Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Davros1 posted:

That Snake Eyes is based on the look of his second action figure:

https://www.yojoe.com/action/85/snakeeyes2.shtml

This is what his first fig looked like:

Correct. He was coloured all black because they couldn't afford any more paint apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Aw, I'm gonna buy a HISS tank. :smith:

I wish my other car was a HISS tank.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

Finally got this guy delivered this morning, just so I could recreate Tony Hawk's Pro Kamehameha!

Dragon Ball Super shelf is complete!

Cool stuff man, I got most of them myself. Sadly no nice set up for them.

sticksy posted:

Earlier today I saw online that Beach Head was available at the Target on my way home from work - 12 minutes later and yep, it's sold if it even really was in stock to begin with.

If one is looking for the amazon Storm Shadow take a look at amazon.ca, he's been constantly in stock. They almost certainly ship to the States and the only real problem is it might be a bit slow mail wise.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dale-Taco posted:

I tried this a couple weeks ago and they won't ship to the US.

Keep checking they tend to have that up for the US or Canadian side on some things but it usually goes away at some point before releases happen. Seen it happen.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 28, 2020

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Oh the chance to be able to pick from those.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Here's a nice little review of the Baroness with her bike

http://www.oafe.net/yo/gijclas13b.php

They review various things so lots of good stuff there.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

I made this and am very happy with myself. :smugdog:

It made me chuckle.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Didn't think it was worth trying to go for the Cobra Commander at this point but nope, totally got him. Go figure. Glory be.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dale-Taco posted:

Huzzah. I just got changed for my Snake Supreme Cobra Commander. I am excited to finally have a new Joe figure after months of nothing...

Ditto. Oddly enough I thought that I already paid for it when I put in the order but guess that was just a confirmation.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got my Supreme Cobra Commander today from the Hasbro store, got to admit impressed it came so quick.

Also looks awesome.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Kingtheninja posted:

Definitely jealous of everyone else getting their Supreme commanders, but I have high hopes I'll get mine once hasbro answers my missing item request!

Sorry to hear yours is lost in the ether, I hope they help. They use to be quite great once upon a time, I recall a story of a kid who way back in the day saved up enough to get four Hiss tanks and sent in the stuff. Now it shipped but went missing, the kid contacted Hasbro and they said no problem, shipped out exactly what he ordered.
Later the original Hiss tanks showed up as well so he ended up with eight of them.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

I've been very busy this past year, adding more and more to my collection, as a hobby during the pandemic. My wife will now be working from home full time, so we used our other spare bedroom as a permanent office for her, leaving the original office for just my collection.

Without further ado, here it is...(Thumbnailed for politeness' sake)

G'drat.

Seriously outstanding my good man, outstanding.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Now that the Macross rights have finally been sorted I hope we get to see some of the main stuff to cross over. It'd definitely help with the cost.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The nerf guns are terrible, I've seen some replacement weapons listed on BBTS before so you can give them the right weapons they normally had.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Xenomrph posted:

Is the 40K fan base that problematic? The people in the 40K threads on this forum seem pretty sane, as do the people who frequent my local GW store.

Like yeah the fiction and lore has the Imperium as the grimmest, darkest, fascist, expansionist, militaristic, violently xenophobic regime possible, but from what I’ve seen of the fan base they seem pretty “in on the joke”.

You should see Arch Warhammer. Dude is poo poo.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Aphrodite posted:

He’s so racist he’s not allowed to call himself ‘Arch Warhammer’ anymore because GW made him change it to distance him, and anyone who works with him isn’t allowed to work with GW.

Yup. He had connections to them for a time, pretty sure one guy on his way out of the company or a game developer even lambasted Arch and the company put up an apology for it. Around that time his reputation was already considered bad so not many agreed with the apology, most agreed with the ex employee.

Some time after that I remember one Warhammer youtuber though I forget his name actually did a nice video where he said it shouldn't matter who you are, straight, gay, bi, trans, french or whatever you should be allowed to freely play Warhammer and that you were loved. Quite a few WH youtubers cheered
him on, but the dislikes was rather high.

