Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Alaois posted:

i guess i might as well post it here because i was the one who originally brought it up when this whole thing started but Ed Piskor apparently killed himself.

https://twitter.com/CTropes/status/1774891424364040250

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

crankybastard posted:

*taps nads*
*tips fedora*
"M'qauqe"

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Again, those cows are clearly brown and not red

Fried Watermelon posted:

when Israelis see brown they see red

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Veotax posted:

Pokémon was literally the highest-grossing media franchise in the world, last I heard, so yeah, merch is where most of the money comes from.

Veotax posted:

lol, aircraft livery sales

Worf posted:

irl microtransactions

Paying2Lurk posted:

Plane armor.

RBA Starblade posted:

Jet fuel is not very effective against steel beams

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's not even his final form.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Am I the only one that saw Temple Institute and some cows and thought this was some sort of organization Temple Grandin started and that kid was like the new autistic messiah

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

D-Pad posted:

Am I the only one that saw Temple Institute and some cows and thought this was some sort of organization Temple Grandin started and that kid was like the new autistic messiah

yes

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The EU would be immeasurably better if it conducted all business in Latin.

Lord Stimperor posted:

spreadsheets would be a lot more fun in roman numerals

NihilCredo posted:

"+" being overloaded for both addition and string concatenation would almost make sense

Tesseraction posted:

VENI SIXFIVEHUNDREDANDONE SIXONEHUNDREDANDONE

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Why?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

intrigued and happy to retract and revise that to a no

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

The junk collector posted:

Black Rifle Coffee will never not be hilarious.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I like my guns like I like my coffee, in my mouth while I cry every morning

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

:vince:

God drat!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Holy poo poo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:boom:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Sending this to all the classics majors I know who then went on to be accountants.

It's a surprisingly large group of people.

I am neither a classics major nor an accountant.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How's the monster going to get a job now?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

lope

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I was guessing "Penelope" but canonically her name is Elizabeth

The tattoo was probably installed before the torso got recycled. The upper torso? Just noticing the stitching is staples are just below the collarbones that's a weird way to do it.

It's probably 𝓗𝓸𝓹𝓮 but all the proportions are off

stringless has a new favorite as of 09:32 on Apr 6, 2024

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

-=F R O N T A L L O B E=-

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lipe
Lope
Lauph

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

steinrokkan posted:

Lipe
Lope
Lauph

Lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Pen. Elope
killed your wife

do not trust her

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hidden messages on his body made from patchwork tattoos

ed: and a MAD Magazine style fold-in on his back

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

"What, me trust the skull?"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
so the other guy says, "no, my tattoo says 'welcome to Jamaica, a nice place to elope'"

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Empty Sandwich posted:

so the other guy says, "no, my tattoo says 'welcome to Jamaica, a nice place to elope'"

:awesome:

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Empty Sandwich posted:

:eyepop:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Al Jamaica, with the curl on the J

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

No, Al says, she came of her own accord

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

There once was a bunch of hicks
Who lamented their broken dicks
They spend all their time
Whining online
Screaming "1776!"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Toxic Mental posted:

The Implications

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Lobok posted:

Hey guys, it's your boy Lobok back again. Before I get to today's post you know what you gotta do. You know what you wanna do. That's right. Tap that grenade button and smash that subscribe button. Really helps me out, keeps the mods off my back, amirite? And it means you won't ever miss any of my serious and delirious content. Did you tap and smash? I a-thank you, good sirs. But hey, looks like that's all for today's post. Be sure to check out my other post from today, quoted down below. Boksters, keep it real. Later!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Where are his socials I can't find his socials

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Goons, famously proficient at the tap and smash

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Outrail posted:

Goons, famously proficient at the tap and smash

Been talking to your mother, I see.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

John Grey - Banal Detective

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:pumped: Cast from the Swoletopia. All you had to do was eat more food and post "ate the food today," and you somehow failed. If my Toxx was "eat more food," I would weigh loving 250lbs by June. How the gently caress do you not solve your problem when it is solved by eating some goddamn pizza?

Come back when you weigh at least 1 'dinger. :pumped:

lite_sleepr posted:

I am a waste of height at 6'3'' (1.9m) and 165lbs (~70kg). I'm a literal bean pole that looks like I should be a 14 year old Thai girl. I have a flat, non-masculine chest, skinny arms, and when I wear shorts I look like I'm riding a chicken. I have an intermediate knowledge of exercise and basic nutrition experience, but even applying that know-how I've never gained any significant muscle mass. I hope to validate what I do know about fitness, learn how to put on visible muscle mass, and dispel a pretty common myth about skinny fuckers gaining muscle.

I'm not trying to become Herculean, although my maximum weight for my height is 220lbs (99kg) so I could if I wanted to! What I want to achieve is simple: I want to look like I could stand up to a strong gust of wind, fill out my decent wardrobe, and also posses strength I think a husband and father should posses. After all, my kid might beat my rear end when he reaches his teens! Being able to fill out shirts and not have my arms mistaken as errant fabric threads would be nice, and possessing trapezius muscles that would help shrink the appearance of my gargantuan neck and head are also big plusses.

I'm confident the key to all this, aside from getting a workout program and sticking to it is eating, eating, and eating more. Not eating a whole pizza because "EATING LOTS OF poo poo PACKS OF MUSCLE!" There is no nutrition in that and I realize there is no biological pathway for fat tissue to convert to muscle tissue. That is not how muscle growth works. I can eat good lean proteins and take ONE simple whey protein supplement, and eat veggies for vitamins and good soluble fiber. Doing that should help me build muscle mass for noticeable gains, correct?

Despite knowing this and having an fully stocked gym at my disposal (being military and all), I've still never been able to add inches to my chest or arms because of that lingering, demotivating myth that ectomorphic (skinny fuckers) cannot gain muscle tissue because we are not genetically predisposed to do so. That is my biggest hang up on working out because it seems to be justified since I haven't gained any noticeable muscle mass. I've been called by some of my more muscle headed co-workers as a 'hard gainer', meaning while it is very possible for me to get bigger, because of my genes it is going to be harder. While I might not get as swole as them, I can become strong as a bull which would be fine with me.

If I were to post a workout regime that I think would work well for me in this thread, would I be able to get feedback from gym bunnies that know more than me? All I'm looking to do is gain muscle mass so I don't look like I just walked out of Dachau. Thanks, and I apologize for this short essay, but I'm taking Writing 101 so I figured, why the hell not!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754814&pagenumber=657&perpage=40&userid=0#post538807167

Koos Group posted:

Welcome back, everyone. The thread now has Esran, Irony Be My Shield, and punishedkissinger as IKs. Hopefully this, along with having a couple users removed, will improve the things significantly. As always, please be clear and honest in how you argue, treat other users with respect, and ensure the points you make are as original and rigorous as possible so that they're interesting for everyone else to read.

Esran posted:

Thanks, but I don't think I want to be IK'ing this thread. Is it normal to appoint people IK without asking first?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Humor coming out of D&D, incredible