Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Hencoe posted:

Wait they still play 30k up there?

Dear Lord, there’s an “up there” from you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.

Hencoe posted:

Wait they still play 30k up there?

Very seldom, a bunch of us are waiting for the new rules to come out.

Beerdeer posted:

Theres a huge war gaming community up in Fairbanks, Alaska.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Sivores posted:

I go there for work late February for a week, should I bring some zone mortalis list(s) in a case?

Beerdeer posted:

Sivores posted:

Because what else are you going to do in the dead of winter.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Happpy 2018! Combi-Vets are back and I’m drunk as fuuuuuuuck

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

panascope posted:

Happpy 2018! Combi-Vets are back and I’m drunk as fuuuuuuuck

:same:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

IM GAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Sivores posted:

No poo poo. Do you know if there is much of one in Anchorage? I moved up there a few months ago.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Fearless posted:

No poo poo. Do you know if there is much of one in Anchorage? I moved up there a few months ago.

If you have Facebook look up AKW - Alaska Wargaming, it will get you in touch with a large section of the community in the area.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
JUDGEMENT DAY HAS ARRIVED.

But first some stats!
Successful Toxxers: 20
Despicable failures who deserve their fate: 11
Total dollar value painted: $3987.51, plus whatever that big demon costs

SUCCESSFUL TOXXERS

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Thanks guys! My favorite thing about the dorks is their loyalty.

Also quote this post if you wanna :toxx: to complete a superheavy this year- built and painted.

I'm gonna be detailing and fiddling with this thing for the rest of my life, but it's at least now at a point where I'd put it on a tabletop, so :toxx: completed. LAZER TANK

OhDearGodNo posted:

:toxx:ing for Magnus.

If for some reason FW delays a year shift it over to a Sicaran.

Killer_Bees! posted:

So I just took Atrapos parts out of soaking so I suppose :toxx: one Knight Atrapos to fit with my dark mech/death guard !

Killer_Bees! posted:

Do it goons, get those :toxx: units smashed out and go wreck faces! If a mentally enfeebled man child like me can do it anyone can :toot: bonus points if you sweep your local metas next comp with it haha!

Hencoe posted:

:toxx: for a typhon, iron within goons without.

Hencoe posted:

:toxx: Complete, Introducing the worst painted result of our suicide pact because I have neither: Talent, Patience, Steady Hands, or Skill.

Hixson posted:

:toxx: for Magnus the Red

Hixson posted:

:toxx: complete! This guy has been sitting mostly completed on my desk for the last couple of months. I finally decided to buckle down and get him done

Sulecrist posted:

Assuming you expand the category to non-superheavy Lords of War as discussed in Slack, I will :toxx: to complete... Horus, probably. Or maybe a Glaive.

Sulecrist posted:

:toxx: complete!

Probably no action shots for awhile because my firstborn is due in two weeks :3: I’ll give this evil bastard a couple of little plants and gloss his gems once the regular layers of varnish are added, but ~my blending~ will be a lot harder to see after the cotes, so I figure I should document him in his current fragile glory.

Stanyer89 posted:

:toxx: for my Leman Russ Primarch this year.

Stanyer89 posted:

Big Papa Wolf-Daddy. LoW Toxx: COMPLETE.

ijyt posted:

Ugh, peer pressure. :toxx: to paint an indentured Knight for my Iron Warrriors by next year.

ijyt posted:

:toxx: Complete! :pcgaming:

GreenMarine posted:

I'll be a late addition and :toxx: some lord of war for mechanicus.

GreenMarine posted:

Other than fixing his nose, I'm calling this one :toxx: complete.

I might lighten up his skin a bit. I might add a highlight or two later on. I'm pretty intimidated by painting characters, so I'm happy with where this guy ended up. My World Eaters are dirty and brutal looking, not clean like my 40k Thousand Sons and I wanted that to carry over onto their Primarch.

SRM posted:

Put me down for a :toxx: for Guilliman. Let's paint this patrician motherfucker

SRM posted:

I painted my Lord of War for the toxx thing

JackMack posted:

Just like school, even if it is ill advised, if the cool kids are doing it I am in.

I resolve to paint and base the apocalypse miniature from the other seven sins game to be a lord of war daemon of the ruinstorm ( I will decide which one when I have the book)

Like the cool kids at school you are using adult terms that I don't truly understand (circa '91 I did not get the difference between dildo and condom thanks to a stupid Adrian mole gag. Fortunately due to my outright nerdiness the practical difficulties of such confusion never manifested) can I clarify that toxxing basically means a ban if I fail?

:toxx:

E: SAClopedia has enlightened me. I guess it is up to the internet to educate me about condoms and dildos as neither of those terms were there.

