Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

westborn posted:

The King - don't stare at him too long, or he will stare back at you...

Thanks to Sheldrake and the CineD Secret Santa, I now have a framed copy of this hanging in my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

westborn posted:

I'm really glad this one got included in here, because it's one of my favorite posters of last year. It conveys one of the main themes of the film (that Ryan Gosling and George Clooney's character are extremely similar), and one of the cultural undertones (that Gosling and Clooney themselves are remarkably similar) and it makes a point about the basic plotline of the movie, by making Gosling literally the man behind Clooney's presidential campaign. Not only that, but it makes you think that Clooney and Gosling look alike, when they honestly don't. This entire poster tells you that this movie would not have worked at all if these particular two men were not cast.

Hell, it also reflects the naivete of Gosling's character by making him literally wide-eyed in contrast to Clooney.

When people ask me if this movie is good, I tell them it's not as good as the poster deserves it to be.

EDIT: Goddammit.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 22, 2012

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

QuoProQuid posted:

David Cronenburg's son releases his first movie, Antiviral in a few days.

Antiviral is a good flick you should check out, Cronenberg Jr. is a little more accessible than his father, but still the apple is not far from the tree. Really, I don't think the apple fell off, it dropped onto another branch.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Darthemed posted:

And then, somehow, it spawned a sequel.

Why is Jay Leno referenced on this cover?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Barometer posted:

That pig scares the poo poo out of me.

Edit; I knew that Raccoon looked familiar! Turtle as well, jeez.

Also, like half the supporting cast of Monsters Inc.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Both of those City Slickers posters are loving awesome. I want the first one framed in my house.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I am seriously debating whether or not to make "Bitching about Mondo/Bitching about bitching about Mondo" a probatable offense. Because I am sick of this crap every time it's brought up.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm going to steal an idea from BSS to keep this thread from petty arguments about Mondo:

:siren:THE NEXT TENFIVE POSTS MUST CONTAIN A MOVIE POSTER (preferably not a Mondo one) OR SOMEONE'S GETTING PROBATED.:siren:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Mondo is so tricky for me, because this is movie poster thread, and therefore it has to be talked about, but y'all get so friggin stupid with it that I literally wince every time it is brought up.

So, for now, this seems to work:

:siren:NEXT TEN POSTS MUST HAVE A NON-MONDO POSTER IN THEM OR YOU ARE PROBATED:siren:

(Last time I did this it was five, I will keep adding to it every time this derail happens.)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

TheJoker138 posted:

Those are his fingers, I think. He's putting his hand on the camera lens.

Vargo posted:

Mondo is so tricky for me, because this is movie poster thread, and therefore it has to be talked about, but y'all get so friggin stupid with it that I literally wince every time it is brought up.

So, for now, this seems to work:

:siren:NEXT TEN POSTS MUST HAVE A NON-MONDO POSTER IN THEM OR YOU ARE PROBATED:siren:

(Last time I did this it was five, I will keep adding to it every time this derail happens.)

Heeeey, we made it a whopping two posts! STARTING OVER. 10 POSTS. MUST HAVE POSTERS. NOT MONDO.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I would back Mustach up on that, actually.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Tagline of the year.

Also, let's play 'guess what this word cloud represents' in the teaser for Expendables 3.

Is Kelsey Grammer anywhere on that poster? He's the only reason I'm remotely interested in Expendables 3.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah, he's a British comedic actor, also known for being Roy in The IT Crowd.

The other guy being someone known for playing a pothead and a drug-dealing rapper.

In Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men.

God, I wish I could see it.

I kinda feel like James Franco is known for a lot more than just his roles in Pineapple Express and Spring Breakers. Dude makes a lot of movies.

O'Dowd, however, is shamefully unknown. If people haven't seen The IT Crowd, he's "Irish guy from Bridesmaids."

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Madkal posted:

This poster is amazing. I love the picture, the quotes...everything.

Bloody hell, the exclamation marks for the quotes. Perfect.

I just realized that all three quotes are from the same site. Probably the same article.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Ammanas posted:

The 4th directive is to ASSASSINATE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!! STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE!!!!!

Don't pretend you wouldn't watch it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

morestuff posted:

I wish this Mr. Smith Goes to Washington poster wasn't a limited run:

Holy poo poo, where do I buy this right the gently caress now?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy gently caress, The Asylum wasted no time in getting their version of Pompeii out there:

My favorite Goosebumps book!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

The MSJ posted:

It's supposed to be a character poster, actually, but right now it's only her and Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock.

This is the only interesting thing anyone has said about this show so far.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Mr. Squishy posted:

You don't see how sexualized violence might be a part of rape-culture TheJoker138?

This is not the thread for this discussion.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It should come as surprise to no one that a recent oscar winner and the star of the other films in the franchise occupy a large space on the poster.

What should come as a surprise is that someone approved this poster with Professor Firefarts doing his thing there.

So, isn't this film supposed to be about Logan AND Kitty Pryde going back in time? Or did they just decided to remove/downsize Kitty's part entirely?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
This is currently my favorite thread in the forums.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Empty-quoting is normally not cool, but I will make an exception, because drat.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Someone's selling some posters in SA Mart. Some of them are pretty nice. Great ones are gone by now though.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

kiimo posted:

I have the same name as a person who wrote a very popular song that is in hundreds of movies. My IMDB page is loving glorious and I hope they never figure out that I'm not dead and that I keep adding to it.

kiimo's real name is Dolly Parton.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
For the love of god, someone please post a poster.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I sold Steven Segal a TV once. It was a Vizio.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

ruddiger posted:

Like comparing a dad who beats you to a step-dad who rapes you.

Yes, that seems like a fair comparison. Completely justified.

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I personally like that the Expendables 3 poster looks like a bunch of people standing around laughing about how ridiculous this is, because the less serious that franchise takes itself, the better.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I chuckled.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I laughed out loud at the Dances With Wolves one, because removed of any context or emotion, it just looks like Costner is a kid on a horse going "Wheeeeeee! Fly, horsie! Fly!"

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
If I had never seen Dances With Wolves, that DVD cover would tell me it's a movie about the special bond between a grown man with a child's brain, and his closest friend in the world, a camel.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

zenintrude posted:

What no one has told you is that they are essentially slip covers and the real box art is underneath... it's bad, but not as bad as it could have been.

That explains why some of them (Silence of the Lambs, Usual Suspects, and apparently Platoon) are basically less interesting versions of the actual posters.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
That is clearly a book cover, sir and/or madam.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I'm going to start probating people for auto-making GBS threads on Mondo posters without giving reasons, even "ironically."

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
That Green Lantern 2001 cover is loving beautiful and I would pay tons of money to have it on my wall.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Josh Gad is basically the worst.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
He Made Something Unbelievable With Fava Beans And A Nice Chianti

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Fayez Butts posted:

I always liked this picture

Shot Context:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

The MSJ posted:

Cinemacon brings new posters.

Wanna point out that Napoleon Dynamite's name is spelled "John Heder" under his portrait and "Jon Heder" in the bottom credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Wedemeyer posted:

You know what's cute? Peanuts. Specifically the best character, Snoopy, but that's beside the point. Let's look at some Peanuts move posters!

...I'm not so keen on this poster. I don't think those words over woodstock's head are doing it any favors.

Not sure if you knew, but it's supposed to be a take on this (also bad) Birdman poster: