Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Copyright take down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Maybe that is the final donation they need to finally break ground on the project. ...Right?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Dmitri-9 posted:

Is Artie's podcast generally good? I am listening to the latest one and I kinda like just listening to him bullshit and free associate.

I was a subscriber to his podcast from the start for about a year. It was fun, but it just got old and often times lacked effort. After a while I noticed a had a full month of back episodes on my phone and cancelled. Haven't listened since except for the rant about Howard a month back.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Howard lives in the Millennium Tower which is on the opposite side of Central Park from Trump Tower. ...And he has a mansion in the Hamptons and a mansion in Palm Beach, FL. He's got a bit of cash.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
NO! I DON'T GET TOPLESS

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

I wonder what was going through Howard's mind when he was watching the premiere of Beer League?

Beer League sucked poo poo, it's fuckin terrible. You know it, it was a flop, it was in 18 theatres, it made 250 grand in America, I COULD poo poo THAT OUT OF MY rear end!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Glad to see I am not alone. The original idea of a one off Lenny/Ronnie creep-a-thon sounded like it could be... interesting, but since then the show has completely used up the tiny value he had 100x over.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
These lists are also missing the two great Scott the Engineer bits: the pushup competition and the anal pay-per-view special.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Yucko vs Artie is entertaining, but that is the worst of Artie's weird insecurity where he boasts about his success to a struggling comic he is mad at. The only funny part of that was the story of Yucko making fun of Gary's pitch until Gary calls and cusses him out with neither one knowing who the other is. "The only thing you can throw is your mother into a nursing home."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

Does Private Parts still hold up?

I watched it a year ago and... meh. I enjoyed it when it came out and it still has some funny stuff, but it is definitely Howard celebrating himself and the "heartfelt" ending about his devotion to his wife is pretty funny given what happened shortly after the film released.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
You guys are totally wrong. Artie has a lot of respect for broads...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

I'll be honest, I kinda want Howard off the air already so the impetus to keep flagging clips basically disappears. We'll have our own Howard 360 on Youtube the day the show ends.

Howard's content, both satellite and what was bought of his archives, belong to SiriusXM. Once Howard retires, Sirius will definitely just run a 24/7 Sternthology for many years to come.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Smeep posted:

I feel like it came up somewhat recently, maybe it was part of a Sal pack?

It was on Sternthology last week. Classic Sal bit. I love when he takes a shot at Michael Buble for not having his own style then goes back to his horrible, karaoke style crooner songs.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Seriously? He hasn't been on the show in a while. drat

Edit: TMZ confirmed with the NYPD
http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/12/23/howard-stern-joey-boots-dead-wack-pack/

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 24, 2016

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Coheed and Camembert posted:

High Pitch was living with Boots for a while, right?

They lived in the same building, which sounds like some sort of "adult home". They just joked on the show that Boots was a high roller because he even had a toilet in his room... that was a few feet from the bed with no walls.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I thought boots was moving out because he inherited a bunch of money. Maybe it was a bit, but otherwise high pitch probably killed him.

Turned out it wasn't that much money and he quickly learned how much it costs to buy a condo in NYC, so he stayed put.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Squashy Nipples posted:

I signed up for a free month because I miss the live show, but of course, he is still in reruns today.

Yeah, it's a rip off for Stern fans right now. They aren't even putting the content they are airing on demand.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

Link? All I find is some lovely rapper.

Cool the Candy Rapper, I'll unwrap you.
Then I'll eat you like a Kit Kat woo hoo.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

lol now I'm reminded of one of the very early Sirius shows where Howard sent Gary back to his apartment to make sure he didn't leave his tissue (cum rag) on the night stand for the cleaning woman to find.

When people goofed on Gary for it, his response was that he didn't go back because he HAD to do it, it went because he WANTED to do it.... wha?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Listening to the Boots segment from today. The really interesting stuff is that rear end-napkin is a piece of poo poo and that High Pitch had to be bribed $50 and a pizza to check on Boots...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

euphronius posted:

Why would anyone work in radio.

Seriously. When I was in college I did one semester on the college radio station for the fun of it and to meet new people. The radio station had no range and thus no listener base, but the kids working on it took it hilariously seriously. There was so much drama among the people "working" there it was insane. One day they got the afternoon DJ from the local rock station to come in and give a talk and half of the audience rushed the stage to meet him like he was a huge star. I'm sure once that ended he hopped back in his beat up old Camaro and rushed back to the station so he wouldn't be fired from his $30k/year job he worked 20 years to get...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

an adult beverage posted:

I'm in Oregon does Gary still work at Burgerville? Does he even call in anymore?

