Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Persona 3 Portable is getting PAL PSN release :toot:

Innocent Sin is getting a physical European release too, no word on a PSN release though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Kinda confused by something at the end of Persona 4.

It seems like it's impossible to leave the last dungeon, but if it's also impossible to open it until the final day and items don't carry over into NG+, why are all the enemies still dropping materials? Is there something I'm missing, or are they just useless?

So you can sell them for money to buy more items I guess.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

The domain that was linked in the andriasang article was registered Kadokawa Digix, who don't seem to have anything to do with Atlus from what I can see.

Snowcow fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 30, 2012

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Is P3 like P4 where I have to beat a block of floors before a certain date? I know that stuff happens on full moon evenings but that's all I know.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

DrPaper posted:

Why would they bid on Atlus with the expressed intention of breaking into the cell phone games and then sell it?

Index as a whole not just Atlus.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

There's a link to the teaser page on the main P4U2 page too.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Captain Mog posted:

A Persona game was announced for the 3DS in 2010. They made good on the SMTIV promise, so maybe they'll make good on this one?

That wasn't an announcement. There was a Shin Megami Tensei game listed for the PS3 back in 2005 and look what happened there.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

It's daytime in Japan right now anyway.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Is that a Rhythm game?

Guess they're saving P5 for the end, right

It's probably the rhythm game :(

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

Persona 5 will be region-locked, calling it now.

Nah probably not. I doubt many Japanese people are going to attempt to play through it in English to justify it.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Nothing in particular. It's just been in development for a really long time,

Only about two years which isn't too bad.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

It's also coming to PS4 and the Japanese release is getting delayed till next year probably because of that.

It also either takes place in Shibuya or a fictional part of Tokyo that is Not-Shibuya.

Winter 2014 pretty much meant Q1 2015 so we don't know if it's delayed for real or not.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

It was supposed to come out in November so it would be pretty odd to not give it a set release date when its two months away.

Never heard anything about it coming in November.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Policenaut posted:

All the hot, hot Teddie molesting you can handle.

This stream takes place before the Persona concert so they're probably not going to show anything new when the people inside the concert hall paid $70 to be there.

In 2013 they had public spots around Japan where you could watch the game announcements and then didn't show the P5 teaser at said spots.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

asvodel posted:

I was worried for a second that it was Sho.

I'm pretty sure it is.

E: or not. The hair is pretty different.

Snowcow fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 4, 2015

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Persona fans. Stop. Please.

(Please don't, this ridiculous reaching is hilarious.)

It's not that big of a stretch. I've seen a lot worse.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Moltrey posted:

Play FES if you have to, but there's really nothing that puts it above Portable.

The presentaion, if nothing else.

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

For what it's worth, Sega is practically going to be MIA from E3. It could pop up at a Sony event or something though.

Atlus will be at E3. Most likely showing off lots of P4DAN and Lost Dimension stuff, maybe a tiny bit of P5 info if we're lucky.

Snowcow fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jun 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

Excels posted:

Persona 4 was cool because they knew the PS3 was a thing and still chose to release it on PS2 instead of delaying it to use the fancier graphics. Although I might be in the minority who thought the misty bloom effect they added (to disguise it being last-gen) looked good and made sense since Inaba is apparently prone to a lot of misty weather.

There weren't many PS3s sold in Japan at that point and a pretty good amount of them were backwards compatible anyway. It's a niche series in the west (even more so back then) so a PS3 version would have been a waste of money for sure.