Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

pear into peaches

Admittedly, I am biased in my opinion of SO2 since it was my favorite game of all time for like 15 years before being dethroned by Rune Factory 4. There is something seriously magic about it, though. Everything from the goofy characters, to the nonsensical battle voiceovers, the emotional music cues... it hits that sweet spot between totally campy and overly serious in the same way that Lunar, Grandia I, Skies of Arcadia etc. do, in my opinion

Well, since you're comparing it to Grandia 1, I have to try it out. I mentioned in a few pages ago how I thought Grandia 1 was better than Grandia 2 for it's tone, 2 became more serious and lost the magic and charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

If you're gonna play a Tri-Ace game for the story make it Valkyrie Profile.

Hey, it's the person that recommended I try Nier, my favorite RPG that I've played in the last 10 years. A game I recommend to others all the time now. Valkyrie Profile it is.

My backlog is expanding exponentially.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

A bigger problem than the marketing for Earthbound were the reviews.

Gamepro didn't get it at all. http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/03/gamepros-earthbound-review/

quote:

“The lack of a convincing story line and the dull NES clone graphics (The game is a port over of an 8-bit Japanese Famicon title) will make serious RPG fans a little cautious about approaching Earthbound.”

“Earthbound can be amusing if you know where to look for the funny parts. Otherwise, the humor is too mature for little kids, and the gameplay is too immature for older gamers.”

Game Players gave it a 69%.

Even in Nintendo Power, only 2 of the 6 editors gave it their seal of approval. (None of the editors that was listed as liking RPGs) Prehistorik Man got 4 seals of approval.

NP's review was okay. They only played up the humor though and never treated it like it was something great. It was enough for me to rent the game (and fall in love with it) but not buy it. With what NP said about Chrono Trigger, I had to be there on day one at the store to get it. They said CT would set the new standard and that it improved upon Final Fantasy in every area and it would make us wonder how we were ever happy with those other RPGs.

http://earthboundcentral.com/2010/03/earthbound-in-nintendo-power-73/ vs https://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Nintendo_Power_Coverage.html

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Sharla is really stupid. I was dying over and over on the Dark Kisling bat fight at the Ether cave. About 30 times in a row. Sharla kept dying before I could even get a block to revive her. I asked online about what to do and someone told me to try playing as Sharla. I did so and guess what? The fight became easy.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Nier has the best soundtrack. And unlike other games that you can say are worth playing just for the music like FF Mystic Quest and Chrono Cross, the rest of this game is actually great too. Best JRPG of the Xbox360/PS3/Wii generation.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Codiekitty posted:

I dunno, depends on context, I guess. I wasn't sure if he meant "garish" or "surprising" (i.e. "well, as bad as the game is, the graphics are surprisingly decent").

Anyway, I need a PSX RPG. Here's what I have with me right now:

Brave Fencer Musashi
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy Tactics
Kartia: The Word of Fate
The Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Legaia
Parasite Eve
Persona Revelations
Rhapsody A Musical Adventure
Star Ocean II
Suikoden
Valkyrie Profile
Wild Arms
Xenogears

If anyone wants to help me decide what to play, shout out one of the titles and I'll compile the first four unique ones into a list, then let a D4 make the final choice.

Xenogears then Final Fantasy 9

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Codiekitty posted:

poo poo, sorry, I missed that you put Musashi at the end there, I just saw "FF9" and moved on. Well, like I said, when (hopefully not "if", the second disc is going to have to suck something fierce for me to bail on it) I finish Xenogears I'll do another toss for those other four.

EDIT: Actually, I'll just go straight to BFM after Xenogears (A) since it would have won if I'd stopped to read, and (B) as an apology for my not being able to read.

The second disc of Xenogears is my favorite part of Xenogears. It's the best part if you're into it for the story, as I was. I've gone back and replayed just the second disc before. Just be ready for it to be mostly text. I think it may help to consider Disc 1 the game of Xenogears and Disc 2 to be just a really nice 10 hour long ending. After Disc 1, the game is over. Disc 2 is your reward. The best RPG reward ever.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Which characters work best with you controlling them rather than the AI in Xenoblade?

Sharla is useless in any tough fight with her AI. Battles go from frustrating and impossible to easy just by taking control of her.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

1. Xenogears
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Nier
4. Dragon Quest 8
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Earthbound
7. Dragon Quest V
8. Mother 3
9. Grandia
10. Final Fantasy 4

I grew up with NES to Playstation. I haven't played a whole lot of RPGs after the PS2. And I'm still stuck in the 90s on the new games I play because up next on my play list is to finish FF9, play Suikoden 2 and Star Ocean 2.

