Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don't suppose anyone here collects the Titan Vinyl Breaking Bad or X-Files sets? Frohike looks out of place on my shelf without Langley and Byers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
They also announced this thing today for $30 more than the Sphero

http://toyland.gizmodo.com/the-best-bb-8-yet-recognizes-voice-commands-and-comes-w-1758410074

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Whoa.

Anyone have any of the Star Wars Hot Toys? Thinking of buying the Deluxe 1/6 Boba Fett.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

If they don't have a face it's going to be pretty much perfect.

Excellent. It's gonna look great next to my UCS Lego Slave I. :getin:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

boom boom boom posted:

They also make Revol Minis of Japanese historical figures. Like Date Masamune, the lord of Sendai in the early 1600s. He sheltered Christians from persecution, turned Tohoku into a center of the arts and tourism, formally established relations with the Vatican, and sponsored the first Japanese voyage around the world

The Revol Mini version might, uh... might not be 100% historically accurate.

Do they make a Musashi?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I've heard that select TFA characters will get the 3.75 black series treatment. The problem is that unless it has a helmet, the face sculpt is garbage.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Travis343 posted:

Im not sure why this is the funniest thing in the world to me but it is.

The show is good and calling the character "sexy pink boba fett" is kinda stupid :shrug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Did they show off the Black Series Revan?

(Revan is a fictional adult character, feel free to sexualize him/her, Travis343)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Decent enough. I wish the tan bits were bronze or metallic.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Hahahaha I got the DKR Superman!

Why on earth would they make figures of Miller's hideous art?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
How's the quality on the S.H. Monsterarts Godzillas? Any chance they'll ever do a Hedorah?

Probably a stupid question, but is it really worth the extra $50 vs a $20 NECA version?

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 3, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That Mafex Kylo is really promising, so here's hoping they do Han, Obi-Wan, etc. The few Black Series figs I have are decent, but the face sculpts are all over the place.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Word. How am I supposed to get a proper bromance representation when the Poe figure looks like rear end?

Oh man, Poe is the worst. Not only do they never look like Oscar Isaac, but most of them don't even look like normal human beings. It's as if the sculptors just tossed exactos at the prototype until it had something resembling a face.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

therealjon_ posted:

I'd feel weird. Hasbro had me do one of those face scan and put your head on Iron Man and I hide that thing in my storage room.

I did a similar thing at the last Disney Star Wars Weekends. It will never see the light of day.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I just bought the Bruce Lee Figma. Someone convince me not to buy the Indiana Jones Figma (I'm aware of the dodgy face paint).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Red Letter Media did a video where they melted a bunch of old Star Wars toys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1pn4bTAQWA

Those aren't worth that much though, I want to see real nerd tears.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Louisgod posted:

He did, not sure which wave though

I'm gonna go hunt for the new Luke figure in white garb and do a video review.

I never saw them announce an Old Luke. Is that actually a thing?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

This thread is just blackseries.txt at this point.

Yeah, all 6 posts of it. Let's get back to the Hot Toys likeness rights discussion.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Louisgod posted:

She did, I believe she got repacked in the recent Jango wave. Also, I'm still looking out for a Gwen/Venom for you. No luck so far.

One of my local targets had a whole bunch of Jangos and Phasmas as part of their TFA DVD displays. I'm limiting myself to one Black Series per trilogy, so I picked up FN-2187. Nearly all of the Finns and Old Hans had pretty good face paint applications, so maybe there's hope for the Black Series after all. :shrug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Ooh the Star Trek starships collection! :neckbeard:

I've been collecting a few of them, but just the Starfleet ships. I'm annoyed at myself that I missed the NX refit when it hit my local shop recently.

I just started my subscription a couple months ago. They're nice but anything with a nacelle on a long pylon comes pre-broken. Kind of annoying to pay that much and have to break out the superglue for every delivery.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I want that Kelvin so bad. Please tell me it wasn't some stupidly limited mail away or some nonsense.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

For those of you (like me) that don't want Gwen but want a wrecking ball (that's much better than the one that comes with Gwen), I recommend this: https://www.amazon.com/Create-Super..._=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

This seems like a bizarrely specific thing to sell, but then again I've never understood wrestling.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dude hired the writers and artists who created a loving universe filled with people and things

ftfy

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Figma Bruce Lee with his screaming face is the only correct answer. Then I'd have him fight the various Godzillas, Hedorahs, Gigans, and Ebirahs that I have.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Wait, is there a Bowie action figure? TELL ME THERE'S A BOWIE ACTION FIGURE

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
How have we not gotten an Old Luke...anything? What the hell are they waiting for, the two people on earth who haven't seen TFA?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Louisgod posted:

Hasbro's trying to get his face to look right and can't

Never stopped them before :laugh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The movie came out 5 months ago and the only Old Luke merch on the horizon is a loving Pop Vinyl. I mean cmon.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vintersorg posted:

Hot Toys did a full reveal of the Yoda figure. The head is slightly off and maybe some frayed hair would help it but otherwise it's a good figure. I can't see it being more than $200 but they may jack it cause of the diorama.

I will be buying this.

Looking forward to the deluxe version that includes a waterlogged Frank Oz controlling him from below.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
My local comic shop usually sends a couple employees who come back with stuff. I've never had to deal with eBay or sweaty con-goers for SDCC stuff.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Man, if that was the mulletless ROTS version, it'd be an instant buy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Phoneposting, so no pics, but Mondo announced a 1/6 Alfred Hitchcock with chair and accessories. Available tomorrow, $185. Looks decent but I'm sure it'll sell out in 30 seconds after Mondo's servers poo poo the bed.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
A friend gave me a Doomsday Pop and I bought myself Walter White and Saul Goodman Pops because the mezco figures all look like rear end.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
When Pops first came out they were way better quality, but since they've gotten every single license on earth the quality has taken a nosedive. Every now and then you see one that really stands out though. I still kinda like them though, because they're an inexpensive way to get stuff from franchises that usually don't have anything else on the market.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The tattoos are garbage, but what really makes me hate the Leto Joker are all the loving try-hard behind the scenes stories that have been "leaked". Sending dead animals and used condoms to his castmates and staying in character for days on end, etc. We get it dude, following Ledger is going to be tough, but promoting yourself as this dumb loving angsty millennial Joker is just laughably bad.

Which, I suppose, is probably his desired reaction but it still doesn't make me want to see his movies. It makes me want to avoid them at all cost.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 26, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Louisgod posted:

Clear pictures of the next Spider-Man Legends wave have come out:

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=20257

I've never bought a marvel figure before but I really want that Miles Morales

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vegastar posted:

When I originally saw photos of these dudes I thought the sculpts were meh at best, but seeing a fresh case in person convinced me. Especially since I can never find the goddamn diamond select ones at toys r us no matter how often I check. This will do.

Honestly, Murray's the only one who looks slightly off and even his likeness is still pretty decent.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

You watched three episodes.

Watch this list. I loving hated Clone Wars until I went through the list this dude suggests.
http://areyoubadenough.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-essential-clone-wars-episodes.html?m=1

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It's as if Hot Toys or Sideshow decided to make a Cap fig based entirely on the knockoff fig they found at a Dollar Store ten years ago.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

That Rey looks awesome, what are the prices usually like on their stuff?

~$65

That Rey is gonna be a perfect gift for my sister. She's been looking for a Rey figure that actually looks like Daisy Ridley since the movie came out.