Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It took 21 years but I finally finished Baldurs Gate. Onto my first playthrough ever of Baldur's Gate 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have been trying to play Ultima IX for the last few days, and I give up. The UI and controls are super terrible. If there was a way to modernize these two things, and fix the crashing issues, this could be a really good RPG in my opinion. I like the gameworld and atmosphere a lot, but trying to get through it is a gigantic chore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Colonel posted:

https://files.catbox.moe/7l5sal.mp4

i've decided dirge of cerberus is ok

lol maybe square-enix will remaster this game someday and fix up many if not all of the issues with it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tales of Arise being on Xbox Game Pass at launch would be extremely cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tunicate posted:

Oh, some people were reading that post as a joke. It wasn't.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1650950/RPG_Maker_Unite/

I wonder if I can make a first person RPG with this. The previous iterations of RPG Maker from what I saw when researching it, made this impossible though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nighteyedie posted:

Suikoden 4 is actually pretty alright if you use a cheat to turn off random encounters.

Is there a way to do this for PS2 games on PCSX2?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It sucks because Cross World is actually a pretty good RPG otherwise, but it is forever tainted now by NFTs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BabyRyoga posted:

Waiting for Xenoblade 3

I really want this game already, it cant come soon enough.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mycot posted:

Does anyone remember the Ni no Kuni mobile game that was relentlessly advertised a few months ago? Well apparently this is how it's doing

https://twitter.com/HD_Kirin/status/1537635279686672384

Been playing Ni no Kuni Mobile since its release, because I am a god drat fool, so I can comment a bit on this; What Netmarble ended up doing was opening new servers, I am unsure if the bots all went over to those new servers, but I am playing on one of the launch day servers and have had no problems for awhile now. I've also never seen the login queue bypass actually available in the cash shop, I don't think it ever actually became available.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

I don't follow Rune Factory, so I didn't know there was a new one out this year.

To be fair Rune Factory 5 came out last year, but exclusively for Switch, and that version performed really badly. The PC version just very recently came out though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

There's also a new valkyrie profile

I'm really excited for this game. It looks really good the more of it that gets shown.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Junpei posted:

what about space pirate RPG

Rogue Galaxy :hai:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

how many lesbian elf games were discuss at this direct

All of them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did anyone else pick up Diofield Chronicle?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been playing Valkyrie Elysium on PS5 and haven't had any problems that I have noticed. Diofield I completed on PC, so can't comment there, and Star Ocean 6 I am planning on getting on PC too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Star Ocean Divine Force, do you eventually get a fast travel? The backtracking to other locations multiple times in the first few hours of the game gets old really fast.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

avoraciopoctules posted:

Maaaaybe White Knight Chronicles, judging by the LP.

White Knight Chronicles is my favorite PlayStation 3 game! Xenoblade Chronicles 3 replaces it for me though (the two games have a lot of similarities), but there's no other JRPG that quite has the style and unique gameplay of WKC. I really wish it would get remastered for modern consoles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress yeah this movie was really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am having a brain worm moment right now, I am so sorry in advance, but how do your fast travel in Star Ocean Divine Force?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Soul Hackers 2 patch is out, its a huge QoL improvement and fixes the astonishingly hilarious loading problem on modern consoles/pc. It does not fix the very stupid decision to lock character stories/side content behind NG+

Of course after I already finished the game!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How is SD GUNDAM G GENERATION CROSS RAYS?

I see little info on the actual page

I really wish it didn’t use the chibi art style. I know that is a key feature of the series, but it doesn’t look right to me with Gundam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I love the Disgaea series. It's my favorite SRPG franchise. I don't care that it's mostly the same game over and over again. I even play the stupid mobile game every single day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rascyc posted:

The Game of Thrones TV series did a lot of work for Witcher 2's hype

I am surprised at how few Game of Throne video games we have gotten. All of them are bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish Nintendo would just be cool and release their games on PlayStation as well or something. So many of these Switch exclusives deserve better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Prism posted:

Assuming I'm just sticking to JRPGs, all the Suikoden mainline games except 4 (they have 6 party members). Every Wizardry game also has at least 6, as do many dungeon crawlers derived from Wizardry.

More games need to this. Not too many modern day RPGs are doing it. Baldur's Gate series as well does like 5 party members, sometimes 6.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Playing Chrono Cross remaster finally.

Despite having beaten this game like 20 times I never got Poshul in home prior to this playthrough and I could not stop laughing when they get kicked off a cliff early on to remove them from a cutscene.

This is on my list of games to play in the near future now that Square has finally fixed the issues with the remaster. I've never played Chrono Cross before, but Chrono Trigger is my favorite video game of all time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll play Starfield because it's an rpg in space

Also on gamepass so

RPG in space makes my lizard brain go brrrrrrrrrrr so I have been excited for this for quite sometime.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So does this answer why Donald is such a bad healer?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Colonel posted:

the biggest praise i've heard for ps4 sakura wars is that it could have been a decent launching point for a new series that could've fixed its design issues and it has some fun characters in it but that the action gameplay shift was a huge detriment and it's not as good as the older ones overall

I still really enjoyed Sakura Wars a lot. I have the original Sega Saturn game but have never played that, I really should though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's probably going to be the club game for May. I've decided. It's time.

Thank you! That is the motivation I needed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao how horny is this game that it is banned from Steam? So I am confused then, where will you be able to buy this game? Is it going to be on GOG, Epic Games?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Clarste posted:

IIRC it's a game where all the monsters are either fruit or naked monster girls. By fruit I mean actual apples and grapes and stuff.

I was just watching gameplay of the vita version, and you are not joking, some of the enemies were literal bananas wearing sunglasses. How puzzle heavy is the dungeon crawling?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I still have my Vita, so am tempted to buy the Vita version of these games to play them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does anyone else remember the game GranBlue Fantasy Relink? It is supposedly still coming out after being stuck in development hell for almost the entirely of the PlayStation 4 life. On top of that, new gameplay footage is finally revealed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIUGjL9zNhE

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game really doesn't look good? But I am sold on the soundtrack.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

Is it at all concerning that Nintendo's page for front mission 2 still hasn't updated to allow pre ordering almost a month from release?

Square-Enix is the publisher, so not really. I can't even remember if Front Mission 1 Remake was ever up for pre-order.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Having beaten Deadfire several times, I can never go back to the original Baldur's Gates. 2nd Edition was simply the worst and those games accurately adapted flaw of the ruleset.

Deadfire is extremely good. One of my favorite CRPGs ever, which is why I am so god drat impatient for Avowed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

If i ever replay nwn2 im gonna count how many orcs you kill because im almost positive itd reach 4 digits

Which expansion is your favorite?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

catgirlgenius posted:

the genre should just have copied FF12 as much as possible the moment that came out

Finally, someone who understands me, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like real time with pausing because it feels like a good middle ground between real time being too fast for me to keep up with, and turn based feeling too slow to me. My lizard brain has a difficult time with a lot of the traditional combat mechanics of RPGs.