Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm about positive the Colts will trade up with the Bears to get a QB. I don't think they'll be content to sit back and wait to see if one they want gets to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

xbilkis posted:

I'm going to put this out into the universe now: Colts trade up to #1 and draft Levis

Nah they can get Levis by staying put. If they want Young or Stroud they're gonna need to trade up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Bears or Cardinals are absolutely trading out, too many teams right outside the top 5 who need a QB and will be looking to jump the Colts

That's why I'm positive the Colts will trade up with the Bears. They'll still get a great player at 4 and can get some extra picks to fill more holes in the roster.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

If the Colts trade up to 1 and don't take Stroud then they deserve everything that's about to happen.

If Ballard is still the GM I think he takes Stroud though. That's a big if

The QB probably depends on who the new coach and maybe new GM is. I haven't watched enough college games to know if Stroud or Young are better, but from looking up what everyone is saying, Stroud seems like he'd be the better fit for the team as it currently is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Looking at the draft value chart, the first pick is worth 1000 and the #4 overall is 491.

Colts likely would need to throw in this year's second and next year's first to start sniffing fair value on a #1-for-#4 swap.

I think they'd do that if they think Young or Stroud are their guy. They could also do something like add Buckner to the deal since he has history with Eberflus and would immediately help the defense.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If the Colts trade up, which I think they will, they're gonna take Stroud or Levis.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts know even if Levis is a bust that some other team will take him. All part of the plan to get Arch Manning.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I don't see the Colts taking Young. I think it's either Stroud or Levis.

They'll probably take a swing at Levis and if he doesn't work out, go in the tank and all in for Arch Manning.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the Colts want Levis or Stroud. I dunno who would be the favorite between them, but I think Levis.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also it's going by Ballard's past drafts where he usually takes guys who maybe aren't polished but have good athletic talent and measurables. Levis fits that profile pretty well.

I think they'd be happy with any of the three, but my guess is the preference is Stroud or Levis over Young.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Long long maaaaaaaaaaaan

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Colts might trade up to 1 if they feel strongly about a QB, but I think if they don't go to 1 then they're staying at 4.

Yeah, they won't trade with Houston and there's no point in trading up one spot to 3. I don't think the Cards trade out of there anyway.

I figure if the Colts fall in love with one of the QBs after working them out they'll trade up, otherwise if they think they can live with any of them they'll stand pat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stroud is my guess but obviously Steichen just got in the door so they're gonna let him have input on who he wants as well.

But again, I figure if they fall in love with any of them they'll trade up. If they think that they can work with any of them and grade them at about the same level they'll stay where they are and pick whoever falls to them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I do still think that Levis or Stroud will be who the Colts target. If it's Young then they can forget about that QB sneak that Steichen ran so well with Hurts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the Colts will trade up, but who is the distant 3rd best QB? Nobody can even agree on who the best QB is this draft and the rankings are all over the place.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man, gently caress that guy. He was probably drunk while racing too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alaois posted:

who is going to draft this Rey Mysterio Jr. sized man to play QB

Booyaka

Booyaka

He's 5'9"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I kinda like that we have the fun crazy prospect at QB again this year. Either he's going to be a monster or a joke and I hope my team's not apart of it, at all, but I don't mind watching it unfold.

I dunno. I want the Colts to get Stroud, but if they get Richardson then I'm all on board to see if they can develop him into some crazy elite QB.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ballard loves measurables and his interviews this week seem to lean toward Stroud being the person he wants. So if they trade up, I think they take him. If he's gone then I think they take Richardson.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

why would you even need a pain tolerance test

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Whole lot of smoke about the Colts being in on Anthony Richardson. I can talk myself into it if they get him at 4, but I absolutely do not want them trading up to get him.

I'm pretty sure Stroud is their first choice and Richardson is number two. I think the real question is if they want to move up to grab one of them or feel comfortable if either are there at 4.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's a lottery pick. Young and Stroud are most likely gonna be good but they aren't generational talents. So all it takes is for a team to say they want to buy that lottery ticket for an outside chance of hitting it big rather than playing it safe to draft him over the others.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm really glad the Colts didn't trade a lot to move up. I'd rather they keep the first round pick next year. They should still be able to get a QB they like, even if they're not their first choice.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm now all in on the Colts getting Richardson and the wild ride it'll come with

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

If the Colts take Richardson at 4 I'm completely fine with it. My fear was them trading up for him or Levis, but if we're keeping all of our other draft capital I feel a lot better about those picks.

I'll be curious to see what the behind-the-scenes dealings looked like with this trade. If Indy was trying hard to get up to that spot and just got outbid by Carolina, that'll make me a lot more nervous than if they were putting out feelers but otherwise content to stay at 4.

