Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

It's terrible and lovely, but none of those look like supporting walls. Also I like the pictures highlighting the ugly wood which is completely normal for wood construction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

streetlamp posted:

Stolen from yospos pics thread

I don't like doing that with 12/24v ... goddamn

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

A leak being fed into the toilet reservoir?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Is that wall made of particle board?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

I kind of like this actually, because gently caress those slots in the back.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Like this?

As a woman,I have always done my urinating in private, even in public, so this is very unsettling.

That's not for peeing in!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

We might as well just light it on fire, it's bound to happen soon anyways.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

SkunkDuster posted:

I remember a thread for household wiring with the title "don't burn your house down", but I'll be damned if I can find it. The wires in my A/C heat exchanger are in bad shape and I'd like to replace them. They are flexible stranded 12 AWG with a thick rubber insulation that I assume is for abrasion resistance due to the vibration from the fan and compressor. My local hardware store doesn't have anything like that, so I need to order it online, but I don't know what it is called. Can somebody give me a link to what I need?

Also, I ordered a cheap connector (butt, spade, ring, quick, etc.) assortment and wire nut assortment from Amazon and they are pretty crappy. Any suggestions for brand names of good quality connectors and wire nuts?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3090739

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

Found this while walking my dog

Should've probably tied your dog to it.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

StormDrain posted:

Did we do this one yet?

That better be labelled as non-potable...

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

FCKGW posted:

saw this browsing some houses today

something tells me this bedroom wasn't permitted

Explain?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

The presence of the iron next to the fireplace in no way means it gets used, that stuff's probably been sitting there untouched since the 80s and has a layer of dust on it thicker than the ash in the fireplace itself.

Oh come on now, the iron set probably more accurately indicates it's actually a gas fireplace. Because logic.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

kid sinister posted:

How about crappy, dangerous maintenance?

The airport I work in does that for ones that haven't been fully tested and commissioned, since they can't be guaranteed to be functioning yet...

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

shame on an IGA posted:

awful ballpark math incoming: guesstimate 280 sqft of vehicle area times 280 pennies/sqft at 2.5g per penny = 195kg of poo poo glued to their car... A little over 400 lbs

So you're saying you could chain a motorcycle to it?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

NancyPants posted:

Apparently my MIL has been putting whole banana peels down the disposal in their new rental. It's not like "gently caress it, it's a rental!" she thinks a disposal is like a composter. I mean, it is now....or soon will be.

Is that not what a disposal is for?

I've never had one, nor even been at someone's house who has...

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, they probably were planning on using some earth moving equipment to mellow out that slope so the stairs wouldn't need to be dangerously steep. Or metal/concrete stairs designed to last 50 years. Plus they'd want the stairs to look nice, stuff in parks is usually made to look a bit nice so it doesn't ruin the views. And if they are going to all that trouble might as well put in a ramp for accessibility, it's quite the drop so it would be a long ramp if they didn't want it to be too steep. And then things just got away from them.

Just take out the whole hill and do this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

So uh, why not just turn a tap on at a sink closest to the vent pipe and let it drain...

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Ups_rail posted:

I live in the US and have a nice tacoma with a 4 cylinder diesel engine and yeah they are nice.

diesel tacoma?!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Bees? What bees? ... I had to go visit 4 different sites at each end of the 2 runways of the YVR airfield yesterday, I was told site #2 had wasps living in 2 out of 3 of the enclosures I was to be working around/in so I was trying to push it off until their wildlife/pest removal people could get in there and deal with it. I was too efficient and got there way ahead of schedule only to find NO WASPS, I was actually slightly disappointed, and then not. gently caress wasps.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

immoral_ posted:

That is a pool table, not a display stand you uncultured swine.

That is a garage, not a museum!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Dillbag posted:

I was gonna ask if this was Vancouver. I'm on mobile so having a hard time zooming in on the license plates.

Yep, 1119 Hornby is the Murray Hotel

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Youth Decay posted:

Yeah I don't hate this actually.

At least it isn't carpeted

Just wipe anywhere, it's cool

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Tenant complaint: phone ringer no longer working, strange hissing sound instead.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Motronic posted:

That looks like a standard commercial sized dispenser roll, so probably not a gimmick. (I mean, the marketing is, but I bet that's en existing SKU that is sold commercially)

Nobody is buying that commercially. From my experiences.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

tater_salad posted:

Yeah umm I'll just leave this here
:psyduck:

By leave this here you mean the access hatch right? Do not close that in the wall and probably put it in your calendar to give it an eyeball regularly.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Dillbag posted:

Crappy construction when mother nature is in charge of the build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QcBSbQo4XA

No deaths according to Forbes.

It's amazing what'll float.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Definitely a VR room for rainy hikes. Probably cheaper than moving to the PNW.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

SELL EVERYTHING indeed.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

By popular demand posted:

That sure is a house. For people to live in. And not some bizarre alien zoo cage.

When you waffle stomp your poo poo out of necessity, not out of laziness.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Elviscat posted:

My kitchen is on a slab, at some point rather than trench it to run the sink drain, they piped it through the wall and into the gorge.

Geologically still piped into a trench

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

EoRaptor posted:

These types of power adapters have a pair of screw terminals. They are for permanent installs where the wiring is run by the installer and count have any length. That's why they also have the top and bottom tab (some broken off) with screw holes, so they can be 'mounted' to an outlet in place of the faceplate.

My worry is the one that's discoloured and seems to have no wiring hooked up. I'm guessing these are old transformer type adapters, and never shut off, even with no load, so that thing is a waste of money and a fire hazard.

This is very typical of CCTV installs, unfortunately. The correct way to do it is to get a 12/24v power supply with 8-16 outputs, then you only have the power supply to hard wire or throw a cord on.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Yeah but those cost money and you already have all the wall warts.

Even if you don't they're super cheap! Because why would the salesperson also quote a power supply, poo poo works by magic right?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Darchangel posted:

My mother in law had a counter over her toilet tank, but it had been made to be relatively easy to release and remove for service, which was nice.

Ugh gently caress, my apartment has this stupid shelf and you can not get the lid off the tank.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

It's got in-suite laundry, I'm interested!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

I hope there is a super sweet secret storage compartment under the deep end floor.

That's actually just where the sink drains into, the countdown until it's full begins...

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Doing dishes while sitting sounds wonderful!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Client: can you replace my leaky showerhead, I'm not sure where my water shutoff is maybe the basement. Also a few outlets in the house seem to not be working if you could figure that out that would be great

There is a leaky pipe above the box.. :thunk: is the breaker supposed to drip like that?

And only the orange wire has a proper drip loop, shame.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

GotLag posted:

Only until the epoxy sets :dadjoke:

Too soon.

https://torontosun.com/news/weird/man-dies-after-using-epoxy-resin-as-diy-protection-instead-of-condom

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

H110Hawk posted:

That's not a fuse box, that's a meter base. There is no fuse there.

They are technically fuses, probably going to take a bit of juice to have them blow though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Why hasn't anybody noticed that there's just a missing door on the floorplan, you can see it in the living room shot with the TV.
Here I fixed it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!