Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shadow Warrior 2 was a hoot and a half with a buddy but yeah the level design took a nose dive, it's still fun just killing things at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Woof, I never played Doom 64 but those enemy and weapon sprites are rough and almost unfinished looking compared to the original games, what gives?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

AVP2 was seriously fun as gently caress in mp when you weren't running into hackers or laggy as poo poo servers.

Evac mode best mode

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

People making GBS threads on Crysis must've never put the suit options on the shortcut keys and it shows. :smug:

Not really though, painfully bland game in every way honestly.

I think I made it to the first time you fight the aliens and then dropped it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I’m really tempted to buy the Doom 3 switch port. Is it good?

No

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I remember Battlefront '04 having some good maps that never got to Battlefront 2.

There's literally no reason to play SWBF1 lol

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This thread is legit making me cry, I genuinely miss those days a little bit. At least the game related parts, everything school related can piss off.

Day of Defeat motherfuckers hell yeeeaah, donner and glider all day

I played so much Jedi Academy online that it's embarrassing, CTF and Siege baby.

Wolf ET and Savage were my jam too, good lord I'd give anything to relive the early 2000s.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm the congo lines of players in AVP2010 multiplayer just executing each other because they managed to ruin the mp.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Serephina posted:

Conga lines? You gotta spill the beans on that man

So, you had the ability to get behind players and execute them with impunity, there was literally no way to fight back and no reason not to use it all the time.

I don't know it's been years but I distinctly remember seeing lines of players just patiently waiting for eachother's kill animation to end so that they could kill that person and so on.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Windmill Hut posted:

Splash Damage started as the mod team for Quake 3 Fortress. Q3F is where my teenage obsession with first person shooters and online gaming all began. :allears:

I then moved on to RTCW, which was one of the first popular multiplayer FPS games with a class system and objectives. Then naturally moved to Enemy Territory... bringing me back to Splash Damage game. Then a team then ported Q3F over to Enemy Territory too - all comes full circle.

Everything they've made since then has seemed to be ambitious but commercial flops?

It's really too bad that Quake Wars kind of sucked, it was a cool idea.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Whatever happened to loving Enemy Territory: Quake Wars? That game was loving amazing and then it just... died?
I'd love to replay that again, I think it had bot support too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRoyBgmKXt0&t=11s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBm1jWchEqY

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Serious Sam 4 looks like complete poo poo, I'm kinda not sorry to even say it cause I too question if the series was ever good or if it was only because it's all we really had for "new old school shooters" at the time.

Same thing with Painkiller too, it's just... boring to play now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, I'm playing through all of the Halo sp campaigns pretty blind with a buddy and we just finished the Library and holy christ, I hope to hell that the series gets better than this because WOW was every bit of that bullshit filled with bad game design.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Serephina posted:

I always wondered if I should see what this Halo game is all about, and so I thank you for your selfless sacrifice, sir.

:tipshat:

I always wanted to check out the series to see what the fuss was all about and it's mostly been fun, it has great shooting and the AI is a blast to fight but the level design is really rough at times and this last level I played was enough to make me ask if I should even keep going cause drat, disgustingly copy and pasted level design and endless swarms of various zombie enemies that can shoot at you(SOMETIMES WITH loving ROCKETS?!?!?!) as well as swarm you from EVERY loving direction RELENTLESSLY. Thank christ they got generous with ammo as you went on but woof was that not fun.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Don't people like the Brothers in Arms games? That's Randyspawn right?

I really can't believe that we haven't got a new BiA yet, I know we nearly got one inspired by Inglourious Basterds or something but it seemed to fizzle out in pre-dev.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

John Murdoch posted:

Isn't that the one that eventually mutated into Battleborn

Jesus loving christ... it is. :cripes:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Did any ambitious modders ever recreate/port the Saturn version of Powerslave?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Wasn't that 2001 E3 demo apparently 100% scripted and not even really playable?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jedi Outcast and Academy were a blast in multiplayer but yeah, I hated them both for singleplayer aside from spawning enemies and setting up brawls on the wide open levels along with that glorious saber dismemberment cheat.

helpusobi 1
g_saberMoreRealistic
g_dismemberment

Ah, I miss games being able to be cracked open with console commands and what not.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh man I love these guys.

