Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hungover Ashley was great too. As was several of Javik's bits.

I think this happens concurrently to that- Javik and James in the mess hall was the best thing out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Sometimes biotic explosions don't happen because of other peoples powers hitting the enemy you're trying to explode. Just hit it with the same power again and it should trigger. E.g. this happes a lot in silver and gold where an overload gets applied to a warped enemy before a throw or pull can detonate it. Just hit it with the trigger power again (you may have to do it more than twice in my experience.)

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

pacman posted:

In Mass Effect 4, Sheperd is going to wake up on the original Normandy. No one is going to know anything about Reapers. You make your way to the front of the ship and walk into Kaiden and Joker wondering aloud why a Turian Spectre would be on a shakedown run for an Alliance ship.

When you go to Eden Prime, you save Jenkins' life due to your mysterious foresight.

But you do drop Williams with a bullet to the head while muttering "...stupid alcoholic fundie..."

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

gaan kak posted:

What's the best order to do the DLC in, and at what point during the main game?

I just finished Thessia and was planning on doing Omega and Leviathan now before Horizon, as I think I'm coming close to the end of the game. Citadel should be saved for an epilogue, right?

Also, just a comment on how fun this game is: I've done insanity Vanguard runs through ME1 and ME2, and the charge/nova spam in 3 finally makes my Shepherd feel like an actual charging maniac rather than a guy who plucked with his SMG and occasionally threw some biotic powers out there. Maximum power recharg spec -> infinite charge/nova spam -> infinite fun. It's great. I can't describe how much I am enjoying this game. I thought ME1 and ME2 were excellent at the time. but I can't imagine going back and replaying them, though, after playing 3. The pace would be just too slow. I'll have to give it a few years before I do my ME1-2-3 Insanity Infiltrator Paragon Femshep, just to get the exact opposite of the experience I had with a male Renegade Vanguard.

Join us in the MP thread. You can try out the other flavors of Vanguard. All of them require the ridiculous and near-suicidal playstyle that Vanguard Shep uses.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Nah, banshees just mean you have to add one more button to your "win gaem" formula (just back up a bit before you nova)

Dodge away at the apex of your Nova. It still hits at the same spot, but now you're safely out of grab reach. In short, play some MP, it'll let you practice combat until it's all muscle memory and destroying two Banshees at a time is a breeze.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

BrokenKnees posted:

Remake of Rogue Squadron with Mass Effect ships instead. Though the only issue with that is there only being like 4 ship designs that aren't the Normandy.

Or there would be many more, but the vast majority of players would still be role playing their "Shepard" and you'd only see Normandy SR1/SR2 flying around.

Much like how there's a ton of Soldier-class (or more realistically, caster classes being shoehorned in as a Soldier) in the current MP.

I, for one, would have loved to get into that Cerberus fighter on Firebase White.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Sentinel Red posted:

"Behold...Derpatron."
*hhhhhhhkkkkkkkkksshh*

So basically Unicron? Only without a robot mode.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Extra Smooth Balls posted:

Aren't those turrets essentially what elcor wear on their backs?

It should have been that way. You get up to the wall, you get on yet another loving turret sequence... then you start getting pulled away from the wall.

The turret is strapped to the side of an Elcor, Dino-Riders style. The targeting VI had been damaged, so the Asari was yelling at you to get on the gun. It goes on a scripted path because the Elcor knows where to go how to gently caress poo poo up.

Depending on how well you clear out enemies before they reach the wall or the Elcor, he or she either dies heroically or stamps down on the last Brute's head with a one liner. "[Badassfully]: Reap this."

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Torrannor posted:

This. There will be goons who will buy the games on day one and they will tell us if ME4 or DA:I suck. We cannot say anything about ME4 in any case, because there were no informations released. DA:I looks fine so far, judging from the few things we know.

If they include MP again that's as satisfying as ME3's, it'll be a preorder for me. I'll be your test space hamster.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Caufman posted:

God drat. Even Kaiden's mental health is boring.

It's just preconditioning because once you heard Carth's voice when he introduced himself you were already looking for the "Oh, shut up already!" dialog choice.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Inverness posted:

No. This is not a door I want opened by EA of all places. They're already the worst sort of people. We'll end up with $40 "episodes" with a fraction of the content.

To top it off, I'm more than sure EA will monetize the crap out of ME4 given that we already had a good amount of content not available without Javik's DLC, but at a smaller scale to fit with an episodic format. It'll be Buy Your Own Adventure going forward.

"You can keep going down this corridor to the next firefight, but you can buy access to this side corridor for just $1.99 and replenish medi-gels and ammo plus have access to a Premium Spectre Pack that may contain a new ultra rare gun..haha, no, just kidding, gently caress you, it's Explosive Ammo IV."

