Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

About how long does it take for customer service to ship out missing parts? I bought the giant Super Star Destroyer the other day, and got to the last step of the first part of the build, only to find that I was missing one of these little guys:

I requested a replacement through the website, I just hope it doesn't take forever to get to me :(

Based on where it's going, no one would ever see or know if I kept going without it, but I would know, dammit!

Edit: Oh hey, it's the same piece that's on the for scale "regular" Star Destroyer. Borrowing it from that until replacements come, hooray!

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Dogen posted:

I think they're adding it later or something, I ordered it at the earliest possible moment and didn't get it, but yeah it's listed specifically on the cantina page as shipping out with the cantina for VIP orders.

edit: it's not listed anymore, did I really miss it? geez. It was listed as the promo on the cantina product page when I added to cart, but it didn't add to my cart.

I ordered one yesterday, the lightsaber was in my cart and was listed on my order confirmation page after I paid....then I got the "your order from LEGO" e-mail like two hours later and no lighsaber was listed. I e-mailed them about it but based on everything I've seen online I'm probably hosed. I can't remember them botching something like this before, but I could be wrong!

As far as fatigue, I don't really have it because I'm out of space to display sets so basically ever since the giant Millenium Falcon I've been buying sets and stashing them in my closet. One day I'll actually move into a place with enough room, ha.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Earth posted:

There's not much Star Wars I want, but man I want that Nebulon-B set. I need to pay close attention to how to get one so I can grab it.

I'm guessing it'll be like the Bespin Duel set? Since this was also supposed to be an event exclusive, hoping it'll just pop up on the LEGO.com store at some point.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

ElwoodCuse posted:

Lego has a marketing deal with Man United that goes past just the giant set, they have ads in the stadium and stuff too

I didn't know that and that sorta dashes my hopes of a Lego Anfield. Which is a shame, that Old Trafford set is pretty slick lookin'

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Sloppy posted:

The best one was LEGOS MEGATHREAD, such a good troll.

Do people buy/sell at all in this thread? I got sucked back in hard after a few years break and bought ~150lb of bulk over the past few weeks and will be shooting out a steady stream of old school space sets as I go through it trying to recoup some money.

I've also got some partial sets that I probably won't bother rebuilding (6075-2 big yellow castle and 7181 UCS Tie Interceptor) that I'd like to move along after I figure out what all is missing.

Depending on how "partial" that TIE set is, you may have piqued my interest there.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I'd rather have the '75 Mercury Marquis from Uncle Buck. Bonus points if they figure out how to rig the backfire in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPqPDdiiJIw

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

LEGO store probably puts stuff up at some dumb time like 3am EST don't they. I know in previous experience with Amazon they're generally "yeah it'll go up eventually" with no rhyme or reason on timing. Unless it's different with LEGO maybe?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

^^^yeah, what he said!^^^

Nebulon B is up!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/nebulon-b-frigate-77904

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 14, 2020

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Earth posted:

Looks like double points are running, but there's no freebies to go with it for online. Massively disappointing.

I just ordered the NES and got both the Dickens scene (over 150$) and the teal buildable brick (over 200$)

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

tomapot posted:

Hope to add the UCS one day.

What's what front one, set number wise? I guess I missed it, but I love the micro scene sets like that!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

veni veni veni posted:

It was a GWP last year

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/battle-of-endor-micro-build-40362

Sad I missed it. I have the Hoth and Death Star one but missed out on Endor.

Yeah same! I have the other two, I didn't even know Endor was a thing until tomapot's picture!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

omg chael crash posted:

Sorry, yeah. Here’s a quick and dirty screenshot of the list I was keeping. Anything red has been tentatively claimed by another goon, and ignore the prices — that was just so I know how deep in the hole I was.

Let me know if anyone wants anything at a pretty good goon discount. The only boxes I have are the two modulars and the batmobile. I’ll list out the actual set numbers tomorrow but everything was purchased this year from Amazon/Target/Lego store

Edit: wait I forgot I had that one in my closet already hahaha.

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 3, 2020

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I mean dude probably could've handled it better, but on the other hand, if I bought something and had a confirmed order, then got a message that said "oops I hosed up and priced things wrong", I'd be a little salty too.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I love Red Dwarf so I'd buy that Starbug set in an instant, but I doubt it passes the licensing test. Wallace and Gromit too.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Official LEGO Frasier Apartment

I'd rather have the bar from Cheers, but I'd buy that one too, ha

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

xzzy posted:

But does it get Coach or Woody? :colbert:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Nth Doctor posted:

I have no memory of it, but apparently I redeemed some VIP points at the end of November, and the discount expires this week. Ninjago Gardens is already arriving today so I guess... Ship in a Bottle. Happy Monday to me.

Maybe you ordered when they were doing half off a 20$ discount for black friday? I did, and your post reminded me that I need to use it soon, ha.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

The_Doctor posted:

May 4th promo set. Needs a couple of black dots for outside the homestead.

Oh hey this is neat and I have the others, shame there aren't any sets out that I want that I haven't gotten already....

Oh, nevermind, ha.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I've used rubbing alcohol before to great success, as well.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

The chamber isn't out until August, I think. I got the same sort of thing when I pre-ordered the probe droid a while back.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

tomapot posted:

Thanks, backordered meaning "not released yet" didn't really make sense.

You got it.

Looks like lego.com got a batch of R2-D2s in, my "immediately backordered" order from day of release is now showing "in warehouse" and my card was charged.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Where's my UCS AT-AT leak?!? :argh:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Lizard Combatant posted:

That's may actually be quite likely since the rumour mill at the moment is that the VIP gift with purchase is a Bob Sacamano polybag based on leaked images.

I dunno, an empty polybag isn't much of a GWP.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

deoju posted:

Citizenbrick did this a while ago, but it's not available on their site anymore.
https://warehouse19.se/en/citizen-brick/citizen-brick/citizen-brick-8-ball-jacket-torso/
Maybe if you email them about it they'll put it back into production.

A fimty kroner? How much is that?

edit: poo poo this is the LEGO thread not the Seinfeld thread. WORLDS ARE COLLIDING

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

The_Doctor posted:

Lego has apparently cancelled the Vidiyo line. Retailers are unable to order any more of the sets.

Finally more boxes for printed pieces!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

obi_ant posted:

Make sure that poo poo is tight, cause the fine dust that sticks to your sets is a *pain* to get off.

Speaking of dust, what's the best way to go about cleaning display sets that, uhhh, haven't been dusted for a while? Compressed air? Toothbrush? Crying?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Oh fine I guess I'll finally snag Barracuda Bay since it's retiring this year, put a gun to my head why don't ya. :argh:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

ranbo das posted:

So if I was going to buy Barracuda Bay from the lego store, I assume throwing in a keychain or something small would get me the sailboat as well? First time in about a decade I'm looking at buying a new set.

LEGO rounds up for GWP stuff, just Barracuda Bay alone would get you the sailboat too.

edit: that's for lego.com, not sure if you meant there or a physical store.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

The_Doctor posted:

That’s not true in the UK. I just put 2 items in my bag totalling £199.98 and it’s not added the sailboat.

Maybe it's just a penny of wiggle room then? I just did the same, 2 items in cart totaling 199.98$, no sailboat. Added Barracuda Bay at 199.99$, and got the sailboat.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Give me Anfield you cowards!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

RatHat posted:

At this rate in 2030 Lego will release a $2000 set with 30,000 pieces

And we’ll still buy it

Also it’ll be another Millennium Falcon

Just think of the VIP points!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

CodfishCartographer posted:

I think this should pose the question of whether or not this set needed to exist. I definitely like Lego having more LGBT representation, and Queer Eye is a popular LGBT series so it makes sense, but it doesn't seem like a particularly good fit for Lego imo. I'm not sure what a good alternative would be, maybe a Drag Race set with a wide variety of outfits and some encouragement to make your own? Though with minifigs that may be too limiting.

Joke answer: Billy in the Street set

FOR A DOLLAR NAME A LEGO SET

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I want it but I'm already out of display space and I don't even think I have the storage for the giant box for a "yeah I'll definitely have a LEGO room in my next apartment". :(

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

RatHat posted:

I'd like to see someone make a giant bottle out of Lego to put the Titanic in. It'd be incredibly fragile though

They'll go broke trying to buy enough of the 1x1 round transparent blue pieces for the water though!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Waltzing Along posted:

Look for literally every sticom ever made to have ideas submissions now.

I'd buy a Cheers set on day one!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

And I'll buy (almost) every single one of them :cheersbird:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Does it really have wheels on the bottom of the box or was that a joke?

Some/all(?) of the first run of UCS Millennium Falcon's that were bought in-store came in a box with wheels, wouldn't surprise me if they did it for Titanic too.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Quick someone sell me 36 Snowtroopers before everyone else not in this thread has the idea to load the fucker up.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Cojawfee posted:

Does anyone know how long it is taking for Lego to actually ship orders? I don't like how they create the label and email me the tracking number and then just don't do anything with it for four days.

I ordered the UCS AT-AT when it released at midnight last week and it showed up on Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

bird with big dick posted:

What do you do when every flat surface in your house is covered in lego except the living room which your wife has declared a no lego zone? Bigger shelves? Bigger house? Bigger wife? I have no idea where I'm going to put the 1989 batmobile and I got like 5 sets past that to figure out too

Comedy :sever: option

I'm in the same boat, space wise. At this point I have more sets in sealed boxes in my closet than I do built and displayed.

I need a bigger apartment.