Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Turtlicious posted:

I want to do an LP with my girlfriend.

Does anyone know of a game that would be fun for two people to play? We've done a few, but I always lose interest because of how different my girl and I are. (She likes to explore every nook and cranny. I like to smash things, with a warhammer if possible.) She's never played a shooter before, but seems open to the idea, (which would be pretty awesome,) but really anything, even going as far back as the original nintendo if need be.

Try Tyrian. It's an old top-down shooter with a pretty good story mode and a Co-op mode to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Cheshire Cat posted:

There's also a bunch of mercenary dudes taking the place of the NK army as human enemies, so it's not quite the boring "Shoot at the big flying alien with a ton of health until it dies" slog that the latter half of Crysis is.

:ssh: They're extremely vulnerable to FY-71 fire bullets. Even the big fliers

That said, Crysis 2 is way more linear, but it makes up for this with a refinement in the suit controls. You don't need to toggle Speed/Strength anymore, you just have to hold down sprint or jump/melee to engage a Strength-enhanced version. The two modes you can activate are Armor and Cloak. Armor's an actual defense buff instead of just draining your energy, and Cloak's been improved upon - You can fire a few rounds and it'll just use up some of your energy meter rather than decloaking.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 30, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

We very specifically need co-op on the same machine, unfortunately.

Get Ratchet: Deadlocked (Aka Ratchet: Gladiator in PAL territories). Co-op third-person shooter on the PS2 with unlockable character skins and upgradable (and customizable) weaponry.

edit: Honestly, if you want games to play together, you should get an Xbox 360. There's quite a few good games that meet all the criteria for what you want.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VogeGandire posted:

Played all of those multiple times, except Fallout, because I'm not a fan of the setting. Thanks for trying though.

Crysis, Crysis: Warhead or Crysis 2. All have customization options for your weapons, and your Nanosuit has several mod slots you can switch between (four catagories, one active from each at any time. You have to purchase each through an in-game currency gathered from killing a specific type of enemy though. It's plentiful enough to purchase every possible one by the end of the game though) in Crysis 2.

CowboyAndy posted:

I've really like The Walking Dead adventure games. Are there any good adventure games out on the Wii or Xbox360? I'm not much into PC gaming. How was the Jurassic Park game Telltale released?

I've heard good things about Zack and Wiki on the Wii. Also, the Phoenix Wright games have WiiWare versions if you haven't played them.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 7, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Seemenaked posted:

I'm currently at a loss as to what to play next. I've been playing Xcom Enemy Unknown and I love it. Trouble is once you get a handle on making all the countries happy (build loads of satelites) the game is just really easy. I love Xcom but the whole time I was playing it I was thinking 'this would be even better if it was in a fantasy setting' like tactics ogre or final fantasy tactics. Not sure if there are any good looking turn-based strategy games out there though.

Oh, on a side note have they made any kinda game similar to the old Ogre Battle games? I loved that series, I even bought an n64 just for Ogre Battle 64.

If you have a PS3, hunt down a copy of Valkyria Chronicles (Or if you have a PSP, Valkyria Chronicles 2). It's a World War 2-esque setting with mild fantasy elements.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

pandaK posted:

Looking for a game with a high emphasis on exploration and discovery (like Journey) and/or interesting open worlds with lots of easter eggs (like GTA4). Preferably newer games since I've already gone through a few older released ones, also preferably PC games, or PC ports.

Try Saints Row 2 or 3, or even GTA San Andreas.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Camping.. Intense! posted:

I am after a fairly basic Building/Business Simulation type game. I guess something kind of like Rollercoaster Tycoon or Sim City only a little more basic. What i really want is to be able to say start a business completely from scratch and watch as it builds up. Something perfect would be like the old Pizza Tycoon game which was awesome but i cant seem to get to run properly anymore.

While I am at it, whats a good turn based strategy game i can run in a window? Something that doesnt require my full attention, something like Heroes of Might and Magic or a single player Magic The Gathering.

X-Com: UFO Defense (that's the original 90's game, not the new one) would probably suit you as a strategy game and I think it's on Steam. As to a management game, go get Theme Hospital off of GoG.com.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

thexerox123 posted:

I'm wondering if anybody can recommend an RPG for Wii or 360 that can satisfy a craving that's been gnawing at me for awhile! (Gamecube or Mac would also be fine.)

