Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Writer Cath posted:

All right, then where on the human form is the bread basket?

It's the abdomen or "tummy" area :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Is the Legacy's music (A New Day) a variation of the New Age Outlaws' music?

Speaking of Legacy's music. The new WWE CD just landed on the digital shelves of Amazon if anybody besides me cares.

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Music-New-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B0035DH9GC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1264659765&sr=8-2

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Quasipox posted:

It's truly a work of art:

Y'know, looking at that picture he does resemble The Undertaker quite a bit. Not bad for not being related.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I just recently rewatched the 1990 Royal Rumble and Beefcake was over like rover with the fans. Huge pop on entrance and then when he put the Genius to sleep it was crazy.

Also Ventura got a great line in when the fans were chanting "human being" at the Genius: "All the fans here out to support Brutus Beefcake who's from San Francisco."

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

marsupialicity posted:

is there a video posted anywhere of Shawn freaking out over the Elimination Chamber playset?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AxogCo4dV4

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

apsouthern posted:

When Sabu came to the WWE and debuted at One Night Stand he had a WHC title shot against Mysterio which ended in a no contest. Has anyone else had a title shot in their debut match and not won the title?

I thought he had his first WWE match on that special WWE vs ECW show on USA? I think he faced Cena. Cena was champ so it had to be before ONS 2006

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

cucka posted:

To add a second request to this botchamania question, I've been trying to find the one where Shelton Benjamin (I think) goes running up the ring steps and his momentum just carries him right over the other sidee and he goes flying and it's all very humorous.

Little help?

To add a third that I've been searching for on and off for a long time. Which botchamania had the raven vs jarrett match where they hit each other with everything and then it ended with the stroke?

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I know two different Robert Roberts

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

anakha posted:

No, I distinctly remember Bret using a ringpost version of the Sharpshooter once or twice.

He needed to use the ringpost that had the steps, but still...

He used a ringpost figure 4 and a ringpost Sharpshooter against the Undertaker at SummerSlam 1997. I think both were on the non-step corners though.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
They talked about him going 10-0 at WrestleMania X8 against Flair. They didn't really make a big deal about it though.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
There's a screw on the back of the belt for the plate. If it's in then you can hand turn the WWE logo but it won't free spin.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Wasn't Prime Time Wrestling the "A" show before RAW since it was 2 hours on Monday night before RAW came along at 1 hour?

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Rusty Shackelford posted:

You need to mention that the mask spewed smoke.

Vince is pretty good about that. For example, he changed the Road Warriors to the Legion of Doom.

They were the Legion of Doom in Georgia Championship Wrestling, well before they got to the WWE.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Jerusalem posted:

How can you not love the lyrics,"Step up to nah living inside ya, step up for not gonna find ya! Step up for the live it up!"?

I'm being serious, it's probably my favorite Austin theme even if I have no idea what the words are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVtpsuUZG_s

The song with lyrics in the info.

Between this and the WCW ad being found it's a red letter day for wrasslin' fans.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I bet Chris Benoit had the firmest loving handshake you can imagine

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
It was Classy Freddie Blassie. One of the greatest wrestling personalities of all time.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
You're quite right. It made it's debut February 5th, 1988 but wasn't really worn until Randy Savage won it at WrestleMania 4.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Perry Normal posted:

Ric Flair.

Oops, beaten. I have a memory of Flair threatening to kill Melina or something during that match, did that actually happen?

Flair was actually the face in that match and Foley was the heel. So I think Rey vs Chavo is the only I quit match of recent memory where the face gave up.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Endorph posted:

Wasn't it Bombastic Bart and Bodacious Bob?

Nope. It's bombastic Bob and Bodacious Bart. The T's are separate is how I always remembered it

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

The Grey posted:

According to wikipedia, which source's Ted Dibase's autobiography:

"The Million Dollar Belt was designed by Terry Betteridge of Betteridge Jewelers in Greenwich, Connecticut. The belt is gold plated, made with cubic zirconia, and has three tiny diamonds that were inserted behind the belt. The belt cost around $125,000."

