Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Anne Frank posted:

I posted this earlier but I have a couple revisions that might help.

Probably late 80's/early 90's sci-fi thriller where the crew of a space station is mysteriously dying off. The twist ending is that they never left earth and it was just an experiment in an underground bunker. Nobody stopped them from killing each other because all the technicians are dead, and the entire world has been destroyed by nuclear war. I think that the computer was killing them off, and it was only at the end that they started being suspicious of one another. It ends with a man and a woman standing together outdoors and you can see that the city has been destroyed by a nuclear apocalypse.

I'm pretty sure that we rented this from a video store but I guess it could have been on television. I'm going to start checking the plot descriptions of episodes from the Outer Limits because this is really bothering me that I can't figure this out.

I think that was an Outer Limits or Twilight Zone episode.
Though I could be wrong, I seem to remember an alien race being involved in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

A friend suggested a movie for me to watch today. Being a forgetful bastard he gave me just enough details that it sounded pretty awesome, but not nearly enough that I could possibly find it. Bare in mind that we're in England, the only way he could have got to see this is on TV or :files: from the net. No Japanese horror film festivals here.

Heres the clues he gave me
-Japanese (This could mean Asian, but I give him the benefit of the doubt here)
-He described it as a Japanese version of [Rec]
-First 30 mins in Black and white
-May or may not have some chestbuster style monster

I wish I had more to go on. All I could find was a Japanese REC sequel and that could be it but I don't think its out yet and I can't really check cause I can't read Japanese.

Sounds like a mish mash of Tetsuo and Tetsuo 2 to me.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 26, 2009

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
This 20 second clip I saw as a kid in the mid 80s was of a possible conan or nuclear holocaust style film.
Basically a woman (not sure, think it was) is hanging upside down tied to a rope. Below her is a spike pit and the rope is set on fire. Not sure if this is a test for her to get out of, or an execution, but she fails and falls into the pit. Theres also a group of people standing arouns watching this.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Probably have asked this here before long ago, but didnt get it identifed.
I think it was an Outer Limits but could have been a made for TV film back in the 70s or early 80s.
It was in a tropical place, constantly sunny and no clouds. And three people enter a cave for some reason, and when they come out they find out that everyone has been turned to white dust/ash. And they realise that the sun 'pulsed' and killed everyone.
Only other thing I remember is that they wore primary color one piece boiler suits and some of them who remained outside ended up with the suit laid out comical on the ground spread eagled and with the white dust at each opening.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

zombieman posted:

Where Have All The People Gone?:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072400/

Aw man, thats like 90% of my memory, but I swear I remember the sun doing its poo poo again and them all dying at the end, and there was all-in-one primary boiler suits some were wearing. That could be it, I could be mixing up two different shows.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Discospawn posted:

A lesser fit, but it could also be Night of the Comet (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/)

Thanks, looks drat interesting, will be watching this too.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Have two here:

First one, a horror.
Probably an Amityville version, but its a house horror movie where a mother meets her daughter at the front door, but the daughter is all wet and doesn't respond.
The daughter walks silently passed the mother, upstairs, and into a room.
Then the mother hears of some commotion outside, looks out and theres a lake beside the house and theres a few at the edge pulling out someone.
Turns out its the daughter.

Second, an 80s Barbarian movie.
I have little recollection of this, but it involves someone being tied upside down above a pit of stakes.
Then the rope is set on fire and they struggle to get out.
The first person fails it, and you see them in the pit stakes sticking through them.
The second one manages to escape, I forget how.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

Is the second one "the Barbarians" from 1987?

Nah, its not as comical as Barbarians, its more gory from what I remember.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Heem posted:

This is Amityville 3-D.

Brilliant, thanks.
That scene was really unnerving first I saw it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

fletcher posted:

Looking for a movie where there's a scene of somebody alone in a bathroom staring into the mirror and then shaving their head. I feel like this scene has been in a bunch of different movies I'm just blanking on them.

Male or Female?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pyBB7y8fDU
Royal Tenenbaum's springs immediately into mind.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

computer parts posted:

Kenyan(?) movie about a guy going to the big city and getting hosed over. Climax is him running away while all of his friends get gunned down by cops, and then he delivers a soliloquy in a play that he's part of.

City of God maybe?
Brazilian movie though, there is a cop shoot out at the end and the main guy gives a speech at the end.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
In the Shadow of Kilimanjaro?

