Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My years of watching Forensic Files have pretty much confirmed that the only reason anybody would take out a life insurance policy on someone is if they plan to kill them within the next six months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

If you kill the kid before then, sure

Ah, I'm still alive so I may still have a chance of figuring out what's going on with it. Super confused about what my mother did with it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sininu posted:

Can the parent take the life insurance money for themselves without the child knowing anything about it when they get 18?

Depends who the policy owner is. The owner of the policy can always cash in if they want.

So can the beneficiary, but it's a little messier.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

exquisite tea posted:

My years of watching Forensic Files have pretty much confirmed that the only reason anybody would take out a life insurance policy on someone is if they plan to kill them within the next six months.

If you wait seven months before killing them, is it less suspicious. Asking for a friend.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

1stGear posted:

If you wait seven months before killing them, is it less suspicious. Asking for a friend.

Anything within a year is gonna draw a looooooooot of attention. Wait two years and you'll be in the clear.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

Anything within a year is gonna draw a looooooooot of attention. Wait two years and you'll be in the clear.

Also don't do it 3 days before the beneficiary becomes old enough to draw on it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Funny Forums Quotes: How to Profit from Killing Your Children

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The good old way is of course to get a bunch of them to support you in your old age. Most will starve due to overpopulation and lack of infrastructure and depletion of resources but that'll mostly be after you're gone anyway #AfrIMeanAmericaOorah

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
This is not funny.

Tetracube posted:

for sale: baby kekistan flag, never flown

Laughed anyway.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

jfood posted:

that is not a rabbit hole you just casually fall into, unless you're looking for something casual with a rabbit's holes.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

1stGear posted:

Having Mei as your main would be even more suspicious.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sininu posted:

Can the parent take the life insurance money for themselves without the child knowing anything about it when they get 18?

No, they'll be of age and will have to sign approval and stuff.

IANAL, though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pangstrom posted:

Anyway, back to funny forum quotes.

b.. back?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

luke is definitely the protestant jedi to the prequel trilogy's catholics

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yeah, Luke was an essentially good guy and they were evil. It fits. And obviously Luke went bad when, like John Wilkes Booth, he converted to Catholicism later in life. And much like most Catholics have never read the Bible, Luke never read the ancient Jedi texts; underlining this is the fact that he is helpless until the Pope (Yoda), who he, as Catholic, worships instead of God, shows up and tells him what to do.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Well, about 2,000 years ago the Romans nailed a Jew to a piece of wood and poo poo got kind of wild

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

exquisite tea posted:

My work provides life insurance, I started the job 4 months ago and this seems to fit.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pirate Radar posted:

Well, about 2,000 years ago the Romans nailed a Jew to a piece of wood and poo poo got kind of wild

Sure, in hindsight it was a mistake

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Wibla posted:

Apropo navy... a young officer in the Royal Norwegian Navy failed his practical (boat) drivers test and got walloped by an oil tanker:

That'll buff right out!

Okay maybe not.

I'm sure the CO will have fun writing the loss/damage report for a USD $500 million frigate, heh.

canyoneer posted:

the crash looks like it tore off the ship's barcode too, so even if they had made it back into port they'd have no way to scandinavian.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Wheat Loaf has extremely bad and wrong opinions about Star Wars.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

Wheat Loaf has extremely bad and wrong opinions about Star Wars.
who gives a(n) poo poo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Randaconda posted:

IANAL, though.

So do I but what does that have to do with anything

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

The perfect post. It’s beautiful.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Well, unrelated to the discussion of popular sci-fi franchises, the "ITT We are Idiots Sabotaging Our Own Lives" thread in GBS has some pretty good content.

tater_salad posted:

I have watched a lot of soverign citizen videos and read a lot of blogs. I have swapped my licence plates with a document that says "I am Moorish, I do not Consent". I have relinquished my insurance, drivers licence and now carry stacks of paperwork indicating how wrong the police are.

I tend to always travel with my kids in the car so they can watch how smart I am in order to teach them how much smarter I am than the police officers who think they can arrest me when there is no crime committed without victims. The Police CAN NOT arrest me if there is no victim, I do not need to consent to provide my identification. I have paperwork that show the articles of confederation to show I'm being illegally detained. I am a traveler and it is against the constitution to prevent me from traveling if I am not participating in commerce. I will also fight the jurisdiction of the maritime court of corporations of which I will not accept any attempts to create joinder with someone who wants to arrest the corporation Tater_salad, as I am a representative of the corporation tater_salad"

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm in a loud noisy rock band and I don't care what the experts say, wearing earplugs when playing live at high volumes is for pussies. You gotta be able to feel the music, man. Now, can someone shut that loving alarm bell off? It's been ringing for days now.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

CannonFodder posted:

Having Mei as your main would be even more suspicious.