I really don't want the Colts to lose their first round pick next year, and they don't really have much draft capital this year. I could have lived with losing the 2nd this year, but they absolutely should keep the pick next year. I'm fine if they decided that was too rich for them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I mean, I kind of say it jokingly, but I would not be surprised if Irsay is eyeing Arch Manning and that's who he's waiting to sell the farm for.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah there's no consensus on who the best QB is. I don't think you can go wrong with Stroud but is he really that much better that you'd give up so much for him? Maybe, but I don't think so. The Colts need help in other areas, and they wouldn't be able to address all of those needs if they traded away a lot of draft picks.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I'm honestly putting the same odds on the Colts drafting a QB at 4, and them taking another position then trading back up into the first for Hooker.

Neither move would surprise me

Yeah, the Colts aren't in a terrible position. They have some options. They can try to trade up a spot, they can stay and draft a QB or best player available and then maybe target Hooker later, or maybe they trade back to pick up some extra picks and still target Hooker.

My guess is they stay put and if Richardson/Stroud is there, they draft them. If they're both gone, I think trading down is more likely than taking Anderson and they go for an OT and Hooker in the first and second.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Colts can draft Richardson at #4 and have him sit behind Ryan for a year.

I don't know if they'd really want to pick up the guaranteed money they'd pay Ryan, but yeah it is an option. If they cut him, then Minishew or Mariota or even Jacoby could be signed to start for the year while they sit Richardson.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexo posted:

when Richardson gets taken at 3 >>>

If that does happen, I think the Colts take Anderson and then aim for Hooker with their 2nd round pick. Or they trade back and still target Hooker. I don't really have a sense for how they feel about Levis to say if they'd be okay taking him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I doubt the Colts have the cap space and on hand cash to make a contract structure the Ravens won't match.

That said, they are better positioned than most teams to make a trade offer that Baltimore would entertain.

The Colts are actually one of the few teams that do have the cash to put up a deal. I'd be fine if they actually did get Lamar, but it seems like nobody has any faith that they'll make an offer that Baltimore won't just end up matching.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol the Colts would not give up that much to move one spot for Levis

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I got a good chuckle when I read hte bit about trading a 2nd and a 3rd to move up one spot. Ballard is not Ryan Pace.

I think they would give a third, but if they give a second it would have to be to swap places or get a lower pick back.

If Stroud is there then maybe they give up more. But not for Levis.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

The Colts are more likely to try to trade back than they are to trade up to 3 for Levis. People can scream about the need all they want, but Ballard (for better or worse) absolutely will not force the move if they don't believe in a guy, and if the guy they believe in is Levis then they're probably safe playing the odds that he's still there at 4.

Here's my take:

If Stroud somehow falls to 3, the Colts will give up a pretty good haul to move up and get him.

If he doesn't, there is a small possibility they trade up, but it would not be a lot, and they draft Richardson.

If they stay at 4, they see what they can get, but if the deal isn't good, they take Richardson or Levis. There's also an equal chance they take BPA, then draft Hooker in the 2nd or trade back into the 1st to get him.

Overall, I think staying where they are and getting Richardson is what's gonna happen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'll die laughing if it's Levis

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I wouldn't read too much into that, it's purely Doyel's speculation based on the Colts not trading up to 1. Though I would say it's a more likely scenario than them trading up to 3. Probably only happens if some other team leapfrogs them to 3 and takes Richardson though.

As for Ballard's leash I do think it's longer than a lot of people would've guessed. All he really needs to do this year is get some QB on the roster that the fanbase can attach to as a potential future franchise guy.

Yeah, they only trade up in Stroud is at 3. If Richardson is there at 4 they take him. If not, they either trade back or take BPA and look for Hooker later.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm all aboard the Colts drafting Richardson. Maybe he won't be any good, I don't care, at least he'll be fun to watch.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

If it is a smokescreen it's working, because most of the Colts local media is now clamoring for a trade up to 3 to get him

I think they really should, unless they really feel good about Levis. Which I don't think they do. The Colts sent pretty much their biggest scouting guy outside of Ballard to Richardson's pro day.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Probably, yeah. Minshew isn't anything special but he'd be a capable bridge QB, and Ballard doesn't need to win this year to keep his job, he just needs to have a potential QB of the future on the roster.

Yeah, exactly. They might as well shoot for the moon with this pick and Richardson has the highest potential out of the QBs they'll have left to pick from. And they'll hope that Steichen can develop him like he helped develop Hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you have a choice between Stroud and Richardson you should take Stroud every time.

After that, then you can talk yourself into Richardson over anyone else because of how his potential is off the charts