Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

wesleywillis posted:

Its hard to believe that a guy known as "da bad rear end" would listen to such wimpy music.

My favorite part of this is how they intentionally called him "daba" instead of the da bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

By all accounts he really does seem like a douche

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Speaking of Brent, his wife's Onlyfans pictures leaks and holy hell she is nasty.

/r/HeavyMetalAndOrgies/ which is NSFW. I think they've been taken down at this point but they'll pop up again soon

Like, part of the merch they sell if a keyring that has a picture of her rear end in a top hat.

Yeah I have pretty low standards and have no issue admitting I'd hook up with not-so-pleasant looking women. This chick really grosses me out. Nothing about her is attractive to me. It's wild.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Stern changed the call in number from 888-9-rear end in a top hat to 933-STERNSHOW lol. I'm not one to rant about PC culture--things do need to get better, but drat this show is a joke simple for the fact that they won't mention it again.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Lifespan posted:

I'm pretty sure they have taken every federal holiday off for a while now. I'm only sad when they take the whole week off (which is still totally possible).

Yeah somehow it's still a surprise to people even though it's been going on for like 15 years

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Shuli confirmed on his Patreon that he is gone after 15 years. Not sure if he left or if he was forced to leave, though.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You DEFINITELY need paternity/parental leave, unless you just say 'gently caress it' to either your newborn or job, depending on what you focus on.

Without getting too much into it, I've taken parental leave twice, and both times, I wouldn't have been able to both care for a newborn and expect to get any work done at all, if I was working from home.

The sleep deprivation alone is enough to say 'I'm focusing on the baby for a few weeks, not work'.

Yeah thinking people don't need leave because they work from home is ridiculous. Hell, I'd argue you need it more because you're at home.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

lol I like when Richard calls the pizza place.

"Is your chicken spicy?

"YES ITS SPICY"

"Is your Turbin dirty?"

"YOU MOTHER FUCKER gently caress YOUR MOTHER!"

Ethel came through on that call. Too funny.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Astro7x posted:

It just occurred to me... did the guy that did all the Robin news songs die? Is that why she stopped doing the news?

Psych. He has not dead. He's still battling cancer. Someone recently posted one of his emails on Reddit. He's still really positive and fighting.

I suspect they stopped doing Robin's news because of a lack of advertising and/or it being completely useless as it no longer sparks conversation amongst the staff.

Moniker fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 19, 2021

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I need to see if I can find the stuff with his mom getting married in Hawaii.

Wow I forgot all about that. lmao

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I like Rapaport :colbert:

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
The only interesting part to me is that they're claiming Sirius asked Howard to tone it down and that it wasn't Howard's idea.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Do we have any proof to the contrary? I'm not saying its not true but I see people speculate in this thread all the time about stuff that *might* be true, or might not.

Someone awhile back was all like "Yeah, he can't have more than 100,000 listeners anymore coz show lame".
I get that the 100,000 was just a round number, but still are there any stats or other proof what so ever?

Perhaps I'm biased because it kinda confirms something I posted a few pages ago, but a while back my brother and I were speculating that exact thing that part of his contract was that he had to tone it down lest he offend the all the woke-master flash types out there who then crusade against him. And then dig up a bunch of poo poo that he's done in the past on the show. There may be a clause in his contract where if he raises the ire of various groups then Sirius can give him the boot without payment, or with only very little payment.

Well Howard seems pretty ashamed of his past and has said he wants to burn his catalogue when he dies. He also hired Marci and put her in charge of the networks. And the pelican brief revealed that he knows the show is slipping and and that they need to fake tweets to celebs to get them on the show. That was all rumored and turned out to be true. Also rumored in that meeting is Gary asking if Marci is his boss and Howard saying yes.

What’s funny is I think you’re referring to me regarding the 100k think. I would estimate based on info on podcasts I know that he doesn’t have more than a couple hundred thousand listeners. Bigger podcasts need 50k regular listeners to get ads and 100k to get good pay from them. Based on web development work I’ve done for a few podcasts, I know that a few decently known podcasts have between 70 and 150k listeners and they’re far more popular than Howard from a current pop culture perspective. So I can’t imagine he’s got millions and millions of listeners because IMO he’d just have to have more people people talking about him and searching for him online. But I could be wrong obviously.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

That is all equally reasonable!

Oh also one thing that makes me think his listeners are lower is because his ads are essentially the exact same ads as podcasts. No real big sponsors or corporations in spite of the show being insanely safe nowadays.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Astro7x posted:

What’s more valuable though. More people listening to a free podcast with ads they can skip, or fewer people listening to a live radio show with unskipable ads, and paying $17/mo for access or whatever it is now.

I’d say few people pay at all let alone pay $17 but I hear your point and it’s valid as well

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Lifespan posted:

That's not that "reddit-y". I could completely believe that given that Howard had contact with Mutt and the site came to a hard end with no attempt to keep it alive by anyone. It was super toxic (just like the HSS Reddit is) and it seems like it would be easy/cheap to tell Mutt "I hate this place and will make it worth your while to give up the stress it causes you."