I recognize zero games in the post above mine.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 31, 2015

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

arisu posted:

1. Persona 4 Golden
2. Fallout New Vegas
3. Xenogears
4. Final Fantasy IX
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Final Fantasy VI
7. South Park: Stick of Truth
8. Final Fantasy IV
9. Secret of Mana
10. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

All 7 of the 10 games I played on this list are awesome. So I should try Persona 4? What's so good about it? All I know is high school, which isn't appealing.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

I'm playing Lost Odyssey and Skyrim for the first time. I like them a lot. Skyrim is like a Dark Souls that is actually fun and isn't trying to torture the player. I love the freedom in Skryim. It brings back feelings of the original Zelda - my favorite Zelda in the Zelda series for being the one most focused on exploring.

But Lost Odyssey is the one I'm really impressed with. So far 10 hours in, it feels like what Final Fantasy 13 should have been. It resembles a modernized FF6 and FF9 way more than FF13. Similar setting, similar style of battles, terrific blend of humor and seriousness, good music, fun likeable characters. I'm surprised at how excellent and compelling I'm finding the writing to be. The only reason I bought this was because I was told it had an older cast. I wasn't really expecting much since I don't hear it talked about often. Anybody who was disappointed in FF13 and was looking for something more along the lines of FF6, FF9, and FFX should check this out if they haven't. Also, anybody who loved the text sequences from Nier should get this.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

WrightOfWay posted:

Jansen is great. That's my Lost Odyssey opinion.

I just got to a part where one of the kids gets possessed by a demon. Jansen's response: "Wow, puberty's weird." PSX era FF never had a character this good.

Seth is great too because she's voiced by Rikku.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

I liked Lost Odyssey but it definitely had a bunch of problems. Battles took forever sometimes and the load times were awful. It felt really slow for the first half of the game and then from around the end of disc 2 to disc 4 the game is fantastic.

The funeral minigame was a dumb idea.

I finished LISA....that was insanely hosed up.

Golden Goat posted:

I had it installed when I played and on the larger enemy formations (worst case scenario) it took about 15 seconds to load the fight. Installing it helps but fights already took a bit too long to finish.

Maybe this is because I'm playing FF9 at the same time, but reading this my thought is "What loading time?" Of the three games I'm playing, LO, Skyrim, and FF9, LO is the only one that isn't bothering me with it's loading time.

FF9 also had a lovely villain (Kuja makes Seymour look good) and lovely minigames. I'd do the funeral game 10 times over the candle puzzle in the desert palace or the finding the 5 story pieces for Ramuh game or the Cid sneaking in a room and getting a key while avoiding the gaze of a monster game.

Speaking of, I just did the Desert Palace in FF9 yesterday. I have to talk a bit about that. That might be my least favorite area of any RPG. I missed lighting a candle and had to go back and forth over the whole area to find it. I didn't see another object I was supposed to light so I went over the area again searching for what to do. The encounter rate is far too high and the battles are far too slow (even with the speed set to high) to make us do these lovely puzzle dungeons. I had Garnet and Eiko in my party and all they could do offensively was summon. Talk about battles taking forever. All I want to do is flee because I'm tired of battles but I don't have Zidane so I don't have the flee ability. I tried to run the normal way and it just wouldn't let me do it. I held down L and R for about 2 minutes, with nothing happening, then I eventually gave up and learned never to try to run again.

Can we all agree that LO is far better than FF9 at least? FF9 does have heart and humor but LO undoubtedly has that, along with the excellent dream sequences. I'd put the first disk of LO (the only one I finished - I'm just starting the second) over the PSX era FFs and about on par with FF6.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Codiekitty posted:

Well, this makes me optimistic.

I was hoping that meant you were about to play LO. But you're playing FF9? If you had problems on disc 1, disc 3 is going to be pure hell. The encounter rate and slow battles didn't even bother me until disc 2. Because disc 1 is all linear. Wait until you're trying to figure out where to go in the overworld, you're looking for 5 pieces Ramuh wants you to search for, and you're doing the puzzle dungeons.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Nakar posted:

Amusingly, they tell you almost nothing useful about Kaim and nearly all the ones about him are pointless but the ones about Seth are actually at least sort of useful backstory for two of the game's characters.