No sir. That belt cost $1,000,000 in 1989. Adjusted for inflation to 2014 it is worth $1,000,000.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I'm gonna say Undertaker. Let's see, he's The Deadman, The Demon of Death Valley, the Last Outlaw, Red Devil, Big Evil, the Lord of Darkness, The American Bad rear end, the Phenom, and was also called the conscience of the WWE a few times. Comedy Booger Red option.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Perfidus posted:

I think the actual line was more like "On the sixth day, God created Mankind. Why was he having such a bad day? Why did he create all of you normal, but forget so many important parts of me?"

On the eighth day. Not the sixth. The rest is right though.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Onmi posted:

then there's the fact it's a song about someone having died and a person desperately trying to swap places with them due to grief.

That's not what the song is about. It's about men and women switching places to better understand each other.

Kate Bush posted:

I was trying to say that, really, a man and a woman, can't understand each other because we are a man and a woman. And if we could actually swap each other's roles, if we could actually be in each other's place for a while, I think we'd both be very surprised! [Laughs] And I think it would lead to a greater understanding. And really the only way I could think it could be done was either... you know, I thought a deal with the devil, you know. And I thought, 'well, no, why not a deal with God!' You know, because in a way it's so much more powerful the whole idea of asking God to make a deal with you. You see, for me it is still called "Deal With God", that was its title.

The original version by her has a lot faster more upbeat tempo.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Funktastic posted:

Since I'm going to be watching Wrestlemania for the first time in the 13 years I've been interested in wrestling, I figured this would be a good thing to ask. What was the first PPV you saw? My first and only PPV was Invasion, which is also the first wrestling thing I saw.

Wrestlemania III. Hogan and Andre is still the best match from that show.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I watched Nash's you shoot and a fan had a question making fun of the women in that picture and to Nash's credit he was visibly upset they were being made fun of.

He didn't give a joking or angry response just basically said that that wasn't worth responding too.

To me that definitely says he appreciates all his fans if nothing else and really that's all you can ask of any celebrity. It's the people that pay to see you that make you your money.

The fans also shouldn't be huge douches either but that goes without saying.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I still wear my Austin 3:16 shirt and get a comment about how it's a great shirt at least once every time.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Regrettable posted:

No but he was 19 when they started seeing each other.

17, if I remember correctly.

She was 18 years and 10 months. So legal by all standards.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Dear Dean,
I wrote you but you still ain't callin'. I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom...

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Tell us more about your thoughts on black people's vaginas

I know you didn't ask me specifically but personally I like them. And not just black ones. Whites ones, Mexican ones. The Asian ones are weird with them being sideways and all but hey, it's all good baby.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Mystery Opponent posted:

All vaginas are beautiful

And great tasting am I right??

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Yup. But actually you're both right because at No Way Out 2006 Undertaker had Angle in a triangle choke and Kurt turned it into a pin.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
There was that period of time from late 1990 to early 1993 where it was unwatchable

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

EugeneJ posted:

I remember the ads they ran for the Briscoe Brothers Body shop when Patterson and Briscoe were Vince's henchman, and JR said something like "I hear they give rear end jobs"

"Patterson handles the rear end work"

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

C. Everett Koop posted:

iirc Triple H hit a pedigree, burned a cross in the middle of the ring, and then pinned Booker clean.

That was a T for tolerance and togetherness. Flame on.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

remusclaw posted:

I'm a big fan of Jerry Lawler's phantom foreign object. Is it a roll of quarters? A Popsicle stick? Completely mimed? I love it.

It's a doughnut hole.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Shiki Dan posted:

World Karate Federation

I believe it's known as World Karate Entertainment now.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Crease your pies

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

surf rock posted:

Watching Sherri's induction speech and, goddamn, she is a loving lunatic. She reminds me of old bar flies I know who have a lifetime worth of cigarettes and meth in their system.

Sensational Sherri sent me on a lifetime journey of being in relationships with gorgeous black-haired crazy girls that I was a little afraid of. It's been a great life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Does anyone remember John Petrie's Monday night recaps from way back in the day? He was one of the few entertaining ones I used to read. I've been going through them again off and on and it's awesome being able to relive what the feeling was like during the Monday Night Wars and hearing what the current rumors and innuendos are. Even more so when I can fire up WWE Network and re-watch the big segments. It's a fun little trip down memory lane.