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Xander77 posted:

Pony tail space ninja. Pony tail. Space ninja.

Just shoot him, Shepard!

There's a pay off to this. It's not the best pay off for some, but drat if it wasn't satisfying for me.

Also, show of hands- who didn't take that...choice?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Generic American posted:

In a universe that also contains a certain Kaidan Alenko, you are objectively wrong. :colbert:

Well, yeah, but it's hard to beat a pile of ash when you're looking for boring.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

PupsOfWar posted:

Folding Jacob's ME2 content together with the plot from the iphone game (replacing the fetch-quest parts of the latter with the former) might work if it weren't for, you know, Hollywood's approach to black people

Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Have to Get Involved in This Mass Effect?" -featuring Tyler Perry as a smack talking Eve.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

How about a Control ending, but in times of crisis, God-Emperor Shep shits out an avatar to deal with something that requires a knife instead of a Thanix cannon? So you have a canon ending, you dont have to talk to your hat (although one of my Sheps looks like Postlethwaite, so that would be kind of cool), and you can continue with your trilogy character or create a new one.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

Except some people don't want God Shep or Control the canon ending. Why can't the Reapers be destroyed and you play as a new character?

I don't think EA will let them abandon "Shepard" as a character. The Destroy ending necessitates that the events in the next game follow Shepard if they're not abandoning the character and there's still too many issues with the ending that I dont think they can write a satisfying follow up to even though they would given 3 different chances to do so at that point. A fresh start either far in the future or a prequel that only touches the existing games in terms of prexisting background is the best bet for not getting caught in their own crappy writing.

Believe me, I chose Destroy repeatedly, but I just dont have enough faith in Bioware (or that EA won't dictate things in a stupid direction).

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

2house2fly posted:

I did it sometimes with thresher maws. I didn't mind so much about the xp, I mainly did it to own them.

Or the armatures and colossi. Roll in with the Mako, then pop out with sledgehammer rounds using it as cover.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Zedd posted:

In my eyes it really doesn't matter when they set it, as long as it's good. Hell you can set it during ME3 and just retcon the worst aspects of the ending's effects some more.

As long as we get a Krogan sQUADmate again I'm good.

But years of MP (poo poo, it has been years) has made me want to BE the Krogan. Renegade/Paragon choices are decided if you talk before headbutting or just get on with the headbutting.

And I completely agree with you sentiment. I know it's kind of a low brow approach, but I just want the next game to be fun. They've gotten the combat mechanics really tight with ME3, especially with dynamics with different combinations of squadmates.

Most sci-fi stories have enough holes in them to sink a ship, but as long as you're having fun, most of those holes get looked over.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Mustang posted:

I would play the hell out of a Mass Effect FPS. poo poo even a FPS RPG like the Elder Scrolls series would be sweet.

If they just widen your FOV, they can keep it as a TPS. Having half your screen filled with your character's back in middle of a fire fight was how I got grabbed by Brutes/Banshees/Phantoms on my first go around.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

"But this comes with free scheduled mainentenance every 50,000 years hereafter."

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Come on Bioware, give us what we really want:

Why not- the Volus got included in MP.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

JawKnee posted:

People seem to hate him because it's the VOICE OF CARTH

but I liked boring old Kaidan

also he's from the future of my hometown

Boring he may be, but he's nowhere as useless as Carth was. (Kaidan died a hundred deaths on Virmire before my memories of Carth's whining began to fade). He's decent to awesome (depending on your character build) in ME3- miles ahead of Ashley.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Secretly undo Garrus's calibrations every right after he goes to sleep. Got to give the old bird something to do shipboard.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

uaciaut posted:

In ME2 i remember squad mates working better with some weapons that weren't optimal for Shepard (carnifex, tempest vs phalanx and locust for example).
Does the same hold true for ME3?

I mean i'm still figuring out the best weapons for my infiltrator Shepard, i'd probably have a much harder time figuring out best weapons for squad mates.

A lot of people seem to recommend the particle rifle as assault rifle of choice on squad members for example, is this true?

This is true. My all Soldiers run got really boring after giving both Ashley and James the Particle Rifle- it burns through enemies fast after it's spun up (you hear a change in pitch from humming coming from the beam).

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Physics engine what the fuuuuuck

No, this is actually in keeping with the fact that the Batarian Hawaiian Punch focuses the rage of a thousand suns into a small area near you enemies face, collapsing it along with the head.

If the rest of the body happens to be in motion, you get to go along for the ride thanks to gravity.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

Only if it means I finally get to play a Krogan Infiltrator.

Damage multiplier only applies to melee, but you can one hit kill a YMIR mech with a backhand.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Mr Tastee posted:

Weird question, but does anyone here like the volus? I really like them because in a world of badass criminals and military types, the volus are basically middle-aged accountants. They're so harmless that it's wonderful.

