Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

bell jar posted:

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for not reacting to my MIL antics anymore?

quote:

The straw that broke the dam
What the hell kind of metaphor is this

DeeplyConcerned posted:

It's actually a very clever play on current events. as you may be aware, a transformer fire was recently reported at the Hoover dam. what was not as widely reported was the fact that I had temporarily re-purposed that transformer for an experiment. you see, I recently came into possession of a large quantity of marijuana. So much marijuana, in fact, that my current smoking apparatus was hardly up to the task. taking inspiration from the idea of the gravity bong, I traveled to Nevada with my stash, intent on setting up a larger version using the gravity from the water held back by the dam to produce a much larger cloud of smoke than the traditional version, which makes use of a 2 liter bottle or bucket as I understand it.

having the gravity part of the equation worked out, I was stumped. how was I supposed to ignite this large bale of weed I brought with me in order to make use of the gravity from the dam? you may have guessed at this point where the story is headed. The transformer would produce a significant enough amount of electricity to ignite the weed, but I wanted to get a really good fire going before letting rip. I decided upon gathering up various dried brush from the surrounding area, packing the transformer with it, and then laying the layer of weed on top.

It worked! now that I had the fire going well and the bowl (A repurposed oil drum I drilled a few holes into) was cherried, i took my hit.

it was glorious. In fact, when I awoke I was surrounded in a haze of smoke. the weed had been totally vaporized, leaving nothing but a smoldering stack of sticks on top of the transformer.

I of course fled the scene, keeping close tabs on the news, still paranoid that my plan would land me in serious hot water with the government. astoundingly, my hijinks remain undiscovered to this day.

imagine my relief when I read the headline: "The straw that broke the Dam!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Outrail posted:

JFC throw every single thing involved in that story into a volcano, including the author, god and the oven. What a tedious bunch of assholes.

E: and the stream and the tree and the walls. Especially the walls.

idk if i would openly advocate incinerating jewish people, personally

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Please poast quotes, stop making GBS threads on religions. This ain't the thread.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

idk if i would openly advocate incinerating jewish people, personally
The biblically acceptable approach is drowning or meteors.

E: I'm trying to delete it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Splicer posted:

The biblically acceptable approach is drowning or meteors.

E: I'm trying to delete it

you don't gotta hand it to god

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:coupons: COUPONS: I need a cheap way to kill Hulk Hogan :coupons:

Antonio Inoki posted:

I would like to stomp on his face like I did in the 1970s. I am hoping YOU coupons geniuses can help me! Lay it on me, Doctor Eldarion!

Here's a picture of me kicking Hulk Hogan's rear end.

Thanks goons.

DAAAAAAAAA!

Dr. Eldarion posted:

How about I stomp you instead? HUH?! HUH?!?!

Antonio Inoki posted:

BRING IT!!!!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is this Coupons and Deals Open RP?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Don't mess with Coupons mods if they're willing to go toe to toe with Inoki. I can't find good footage of it, but Inoki vs. Great Antonio is one of the worst shoot fights I've seen in wrestling (in that Antonio gets the absolute poo poo beaten out of him).

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Milo and POTUS posted:

It ain't gonna emancipate itself

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nancy posted:

Honestly even if it was a super quick flip then NTA.

Life is too short to spend it in Ohio & the parents should be happy their kid & his family got out.

edit: also something with strings isn't a "gift." It can be a bribe, purchase, manipulation, trade, blackmail, etc. etc. but it isn't a gift.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"Favour sharking" is a thing where someone does something for you unasked to create an obligation on your part. The parents were gift sharking.

Jam With Seeds posted:

Here's a house do do do do dodo
Take this house do do do do dodo
Never leave do do do do dodo
You betrayed me do do do do dodo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Barudak posted:

You're not making Harry Potter better, you're just making Minions worse

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Splicer posted:

Yes but also it's a podcast

It is, in fact, a very good podcast. I'm just sad they didn't continue onto other holy books.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
not a funny post, but I want you all to enjoy the 7 wonderful pages of devmd01 posts about his journey with Pongo, his rescue dog.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3553037&userid=93641

he is giving Pongo his best life.

devmd01 posted:

He may start out sleeping on the comfy couch in the basement but he almost always ends up sleeping under our bed. :3:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

exquisite tea posted:

Give Velma a fatality.