RPGs I have loved:
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Evermore
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
Chrono Cross
Golden Sun

RPGs I own or have tried, but aren't quite what I'm looking for in this case:
Morrowind, Skyrim
Fallout 3
Blue Dragon
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Final Fantasy Series
Fable 1-3
Mass Effect/KOTOR style action-RPGs
Borderlands

Basically, I like turn-based, a good number of memorable attacks and characters, and above all, with a good story. I don't want anything open-world like Elder Scrolls/Fallout/Borderlands, and I know that there are a lot of sword & magic/JRPGs out there, but I really don't want something just... generic.

The Breath of Fire series has never really interested me, but I might just be wrong about that. Also the Tales of and Phantasy Star series are ones that I haven't tried, but I'm not sure either of them are quite what I'm looking for.

The Last Story is a great action RPG on the Wii. It's by the original creator of Final Fantasy, and it's basically the Final Fantasy that never was, story-wise.

On the gamecube, give Skies of Arcadia Legends or even Lost Kingdoms 2 a try, both are pretty decent JRPG's.

If you want to try the Breath of Fire games, BoF4 is the best in the series, but it's on the PS1. Breath of Fire 2's pretty drat good despite an awful translation.

edit:VVVVVVV

If you're going in SMT games, start with Persona 4, it's moderately fair and a really good game. Nocturne (aka Lucifer's Call if you're in the EU/AU) and Digital Devil Saga are good too, but they are punishing if you try to play through without knowing how to abuse the Press-Turn system with elemental weaknesses.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 20, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Moon Man posted:

I just finished Xcom and I've beaten Borderlands 1 and 2. I'm looking for a good, action game with or without RPG elements. I'm a PC gamer and I am hoping someone can recommend a "Hidden Gem" game instead of a game everyone has already played. I also, being able to use a controller is preferred but not required. I know, I'm weird like that.

also, I freaking love good boss fights. It's been awhile since a game has wowed me with a good boss battle.

Give Binary Domain a try. It's a third-person shooter with mild RPG elements that affect your characters stats in the form of buff items (each character in the squad has a grid you can add and remove various-shaped buff items from like a quicker dodge, extra medkit, or steadier aim).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I recently picked up a PSP because there's a few games I've been interested in (mainly Valkyria Chronicles 2), and was wondering what others might recommend. My current shortlist is the general stuff like Patapon, Locoroco, Star Ocean and Dissidia, mostly looking for any good hidden gems. Also, what's the general consensus on Trails in the Sky? Been looking at it and seems like a good fun JRPG as near as I can tell.

edit: VVVVVVV

Have a look at Costume Quest or Stacking on Xbox Live. As to retail games, try Rayman Origins and de Blob 2.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Persona 2: Innocent Sin is pretty great.

The Persona games on it! I knew I'd forgotten something! :doh:

CrunchyTaco posted:

I'm looking for a grindy fantasy game for either PSP or DS

Get the Shin Megami Tensei games on either. Persona 1 and both Persona 2's on the PSP, or Devil Survivor 1&2(They're strategy RPG's) and SMT: Strange Journey (a full proper JRPG) on the DS

Urdnot Fire posted:

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is definitely something to check out. As for Trails in the Sky, it has an incredible amount of dialogue and just content in general. The combat's pretty fun, and it's only about $15 these days, so I'd give it a go.

Thanks, I will.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VelociBacon posted:

Going to post again in this thread as I've found it helpful before. Currently looking for two suggestions, thanks in advance to the helpful goons here.

1. Looking for a local co-op game of any kind that I can play with my girlfriend who doesn't have a great attention span. Looking for something PC/Xbox.

2. Looking for a suggestion for a game that is 100% browser based. I've played games like O-game previously and had a lot of fun. I have a lot of down time at my job and hope that I can find something fun/addicting to pass what can sometimes be hours.

Halo's good for mindless co-op fun (Any of them, but Halo:CE or Reach are probably best). There's also Castle Crashers, Gears of War or Saints Row 2 or 3. Most of those either have stories you can ignore in favour of gameplay (not a slight against them, just saying), or you can play them in bite-sized chunks (like an odd mission or just general co-op mayhem in Saints Row).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MustardMaster posted:

I'd want to play a game with a good story. Preferably an RPG, but anything goes really. I've liked the Final Fantasy series, Persona 4, Metal Gear series and Deus Ex:HR. I know about Deadly Premonition, Nier and Silent Hill and have watched LPs of them.

So what is there under the Moon?

The Mass Effect Trilogy's pretty decent overall in terms of story and gameplay.