I think they tell you an incredibly lot about him, mostly that he's a decent thoughtful and caring person since for the first 10 hours you just see him as cold and distant. The first story with Hanna where you get to see how much the little sick girl means to him, how seeing her and telling her stories was the only thing that made him happy, was the first time I ever cared about Kaim. Then you see the stories of how he convinced a man to stay at home with his wife and child rather than join him; he could have just refused the guy but instead he made the man come to the decision himself. Then there's the story of how Kaim couldn't stop beating up Alex for breaking his promise to make his wife happy. Then there's the one where you see Kaim pretend to be the brother of a senile grandmother to comfort her before she dies.

Skipping these stories is unimaginable to me. It's clearly the best part of the game. Can you even like Kaim if you skip them?

On the other hand, I didn't like the last few hours I played of LO. It's turning into FF9. There's puzzle dungeons and the battles are starting to last a long time. Now that I have five characters, the enemy groups have to be larger too, and everyone has to take a separate turn. It would be so much better if everyone attacked at the same time like Suikoden or Grandia.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Nakar posted:

My point is more that I can't see the Kaim of the stories and the Kaim of the main game as the same character, so all the backstory falls flat because he never really gets enough of an opportunity to express some of the attitudes he has allegedly come to develop over his long life. And yes there's the whole amnesia angle or whatever but that angle is stupid and just makes him seem like an entirely different person.

Well the first dream sequence presents him as a depressed alcoholic who wants to forget his memories. That goes along with him in the game saying that he doesn't think he wants those memories back. In that first dream, talking to Hanna was the only thing that made him happy and then that was gone. I could understand how 1000 years of that could change a person. Most recently, he lost his daughter. When he sees Lirium again, he totally starts to act more like the Kaim in the dreams. Especially when he tells the kids it's not necessarily a good thing to live forever. That's exactly what he thinks in the dreams.

Dragonatrix posted:

I dunno about anyone else, but this says more about how loving awful LO is than how good the 1000 Years of Dreams or whatever may be. If the best part of the game is a giant wall of text, you might as well just google transcripts of them rather than put up with a bad game for absolutely no gain or enjoyment. :shrug:

If everything outside of the dreams was a bad, you would have a point and you might as well just read a transcript. That's not the case. It's a very good game (As of the middle of disc 2), the giant walls of text just happen to be the best part.

Codiekitty posted:

Eh, I'm not sure I'd call my opinion of FF9 "negative" yet, I just get worn down by the sluggish, way-too-frequent battles. Although Ramuh's story being a reference to Final Fantasy 2 was kind of cute.

Besides, this is nothing compared to some other RPGs I've trudged through.

Make sure your battle speed in the config is set to high. It helps a little. Use Zidane's flee ability often. I usually run from every other battle as a way of protesting the game's high encounter rate. "No, I'm not going to fight a battle here you dumb game. I just fought a battle 4 loving steps ago."

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 18, 2015

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

In Suikoden 2, where are you supposed to go in the beginning right after Viktor tells you to go recruit people? I searched the world and found 3 people. I've made it as far left as Greenhill and the forest village.

I'm not liking this aimless wandering. It's a slow start compared to Suikoden 1.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

So I have 6 games to go before I have to worry about this but I figure I might as well get it out of the way.

I'm a quest to beat Dragon Quest (the numbered ones anyhow) and I'm curious, are DQVII's problems translation or inherent in the game? Like, will i be able to understand what's going on or is it Wild Arms 2 levels of craziness? (then again, WA2 was crazy all on its own and the localization only worsened this, or so I hear)

As a child of the same era as Xenogears and Chrono Cross, I can picture it being weird all on its own, regardless of translation issues.

DQVII has an excellent translation. It honestly has my favorite dialogue in the series and I thought it was one of the most well written games on PS1.

DQVII's problems were that it was just too drat long, collecting shards are a pain in the rear end, and the job system blows. It takes too many battles to get skills. I had to grind a lot by the end.

Some hate DQVII's slow start and that it takes over 2 hours to get to your first battle. I love that. I thought it was a refreshing different take to start off with everything completely at peace.

What a huge project. DQVII alone is over 100 hours. Not that they're not worth it, but that could take a year. Do you realize what you're getting into?

I remember that you value story over everything else. In that case, I should tell you that the stories begin to get good at IV. 1-3 are bare-bones. IMO you can start at IV and lose nothing. It's not like Final Fantasy where each game is drastically different. IV is a much better (and less grindy) version of 1-3.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 28, 2015

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

I do value story and characters over everything else. Which is probably why, for a new JRPG franchise to sink my teeth into, I could do a lot better by going for SMT or whatever. But Dragon Quest has kind of...ensnared me. I'm the kind of guy who, when he has a thought in his head, he does it. I might regret it later but it's what I want to do now so it's gonna get done.

