Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Reene posted:

ALTERNATE FLASH LINK

I WARNED YOU ABOUT HOSTING BRO. I TOLD YOU DOG.

Welp, that's my genuine laugh-at-something-on-the-internet for tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I like watching the little viewer counter go up.

Can't tell when to start watching. drat.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

marsattacks posted:

One website at a time.

Next up, dropbox.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Factory Factory posted:

It takes a few minutes to get working. It seems like a few people have uploaded to alluvion's tracker, enough to make a full copy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ULV3YT2M was mirrored at another forum site I frequent.

I'm also almost done with the original download, so I'll flip it around and rehost it again on MU at a separate link.

(Let me know if that file has a password, it shouldn't though.)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Also it looks like the original MUpload link is working again.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Roger Explosion posted:

How did the Prospit guard miss a whole pumpkin full of knives? No wonder Derse always wins.

I should be more worried about how the guard missed "Please Look Inside".

I am, however, currently hung up on how CD managed to fill a pumpkin with knives without carving it. :psyduck:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Indie Rocktopus posted:

My pet theory has long been they'll somehow trick him into incarnating in Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff's universe (the Hellaverse, if you will), and he'll fall down an endless flight of stairs for the rest of eternity.

:sbahj: "where doing this man. where MAKING THIS HAPEN."
"HOW CAN WHERE BE MAKING THIS HAPEN... WHEN I AM ALREADY WHERE?"

...or something like that.

SNOP

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
One wonders what Red Miles actually does, apart from end the universe.

Maybe with an unprototyped ring it'll just kill every frog on Derse. :tinfoil:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Yeah, the ending was kinda disappointing, but Jesus Christ my room is flooding with the salt coming out of this thread.

Like, I'm trying to stay above the tide and make this post, but leaving my laptop open is just causing more salt to cascade out.

I get it. Each and every one of you, save like two or three people, hates this ending with a burning passion, but there's only so many ways you can say "I hate this" before it gets tired.

It's one. You can say "I hate this" once and I'll understand and accept it. Every other time each of you say it, the salt gets a little bit deeper in here, and I think I'm gonna suffocate soon.

Please. At least for a poor lurker's sake. Keep the salt to at least Karkat levels instead of Boiling Surface of the Sun levels.

i think it's less "the same people" and more "every person who sees it for the first time needs to come in and vent"

maybe it's supposed to be deep or meta but the result of that last ==> was such a wildly infuriating cocktease that i'm not even sure what to say to it

undertale really was the better homestuck

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zoolooman posted:

This didn't seem complex to me because I'd reread Caliborn's claymation garbage only a couple days before, but Hussie was expecting waaaay too much out of most people if he thought they were going to put together through implication what he should've spelled out and shown us in panel and word. So I think the ending is coherent, and I think it's mediocre, and I don't think it ruined Homestuck or any of that jazz.

Not going to lie, I got it but given the nature of the claymation and the heavy dose of "unreliable narrator", I wasn't expecting that to be the sole source of information, and I really doubt anyone else was either. Which is why this ending comes with such an abrupt, cut-off feeling-- it's like having an actor describe Chekov's Gun going off and you say "oh, well, this couldn't end before we actually see that", and then the play just ends. And then the playwrights says "yeah, it fired, that actor told you about it, remember?"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Counterpoint: Daius, WARFOOT, probably a bunch of others???

not gonna lie man i just got here and i'm not backscrolling through 2k posts while it's still tviving, so i'll take your word for it :V

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cabbit posted:

So what, John retcons a duplicate set of kids there to do that? Because don't we see the alpha in the happy ending?

We've already seen a couple dozen other version of alpha kids, and Cali talks about his juju being lost in time and space. It makes a certain amount of "real-life" sense that causality wouldn't be so neat and wrapped-up as to have "the alpha kids we're following" (which aren't even the alpha kids we started with, John excluded) just so happen to be the same alpha kids that were in the juju.

Not seeing either the fight with the ur-alpha kids that got stuck in the juju in the first place, or said ur-alpha kids fighting with Lord English, is definitely a bit of a wet fart as far as climaxes go though.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rorus Raz posted:

Guys, I found out why this ending seems lackluster.

missed some pickups in the walkaround flashes apparently

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The more I think about it, the more I realize that it was impossible for Homestuck to have a satisfying conclusion at this point. Too many characters have been introduced to give them all a real resolution, too many plot threads and subplots to give each one a denouement, and too much background mythology to wrap up.