JackMack posted:

I have painted my LoW, my giant murderdaemon.

Wrenched forth from the warp, present from nearly the beginning of mankind. He has been known by many names through the millenia; Cain's Folly, the Wrathchild, the End of Empires and the Echo of the First Murder. His daemon name is Drach'nyen and the Emperor himself could not defeat him...

In game terms I shall be using him as any of the LoW daemons without wings. I dislike the miniatures for both Samus and Corbax Utterblight so he could be them. Or the other ones from IA13. I realised too late of course that they can't be taken with my cult militia but there you go.

I learnt a lot about painting a big model, and such a complex one.

I am someone who disagrees with the melta bomb poo poo. Only because I like plain dreadnoughts and this means that there are a pile more threats to a weak unit. Also, the prospect of twenty guys lining up to throw grenades at the same moving target sounds like a danger to all parties involved. I will try to come to terms with this bombshell, one day at a time.

PantsOptional posted:

Ah, gently caress it. Not gonna order him till Thursday but :toxx: for Perturabo.

SALTY WITHIN
SALTY WITHOUT

PantsOptional posted:

Luckily my Foldio came in today so I'll post pics tonight and fulfill my toxx at the same time, after I'm done beating the pelts off these space woofs.

E: space woofs gave up and quit saltily so here are some lovely cellphone pics that are also literally my first lightbox pics and I probably don't know how to properly use it yet. I'll probably take better pictures later with a real camera.

Perty:

The Boys:

Family Photo:

TOXX FULFILLED

Lord Twisted posted:

LoW :toxx: complete - Vulkan & Bodyguard

Hamshot posted:

Can anyone toxx even if they're not a super big thread regular?

Hamshot posted:

Well poo poo, might as well make it official.
:toxx: TRAITOR WARLORD TITAN, MOTHERFUCKERS! :shepspends:

(Gonna chaos-ify an imperial knight first though, just to make sure I can. Though it's not like I'm already invested what with the head, shoulder guns and big ol plasma gun boxes already sitting on my shelf.)

Hamshot posted:

Despite setbacks, agony, drawn blood, never receiving the package with the lighting system, being the biggest little bitch about it in the slack :siren: Toxx complete!:siren:

(cultist for scale)

Lacrimas Rosa, or the Bloody Rose, Legio Oculorrhexis, Forgeworld Meninx, a warlord titan aligned to the Warmaster.

Travels with the word bearers, so the corruption has already begun.

Fully magnetized and with a system for interchangeable weapons for every option.

More pictures, including some detail shots, here.

Drake_263 posted:

Also, put me down for :toxx: too - I have a pair of Knights I need to paint for a friend and mine mutual Mechanicum army. Tempted to get an Acheron to add to them but how about I finish the other two first...

Drake_263 posted:

For actual content, I got another project finally done:

The Knight I've had painted for ages, already, but this is the first photo I took of it. The Myrmidons, however, I just finished a couple of days back. They were surprisingly fun to paint, too.

Safety Factor posted:

I wasn't going to join, but I've been harangued into it. I will also :toxx: a Lord of War in this thread's crazy 2017 suicide pact. Probably a Glaive.

Safety Factor posted:

:toxx: complete!

Sorry about the harsh lighting. I'm at my parents' until the 2nd and this was what I had to work with.

It's good enough for now. I'll be revisiting it soon enough to do my usual idiotic amount of edge highlighting. And checkers. It still needs some checkers. I was pressed for time. :v:

Lord_Hambrose posted:

What the hell. :toxx: for a Knight buddy for my World Eaters.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Ugh, :toxx: me up for Angron too. He is the main thing I want to field after all.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

:toxx: COMPLETE

If you can't speed paint one and a half Lords of War in less than 12 hours, I don't know what to tell you. Angron has been half finished for like 6 months, but the knight wasn't too bad. I hosed up the top of it with too much wash but :shrug:

Hype for the TOXX next year.

Sivores posted:

Can I put myself down for a :toxx: of the Warmaster himself and his Brother Alpharius?

Sivores posted:

Upon realizing it was the 31st today I realized that I had forgotten to post my :toxx: completion so in all his glory, my version of the warmaster:

TOXX COMPLETED!

Broken Record Talk posted:

:toxx:ing to paint a Questoris Knight or Super Heavy Tank by the end of the year, because why not?

Broken Record Talk posted:

:toxx: COMPLETE

Hail Satan

Beerdeer posted:

I will :toxx: for a very poorly painted 30k Guilliman.

Beerdeer posted:

Toxx Complete

THE HALL OF SHAME

BULBASAUR posted:

:siren: :siren:
Common you troglodytes, get your new years resolutions itt:

:toxx:ing to paint a LOW by the end of the year because tkwg is a bad friend

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

I'm a dumb gay idiot who doesn't understand the value of money or dignity. I guess I'm toxxin' for a Typhon!