You can check it out here: http://www.chillertv.com/friday13/13-amazing-horror-movies-starring-monkeys

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm looking for a film I studied once, a french film from the 80s or early 90s, about teenage criminals living in the inner city, notably a young couple who committed robberies of some kind together I think. They had a couple of friends too. They were all very close and had baths together. One of their robberies got out of hand and lead to some kind of rift in the group. Not much to go on I know but would like to see it again.

La Haine?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Sir Nose posted:

This is GHOST STORY from 1981.

Fred Astaire was in a loving horror movie!
Haha excellent, have to watch this now.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Girl turning at the end is VHS I think.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ape Agitator posted:

I think there's Re Animator, Hellbound, and maybe Prince of Darkness there too

No Prince of Darkness, if you mean the woman being pulled through the door. That's not it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Boz0r posted:

I think I recall a movie or TV Show where some guys are having a meeting, and when the meeting is done, the camera zooms out, revealing that the captain or whatever is sitting in a bathtub, or on the toilet or something. Is this from anything?

Someone already mentioned Hitchhikers Guide, so it could be that.
However it could be the UK TV series, as when they crash on the planet there is a scene where they are having a meeting, with the captain in the bath.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Red posted:

There was a movie in the 80s where the driver or a crew member on an ambulance was a zombie or freaky weird type guy.

For the longest time, I assumed this was Cannonball Run, but looking at the pictures, it definitely wasn't Jack Elam.

Any ideas?

Could it be the original Lars Von Trier's The Kingdom?
That has a ghost ambulance driver, I think you get to see him once in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpiIKUT7QxY&t=153s - For a clip of it, cant find where you see the guy inside.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

du -hast posted:

Also this movie is very bad. Its just terrible.

I still chuckle every time I think of this movie.

"We need a serial killer with a twist, something not seen before. To scare the viewers. I KNOW!
How about a guy who drowns women, paints them white, raises himself 5ft above them via body hooks, and then jacks off!"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Origami Dali posted:

Different movie, mang

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's a good movie and everything within it makes sense.

haha poo poo, indeed, I thought it was the Jennifer Lopez one.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Vier posted:

Super vague but it was over 15 years since I saw it, a movie in which 'someone' takes a radio to a radio expert hiding in a room accessible by opening a secret door using a coat hook. Could have been set around WW2, it was not the movie starting Robin Williams.
There may also have been the line "don't call me brother"

Any ideas?

Prob not it but there is a scene in Book of Eli where he takes a radio to be fixed to a merchant.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

And More posted:

Maybe you could help me with another movie I've been trying to find. I saw this one in the 90s. It's probably from the 50s, and I believe it's in black and white. I remember a scene inside some sort mill or clock tower. A bunch of men are chasing a blind woman. They're stumbling around on a staircase in the dark while she is just standing there and listening.

At first I thought it might be Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn, but that mostly takes place in her apartment.

The Ladykillers?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Probably a very easy one, but I don't know what to search for exactly as I can't remember the actresses name.

A 1990s vampire movie in black and white, where people are the party and out of the blue the vampires in the group just go loving apeshit and suck the blood of the rest.
The lead actress is in a lot of 90s films, I know her face, but for the life of me can not remember her name or any famous movies shes in.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Ah perfect!
Thank you.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I think this starred a black rapper and early 90s but not sure.
Guy gets taken out into the woods on a hunting trip by his work mates, and finds out he is the one being hunted.
And instead of legging it he doubles back and starts killing them all one by one.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

sponges posted:

Surviving the Game

loving perfect, thank you.
I don't remember Rutger Hauer and Gary Busey in it, so added bonus!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Katt posted:

Help me find the name of a UK actor.

I think he's Irish. Sort of mangy looking/thin. He played the lead role in a bunch of movies in the mid 90s possibly late 80s where it's Ireland and the whole IRA thing and poo poo is always hosed and he's just running around trying to get by. He's not a hero or anything but he's still the main character.

I can't even be sure what the movies are a about but he did a bunch of them and he's always playing a sort of good guy but a very ordinary guy and just not very capable.

The guy looks really mangy. Probably in his mid 40s to early 50s.

David Thewlis in Divorcing Jack?

Pointless Trivia, I lived a few houses down from where this film was made back then in 98.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

SimonCat posted:

Thanks! I saw it once in a motel in South Dakota in like 1986. Been wondering about it for a long time!

Its also a Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode.
Worth watching

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Cross-posting from TVIV. Not a movie and I think UK-centric but you never know:

Been trying to remember/find the name of a kids programme I watched around the mid-80s, but am struggling, partly due to the lack of details I can recollect. It was on either Children's BBC or the ITV equivalent, and I remember it was one of my go-to shows for a while along with Mysterious Cities of Gold.

