Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Nebakenezzer posted:

Are we talking about radon or radium here?

Radium is the one your body mistakes for calcium.

Icon Of Sin posted:

radium was also mistaken for a competent website developer at one point :dadjoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's so insane to me that people would willingly be burned. it is never worth it.

Captain Hygiene posted:

And yet, you continue to post on here

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

:piss:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:sbahj:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sticksy posted:

What league is that?

pik_d posted:

Out of yours

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Holy poo poo lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Goddamn, that's a stone-cold murder right there.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Breetai posted:

I'm left in constant awe at how generally good a community SA is given the absolute state of the trash that metastasized from us.

FFT posted:

barriers to entry aren't inherently bad

turns out that over time ten bucks worked out somewhat

Greatbacon posted:

Mods willing to ban users also helps. Keep the garden weeded so to speak.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

These two together is what stops the :frogout: reregs from posting. Turns out Lowtax' quest for a cookie making machine accidentally created the only self improving social media there ever was

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nobody ever faulted lowtax for his ability to turn other peoples money into cookies. Hell, it's arguably his most likable quality at this point

Cocaine Bear posted:

He had a lot of misses, but his aim eventually improved..

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Marcade posted:

The forums dodged a bullet there, unlike Lowtax.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

uber_stoat posted:

happy meal

stereobreadsticks posted:

I hate it when I find bugs in my food.

Captain Hygiene posted:

MCDONALD'S ISN'T FOOD!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Nighthand posted:

The constant and easily-weaponized in-fighting on the left is never not going to be darkly funny to me. Everyone has to out-woke everyone else and point out every possible little flaw while the ravenous army of hate masses on their doorstep and they blow their chances to do anything about it.

This goon has successfully and succinctly written what I think, in the left and on SA in general too, and I've never been able to articulate it so well. I don't find it funny as much as aggravating af tho.

Thank you Nighthand

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Spinz posted:

This goon has successfully and succinctly written what I think, in the left and on SA in general too, and I've never been able to articulate it so well. I don't find it funny as much as aggravating af tho.

Thank you Nighthand

not quite the same but a buddy recognized the end of Occupy Wall Street when an interviewee said that leadership wasn't talking their concerns seriously and they were going create a separate (iirc) lesbian Native Occupy movement. I might be badly misremembering the specifics but it was clearly going to balkanize.

(if anybody can find that moment in the Occupy thread I'd be grateful. it was sort of a defining political realization for him.)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kwyndig posted:

You can only break your dick by applying sufficient single direction force on the erect penis. Someone hits you in the dick, it just gets bruised and you can't use it for a day or two. Somebody hits while you've got a boner, yes you can break your dick and it takes weeks to recover.

It used to be worse. Humans evolved out of penis bones (bacula) and there are several theories floating around in the scientific community why. My favorite one is that early hominids kept kicking each other in the dick so the bacula got smaller and eventually just vanished completely.

Brawnfire posted:

It lasted until the first prehistoric family reunion when the cousins started a touch football game, and subsequently an entire family of males mutually destroyed their dickbones

Jedit posted:

Dickbones! Meet the Dickbones! They're the modern Bone Age family!
From the town of Bonecock, they're a page right out of history!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LMAO

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Speaking of dunkin' on the taxman, it's not a quote per se but I'm a massive fan of the name of a goon Facebook group which is something like "RIP lowtax, if only you'd married your alcoholism you might have beaten it".

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Breetai posted:

Speaking of dunkin' on the taxman, it's not a quote per se but I'm a massive fan of the name of a goon Facebook group which is something like "RIP lowtax, if only you'd married your alcoholism you might have beaten it".

what is "Facebook"?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a miserable pile of secrets

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

GPTribefan posted:

Still didn’t plunge as fast as his company’s chance of recovery

Voyager I posted:

Nobody told him the Golden Parachute was metaphorical.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hempuli posted:

I drew a random tiny comic:

trapped mouse posted:

you're telling me a goon fried this rich

Captain Hygiene posted:

His name was Lowtax

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Sear Richard,

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So that's why they call it a white wedding.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

pro starcraft loser posted:

Where in hell is that

Empty Sandwich posted:

thinking the answer might be in the question
(for those that only know Celsius 123 is 50 degrees celcius)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:actually: The SA Forums moderation feedback thread! :actually:

buttplug posted:

Sometimes I feel that many people in the forums get away with being complete and utter trolls, whereas some people (oh I dunno, like myself) get singled out for a lot of poo poo because I've become a household name on the forums.

The mods definitely like to play favorites. Admittedly, most of them are very very cool people, good posters, and it's quite clear why they're mods. There are, however, one or two raging thundercunts running about that just loooove singling out the same people over and over. I don't mind being probated or banned because of something I that I knew was blatantly inflammatory, but I loving detest and despise with every ounce of my being being banned/probated for something completely of opinion, subjective, or highly controversial while attempting to have a semi-intelligent discussion about it, simply because a mod has a bug up their rear end about the subject in particular.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

EorayMel posted:

:actually: The SA Forums moderation feedback thread! :actually:

Lol

From further down the thread

n3rd posted:

I'm not sure how to deal with it but 50% of the replies in a GBS thread are either "omg 55555" type replies or "this/what he said" or an attempt at a witty one liner.

Please be more aggressive in gassing pointless threads ("Why am I Farting so much" comes to mind...). Back in the day a stupid newbie post would sometimes turn into some great mockery but now it's just a time waster for everyone involved.

Take another look at Goonerocity and re-define it to include more than just $. To me the guy who posted the "write me a poem about dinosaurs for my class" thread today was going way too far. Asking for assistance is one thing but "do my homework please" is totally bunk. I'm pretty iffy on "help me with my survey" too but I know others will disagree.

Consider *why* a poster is asking for help. Is it because Goons can actually help or is it just because we're a huge messageboard and *someone* will respond?

The low signal to noise ratio and aggressive but fair moderation is what makes SA great and it's been getting really noisy over the last few months. I think it's time for another round of Ban Hammer and maybe some Probation Mallet to remind people.

Wanna read about why that guy was farting so much. Was it the cheese guy?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dixville posted:

Lol

This person sounds like fun. :kiddo:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Good ol' gbs 1.0, who was modding at that point anyway? I disremember

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Dixville posted:

Wanna read about why that guy was farting so much.

quote:

low signal to noise ratio

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dixville posted:

Lol

I wonder where cheese guy is today

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dixville posted:

Good ol' gbs 1.0, who was modding at that point anyway? I disremember

Fistgrrrl was a major one, and the one who executed that ban. I think this was pre-abe?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

ChubbyChecker posted:

what is "Facebook"?
A heavily monetized OSINT honeypot.

As opposed to this here lightly monetized honeypot.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wizard Master posted:

You only have one family. My parents are long dead and I miss them so.

Who What Now posted:

I'm going to assume they died from reading your posts

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

FMguru posted:

so youre a...pdf-phile?

echinopsis posted:

he’s actually an epubifile it’s a subtle difference

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
accusing people of pedo-file-ia is a bannable offense isn't it???

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

This tickles me so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

it took twelve thousand years, but agriculture was finally worth it when we invented video games