + the joke

holy poo poo lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

tmfc posted:

started twin peaks yesterday, hadn't seen it yet

There is a lot you can safely skip in the second season lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Didn't know Netflix added Naoki Urasawa's Monster to its service

It's available with the Japanese audio and French....but no English dub

lol what

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Roth posted:

Started up Gundam ZZ last night. It's weridly comedic and slapstick after how depressing Zeta was.

I'm about halfway through Zeta for the first time ever and enjoying the hell out of it and I'm kind of dreading moving on to ZZ

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Is Gran Turismo out yet? Because it's a really stupid loving idea for a movie

The film is about a Gran Turismo player whose gaming skills won a series of Nissan-sponsored video game competitions to become an actual professional race car driver.

I had no idea this was a thing lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVPzGBvPrzw

I still can't believe this is real

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol but Top Hat is a fun picture.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I judged a speech contest in Japan once and one of the kids did this speech in a hitler outfit.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ramsay's kitchen nightmares

I would pay good money for someone to go back and re-edit the American version and remove all the music and stupid loving sound effects to even attempt to make it look somewhat close to the original version

I can watch the UK ones endlessly

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The UK version was also genuinely educational at times. Gordon Ramsay gave some really interesting insight into what it takes to not only run a restaurant but also formulate a menu, attract and retain customers, how to shop for ingredients and work with local vendors, and all kinds of other stuff.

The us version can be summed up with one sound effect used about 300 times an episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dinyOvO2EEo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

extremebuff posted:

gordon ramsay running into money laundering fronts and just being horrified ftw

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

that feeling when you make the food intentionally spicy to harm your angry customers

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Uncle Frank posted:

there's a UK on about an Indian restaurant where Gordan brings in some bellydancers to promote the store and while he's introducing them to the owners the guy walks straight up to one of the ladies and meekly says "you are one of my wives"

hahaha, the owner of the Curry House, saying "you remind me of one of my wives"

gordon: lmao what the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D21No5_Z-dQ

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TheWeedNumber posted:

for the rest of you, it’s p simple. I’m here to game and to post occasionally. if you’re chill I’m chill. If you want the smoke instead tho let’s burn this motha down. bout it.

😎

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

In Training posted:

Kuwabara Kuwabara.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jesus I had no idea the guy was 70, that sucks :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Criterion Blu-ray for it is insanely good, too

Pretty awesome how they used real thieves as consultants

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress I gotta watch it again, love the finale and how tense it was shot and how methodical Frank carries everything out.

I just wish it got more attention

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I saw a zoomer the other day saying they "didn't know anyone disliked the Hobbit movies" and had to stare at the wall for 5 minutes

As someone who works around zoomers all the time, im surprised they weren't immediately mocked by their fellow zoomers lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fist of the North Star getting a new adaptation, feeling cautiously optimistic

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

How the gently caress are there two different dubs for Vinland Saga

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

my best friends and I spent our study hall in junior year using one of those free relay services to make prank calls to local businesses, like calling Chuck E Cheese and asking for Charles and calling some weird rear end church setup in the local mall and constantly asking to "speak with Babe"

i don't remember much academically

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

insane anime posted:

thats exactly what we were talking about--being horned up with our friends in study hall giggling at the idea of a mouse being called charles

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mycophobia posted:

looked up the actor Jackie Cooper on wikipedia and lol:

lol wtf

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My wife watched that Marcella show on Netflix and it just might be one of the most unintentionally funny shows ive ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JqwJ2bTQlw

There is a part that is just brutally stupid and amazing all at once and we both just walked off laughing at it, pretty sure it was season 2, part of me wants to spoil it, part of me wants to see if I'm the only person that found it hilarious

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

0079 movies into Zeta is a good bet if you wanna do the UC route

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

In Training posted:

Paprika fuckin owns. RIP Satoshi.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Literally no better time than christmastime

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I thought it was weird there were people legitimately mad that they recast everyone for remake

It would be really charitable to call it mediocre at best, it's just straight up bad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fortaleza posted:

Watching Muppets Christmas Carol, as is tradition since I was a kid. Think my sister still has the entire dialogue memorized

forever hosed up they took out that one song in the rereleases

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Me: support your local libraries

Me now: please stop using your library please

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

im the one with brain damage who enjoyed both the dawn of the dead remake and the watchmen adaptation

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

father in law is watching rebel moon, this poo poo is so unbelievably wack lmao, it's just weird and bad and dumb, and this mfer really just hookah'd through his chest, gently caress THIS MOVIE

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

so much poo poo gets introduced and solved in the span of a short amount of time, it's bizarre and offputting at every point, it's like those b-movies that were just cobbled together footage from unfinished productions

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

euroshopper posted:

the show aired on loving toonami which is owned by warner bros and yet you guys treated it as equivalent as actual child abuse material which i still find incredibly offensive. this isn't even a defense of the show the author is def a pedo but the right-wing "satanic pedophile hollywood" ppl never bothered to raise a stink about it which says something

yeah dude tell em, keep on posting

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You got a pocket pussy? Good. Now throw that poo poo away. We do it live.

HolePisser1982 posted:

whats that? its motherfucking sacriligious?
now stop being a stingy bastard and go show your friends this big pile of smut you just made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Rewatching Howl's Moving Castle which I really didn't like first time I watched. I'm enjoying it but I still loving hate Howl lol, in the book he's just a massive weirdo and in the film he's an epic cool shonen guy voiced by Christian Bale (please do not mock me for subs not dubs I literally can't see out of 1.5 eyes ATM)

Speaking of not being able to see I'm posting in the right thread now so leave me alone. I can't see

I never got the impression he's an epic cool guy though, he's self absorbed and vain and pretty much ignores calcifer's warning about transforming too often