Hussie wrote himself into a place where his only options were to create another whole act trying to tie up every loose end without boring the reader, or to do the narrative equivalent of "K THNX BYE".

People in this thread have been saying for possibly years now that the immeasurable unfulfilled story fragments would make the comic impossible to end, and they were right.

the thing is that it was about the characters more than the plot (really, the plot is summed up in like 3 paragraphs on wikipedia), so wrapping up the original plot and saying "okay done" feels weird as poo poo

I know that it's always "but people don't have narrative arcs" and yes that's accurate, but people also keep going until the point they die, characters have arcs so that the author can pick a point and say "okay this is a good place to stop writing about them" and not leave the audience feeling like they only got half a story

After sleeping on it I'm not super incensed about it, I'm just salty about the lack of actual closure, just like I was about Dark Tower. I also don't know how much of it's a left-brain/right-brain thing-- I'm not a creative person. I can't write or draw for poo poo, and if you said "well let's see you do a better job on the ending" I would flub it terribly. But that's why I consume stories in the first place-- I want the author to tell me what happens, not for the author to stop 10 feet from the finish line and say "I've got nothin', bro, come up with your own ending."

As soon as the thread shuts down I'm sure I'll just forget about Homestuck for a couple of years again until the internet detonates because Hussie mentioned that he might start work on an epilogue after Hiveswap comes out.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

for some reason i thought the door in the end was like a fake juju door that lead them to caliborn but rereading the masterpiece that's (probably) totally wrong and I just misremembered what happened. So yeah I guess they just say yo lets go beat on the green rear end in a top hat child at some indeterminate point

tbh this part didn't make much sense to me on first viewing, but anyone who thinks that they have to leave their new universe to deal with Caliborn's Masterpiece at some point is trying to think too linearly

At the point where we end, we have a dead rose/jade/john from the universe Davesprite came from, a dead rose/jade/dave from the universe the final John came from, and a dead John from the universe the final John ended up in. There are a lot of doomed/destroyed/hosed universes floating around, so whoever pops out of the juju to fight LE are probably not characters we've ever seen onscreen (caliborn's masterpiece aside).

I'm not as "into" the nuances as some people here so I'm sure I'll get shouted down if I'm wrong, but the idea I'm getting is that infinite universes aside, there were only ever two with Callie/Caliborn: One where Callie ascends, and one where Caliborn ascends. We never meet or even see any other ghost callies/caliborns (that I recall), despite huge numbers of ghost trolls and at least a couple of dead kids in [S] Terezi: Remember. Assuming that's the case, and knowing that John can jump from session to session nigh-trivially, it's not too far of a jump to assume:

1. In one of the doomed/failed sessions, John gets better control of his powers.
2. The kids all figure out where Lord English comes from, and John manages to accurately jump all of them to the moment of Caliborn's ascension in an attempt to retcon his Lord English shenanigans.
3. Caliborn jujus those alpha kids, and is jujued by the beta kids in return.
4. Both jujus are launched out of that session, and the beta kids live bittersweetly ever after, until/unless LE happened to pop into (his original) session again and gently caress everything up out of spite.

And all of that has absolutely no bearing or meaning to the alpha kids who just opened the door.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Oxyclean posted:

I though the whole deal with the retcon powers was that the deal John had to make with his denizen wiped out the Johns from all other timelines or something, and it was revealed that was the real thing that got John killed that original time Terezi tricked him?

I've spent longer than is worthwhile looking for that point in a sea of unnamed "==>" and haven't found that exact point, so "possibly", but as mentioned there's at least one clone John running around out there so who knows for sure. I just like the idea of "Caliborn didn't actually matter" as a stupid plot point to "John &co got bored in paradise one day and decided to get stuck in a juju for an indeterminate amount of time for shits and giggles"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Wrist Watch posted:

But like

The way I remember it was that his weapon was unique in that it was one of the few things effective against LE or something. Anyone could have killed Jack like that.

I'm not crazy, right? Dave's weapon being specifically effective against Lord English was totally a thing, right?