Tell that to these guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMplxckHcY&t=22s

(Almost positive this a goon video.)

tribbledirigible fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 28, 2015

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Speaking of old Bioware games, I wish they'd do something like Jade Empire, where you can switch styles, or classes for Mass Effect, on the fly.

Sniping not working out? Switch to Vanguard. Overload not doing much to armor? Switch to Adept and Warp.

Sure it'll kill replay value on the SP, but it'll be a hell of a SP run.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Yes, but squadmate power cooldowns have left me hanging. They're great at what they're specialized fir and for drawing fire, but their rate of power use is about as often as a pubbie on Silver.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

TheCenturion posted:

I just wanted to make it cannon that the whole starchild thing was a hallucination.

Now, for bonus points, bump it to thirty years in the future, and it's Shepard's kid leading the expedition (maybe biological, maybe adopted, depending on who you claim to have banged.)

Or clone. The Alliance/Cerberus could have scraped up the meat smear of nuShepard from the sidewalk and started over.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Elvis_Maximus posted:

So do people still play multiplayer? I have to imagine it's pretty dead at this point, but I missed the 3100 fleet point threshold to get the last tier of endings and apparently it's either buy DLC, buy an iPad app or somehow play multiplayer to raise my last bit of fleet score.

Or is there another option? Apparently I missed one of the illusive man events which would have let me get the final points in the ending, 300 points short :shepicide:

Still very populated. But even just doing all the quests would still give you enough points for all the endings.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Call me when I can be a gay biotic volus like I am in ME3 multiplayer

Call me when you can be a gigantic gay volus.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

drkeiscool posted:

But isn't Arrival the DLC that ties ME2 to ME3, and thus the most important?

If you pick the renegade option you get to murder a fuckton of Batarians. If you pick the paragon option, you get to murder a fuckton of Batarians . So, it's really getting you ready for Mass Effect 3 in more ways than one.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Rinkles posted:

No game won't be improved by the inclusion of a jet pack. I think.

If it lets you Nova from any altitude with a damage multiplier based on height then, gently caress yeah, gimme that jetpack. Every opening move to a combat encounter that is near a mountain, hill, cliff, building, stairs, or a chair is going to start with a nuclear pile driver.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Fishbowl helmets and skin-tight unpressurized mechanical pressure suits.

Skin-tight suits should have looked like Missy Elliot music video from the 90's in both gameplay and in cutscenes.

As for country in my Mass Effect game, this song always plays in my head when using the Paladin in MP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvxu8QY01s

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Then the Mattock was poo poo in 3 :( As was the Locust.

In Memoriam:

ME2 Locust
ME2 Mattock
ME2 Revenant
ME2 Carnifex

Thank god they gave us the Hurricane, the Saber, the Harrier, and the Talon to make up for them.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Kurieg posted:

The only thing about Citadel I don't like is the first sequence where you're stuck with the completely unmodded pistol, no medigel, and no other gear. The run from the spectre door to the car lot in particular is terrible with it's wonky cover and the fact that all the sight lines are skewed against you.

I realize that's partially the point but "turtling behind a potted plant and spamming concussive shot until the bad guys go away because you ran out of ammo and there isn't any more" isn't super fun.

Were you going for headshots? The M11 Suppressor has a ridiculous headshot modifier (x4 damage) that would have made up for your lack of armor/mod bonuses.

E:fb

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Error 404 posted:

This guy knows what's up.
Worth doing ng+ twice just so I could do a third full run with mkX with V mods.

If rares and poo poo didn't suck so hard to get, I'd go for this in my MP loadouts too.

The M11 is fairly easy to get to X. And the Lancer, like the Harrier, starts awesome at I amd just keeps getting better and better.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Kurieg posted:

The glitch only exists with the multiplayer version, and only along one of the two options for rank 5 (I think it's rank 5)

The reason why you don't want to use it in multiplayer is it shakes everyone's screen in the immediate area, making it impossible for your other party members to aim if they're within 15 yards of you.

That's if your party is even using guns much. Being that Shockwave goes through walls, detonates all priming powers, has a fast cooldown, and the biggest biotic explosion damage modifier, I want my Adept/Vanguard/Sentinel teammate spamming that like crazy. And the glitch only happens on PC, us console plebs can go with the Area evo with no issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

You don't always have to be the Avengers, sometimes it's okay to be something smaller and still tell a fun story.

Nu-Shep: "Thanks for helping me out with those mechs, Krogan guy."
Nu-Wrex: "Ha-HA. No problem, I was just putting up dry wall next door." [Holds up Graal Spike Thrower.]

• Locked thread