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Good points all around. I'll toxx for both.

TTerrible posted:

:toxx: I will build and paint some dumb giant piece of poo poo.

It'll probably be a Fellblade, Glaive or Typhon.

TKIY posted:

Sure what the hell.

:toxx: I'll do a Typhon.

Mango Polo posted:

I pledge a Cerastus knight. I am most likely going to be moving to a new country, nothing could possibly go wrong with this :toxx: decision.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

:toxx: for a superheavy, one of which I technically bought just to paint this year? Why the hell not!

Recoome posted:

...:toxx: on it ... I'll really finish my Armorcast Warhound, hahaha

Endman posted:

Put me down for a Primarch. I haven't decided which one yet, but I've got most of 2017 to decide before I hastily panic-paint him on December 31 :v:

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I would love a Typhon, but I didn't actually write a haiku, so do with that what you will.

But I'll tell you what I will do:
:toxx: for Mortarion to be bought, assembled, and painted by the end of 2017.

DrPop posted:

I would like to :toxx: ... I haven't painted in 10+ years and would like to become competent at it this year.

Felime posted:

Effit. I will :toxx: one knight titan. drat thing needs to be properly magnetized and painted up.

Not like I've decided on a color scheme, but what's the worst that can happen? (Probably me losing :10bux:)

NOTE: If I have you marked as failed but you've actually completed, please link me to your completion post! I might have just missed it. I'll send out the list of bans in a couple days so enjoy your freedom before the hammer.

tallkidwithglasses fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 1, 2018

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Fake news.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I completely mine but all cameras within a ten square mile radius failed with the Y2K18 bug.

Prove me wrong, fuckers.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Let the record show that I only committed to painting a man and/or becoming competent. I feel I have taken baby steps toward the latter and I painted 12 mans and am very happy to have gotten back into the swing of things and look forward to more in 2018.

Finally, I refuse to accept whatever judgment this kangaroo court provides. The only judgment that holds sway over me is that of the Supreme. Inshallah I will not toxxfail in 2018.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sweet justice for the Betrayal at Skullapalooza.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
How do you field that Garviel Loken model?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Not only did I Toxx a Guilliman, I posted him last night

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
So what's this year's toxx?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
People have started painting them already with secret pre-release info. It's disgusting.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I’d like to point out I didn’t actually toxx because I was writing a thesis, so if you strike me down, I’ll become mire powerful than you can possibly imagine

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
:refurb:

2018 :toxx: challenge!

Competitors like me and including me will solemnly :toxx: to complete, before 2019, an allied detachment. You must, at minimum, build and paint: (1) an HQ choice, (2) a Troops choice, and (3) an additional Elites, Fast Attack, or Heavy Support choice, all in the same color scheme and composed such that they can form legal HQ/Troop/etc options in Warhammer Thirty Thousand The Horus Heresy.

-this poo poo can be from the same faction (even the same Legion) as your existing army, providing that there’s something visually and/or thematically distinctive about them. E.g., forums poster Safety Factor is doing Ravenwing to add to his Dark Angels.
-the Troops choice doesn’t have to be a standard Compulsory; you can take a Special Weapons Squad or Pride-Of-The-Legion Terminators or whatever.
-if you’re doing Talons, you need to satisfy the Troops requirement with something other than Custodes.

That’s basically it. I’m just the ideas dude, someone else can formalize this.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Beerdeer posted:

Not only did I Toxx a Guilliman, I posted him last night

You've been added to the post!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I hereby Toxx to complete an allied detachment of MECHANICUM to be comprised of a magos or arch-magos, a cohort of Thallax, and a Thanatar siege robit

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 2, 2018

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I'm :toxx:in for 2018! Not sure what I'm doing though!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sulecrist posted:

Competitors like me and including me will solemnly :toxx: to complete, before 2019, an allied detachment. You must, at minimum, build and paint: (1) an HQ choice, (2) a Troops choice, and (3) an additional Elites, Fast Attack, or Heavy Support choice, all in the same color scheme and composed such that they can form legal HQ/Troop/etc options in Warhammer Thirty Thousand The Horus Heresy.

-this poo poo can be from the same faction (even the same Legion) as your existing army, providing that there’s something visually and/or thematically distinctive about them. E.g., forums poster Safety Factor is doing Ravenwing to add to his Dark Angels.
-the Troops choice doesn’t have to be a standard Compulsory; you can take a Special Weapons Squad or Pride-Of-The-Legion Terminators or whatever.
-if you’re doing Talons, you need to satisfy the Troops requirement with something other than Custodes.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
:toxx: :20bux: :20bux: :10bux:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
:toxx:ing for 2018. Gonna paint... something. Maybe Dork Angels, maybe Word Bearers. Who knows?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

In for 2018

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Innnnn :toxx:

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

JUDGEMENT DAY HAS ARRIVED.