SMT:Digital Devil Saga 1&2 are pretty good as well (they're a paired game with DDS2 starting right at the end of 1). DDS is a little lean on plot (semi-deliberately for overall story reasons, but it's filled with little strange things and hints that point to something greater), however DDS2 really makes up for that.

Odin Sphere is a PS2 2D side-scrolling rpg that has a well-written story. It has weirdly long load times between screens, but that's non-existent on the PAL version and the PS3 downloadable version.

Rogue Galaxy is a sci-fi action rpg on the PS2 that hits just about every jrpg and general sci-fi cliche it can, but it manages to do so while telling a decent story on its own. It's also choc-full of sidequests and minigames, including a creature battle system using captured insects and an invention minigame that requires you to place the machinery needed to create said inventions within a grid. It's not the greatest game, but it's a really fun one with a pretty solid english dub as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dominoes posted:

I'm looking for single-player PC games that have immersive stories and settings. I bought Alan Wake during a Steam Sale months ago, and started playing it a few weeks ago when I was bored, thinking it would be a fun time killer. It turned out to have been one of the best games I've played, and I was surprised I hadn't heard of it before. I'm looking for more games that will give me that feeling.

Games I like that fit this include Alan Wake, Alpha Protocol, System/Bioshock, Deus Ex and The Longest Journey/Dreamfall.

edit: Looks like this was brought up at the top of last page. I've played (and loved) To The Moon, and am at episode 3 in The Walking Dead. More suggestions couldn't hurt.

Go to GoG.com and have a look at the WadJet Eye games (Blackwell Bundle, which is four episodic games, Resonance, Gemini Rue and Primordia). They're all point-and-click adventure games with really good plots, and puzzles that are generally logical.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheGame posted:

Thanks everyone! I forgot about Evil Genius, I haven't played that in a while. I'll keep my eye out for the others over the winter sales.

Another longshot: Any other PC games out there similar to Bulletstorm? I really liked the combos, environmental kills, score system (to give incentive to replay levels), the incentives to use different guns in the same level, and the really fast pace. I've played a lot of arcade-style FPS games but the closest I can think of is... Painkiller or something, and that's not even that similar.

Serious Sam 3:BFE is pretty goddamn fun. The first 3 levels aren't that great, but after that you start getting the fun guns and a plenty of ammo for them. Plus it has the best double-barreled shotgun since Doom 2.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Turtlicious posted:

I don't have a lot of friends / constant internet connection, can I enjoy the Killing Floor in singleplayer? Is there a game that is like L4D or BlOps Zombies but for one person? The only one I can think of is Dead Rising.

ZombiU is a really good and very tense game if you have a WiiU/want a reason to get one.

Disco Godfather posted:

My girlfriend and I are looking for a competitive turn-based mobile game. I'm envisioning a mobile PBEM-style wargame. Some kind of Advance Wars clone, perhaps?

If you have PSP's, give Valkyria Chronicles 2 a look.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chas McGill posted:

I just got a PS3 - this is my first console since the Dreamcast. Since I have a PC and tend to play a lot of the big multiformat releases on it already, what PS3 exclusives should I look out for? I'm particularly interested in RPGs, since I haven't played any in ages.

Things I'm already getting:
Demon's Souls
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain

Some of the general PS3 exclusives worth playing are;

Ratchet and Clank: Future (It's a trilogy of Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, and A Crack in Time)

The Uncharted trilogy (The first one's okay, but U2 and U3 are far superior and each sequel's mostly stand-alone)

3D Dot Heroes is a self-aware parody of the old 8-bit zelda action rpg's, and is a pretty fun game you can usually get for cheap.

Killzone 2&3 are decent FPS games. 2 is mildly average, while 3 is a far better game, but it's a direct continuation of K2.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (it has a poo poo-ton of long cutscenes, but it's still fun to play)

And Valkyria Chronicles is well worth playing. I've had a lot of fun with that game and highly recommend it. It's one of the games I bought a PS3 for.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scambl posted:

How has no one mentioned Journey yet? It's not an RPG, but it's certainly something to experience.

drat, I knew there was something I'd forgotten. Get Flower as well, it's by the same indie dev studio that made Journey.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fangz posted:

Okay, I rather urgently need a suggestion for a game that is

- Multiplayer on the same keyboard
- Not very complicated
- Teenage boy friendly
- Hopefully free and/or cheap.

O save me, guys!

Give Tyrian a try. It's free on GoG

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Coca Koala posted:

What are some games that are similar to Myst, ie adventure games that are very heavily puzzle-based which are also playable on Mac?