If the implication from the anime was "the green sun is down, he's not immune to everything anymore", I have to wonder if it was "his sword and his sword only will work on him" or "anything would work, but this sword is the one you happen to have equipped when you do it so whatever legend/myth/prophecy implies that particular sword is The One To Kill Lord English". Not digging through 7 years of backlog to find it though.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dolash posted:

There's also no guarantee that a follow-up epilogue would be good. I'm really leery about the theory that the John and friends who retconned in to fight Caliborn and then get imprisoned and fight Lord English are just Some Other Version Of The Characters, because it utterly disconnects the story of the kids from Lord English and the dream bubbles such that there's no reason we should've ever bothered with them.

An alternative 3rd option I've seen thrown out is that the red->white house flip on the lilypad coincided with Caliborn getting the juju, with the implication that it wasn't "John's Power" that causes the kids to show up for Caliborn's Masterpiece, it's them walking through the door on the lilypad.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Android Blues posted:

This doesn't make sense though, because it's only the eight kids who are present for the Masterpiece, no trolls.

Someone mentioned Arquius being there earlier and that implying that the sprites survive, but rereading it, he actually appears out of nowhere midway through the battle, so it seems possible that maybe he got sucked through the black hole created by Jack English's death and was just lying in wait for his moment to battle Caliborn while the latter completed his session. That'd be neat!

From Caliborn's point of view, yes. I could see him completely overlooking a couple of non-god-tier weirdo-trolls.

I don't think it's horrendously likely that that's the reason, but I am questioning the reason behind the color flip. :iiam:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SynthOrange posted:

wait what happened to the second john

:iiam:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SynthOrange posted:

Hm. Put it that way yeah it does make sense.

But I was just boggling at the anime shennanigans too much. Also Truman Show got there first.

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: It Was A Jim Carrey Movie All Along

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

WAR FOOT posted:

here u go

roll 1d20 3 times and now i can call you all...

a bunch of MURDEROUS CHAFE-GLANDS

"snide chute huffer" isn't on the list, this is literally unusable

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

WAR FOOT posted:

that's the beauty of the narrative being ours now, you can make your own insult chart, you GOBBLING NOOK PASSAGE.

i don't think i'm ready for quite that much free will

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Terezi quest 2000: Armageddon.

You are one of the top blind seers in Can City.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Plom Bar posted:

• Star Wars
  • Mission: Impossible
  • Sherlock Holmes

*shrug*

Both (all) of the star wars movies that involve a Big Plan from The Good Guys involves Something Going Wrong and them having to scramble to stick to the plan, thus tension

All of the M:I movies have like 2/3 Big Plans and iirc at least one of them usually fails and the other two have "oh god you're so close to loving up because X unexpected thing happened"

i don't remember the sherlock holmes movie(s) enough to commment on them

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kelp Plankton posted:

honestly i kind of wonder if Undertale doing that might have scared Homestuck away from doing something similar

while undertale may have gone a hair too far in the other direction, i did like that you basically got as much epilogue as you felt inclined to walk around and get

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tunicate posted:

I am still holding out a forlorn hope he's collecting the vids for a 6/12 psycheout.

The actual epilogue will be that Hiveswap has a room like this with all of the non-god-tier trolls and people in it. The end.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Elephant Parade posted:

also, I hate to say it but Obama is probably just a Dirk ruse

it's hilarious that the context of homestuck is such that "obama had a secret sburb session after turning the white house over to juggalos" could potentially be a legitimate thing but yes, even in homestuck land that plus "Obama secretly met Dirk and likes him a lot" plus "Obama, a Page of Hope, knew the future enough to premptively leave an Obama AI and a Dave-specific bot in the white house" is a lot less likely than

Dirk just stole a pair of Jake's jammies and threw them up on the wall along with an Obama hologram and a Davebot custom-made to sucker Dave into it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I ended up doing a weird rear end thing (kinda like what MonsieurChoc did) where I read a section of Meat (until the page that starts with "EPILOGUE [insert number here]", then read the corresponding section of Candy. While I def see the reason why a lot of people would prefer doing Candy first then Meat, there is one important argument for reading Meat first: The Obama stuff at the end of Candy gains an extra dimension of humor when it's brick joke set up at the start of Meat

I'm pretty sure the "intended" way is reading Meat up until the one section where it literally says "go see what could have happened if we went the other way", read through Candy, and then jump back, which very much puts you in the same mindset of John the entire way through of "yeah this really isn't what's supposed to be happening", makes everything going on with troll ghosts falling out of the sky suddenly make a lot more sense, and pre-sets you up for Calliope jumping into the Meat narration.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Posthumous congratulations to Davepeta^2sprite, indubitably the best Dave.