So yeah, there is a divide.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's up again now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Xenomrph posted:

Tell me more

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jul/13/women-speak-out-about-warren-ellis-transmetropolitan

Women speak out about Warren Ellis: 'Full and informed consent was impossible'
This article is more than 11 months old

Scores of women are publishing details of their relationships with the Transmetropolitan writer, who they say offered mentorship in exchange for sexual contact. But they don’t want him cancelled – they want a conversation

In June this year, as scores of young women began to publicly make allegations about the behaviour of men in senior positions in comics and science fiction writing, several women began to speak about their relationships with Ellis, some dating back to the early 2000s.

Now, more than 60 women have come together to launch the website So Many of Us, to document their concurrent relationships with Ellis and encourage others to come forward. They allege that Ellis has pursued sexual relationships with a staggering number of his female fans, all the while deceiving them about the number of relationships he was in; based on the account of these women, it appears he was maintaining at least 19 relationships simultaneously at one point in 2009.

A lot more in article.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think that's anti he-man, not faker. He's the EVIL he-man who is going to take over all the universes by killing their he-man and absorbing their castle greyskull energy and something something ruler of the cosmos.

Read something about it a few months back. Some new comic series?

Also goddamn that wolverine is perfection.

It is anti he-man, I read the comic and that's totally him 100%. Faker is blue. Or has his face half torn off, not black.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

CPL593H posted:

Jesus even the toys look bored.

She looks happy?

I don't see bored here.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

deoju posted:

After 4 years of working on it, and 30+ years of wanting one, I've just about completed my baby.

And the rest of the kit...

Super happy with it. Just waiting for my phone to ring. ;)

So very cool.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

Would Amazon refund me for a figure I bought from a third party through Amazon if USPS loses it?

Amazon is insanely good for refunding you. I've had items from third parties never show up and if it doesn't get to you then you can refund.

Hell even if you get it and don't like it you can toss it in a box and send it back getting a refund.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

Awesome. I have something that was supposed to be here Tuesday and uhhh…hasn’t moved since Monday.

I've had that happen, usually seems like in those cases they're trying to wait out the 30 days so they get the money.

The item never shows up, so if you feel like your in this situation, just click on the refund button in your orders for it and go from there.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I gotta do it

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

That cannot be canon, there is no one that Fisto cannot fist.

It probably isn't cannon.

But seriously nice collection!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Had no idea they made the Adora horde captain from the comic.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The boob ship and the movie a young James Cameron worked on.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Was finally around two different stores that carried toys and they actually had He-Man stuff there much to my surprise. It brings back memories, I didn't buy anything mind you. There was no sign of any actual He-Man or Skeletor figures. But oh man there were two there that littered the shelves and pegs.

Rolls of Ram Man and Clamp Champ. There were so many of those two I was left wondering if they over shipped them or not. Both places were packed with them. Little of anything else.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shiroc posted:

BBTS cancelled a preorder on me for the first time because they couldn't get their order fulfilled. Now how will people who visit my apartment know I like Sailor Moon?

By telling everyone Tuxedo Mask is a total lush.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got my Snake Eyes with Timber and it is oh so cool.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Go Bot command ship was awesome.

I swear every kid had one at the time.

One thing people forget about the Go Bots is that they had real brains in robot bodies.

Added thought:

Go Bots in their design remind me much more of the Bay style than Transformers themselves regularly do.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 18, 2021

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shiroc posted:

Someone either convince me or dissuade me from ordering a $160 Figuarts Ultra Instinct Sign Goku.

Why so expensive? Normally they're much cheaper. Or are you trying to find one sold out for months now, if that's the case I suggest waiting. They do tend to redo some down the line and such a figure like that is bound to show up again.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Aphrodite posted:

It was an event exclusive.

Shiroc posted:

Yeah my motivation is that I really like how it looks and would like to fill out my Goku lineup. I don't know how quickly they would get back around to what I think is a kind of narrow and very particular version of him.

I had to check, I actually own it.

Bought it from BBTS, one of the final figures of that line I purchased.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/130129

Sold out of, the price is different, between shipping/tax etc mine cost around 94 dollars originally.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 20, 2021

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I call OG Broly the tumor King

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I take it we'll get pictures of Goku stuffing his face now that they're releasing a meal set for the figures.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm tempted to jump onto that support for the Skystriker. She's a beauty and something I had has a child. About time they had a version that didn't have the darn wing/wheel issue.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Zartan color changing one is up.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Spirit, Croc and Storm Shadow are up at BBTS

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Best thing about Croc is his crocodile is named Fiona and has two baby crocs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It's hard to make a bad B.A.T. though they did do that with the space version once.