Uh oh, I knew I was forgetting something. Tell me, thread... Will I dream?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I’m in for the :toxx: is there a hard mode?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sulecrist posted:

:toxx:ed for 2018. Really looking forward to finally getting some Ravenwing units built and painted. I've been focusing on the Ironwing side of things for now, but they may as well be two different armies as there's so little overlap.

I barely squeaked in with my 2017 toxx, but that's mostly because I didn't order my glaive until November. I'll be more proactive this time around. :v:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'll probably do mechanicum.

Or not, and get banned, as is destined.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

:toxx: for Vlka Fenryka probably.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Before I decide whether or not to commit, will conversions suffice? Kinda want to do Red Butchers but don’t 100% love the models.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Before I decide whether or not to commit, will conversions suffice? Kinda want to do Red Butchers but don’t 100% love the models.

If the conversions are good, they’re good! (Incidentally, take a look at the Justaerin I just posted—a couple of them are converted plastic cataphractii with chains and brass etch and poo poo added.)

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

GreenMarine posted:

How about filling the entire allied force org?

Allied Detachment 2018
Solar Auxilia

Lord Marshal: artificer armour; power fist; iron halo; digital lasers; Cyber-familiar 140

10 Tactical Command Veteran Auxiliaries: Strategos; Proclaimator; Vexilarius; 7 Tactical Command Veteran Auxiliaries; 2 × plasma gun 130
Arvus Lighter Orbital Shuttle: flare/chaff launcher; illum flares; hull-mounted twin-linked autocannon 105

Auxilia Infantry Tercio
10 Veletarii: Prime; 9 Veletarii 115
Dracosan Armoured Transport: hull-mounted Demolisher cannon; flare shield 190

11 Servo-automata: Enginseer Adept (augury scanner; graviton gun); Enginseer Adept (graviton gun); Enginseer Adept (graviton gun); 8 Servo-automata; 8 × phased plasma-fusil 255

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter: wing-mounted twin-linked autocannon; 2 × 2 wing-mounted Kraken penetrator heavy missiles; battle servitor control; ground-tracking auguries 230

Malcador Infernus Special Weapons Tank: 2 sponson-mounted lascannon 285

1,450 points

I was pretty sure I was gonna do a Lightning anyway this year, so might as well do an elites choice and complete the chart. Leaning towards plasma servitors but I might do ogryn or quad mortars. Something along these lines though.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

A dumb thread on the internet's not going to hold you to 100% FW models or anything like that. If you want to convert, convert. :shobon:

Converting is kind of my only option for one of my planned units. It's going to be a tricked out jetbike command squad and they don't really make those. :v: I might wind up nixing it for time and going with a javelin or xiphon instead, but my intent is a standard jetbike squad, a praetor, and his command squad.

Allied Detachment 2018
Solar Auxilia

Lord Marshal: artificer armour; power fist; iron halo; digital lasers; Cyber-familiar 140

10 Tactical Command Veteran Auxiliaries: Strategos; Proclaimator; Vexilarius; 7 Tactical Command Veteran Auxiliaries; 2 × plasma gun 130
Arvus Lighter Orbital Shuttle: flare/chaff launcher; illum flares; hull-mounted twin-linked autocannon 105

Auxilia Infantry Tercio
10 Veletarii: Prime; 9 Veletarii 115
Dracosan Armoured Transport: hull-mounted Demolisher cannon; flare shield 190

11 Servo-automata: Enginseer Adept (augury scanner; graviton gun); Enginseer Adept (graviton gun); Enginseer Adept (graviton gun); 8 Servo-automata; 8 × phased plasma-fusil 255

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter: wing-mounted twin-linked autocannon; 2 × 2 wing-mounted Kraken penetrator heavy missiles; battle servitor control; ground-tracking auguries 230

Malcador Infernus Special Weapons Tank: 2 sponson-mounted lascannon 285

1,450 points
Not a single sword. 0/10

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:toxx: of 2018. Going to do some Iron Hands friends for my Emperor's Children. :evilbuddy:

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
drat, I don't even have a primary detachment completed.

Been meaning to get some Mechanicum models anyway.

GreenMarine posted:

Knights Questoris. 2017 toxx times at least 3.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.

Hencoe posted:

I go there for work late February for a week, should I bring some zone mortalis list(s) in a case?

post in the FBWargaming group I think we might be able to have a day or so