I actually kind of wonder-- the implication is Calliope-Jade kills Caliborne for real offscreen immediately before jumping from Candy to Meat, but since all of that is offscreen we don't actually see what's happened to Davepeta^2sprite beyond "presumably they've arrived in Candy, in some form"

I'll admit to being curious if the Candy plotline is continued at all or just left as-is with "we just dumped all these characters into Candy in some form, stuff will happen but you'll never know what and it doesn't matter because it's not canon"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Saradiart posted:

I thought the implication was that Davepeta kamikaze'd Lord English into the black hole.

it was a “kamikaze” from the pov of someone who thought going into the black hole was a death sentence instead of a portal to candyland, but they literally just grabbed LE by the scruff of their neck and jumped in so unless LE murked them offscreen, they’re probably in there somewhere

Valentin posted:

like Dirk's rapid 180 from ignoring Roxy's gender id to suddenly emphatically supporting it.

and 180 back into defensive bullshit and either intentional or uncaring misgendering when calliope is calling him out on it later

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dolash posted:

Looking forward to the Meat updates showing what the gently caress went down when Vriska deployed the Homestuck Logo at Lord English already.

Meat spoiler: Am I the only one who read Vriska’s reaction to that as a very blatant “this is you, this is what you sound like” at the post-Act 7 fanbase

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Nephthys posted:

The one I was really sad for in Candy was Calliope. Roxy just cutting things off with her so she can go have a fake-as-poo poo "real human relationship" with John was hosed up and really awful. At least they seemed to have gotten close again at the end but man was Candy!Roxy terrible.

I mean that kind of seemed to be The Vibe of candy right up until the end-- "hey fanbase, all these ships and redemption arcs you wanted that didn't exist in canon? here they are, we've forced the people involved into them, they're all terrible", and it continues in that vein right up until someone from the real canon universe shows up to inform us all that

quote:

(VRISKA): John, this story loving sucks.

and after that Roxy and John at least somewhat resolve their issues and get back to "being friends" levels, Jake leaves Jane, someone finally puts Gamzee out of everyone's misery and Dave absconds from Jade without any apparent second thought (Karkat gets the shortest end of every stick, as is his lot in life). Even Jade-Calliope buggers off so candy!calliope doesn't need to deal with her or the surprise-reappearance of her brother going forward.

(It'd actually be pretty funny if Candy!John really does have complete subconscious control over the non-canon universe and it all only ever "works" when people who are outside of it are calling him on his poo poo, vs. it all turning into a sad crapsack because john was constantly second-guessing and berating himself)

There's also probably some metatextual thing about "if you thought homestuck is bad, just wait and see what happens when the fanbase is doing the writing" going on there, but given how the site started in the first place that's a can of worms I'd just as soon ignore

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Spellman posted:

It's absolutely possible that Dirk's greater-good solution to all of this is to actually have Dave become the leader of a new world/universe, for which he has a great deal of respect for, and himself admits would probably do a better job in his role. And by leading him on a 17 year quest to achieve his Ultimate Self, if Dave detects there's something wrong about Dirk's angle, he will stop him

Meat 41 posted:

And lets also have it on good authority that the next time Dave cuts off my head, itll be for good.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dolash posted:

I hadn't connected that Earth C, as the resting place of the Meteor, is where the Cherubs grow up - meaning that (as the narrative confirms) given some millions of years the paradise world of Earth C will be a desolate wasteland. But also it sort of seems that the notion that Earth C exists outside of canon feels sort of false, considering it has plot elements crucial to the events of The Story? Which I guess was already sort of true considering Adult John needed to go back to fight Lord English.

Regardless, it does seem to mean that Earth C is necessary in some plot sense that means it can't be erased or undone, the events there are necessary for canon even if the bifurcation of the candy and meat timelines makes it unclear which one is the crucial one.

While I'm at it I'm genuinely curious if there's two exploring-deep-space Terezis, one in Meat and one in Candy, or if Candy John has been chatting with the same Terezi that just found Meat John. I would assume the latter.