Max Payne 4 when

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is ROTT13 still unstable as all hell? I only remember that any time I started actually having fun that the game would frequently crash.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:wow:

Imagine being so bad at games that you get stumped on the Quake difficulty room.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Whoa, first person Dino Crisis?!

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://twitter.com/romero/status/1357826692891500546

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shamblers don't even shamble

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Shambler is just a guy in a parka that's really mad.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Angryhead posted:

You can still get a Steam key on places like Indie Gala - which I think is a legit place - for dirt cheap (1.26€)

Good looking out!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

How long does Dusk take to really shine? Played a couple of levels and was left completely underwhelmed and even bored by the environments.

On the flipside, Amid Evil hooked me instantly with its gorgeous... everything really.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Gaspy Conana posted:

aw, the first few Dusk maps were my faves precisely because they avoided fancy architecture. for whatever reason i prefer boxy build engine maps in my retro FPS games.

if fancy geometry is your thing though you'll find it in spades in in the other Dusk episodes. the maps towards the end of episode 1 get a bit fancy too, but episodes 2 and 3 go all in.

Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere and actual design is great but it just feels like I've played those basic spooky barn levels a billion times already with other games.
Cool to know though, I'll try to stick with it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oxyclean posted:

Project Warlock 2 demo is cool - the first game having kind of a Wolf3D vibe was neat, but it made things feel a bit...samey over time?

My only complaint about 2 is I ran out of ammo at one point early in the demo, and kinda just couldn't do anything? I basically had to rush past enemies to get to the shotgun and that more or less solved that problem, but it was real awkward not having some kind of backup gun or melee. Granted, acquiring the sword, I do like that it seems like they want the melee to be more useful then "thing you use when you have no ammo"?

That dumb sword got me killed, I didn't realize it used "ammo"/"stamina" so here I am thinking I got a get out of jail free card as I'm surrounded and... I can no longer swing and I'm dead.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

ArfJason posted:

god i loving love videogam,es

what the gently caress......
:catstare:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Does Quake 2 have a singleplayer mapset that's as "must play" as Arcane Dimensions?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

site posted:

i played t:v single player for the first time a few months back... you're better off just playing matches in 1 and/or 2 with bots lol

It's a cute novelty to explore Tribes lore but... who really gives a poo poo? I just wanna spinfusor funny ragdolls into the abyss.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

site posted:

i iwsh it were even that, but besides the couple of times you actually get to play matches in the campaign (albeit in a very tiny arena without vehicles or anything) all the levels kinda suck and for some inexplicable reason a lot of it is just bland indoors corridor shooter stuff

I remember a whole lot of cave diving and being without any actual gear for extended periods too.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure that the devs behind Vengeance had a clue about what anyone liked about Tribes.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I can't believe how good this loving looks and sounds. :black101:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's really dumb for the new Battlefield they went with just slightly in the future instead of doing a sequel to the GOAT Battlefield.

Battlefield V was complete poo poo though.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Weedle posted:

never heard this before but no actor could ever hope to achieve such a perfectly villainous line delivery. holy poo poo

Gillian Anderson did a drat fine portrayal in The Crown.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, I must have missed something with Halo.

I tried it back when it originally came to PC and didn't really care for it then.

I tried it again, this time with the MCC and in co-op, and yeah... the gigantic levels and ridiculous amounts of backtracking kind of killed the enjoyment.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You'd think with a "revival" that they'd post a link to the mod's steam page somewhere on that site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shadow Hog posted:

Wish granted, Nightdive doing KISS Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child EX

...I'd be absolutely fine with this and maybe even excited honestly!