It was live action, and was about some kids who had an old bus or something similar in a workshop/garage type place and I think the overarching plot of the series was their efforts to get the thing working. There may have been something special about it, like it could fly or something, or it had some sentimental significance. I also remember a rousing "come on, let's get this poo poo done" scene, leading to progress and possibly accompanied by a song.

Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5hMNnXgH34

This?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

nerdman42 posted:

Here's one that I thought was the 1999 Mummy, but now that I've seen the Mummy that clearly isn't the case.

Egyptian Mummy style adventure story, it ends with the characters appearing back in the normal world after beating the bad guy. The implication seemed to be that the heroes traveled in time before the curse of the Mummy was unleashed in the first place, Jumanji style. They then visited and advised the people who discovered mummies and such in real life, implying that those discoveries were thanks to the heroes. Is this in another Mummy film that I misunderstood, or is this a different action film entirely?

Sounds like that extended episode of Stargate SG1 when Baal goes back in time to me.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

canepazzo posted:

Help me remember this movie:

It's the classic concept of "people stuck in a room find out they're actually in the afterlife"; I think it was from the 80s or 90s, it's set during one of the world wars, and for some reason they get to choose one of them to get back to life, while everyone else moves on; I remember one of the characters being a civilian, another the stereotypical snobby/rear end in a top hat english officer. It might have been an episode of a serial but I think it was a full movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038733/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_84

A Matter of Life and Death?

Edit: Ah, 80s/90s, missed that one. Still. This may be the original movie.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 20, 2018

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
For a friend here.

He remembers an old man (white or grey hair) saying his name was 'Edith'. Another character is surprised by this name and asks him to confirm it. And he does.

Sorry, he can't remember anything else.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

SimonCat posted:

Ghost Dad, Sir Ed-ith Moser.

Thanks!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

canepazzo posted:

Crime movie, also 80s/90s; sort of a modern Bonnie and Clyde remake but the protagonists are in their early twenties. I remember the father of "Bonnie" is also the sheriff that is chasing them through their killing spree, thinking his daughter is being plagiarized by "Clyde".

Natural Born Killers?
Not sure, long time since I saw it, but the father of Julette Lewis is in it, not sure if hes a cop

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
I think its a black and white cowboy movie.
The good guys are on a boat, that gets attacked by Indians a few times.
And there is one part at night where they have to muffle the oars with clothing so they can sneak past a base or somewhere close to the Indians.

Edit: Found it, Big Sky with Kirk Douglas.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 19, 2018

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Freakazoid_ posted:

Half-rekindled memory of two people trapped in a pit with spikes slowly jutting out of the walls. Probably an 80's movie, I want to say one of them dies but the other managed to slip between the spikes and crawls out. The spikes moving instead of the walls is the part I remember most.

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone?
It had a Running Man type segment with spikes and traps where the first got killed and the next survived.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

ErIog posted:

I'm looking for a movie.

It was on Sci-fi channel in the 90's. I remember it being fairly boring, but had some interesting moments. 3-4 characters were trapped in some kind of giant mansion with no one else there. I think at some point they find out it's purgatory, but it's unclear. The through-line is they're all there in this mansion, and they're trying to figure out why they're there. They're all strangers. Its not like Saw, though. It's more like Cube, but if nothing interesting

I think I remember that one, its main star reminds me of Michelle Rodrigez but isn't.
Dammit, this is going to annoy me now.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Flavor Truck posted:

There's some weird horror movie from the 80s I can't remember the name of. It's about a platoon of soldiers somewhere in the jungle(?) maybe Vietnam war era. There's some sort of alien snake or tendril in the muddy water that leaps out and injures or kills one of the soldiers. There's another scene in the same movie where another soldier, I think a black guy, starts repeating some sort of nonsense word over and over like he's crying, then he runs into the paddy and disappears. Seconds later there's an explosion like he stepped on a landmine or something. I can't for the life of me remember what it's called but I remember seeing those scenes as a kid and the memory stuck with me.

There's an asian horror called R Point about a group of soldiers sent to investigate a repeating distress call.
Not sure if this it the one you mean, don't remember a tendril thing in it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWi0rzL-BZc

From their music video too of Hey You

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Mae West 'She Done Him Wrong'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dgYqkNCZ1Y

Turned it into a song I think as its getting hits for that.

I'm getting a Child's Play/Gremlins feel for the scene you are after though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Food fight?