For games like DQI-III, I'm not expecting too much in terms of story. There is such a thing as making allowances. It's why I honestly enjoyed Final Fantasy II. You have to recognize these games are old, pioneers in their genre, and naturally they hadn't ironed out all the kinks yet. I just want to beat I-III for completion's sake.

I have heard III is actually a fan favorite as it introduces the Job system or whatever. Although I have also heard that DQ II is by far the hardest game in the series as it's full of just plain bullshit, and if I can beat it, I need not fear any other game in the series.

It's good to hear some praise for DQVII though. The Playstation is my favorite console ever, even if some of that is nostalgia. DQ VII comes from the same generation as Xenogears and Chrono Cross and I expect to enjoy it. Maybe not as much as those games but I expect it to be interesting, if nothing else.

DQVII is actually well liked even though it is more polarizing than the others. If it wasn't, you wouldn't have so many upset at the news that it wasn't coming here. It's like how Xenogears and Chrono Chross are well liked, but some people really hate them. (I really hate CC)

Gameplay-first people love DQ3 for its job system. But I'm like you. Story is first. I need it to care about what I'm doing. So for me, DQ3 is one of my least favorite because you buy your characters in a shop. There's no connection. Even when I was 9 years old playing it for the first time in 1991, I was let down that the characters didn't have any back stories. I also feel 2 had better music.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

I just realized last night on Disc 3 of Lost Odyssey that the game has a run button. drat. 27 hours in.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

On the cover of Radiant Historia, I see anime children.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Endorph posted:

im very sorry to be the one to inform you of this, codiekitty. it's okay. you can work through this, just like Cloud Strife worked through his brain being broke.

No, he's right and you're wrong.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Arguing over Aeris's name is now a universal constant.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

The only game I consider truly great on that list is Xenogears. FF9 would be great except I think the gameplay is really bad and not fun. Lunar's battles and dungeons are also repetitive and tedious. I think Grandia does the same type of thing (light hearted humorous kids going on an adventure story) as Lunar but does it better. Chrono Cross only has visuals and music going for it. Vagrant Story was a chore for me, best summed up by this review. http://www.somethingawful.com/game-reviews/vagrant-story-psx/1/

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 4, 2015

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Irvine's not as sexist as Zidane grabbing Garnet's rear end and going "Ooh soft".

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Nakar posted:

Zidane is actually a terrible person, but not because he's sexist. He's a terrible person because he's a huge hypocrite, which Amarant points out but everyone ignores him because nobody gives a poo poo about Amarant.

It really rubbed me the wrong way in the beginning when Garnet is about to be eaten by a plant and Zidane is joking with his buddies about not needing a love potion to score with her. He then calls someone jealous because he's about to "get a sweetie pie." I was thinking what the gently caress is wrong with you, Zidane?

Tidus was a better FF lead.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

boz posted:

I'm about to start Nier on the 360 after hearing good things about it, anything I should be wary of going in? I seem to remember something about a fishing quest?

When the fishing side quest starts, look on your radar to see where to fish. One idiot reviewer didn't do that and had a bad time.

Don't do any side quests unless you want to do them, like to help a person out or maybe it sounds like it'll be either fun or easy. If someone says to go around collecting ten items, forget about that person and never talk to them again.

some bust on that guy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 8, 2015

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Nakar posted:

Most SRPGs seem exceptionally broken by one thing or another. Everyone loved FFT but it's tough to keep up the lie that it has any degree of difficulty.

What? I'm replaying FFT for the third time and I still die about twice every other battle. Even after I got Orlandu, I'm running into Ninjas that use stop bracelet every turn resulting in instant death and monsters that cast bio causing the entire party to be petrified or turned to frogs. Right now, I'm at Murond Death City on a battle with dragons. One dragon will kill Orlandu in a single turn using Triple Flame which takes away 2x his HP. Once that happens, I can never get Raise 2 off. Ramza is killed with two gunshots.

Maybe it's not hard if you grind or are an expert at it.

By the way, has any good strategy RPGs come out since FFT?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Endorph posted:

*clears throat*

fire emblem: thracia 776
fire emblem: binding blade
fire emblem: blazing sword
fire emblem: sacred stones
fire emblem: path of radiance
fire emblem: radiant dawn
fire emblem: heroes of light and shadow
fire emblem: awakening
disgaea
disgaea 2
disgaea 4
disgaea d2
soul nomad & the world eaters
jeanne d'arc
valkyrie profile: covenant of the plume
final fantasy tactics advance
final fantasy tactics advance a2
devil survivor
devil survivor 2
shining force: resurrection of dark dragon
yggdra union
too many decent super robot wars games to list

That's a lot of names. What's the best one?