Syberia was the first game I thought of, and it's already been played. I know adventure games are kind of dead right now; is there anything I'm not thinking of?

Go to GoG and have a look at the Wadjet Eye games (Resonance, Blackwell, Gemini Rue and Primordia). They make some very good point-and-click adventure games. Deponia is another very puzzle-oriented point-and-click adventure game too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Coca Koala posted:

GoG reminded me of Machinarium and Botanicula, but the Wadjet games are windows only. It's too bad, because they're fun. Deponia runs on mac, though, so thanks for that one!

Whoops, I missed the Mac part. Sorry!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

Recommend me a Mafia game. I don't care if its a sandbox game, I'm just craving a gangster game specifically for the PC.

Sleeping Dogs might work. You play as an undercover cop infiltrating a Triad syndicate in Hong Kong.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rashomon posted:

Can anyone name some great games with "New Game +" modes? Where you play through, and then play through again but with all the power you gained on the first playthrough? To me, Chrono Trigger is the classic example, and I also recently played Torchlight 2 which has a relatively cool New Game + mode for increasing difficulty.

Valkyria Chronicles has this as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I am looking for more :smith: games - I beat Limbo, Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead and I want more games on that same harrowing vibe.

To The Moon should do the trick.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PTizzle posted:

I'm looking for a new game for my girlfriend to play - the issue is that she has completely bizarre taste so I'm not exactly sure what'll stick.

Her favourite games of all time are Thief 1/2, Settlers 2, Age of Empires 2, Caesar 3 and GTAIV.

PC or PS3 is fine, I'm just really not sure where to go. She seemed to enjoy Pixeljunk Shooter, Age of Booty and Angry Birds, but she really liked the storyline/humour/life simulation aspects of GTAIV. She likes sneaky games and management games, that's about all I can glean from her taste. I'm guessing simulation/strategy/thinking games with a bit of management and not too much combat are the idea.

She didn't like The Sims, Metal Gear Solid, Civilisation, Lemmings, Worms, Skyrim or Assassin's Creed.

Saint's Row seems like a logical choice, but I'd also like to get her something (or two) for PC along the lines of Thief and Settlers. Preferably nothing too new as it's just a laptop.

Sorry for the vague post, just looking for some suggestions that might be out of the box a bit.

Can you tell us the specs of the laptop at all? "Just a laptop" could mean anything really nowadays. Hitman: Blood Money might be of interest though, given some of the titles you mentioned. I don't know what the low-spec quality is like, but Dishonored would probably be well-received, if her laptop can run it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McNagah posted:

I just recently finished Xenoblade Chronicles and loved it a lot, and it made me decide I want to play more JRPGs. Which other newcomer JRPGs would you recommend me to play? The other JRPGs I have played are Final Fantasy IV, which I disliked, and Chrono Trigger, which I liked a lot but I have not finished it yet.

If you want another amazing Wii JRPG, go get The Last Story. A general idea of which consoles you have would help a lot with recommending JRPG's though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Are there any good games where I could control a capital-size starship (preferrably with a joystick and throttle) that don't involve the letter 'X' and a number after it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

It's old but Independence War fits your description perfectly. You can pilot with a joystick, and the ship does not handle like a fighter, and you also have to manage a lot of systems.

Played it and beaten it already (One of my favourite games, too). I tried IDW-2 as well, but I just couldn't get into it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pyromancer posted:

How about Battlecruiser/Universal Combat series?

I played a bit of Battlecruiser Millennium Gold years ago, but the game was so buggy I gave up on it in the end. Are any of the later ones any better?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlazinLow305 posted:

edit: I am a little bit weird about games. I prefer games that actually let you grind, rather than having like say a limited amount of mobs like Dragon Age. I know that sounds weird, but sometimes I just prefer to mellow out and kill dudes without worrying about advancing through the story, etc which is why I mention something JRPGish. What about Xenoblade: Chronicles? I see a review saying it has MMORPGish combat which I think I'd like since I played WoW forever. I also enjoy combat systems such as Final Fantasy XII and Star Ocean The Second for Ps1.

If you want grinding, crafting and a shitload of sidequests, atop a drat good plot, get Xenoblade. A single playthrough ignoring most of the sidequests will set you back 80 hours. Minimum. And there's enough sidequests to easily double that time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mordiceius posted:

I bought Xenoblade last year and tried liking it. Maybe I didn't get far enough in, but I played about 5 hours and thought it was boring as gently caress. It doesn't help that its on the wii and graphically looks like smeared poo poo.