:toughguy:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Referring to an article claiming that driverless cars would lead to more car sex:

madeintaipei posted:

Have you ever had sex somewhere very uncomfortable?

spog posted:

In the rear end?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lil Peeler posted:

Imagine bringing a date home to your BUDK house filled with swords, skull tissue holders and Confederate flag drapes and bedspread

goatface posted:

The rohypnol will have kicked in by then.

Sorry, the "tactical dating assist chemical".

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Marcade posted:

Referring to an article claiming that driverless cars would lead to more car sex:

And the followup:

syscall girl posted:

Reminds me of this apocraphal story about a guy fresh out of the air force who thought cruise control equaled autopilot. Got in the back of his minivan and started drinking

Just picturing that guy but sex

Scathach posted:

I can not help but read that as butt sex. SA broke my brain.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Anybody not following the BUDK thread is seriously missing out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Randaconda posted:

No, they'll be of age and will have to sign approval and stuff.

IANAL, though.

Good plan, don't have to worry about kids or life insurance that way.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Every time McAfee locks up my work computer I like to imagine John is in there, snorting up all my CPU cycles.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Wtf is a budk is it where you go buy knives in budk after a bully shoved your nose in the locker?

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Karate Bastard posted:

Wtf is a budk is it where you go buy knives in budk after a bully shoved your nose in the locker?

It's a catalog with all the ~tacticool~ nonsense you could want. As far as I can tell, it just stands for Bud K.

E: You want a stupid "steampunk" knife? Free with any order.

darthbob88 has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Nov 14, 2018

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bird with big dick posted:

I told him that making the buttplug out of acrylic is no problem but in order to get enough interior space for the live goldfish to go in there he is either going to end up with an acrylic thickness that almost certainly isn’t safe or he’s going to end up with 10 cases of Chinese buttplugs that are only marketable to people with size 11 assholes.

But whatever, it’s his problem now.

e: sorry, wrong thread

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

dreadmojo posted:

Chinese butt plugs

I assume the person ordering the butt plugs was Toys for rear end Bum.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

jay z's sedan posted:

I don't know why more people decide to not get addicted at the start.

jay z's sedan posted:

You think you're smarter and stronger than me bag of heroin? Well lets see how you like being boiled alive in a dirty spoon....

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

You're making this sound entertaining almost.

I've been lurking opiate communites for a few years, and have known people irl addicted. It's truly the worst poo poo and so tragic.

But to me codeine always seemed like a 'safe' opiate, despite how knowing how false that is. It just never seemed as dangerous to me.

I've no intentions of getting hooked on opiates. Financially I'm way too uptight to buy more. My past experiences with speed addiction nearly killed me. So gently caress that.

Its totally cliche'd and every single person experimenting with opiates says the same poo poo "hurr durr I'm only going to try it once or twice".
But come hell or high water I'm not loving getting hooked on it.

Ive only tried treshhold doses. At the moment my urges to smoke weed are far higher than anything.
But.. the scary part is... suddenly that lil sample baggie of heroin I have doesn't seem so intimidating anymore.

I'll keep y'all updated if I do become an addict but don't hold your breath on it happening.
I am stronger than that.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm not an addict. Except for that time I was an addict and it ruined my life. But I'm stronger than that, and I'm also stronger than this bag of heroin.

Jesus Christ that's depressing

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Has anyone done a slideshow of dead goon’s posts like that set to that I will remember you song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Heath posted:

I'm not an addict. Except for that time I was an addict and it ruined my life. But I'm stronger than that, and I'm also stronger than this bag of heroin.

Jesus Christ that's depressing

It's just amazing how he spins "almost died of a previous drug addiction" into an argument why he is less likely to become addicted.

But it's not unique, every single "responsible drug user" story on SA goes like this:
I've always been super careful with drugs, so it is not a problem for me. Except yesterday I went on a huge bender and almost killed myself. Which is why going forward, I will always be super careful. No I don't have a problem, what are you talking about? I just said I'm being super careful, what more do you expect from me?