Also, I don't have any portable systems. So best one that's not for a portable.

I really hate that particular anime style and humor of Disgaea. I tried it for a few hours and it wasn't doing much for me. I'd rather something like FFT and Vandal Hearts. I've never played Tactics Ogre. I was thinking about trying that.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Endorph posted:

play all of them, and also gently caress you

That would take 10 years. I'm not a fanatic or crazy person. I just want one name. I just like FFT and Vandal Hearts and want to play something else like that. (Something non-portable and non-Disgaea)

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Should I buy Vagrant Story

Do you like spending a lot of time crafting weapons and armor using a very complex obtuse system? Do you like dungeon crawlers where the whole game takes place in one dungeon? If so, you should buy it. (Should also commit yourself to a mental hospital)

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Endorph posted:

someone asked for recommendations in the rpg thread? time to shitpost all over each other to prove our godawful opinions are right

That's okay if everyone poo poo all over each other while posting reasons their godawful opinions are right. But it's been just a bunch of names, this game is good, this game is not good, etc.. You guys suck. The last page and this page is useless to anybody.

Except for two posts about Jeanne D'Arc.

What's good or what's not good about Fire Emblem?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

MockingQuantum posted:

In defense of the shitposting, you only asked whether there were any good SRPGs since FFT. So it's not surprising that people gave you a list since it wasn't a very specific question.

What did you like about FFT? What didn't you like? That would give people a lot better information on which to recommend a game.

I just like that it was a well made quality game. I want another quality SRPG. It doesn't have to be anything like FFT or good at the same things. FFT had good music, an interesting compelling political story and characters (at least two with Delita and Algus), battles that were never boring because they constantly tested you in different ways, it was made with a lot of care and effort. A good SRPG in my mind should have good music, good story, good gameplay, and be interesting.

I can't remember who here has good opinions and bad opinions, so I don't know what to do with just names. :)

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Cake Attack posted:

it's me, I have the good opinions

We'll see about that. What did you think of Xenogears?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

WaltherFeng posted:

So, Lost Odyssey, is the writing terrible? I haven't played a proper RPG in ages and I completely ignored this one when it came out. These days I just can't stand a huge game if the narrative isn't interesting.

If you would like proof that LO has great writing, you can look up Hanna's Departure on youtube. It's from the first town and the first few hours so it's not a huge spoiler.

That said, I began to get really sick of the battles at the beginning of the 2nd disc. They take a while. The voice acting saying the same lines at the beginning and end of each battle drives me crazy. I'm having the same issue with the one hour I played of Valkyrie Profile recently. Only in VP it's worse because they say a sentence after every battle move. I don't know how I can take a whole game with those voices.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Highschool anime drama is why I still haven't played Persona 4. Yet it always shows up on best lists. It doesn't seem like it should be possible.

Overminty posted:

The kids in LO were annoying as gently caress.

Yes, they were. I made a post of glowing praise for the game back a few weeks ago when I was on the first 10 hours. Unfortunately, I think don't think it's been anywhere near as good since the kids showed up.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Hmm... Tactics Ogre is a rather ugly looking and sounding game. It's very dull. Especially coming after a FFT replay. I hate the sound of the text scroll and going through icons. I think I'll do something else.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

It was originally a SNES game.

16 bit games don't look ugly though. Shining Force 2 looks fun and colorful. Tactics Ogre is bland and unappealing.

vs

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Rascyc posted:

Yeah that's not a tech limitation. Tactics Ogre was always going for the grim atmosphere so it's going to use the more earthly palette.
As much as I love Shining Force 2, it literally is a Saturday Morning Cartoon.

Can't you have grim without everything looking like it's near the same color? The characters don't stand out on the map. It all blends in.

Let's talk about how awesome Vandal Hearts's use of color was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

I love Vandal Hearts to death but it looked like poo poo even when it first came out.

Those blood spurts will never not be hilarious to me.

Of course they're hilarious.

I'm surprised at the responses. I thought people would see pixilated blood fountains as charming old school.

VH looks as bad as almost any 1996 PS1 game but I think VH's visuals are bad in a funny entertaining way rather than bad in a bland put you to sleep way. I was thinking about how colorful VH was while I was trying out TO and it really made me wish I was playing VH.