Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
It looks like a base model, after discounts, that probably went for around that much brand new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

ilkhan posted:

I turned that poo poo off day 1.
I stalled it on the test drive but haven't on mine.

How do you do this?

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Powershift posted:

and dealers are going to have a $25k market adjustment until the next mustang comes out because they're all massive dickheads.

The GT350R is $85,000, $5k less than a Z06.

poo poo, you might be waiting longer than that. There are several NEW GT500s for sale in my area. One of them is a loving 2012.

Might as well pay the market adjustment, since they won't depreciate.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
I run Yokohama IceGuard IG20s on mine and was pretty much unstoppable last winter.

That being said, I stripped out a lug stud putting my heavy-rear end summer tires back on. Are these pretty easy to replace or should I have a shop do it? I was quoted ~$65.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Gwaihir posted:

e: It doesn't gently caress them up at all, you just get less traction until they're warmer.

quote:

Pirelli's warranty does not cover tires that develop compound cracking due to use in ambient temperatures below 45° Fahrenheit (7° Celsius), so the P Zero, like all summer tires, is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Mosnar posted:

Recent Mustang recipient here.

2011 GT Premium with California Special Package, Rouch CAI and exhaust, TEI shifter. Not blue.

Shown here with Franklin and Gertrude, pet rocks and proud parents.

Slick car, I never noticed that the GT/CS has a GT etched into them.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Powershift posted:

Ford is no doubt lusting after a share of those ~2500 chevrolet SS yearly sales.

There's the Charger. I'm not sure it sells very well either, but I know it moves at least 20 times that.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
Yeah, factory-size Pirelli P-Zeros are $250/ea on tire rack. You'll need to step down to a performance all season to get something cheaper.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

coolskillrex remix posted:

Wait for a deal to pop up on slickdeals for Michelin pilot super sport 2s. They'll last you a while and are sticky as hell and also comfortable and low on road noise. There's a reason m cars and Porsche 911s use them pretty much exclusively. Slickdeals also has deals on ventus v12s for like 700 shipped and installed and those are pretty nice as well.

These are the opposite of " I wouldn't know good handling if it bit me in the rear end" tires. Plus, they have the same treadwear rating as the PZero and are like $40/ea more.

Great tires though.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, getting a good deal on a base GT350 is just not gonna happen. My old man has hit up pretty much every Ford dealer in the area because that's exactly what he wants, and I think none of them even have a base GT350.

This is what I'm looking for too, but yeah, not going to happen.

I guess Ford would rather have you buy a heavily discounted, loaded GT than pay MSRP for a base GT350.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

kimbo305 posted:

For normal wheels, yeah, the narrower the better. For when an 18" wheel won't clear your caliper, all you can hope for is to get the right tread compound and pattern on your tobaggan of a tire.

I think the whole narrow = better when it comes to snow tires is baloney. The logic is that the skinnier tire goes deeper into the snow, but that's just not correct. The 235s on my car car go just as deep in the snow as the 195s on my wife's car. Neither will touch pavement rolling over more than a few inches of fresh snow.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
See, but my experience is those factors don't matter in the real world. It might compact the snow slightly more with a wider tires, but the tread on snow tires is really deep and the compound has a grabby texture to it, like it's made of little claws. So there's really good traction even on compacted snow.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Tide posted:

AOD to 5sp

You took the bait. This is where frozenphil tells you that for $300, you can rebuild the auto to support like 900hp and shift in 9ms.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

PT6A posted:

I'm biased, but I think the 2010-2011 (2012?) models were the best in that generation. I'm not a big fan of the rear-end refresh they did. The 2015+ models looks way better, though.

Same here. The rear end looks even worse now that raxiom has "back-ported" those tail lights to the older generation models. I swear that every third S195 I see has those drat things, and they just look so awkward and out of place.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

PT6A posted:

Okay then, guess I'll be driving my 2011 until that comes out... I wasn't particularly tempted to upgrade anyway, and knowing (suspecting) something new is that close makes me even less tempted.

It's probably going to be a face lift. I wouldn't expect an entirely new platform.

Though, I'm still hoping for a 2.7 Ecoboost option.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

El Scotch posted:

I'm a V8 barbarian.

You and 95% of the Mustang demographic. The badge changes everyone's attitude towards the car.

Ford will probably have to kill the car off in order to drop the V8 without pissing everybody off.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
It was probably sitting in a parking lot or something.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Elephanthead posted:

Think how much better the auto would be if they would stop wasting resources making the stick.

Food seems like the only company that can't figure out the sporty automatic thing. The Z, Camaro, Vette, Genesis Coupe, and the 2/3/4 Series all have really good automatics and have for a number of years. Ford's just now where GM was in 2010.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
There are lots of reasons to hate Jalopnik, like their wanna-be Jeremy Clarkson writer, but at least most of it is entertaining.

Motor trend has a great online section, it's just lacking in content. Jalopnik has a pretty lively comment section and there's some good discussions on it.