Xenoblade is big. Just saying "five hours" doesn't really tell us anything when it could've easily been spent knocking off sidequests in and around Colony 9. Also, are you using composite or component cables on your Wii? Because those will make a big difference in picture quality.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MadBimber posted:

I was recently rewatching the Unreal Demo Samaritan, and was curious if there are other games like that? I like its gritty cyberpunk nature, and seeing that new CD Projekt game coming out has me hankerin for it. I've already played the DX games that are worth playing. Any suggestions?

Oni might interest you. It's a bit dated, but it's a fun action game. Deus Ex:HR and its predecessors would probably qualify as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Douche Bag posted:

Anyone know of any good, relatively simple, point and click adventure games? Preferably something I can find on GoG or Steam? My lady friend doesn't normally play games but she seems to have taken a liking to them. Not usually my genre so I know nothing about what's good/bad.

Any of the Wadjet Eye Games are good. Primordia and Resonance are good ones to start with, but The Blackwell Bundle (a collection of four episodic games) and Gemini Rue are also great games in their own right.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Forgedbow posted:

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor is as close as you're gonna get I think.

Devil Survivor 2, specifically. It has elements of P4's social system with a combat system similar to most strategy jrpg's.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Walker posted:

Probably the best place for this: I can afford to buy expect to recieve either a Wii U or a PS Vita. In the Vita corner, I have PS+ and I'm thinking of buying Persona 4. In the Wii U corner, I still have Xenoblade which I've barely touched. What's the better value?

Persona 4 will run you about 50-60 hours, average. Xenoblade has a minimum playtime (not including the mountain of sidequests in each area) of 80 hours. They are both really good games, however.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alphagabe posted:

Started playing Xcom recently and I really like it, but I would love it if it were a fantasy setting. Anything out there that would scratch this itch?

One of the Fire Emblem games would probably do it. If you have a PS3 there's also Valkyria Chronicles, but that's a WWII setting.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm looking for a modern 3rd person shooter/adventure game for the Xbox 360. I just finished the new Tomb Raider, and before that I was hooked on Far Cry 3 and Max Payne 3, so something along those lines.

And are there any good non-fantasy text adventure/CYOA games? I've been playing a bit of Amnesia and Alter Ego, those are a lot of fun.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West might interest you. The climbing's a little hand-holding in how it plays, but it's a very good game overall. If you want to try it, there's a demo in the xbox live store.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Turtlicious posted:

Does anyone know of a good free MUD with a large goon presence and is actually fun?

Space Station 13 might count as one. Have a look at the thread for it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlphaDog posted:

I'm looking for two different things.

A combat flightsim that's not War Thunder (looking for something without XP, currency, etc) and a joystick to play it with. I've 90% settled on IL-2 for this, but a good sim-lite mode would be nice.

An RPG. Doesn't have to be fantasy. An interesting storyline is required. I did not like Skyrim (or morrowind, or mass effect, or witcher), and did like Kingdoms of Amalur, Baldur's Gate, Planescape, and stuff like that (ie, either mopre actiony or more D&D-like than Skyrim) if that helps. I don't know how to define this one, but the "big sandbox" games don't appeal to me as much as the "there are heaps of quests and stories" games. Star Control 2 was my favorite game ever, and something that captures the feel of that would be good - that is, there's a big world but it's not a sandbox - there are plot threads everywhere which mostly tie into one coherent main story. I get the shits in Skyrim because there's a whole lot of empty.

Edit: The graphics can be bad for the RPG, and I'm happy to play an old game if it's good.

I can't really recommend a good flight sim, but for a good joystick take a look at the joysticks and throttles made by CH Products. They make some really reliable stuff, even if they don't look as fancy as the ones made by Thrustmaster and the like, and the bundled software is really simple and easy to set up profiles for. I use their 568 Combatstick and Pro Throttle myself, and they've been really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I.W.W. ATTITUDE posted:

I'm seeking recommendations for games that have unique interesting atmosphere/ambiance. I know that's a really freaking broad request, but I've got this weird craving for games that:

If you want a good adventure game with those aesthetics, have a look at The Longest Journey - It's on GOG.com and pretty cheap. As to something set in modern Japan, have a look at The World Ends With You on the iPhone, or Persona 3 Portable on the PSP.

edit: VVVVVVV

I've heard good (ie: deeply depressing) things about Spec Ops: The line.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 9, 2013