I could get behind that if Howard wasn’t notoriously cheap.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

haljordan posted:

I don't listen to the show now, but from what I've read, there is a LOT of "...and on the phone now..." or "Who's that at the door?" followed by someone doing a terrible impression of like, Greta Thunberg. Sounds absolutely brutal.

Brent's wife posted something on in Instagram saying there was a meeting a while ago where they said the show was heading in the direction of less real, more fake calls, more puppets. Brent didn't like that and decided to leave. I don't care what those dorks have to say but that does seem to be the case with the show, so I do believe them.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Vakal posted:

I'm was never much for the crank calls either, but I did find the one where Richard would splice opposite statements together that would play over one-another pretty clever.

I remember absolutely dying hearing that for the first time.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Release Robin's Bra

This has always been my favorite parody. Maybe it's because it's only a seasonal tune.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Lifespan posted:

There is no question Howard was broadcasting from Florida at some point. Interviews being pretaped wouldn't have been a big deal to me. Gary moving to Maine definitely made me think the team may stay remote for the rest of the contract (3 or 4 years left?), but who knows.

He is *currently* in Florida isn't he? If you look at photos or videos from right when the pandemic started you can see the change in the set. I know it became more professional but you can see how it completely changed. The floor at the start was the floor of his sports bar basement that were leaked online by the interior design company. Then it completely changed. No other area in those leaked photos matches what the set looks like now. I'd bet money he's been in Florida for the better part of a 18 months if not more.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Having emotions is normal among pussies and non-pussies alike. Don't be ashamed. I actually took a day off work when one of my favorite baseball players died & spent most of the first game without him crying in front of my TV.

That said, I don't know if I'm attached enough to the main (or even secondary, tbh) crew to have such a reaction to one of their deaths. Of course, I can't be 100% sure until it happens. Goodness knows I didn't expect to react that way to a baseball player, no matter how much I liked him.

Thanks for saying that. The fact that showing emotion makes someone a pussy is such a bummer. I'll be seriously sad when any of the main cast dies. Even though the show has been absolute trash for years and years, it's still a huge part of me and I'll miss them.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I was just about to send the Howard Stern Show Megathread a post, Robin.

Honestly, this thread dying on the vine isn't all that surprising given that it pretty much mirrors the trajectory and current status of the show itself. No one listens to it anymore, Howard's hardly ever even on air these days, he's gotten soft and lazy, he's relegated to mostly B or C tier interviews and no one under the age of 45 or 50 really gives much of a poo poo about him at all.

I think Howard gets a lot of A-listers but it's people that Gen Z care about. The reason he's gotten bigger name guests is because he's softer and panders to them like he never used to do. The interviews are not interesting or entertaining in any way at all and that's why they do the show.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

I know of Marci Turk from the Howard Stern threads, both here and Reddit. I don't know much about Memet besides he beat Brent Hatley in an IQ test. Wasn't he a Trump supporter or something? I don't know anything about Chris Wilding.

I haven't been a subscriber of Sirius since Artie left but I have seen some post 2010 YouTube clips since then, mostly wackpacker related stuff like Eric the Midget. I know Jon Lieberman from the Wackpacker Embedded videos, and I know Jon Lieberman was hired because he's Jewish!

edit: I've never listened to Howard's "Millie Bobby Brown's agent" but I've read people complaining about it.

Memet:

1) Has the absolute hottest SO in the show's history IMO.
2) Beat Brent in an IQ test which was a nice nail in the coffin of the downfall of Brent.
3) Might've been a Trump guy but IMO he was playing a character to get on the air and it worked. People think he is some dumb guy but I suspect he was just acting to get on air. Like Sal to some degree.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Howard is a really good artist. Legitimately impressive. RIP Ben Stern.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Honest question, how is Sirius surviving?

Truck drivers, people in very rural areas, people who drive long distances. It truly is amazing for driving long distances.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

yeah....

I've seen posts on reddit where people are putting hotel sized bottles of shampoo and soap on this grave and that make me smile.

I saw the same thing and it brings me so much joy. Plus I guarantee he'd love it as well.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

With peace and love there will be no retweets

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Memet is going to be a dad

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I was just about to write Barbara Walters a note.

Sorry I was just about to write the pope a note, can you repeat that

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

lynch_69 posted:

I saw that same ad on TV just now! I was about to post about it but you beat me to it. Thin Jason looks older and more beat up than Howard, what an achievement.

I guarantee Howard is going to be angry about this. Even though I haven't seen the ad I'm sure it said "radio personality" or "works for Sirius XM" and didn't even mention the show at all but I'm sure Howard will still be upset.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

Where did you hear this?

It's a rumor. People started noticing that his wife was never brought up. Then there were one or two pictures where he wasn't wearing a ring. Now there's more photos and video from the show where he's not wearing a ring. In a recent episode, Robin said something about JD finally being able to find the love of his life or something along those lines. That's the thing that actually pushed me to think that he might actually be divorced. Up until then it was just rumors with no real basis, now to me, it seems like it could be plausible.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

just use used toilet paper for robertson
:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

"SEO experts say we need more high value links! Get a .gov link to sirius! That'll get us Tom Cruise on the show!"