Buhbuhj posted:

Mustang owners may possibly even be worse than Subaru drivers.

Subaru drivers have taken to lifting their WRXes. That's where my line is; they've turned the WRX into the new donk, and that's just unforgivable.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

kalvick posted:

That is why I document everything. An Easy fix on a salvage title?! I mean... seriously Come On!?

Either that's a fake post to drum up interest in his car, or he really did total it doing a burnout and now everyone he knows is giving him poo poo for it.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Auron posted:

Does anyone here daily drive their 2011-2014 GT's during the winter in the snow? I'm really curious how these cars perform with a good set of snow tires on.

They are pretty awesome in the snow with snow tires. They are pretty lovely on dry days with snow tires.

You won't get stuck in a blizzard and you can spin the tires at like 90mph when it's dry out.

I have iceGuard2s on mine and it's pretty miserable to drive because there is so little traction in the dry that I can't even keep up with pickup trucks through the corners. I'd recommend all seasons if you don't get too much snow.

oRenj9 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 15, 2016

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
Wait, I'm confused, you've heard that snow tires suck in the snow but are great on nice days? That would be the opposite of what I said. I'm not being snarky, it's possible I wasn't clear in my post.

I'm running Yokohama IceGuards, which are the well regarded tires. They are excellent in the snow, without question. They will go zero to way too fast for blizzard conditions in like 10 seconds in 6" of snow and will stop again without any drama.

The problem is on days when it's nice out. On those 40°, clear, and dry days, you want to drive your Mustang like a Mustang. And unfortunately, these things are awful in nice conditions. There's no traction past 5000 RPM in any gear and the car will understeer at 35mphs in corners I take casually at 55 on the factory P-Zeros.

Snow tires are as much a compromise as all-seasons -- you trade dry performance for ice and snow performance. Since I live in Ohio and can work from home, I don't think it's a worthwhile trade-off. We get maybe 3-4 serious snow storms a year and the roads are almost always clear by the next day. So I'll probably replace my snow tires with a reasonable touring tire when the time comes. But if you absolutely have to travel in any weather, a Mustang on snow tires is quite capable.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Cage posted:

There arent many reviews of your iceguard tire on tirerack, and two of the reviews mentioned them being not great in dry and wet conditions so I think it was just your tire.

They had a video review comparing a few different option in snow, ice and dry. Lemme see if I can find it.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/videoDisplay.jsp?ttid=193

Maybe I should get blizzaks next time.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
Judging from the number of "traded in my EB for this [picture of 5.0]" posts on Reddit, I give him 4 months.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

ilkhan posted:

Winner winner!

Grats, dude. What are the specs?

You said 16 GT. PP? Color? Trans? Other options? We want to know!

And price.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
I'm not sure I'd spring for the Recaros in a 2015+, since the factory seats feel pretty close to the same, just with slightly less aggressive bolstering.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Gwaihir posted:

That's my experience with BMW dealerships. One of them let me drive off with a 100k M6 with almost no thought, the Ford place in town really super didn't want to let me drive the Boss 302 at all.

BMW has awesome dealerships in this regard. I even came in wearing like jeans and a t-shirt and was able to take out a M235i by myself.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

kalvick posted:

Do daily driven cars with chains have a problem with stretching? I have never heard of that happening. I was always under the impression the chain will outlast the car.

As long as the tensioner and guides remain in good working order, yeah. Somehow Nissan found a way to screw those up.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

GutBomb posted:

I just test drove an ecoboost with a stick (still can't find a convertible with a stick and ecoboost unfortunately) and I'm in love.

The 'vert is worth waiting for.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Dinurth posted:

Well, at least you drive more than kalvick.

Is there really nothing better to talk about than the dude that treats his Mustang as La Petite Ferrari?

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Soooooo... Hybrid Mustang in 2020...

Hopefully it comes with the EBV6 too. For V8 torks, of course.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

vote_no posted:

Maybe, but I think getting a different car is the more cost effective option. I mean, would you buy a V6 Mustang and add $15-20k worth of stuff to it, or would you just buy a GT? If you really would consider the V6 route, then I'm all ears.

The stock GT handling isn't really any better than the V6. Maybe marginally better than the base V6 due to the slightly stiffer suspension, but it really isn't that noticeable.

Tires will make the biggest difference, get some 255s all around. You should be able to find some GT takeoffs for cheap.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Q_res posted:

The V6 Performance Package on that body style is equal to the GT suspension wise, and I was under the impression the Performance Pkg made a noticeable difference.

It does, but like 90% of the handing upgrade is due to tires. I have a 14 V6PP and it's great on the pirelli tires, but pretty awful/sketchy on my winter setup.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
Somehow, I always manage to land a V8 Mustang or Camaro when I rent one.

Of course, it's always in places where the traffic/cops/altitude suck.

quote:

you should get a GT350 because it makes for a great family cat.

Mew thread title please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Powershift posted:

They missed a trick not calling it grabber by the blue.

As my friend always thought it eluded to -- Grab 'er Bewb.