Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Sefal posted:

The push pain away power means that someone else has to take it in. I believe he did that when there was no other options and hence he became a cyborg, or maybe he can't push away diseases

Yeah this would be my sense too. He didn't take the disease on himself because he was thinking/hoping there was a cure. He spent that whole time not even knowing the name of the disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Buggy and Usopp eventually just get into a lie-off that shatters the Red Line

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Lpzie posted:

there's not much left to show imo....

I thought that too, but each chapter has included stuff I was not anticipating

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

The WG has been enacting a mom extermination for decades

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I sometimes daydream about if ODA would ever use Sugar to retcon the world. Like, one chapter it turns out that after the Navy took Sugar, the WG used her on Luffy's mom who was a world famous princess of a kingdom or something, but she started to rebel and that's why literally no one has ever thought to mention her.

Y'know, basically the Sabo treatment but with a loose reason.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

GEAR 3 BONNEY

Cat Machine posted:

I don’t quite understand the start of the chapter. Kuma was meeting up with Dragon in Goa, but went for a walk beforehand and saw Luffy, and was remembering that fact at the start of this chapter, meaning the end of the last chapter was a flashback within a flashback? Uhhhhh

Seems kinda strange for Dragon to go explicit no-contact with his kid for security reasons but still carry out clandestine meetings there

Kuma visited Luffy and was remembering that, when the RA was in the East Blue, he and Dragon talked about Goa and Kuma had figured out Luffy was his kid. Dragon then told him not to tell anyone. Back to the "present," Kuma was just watching Luffy to check in on him as he's his friend's son.

I interpreted the Goa meetings as Dragon wanting to make sure Luffy is safe without actually checking on him in person.

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 7, 2023

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Ive seen enough. Bonney is the 2nd strongest non-straw hat supernova behind Law and its not close. She would have beat BM harder than Kid easily. Also would have blocked Shanks' attack with a Mihawk-ish sword block.

Joking aside, have we seen her use haki? Obviously at this point we have to assume all major players can, so I'm sure she can, but have we seen it?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

ThingOne posted:

In a single chapter Gyogyo and the rest of Bonney's crew became some of my favorite characters. They sailed into the teeth of the New World just to help a little girl find her dad.

I really hope we see them rescued from the Navy later.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

I have mixed feelings about the Nika stuff myself. The embodiment of freedom being a rubber cartoon man makes sense. But why is Nika also a sun god? Why do the Five Elder Stars suddenly start caring about Luffy’s Devil Fruit during the Wano arc, right around the time Who’s Who mentions both Nika and the Gum Gum Fruit in unrelated contexts, but in the same conversation? It just feels contrived. The proper place to introduce Nika, IMO, would have been back in the Amazon Lily arc, when Hancock explained the significance of the Sun Pirates’ tattoos.

I mean, Nika is a Sun God because people love worshipping the sun. Plus, the fruit is born from people's dreams and worship about Nika. So Nika doesn't have to make sense. People just prayed hard enough to bring their imaginations to life.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Picked up a Yamato t-shirt. Excited to get into angry debates at the game store over his gender while wearing it.

Pls share, I am in the market for one

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

This rules, thank you

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/pewpiece/status/1734796480727159186?t=OvJbCkLsCgZB9MXQdWJnPA&s=19

Saw these floating around

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

nami and robin have only ever looked good in the anime

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

No Wave posted:

egghead robin...

Egghead Robin rules

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

David DeKuvney, absolute

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Julias posted:

We actually haven't seen his alive yet, we're just going off of what Perona has said :ssh:

Blackbeard was pretty clear in that Moria should skedaddle, and it really seemed like he wasn't trying to capture him.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Franky absolutely slept around Water 7

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Farg posted:

do you think there will be gear 6

I think there might be "Final Gear" or something

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Eggplant Squire posted:

I'm curious if the story will expand on why Saturn was experimented on Bonney's mom who sounded like a high ranking elite at the time and not someone of a lower class. It might be as simple as he sees all humans as equally worthless but it feels like there's more to it than that.

Yeah, that was wild. Obviously the translation is rough but he called her the 8th lady of the holy land. What the gently caress does that mean. Did she "marry" one of the Gorosei?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah was about to type basically all of this: the translator misinterpreted the crosshair and also got confused about the admittedly frantic back and forth between the soldiers fighting an approaching Kuma and the ones still targeting Bonney

Hell, that's how I interpreted it until I just read these posts.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hey, punk hazard did technically happen. that's pretty much the only time marines ever focused on protecting civilians over fighting their enemies, open corruption, or obeying actively evil orders.