Ariong posted:

She already calls the cops on people.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Das Boo posted:

But a videogame achievement isn't as good as a scrunchie business.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sigh, I love losing my place in threads trying to find the context. Good quote though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sigh, I love losing my place in threads trying to find the context. Good quote though
now THERE'S a tech suggestion, having quotes have a little thing indicating what thread they link to. probably impossible with RadiumCode™ but is still a good idea

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's much easier for links to quotes to not change the last unread post.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rotor posted:

reminder: yospos coat of arms

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm losing it trying to imagine how you'd write "socially-inept bear carrying printer for a girl" in the weird language they use for heraldry

big scary monsters posted:

Or, a bear rampant affronty Sable armed langued Gules holding aloft an HP Deskjet Sable a hug lacking.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Dost thou touch grass?

Those are not our words.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's going to be 90/32 and sweltering humidity today and the AC is broken. Landlord like "uhhhhhhhhh maybe we can get a guy in today." Tried everything I know to work but the fucker still won't come on, I'm at the point I need a pro. Worst. Friday. Ever.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

One of the less appreciated consequences of climate change is that we're going to see more and more users using the HOT tag.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lmao I saw that he’d lost the avatar of the watermelon bird and assumed he’d got it blanked from something gross

but no, it was that autoban that did it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Sometimes I love the jank of this forum.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I love accidental HOT autobans on posts about the weather or BBQing or something

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Personally I would use my power to always be one exchange ahead in conversations, replying to the question that they were going to ask next.

But I would never use it to solve crimes

Marcade posted:

Would you use it to solve crimes?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Man, it’s like 130 degrees all the time now. But you finally hacked your way past all these annoying people holding you back. You have evolved past all these peasants. Who is god to stop you now? This is life without the resistance of the human race, slowing down time and enjoying and savoring things. You are important, you have something to do, you are special, hell we all are, but you wanted to end people to get there. And free will is real, so now it’s just you and the sun. You’ve parsed all that annoying language and humanity out of your repertoire and now it’s just a simple sun for you without the interference from life. Not stopping you, not holding you back, that’s just work for people, and part of free will is not conscripting people to any effort for those who have already committed to an end. Now it is their personal end, nobody is stopping them, and the program is satisfied. Pure light, pure consciousness, pure pain, no biological resistance. No ego death, just the literal interpretation of their desires and goals, which is being the only person in the world and ruling it all.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

It’s ClemdestineBoyster so I can’t tell if it’s part of the gimmick. :shrug:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:justass: What the gently caress Happened to the ''Post Here To Be Banned' Thread? :justass:

Cyrai posted:

What's a guy to do if he wants to be banned, Lowtax? You ever think of that? Of course not, you don't loving care about any of us. Goons with Spoons is the only forum that's worth the time I've spent, and I've barely spent any time there. gently caress this place. I'm outta here. Anyone with me?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Railing Kill posted:

Who the gently caress is that guy on the left? Am I supposed to memorize the faces of every insufferable sex pest dipshit in the media? Is there going to be a quiz later?

Also: lol at the idea of Louis C.K. for getting cancelled for anything he said. I'm not sure where sexually assaulting Sarah Silverman is covered in the First Amendment., but I'm sure Mr. Punisher logo here can show us.

The Anime Liker posted:

The other CK is American Sniper Chris Kyle

Famously cancelled by the left

kazil posted:

I thought he was cancelled by that guy at the gun range

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ultrafilter posted:

It's much easier for links to quotes to not change the last unread post.

I thought this was already implemented?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It looks like they tried but it doesn't work. Clicking on the links in the post below marked the thread as read for me even after I verified it wasn't before I opened it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It's supposed to be, drop a thread in the qcs tech forum if it's not working.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Kingo Ligma posted:

Stop hanging out with youth pastors

*sits down on a backwards facing chair* Now I know that you kids have been reading all about the Conquest of Bread, but have you been reading about the One who Rose from the Dead? That's right, I'm talking about our saviour Jesus Christ.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dikkfor posted:

*sits down on a backwards facing chair* Now I know that you kids have been reading all about the Conquest of Bread, but have you been reading about the One who Rose from the Dead? That's right, I'm talking about our saviour Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ used a little-known glitch called being the Son of God to speedrun the Conquest of Bread. He's got the top score at the Fish% category.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am sure that “Jesus did a segmented run” is heresy, but I couldn’t say which heresy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Somewhere earlier in this thread there’s a whole collection of quotes describing a glitched speedrun of the life of Jesus and it’s :discourse:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah, something like "now we are just going to advance time three days which seems weird but it resets the death flag"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Here ye be

Happy Thread posted:

The current fastest-moving thread on the forums just had a derail that was brief, yet of biblical proportions:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bless you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I still giggle at "coming up, you can see why we picked 'secondborn' at character creation"

Related:

Internet Janitor posted:

the salt keeps the extent of the transubstantiation confined to the bread, just like a ring of salt traps a summoned demon; otherwise it'd be like ice-9 but jesus

Grace Baiting posted:

*in hushed tones*  the christ-9 scenario