Yup, though I think he just cleans up the parking lot one night a week (Wednesday)? He doesn't call in a bunch, but he is on the show about once a year. I assume he will be at "The Gathering".

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Hugh..... Jasooooole

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Too bad they only do audiobook stuff now when it is a member of their staff. It must be due to Dolly Parton trying to sue them over what they did to her book. "Kenny Rodgers' beard smells like boy cum."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

haljordan posted:

Hah, how can you sue over that?

She threatened to sue for defamation over one that said "drat I love n****r cock!" After that, they never played it again (or pretty much any other edited audiobook clip that was not a staff member).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Pretty sure Scott is a health thing. They mentioned a week or two back that he was "not in today" and obviously missed the death pool, so I think he has been out since the break. Last year there was a conversation (can't remember about what) and he mentioned he could use extra cash due to health issues in his household. Howard said he knew what Scott was talking about, but they dropped it there.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

That Ronnie the Limo Driver hypnotism sketch had me loving rolling. I really want to believe it was real and that Ronnie's gonna be uber pissed off about it. Someone help me out and tell me it wasn't a set up.

NPH came in right after and said he thinks it is fake and Howard defended it fully. I'm a skeptic too, but there is no way Ronnie is that good of an actor or would let himself consciously talk about what he did. I for one want happy Ronnie to be a full time studio personality.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Sal has calmed down, so I bet he could get a writing gig. Nothing like Kimmel or anything, but I could see him writing on Adult Swim shows and the like. Ronnie said last week he will retire when the show ends. Really it is the back office folks that don't have the history on the air that will be kinda screwed.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
What a pompous, stuffy looking piece of sh.... oh drat that game room is bad rear end.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I would much rather see John the Stutterer run for office...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

haljordan posted:

I...I....I.....I.....I....I...I....will be your next senator

You f....f...f....f....f....f...f.....loving George...George Bush rear end.....asss....s.s...s...s.....s...s... rear end in a top hat I hope you die, yeah.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Haven't seen it mentioned, but I just finished listening to yesterday's show and Sour Shoes semi-explained why he went missing (in voices). Turns out he was able to track down the phone number to the Clinton home and managed to eventually reach Bill Clinton. The Secret Service ended up coming in to investigate him and while that cleared up, his parents were obviously pissed and put tight controls over when and how he could use the phone. Seeing as how he still hangs up randomly, something tells me they are still tracking him and he needs to dump the calls when he thinks they might be coming...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

(wheeze, cough, fake laugh)

Walk to Schenectady in a weekend... but seriously, I do want to hear this...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Anyone have a link to the Artie podcast?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm pretty sure the Ralph stealing $100 thing made it on Stern when it happened, but I never heard about the barf in the drying thing. There was that one story about Artie giving him $300 in "emergency cash" to get back to Howard's house only to have him catch a ride back to his own apartment and pocket the money.

But man, Artie is so bitter. He has already burned so many bridges and it just seems like he is out to burn more. Obviously the Stern show is torched (though I am curious what happens with Judd Apatow), but he riffs on Sam Simon in hell, talks poo poo about Kimmel and Carolla, etc. You tell he really wants to rail on Kimmel, but always backs off because he wants to continue to be an occasional guest.

BobbyK posted:

I also just got the part where Artie is making GBS threads on Adam Carolla and that's pretty funny.

"He's the Lou Gehrig of podcasting. Maybe he'll die of Adam Corlla's disease"

And the message he left did make me laugh out loud...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Ah, I do remember him talking about the script thing in the early days of his podcast. It didn't sound quite as bad as he made it out to be, but oh well.

Also, Steve Brandadino: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbbIVDx_KY&t=390s

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Spinning back to John, I'm shocked that they didn't dig in to him any worse than they did. I guess Stern was still friends with him up until he ripped in to him on Carolla's podcast. I still can't get over that Leno hired a person famous for stuttering to be his announcer.. but not for him to stutter. Stern complains too much, but he was 100% correct that Leno is/was totally lame and that move was weak.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I love that the promo material lists immediately that he was the "head writer" of the Howard Stern Show, a title that he demanded he get as part of a contract negotiation that occurred when the only credited writers were him and Fred...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

euphronius posted:

The prennup Howard had made means she isn't getting much

Just looked it up and New York isn't a community property state, so you a re probably right (though not much is probably still millions). I guess that would explain why he always drives so hard for everyone to get a prenup, even JD who barely has a thing to his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Wow, that is downright unwatchable. Robin's outfit is hilarious.