That's not true. Smoker directed his dudes to help in Alabasta, and Fujitora helped civilians (though declined to actually stop Doffy directly). Which is why I think Smoker and Fujitora lead the New World Order Navy after all this is done.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

His shoulders get even bigger

What if they get slimmed down, but it turns out he's just using holograms to make them look smaller

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Gologle posted:

People want Kizaru to turn good sooo badly. Is it because he's the weed man?

Nothing wrong with wanting a dude to have a face turn after getting humanizing backstory for the first time.

Like others have said, I think he'll have a moment of hesitation or rebellion that will help the SH crew. I don't think he's gonna, like, be the last member of the crew or anything. But One Piece loves to explore navy folks having second thoughts about their orders.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I think part of One Piece that is easy to forget is that the Straw Hats are abnormal. Most pirate crews kill and steal. Law literally stole a hundred human hearts and killed Vega and Monet, Kidd has (allegedly) killed civilians. Hell, the Straw Hats aren't even anti-killing, Oda just prefers to leave their enemies alive. Murder isn't a big deal in this world.

That being said, Caesar is on another level what with chemical warfare and all that.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Julias posted:

Anyways feels relevant to post this again:

Gonna be interesting to see what the WG does with the leakers, and if a new age of piracy will arise

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

I love that about him tbh. Too many shonen villains revel in their nigh invincibility, and it's great to see a villain set out on their evil quest, taking and enduring a LOT of punishment along the way. It feels like he's been earning his gains.

It really makes him feel like an evil Luffy, in a good way. Luffy has not won any major fight without first being on the ropes. They both get their asses beat but refuse to back down.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Elite posted:

My treasure? It’s yours for the taking, I left it there on Ebay. All you have to do is pay 30,000 dollars.

Do you ship international?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

This is great because I think it's basically the first time we've ever seen him bothered at all. He's so lackadaisical that he's hard to read. Even when he fought Marco it was all played off as a semi joke. But he seemed legit SHOCKED at that. Hell, even Rayleigh blocked Kizaru's leg, not the laser itself.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

rko posted:

I bet he could really chew up the scenery as Wapol, though. That’s the dream right there.

This was my first thought. His Wapol would be a cross between his Penguin and Frank Reynolds. And it'd rule.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

No Wave posted:

it's clearly fan art. Admirals don't make faces like that.

Honestly it does read like that if you don't know the context. Hell, even if you do know it's official, a shocked face doesn't really tell you anything.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

ragnarokette posted:

That was always how I took it, he's just moving so fast it's like an optical illusion or something

Yeah I took it as a combo of speed and, like, murderous intent. Though haki later was a convenient upgrade for that second aspect.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

What is Vegapunk going to announce? The actual, honest to Nika truth of the world? A tease where he says the WG is lying about everything? I NEED TO KNOW

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

PuttyKnife posted:

I think the thing that i'm more interested in is what isn't really being mentioned. Are they not worried because the folks who have had the fruit were killed quickly before it awoke in the past? Or, was this bravado on the last page something that Joy Boy has had in the past and it was how he failed last time? Because Saturn, who was already scarred from who knows what, seems mostly nonplussed and that's weird given that he's just lost arms and legs and horns and gave no shits but healed 100%. What actually scarred him?

I think he's not worried because the WG won last time. Like, we don't know the details, but Joyboy has been erased from history and the Gorosei are sitting pretty. Add that onto its been 800 years since the fruit awoke plus Saturn already thinks he's above humanity, and you get an old dude who literally cannot conceive that he can lose.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Caidin posted:

Yeah I think the Vice Admiral boss title was less of an intro into fights and more of a reestablishing Dorry and Brogy are very, very strong thing because he gets very casually one shotted.

I think it's also because we'll probably be seeing a lot of stuff through their eyes and it'd be weird to not know their names.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

"Now kiss"

https://twitter.com/peixeaquatico/status/1761078919518712068?t=JdxhCggWHVJ4j3cih0hOjA&s=19

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 23, 2024

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

CatstropheWaitress posted:

I feel like those get "written" every week. You see one these junk pages, you've seen them all. Nothing of value, education, or interest can be found in these.

All the fake spoilers that circulate a day or so before the real ones are kind of cute to read tho. Some read like possibly true until the last couple lines when they give up the game, but some don't even try and that's great too:

I saw a fake spoiler summary that seemed plausible but ended with Jimbei puts on Zoro's bandana and unlocks a new awakened form. Got a good chuckle out of me.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Capfalcon posted:

Presuming he drops a ton of Void Century knowledge, Robin has to feel pretty mixed between "I spend so long researching to find the mystery... And he just... broadcast it out to the whole world." and dying of excitement.

Do we even know if VP knows the full truth of the world? Like, does he know what Rayleigh knows? Or does he "just" know almost everything?

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

You are the thread, unaware of the new chapter. May your purpose be fulfilled.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

drat WOKE World Government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

That Time I Died and Got Reincarnated as a Feral Brazilian Rubber-boy