There's two (or more, but we're only following two) Earth Cs, one is Canon and one is Non-Canon, and there's only one "outside of earth C". The only reason Earth Candy-C (and probably Universe Candy-C) exist at all seems to be because John's retcon powers get tapped to create a bubble for it to exist in at the moment of his decision, also (for whatever reason) it's tied directly to the event horizon of the black hole where the green sun used to exist. Candy!John, having made the reality bubble for Candy-C, seems to be locked inside it along with everyone else, apart from the brief window when the combined powers of Jade, Calliope, and Caliborn cracked a hole in it long enough for Calliope (who has now, for the record, consumed her existing brother, and also her alt-universe brother who consumed his version of calliope, so we're at 4 cherubs-worth of power in one body and counting), Davebot, and Aradia to escape. Now that bubble is ostensibly completely sealed off from the outside universe, with the exception of John's cell phone being able to text outside of it (I don't know if this is confirmed, but everyone saying "Terezi is ignoring my messages" with a couple instances of "Terezi finally got in touch with me" implies some odd level of unidirectionality but I really don't want to re-read the entire thing to figure out what between-the-lines thing is going on there)

Meat-C hasn't been in touch with Terezi at all except when she showed up outside the hospital for 5 minutes and then disappeared off with Dirk, I can only assume that her proximity to the black hole is implied to have sucked in all her messages and delivered them to people in Candy-C only.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Scrree posted:

the bottom of this page is where Jade and Jake talk about having kids. at one point in this conversation Terezi mentions that when Jade says 'tie the knot' it's a double entendre, although she changes the subject when John asks what exactly she means.

so it's pretty explicit in the text. it's also unnecessary and kind of grotesque, but I think that's thematically appropriate considering we're discussing the homestuck epilogues.

I read that more as an extremely generic "dog/furry sex joke" than anything, and the unstated implications as "merging with a god-dog has resulted in me being incapable of the physical act of reproduction for reasons", but on re-reading it's possible I'm reading that too naively and it is all literally about jade's dog dick. Well, gently caress.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Clawtopsy posted:

how about adult john loving teenage terezi

Rand Brittain posted:

She spent time on Earth C before leaving, the author was careful to note, and is no longer a teenager.

This, but also I got the impression fervent authorial hope meat!john is effectively the same age as her, unlike the weird time-skipping candy C is doing relative to everyone else.

also worth noting is roxy was suprised at her presence but not her appearance/age, and dog dicks aside I don’t think anyone would be writing that level of creepy poo poo

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 23, 2019

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Attestant posted:

Glancing at all the spoilers in this threads... Everything about this just sounds kinda miserable, mean spirited and not worth the read?

It’s not something I’d ever recommend to someone who’s never read homestuck, but if you already did and Act 7 left you with a feeling of “wait, that’s it” then what’s another novel between friends, really. there’s not even any flash rpg to deal with, just pure textual eau de homestuck.

it’s one piece of candy, and it’s only wafer thin

now otoh if you came off of act 7 like “it’s over, thank god it’s over” and still can’t look at astrological symbols in the daily horoscope without breaking into a cold sweat, yeah skip this

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Here's an example of a Candy joke that doesn't land for me.
You jerks wanted Feferi back? Well, here she is, being forced to endure sexual harassment by Eridan. YAAAY. That wasn't funny. Not just from a feminist "we hate assault jokes" perspective, but from a "what is this moment accomplishing?" perspective.

I read that as one of many "this is what the fanbase was yelling for at one point" not Feferi's return, but "Eridian redeemed and also getting the girl" because a bunch of the fanbase self-identified with Eridian as "a nice guy who just couldn't take it anymore". It wasn't a joke, just another "the thing you want for your happy candy ending is actually creepy and terrible when it actually happens" in a long list of them.

Black August posted:

I will never understand how an author can have so much contempt for all of their characters - kill all your darlings, but nobody was ever darling to begin with in this story.

I'm pretty sure it's just contempt for the fanbase, at least on the Candy side of things.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Arsenic Lupin posted:

In that case, the author is quite literally dead. Not that that means anything in Homestuck.

Still around as of here, which means probably not actually dead and horsing around on Candy Earth C if someone really wanted to pick up that particular plot point.

e: Beaten to that by a fair bit because I stopped to check that I wasn't misremembering and, uh, that took a bit

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 24, 2019