Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
I've had a couple of screamy, sweary customers, but like most people here, I barely held it together and then had a cry out back as soon as they were gone. A chap did throw a (still packaged) sandwich at me when I told him I had to charge him VAT to eat in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Sadly true. I worked in a video game shop and would have customers refuse to be served by me at the tills or who waited to speak to one of my male colleagues when needing advice.

One chap came up to queue at the counter and when I came free, I asked if I could help. He shook his head and said he was waiting for my colleague, so I assumed they knew each other or that the customer had been served by him before. Nope. He just wanted advice on the latest FPS games and my colleague admitted it wasn't his speciality and handed him over to me.

Then the entire shop broke in to rapturous applause.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

constantIllusion posted:

Popular people being assholes to everyone and treating the school's hallways as Fashion Week runways while never having to answer to authority is only a thing in movies and on tv. :ms:

Sadly not so at my school - the so-called popular kids were the bullies, though they'd often turn on their own at random and ostracise a former 'cool kid' completely. But yeah, the rest of the time seemed to be spent being pricks to everyone else, so God knows why we considered them 'popular'.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Also, remember that these are the nerds who always love the villains in their animes because they're so complex and misunderstood~

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

cptn_dr posted:

Spoilers for Les Miserables.
A screenshot from Tumblr, shared on Facebook, involving people shouting out in a movie theater. WhyIHateTheInternet.jpg

It's okay that you're not enough of a Whovian to realise Steven Moffat literally invented the concept of jumping off buildings.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

ActionZero posted:

I'm pretty sure that guy was offering to let the other guy sleep with two models then not tell anyone.

I think it was more along the lines of 'I'll tell people you bonked two of the models and are thus really unprofessional', then the offer. But who cares? This S clearly DH.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

According to the Europeans I know, Americans actually are a lot louder than they think they are. That may be skewed by the fact that tourists in general are pretty goddamn obnoxious, though.

People over here in Britain tend to talk with their head voice; it's softer and doesn't carry as far. Americans, especially those from California and Florida, seem to talk from their chest. The sound's a little more... Booming.

NB. This is based on anecdote and some understanding of voice quality from singing lessons.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

And then we have the STDH-phobia Anatidaephobia, the fictional fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you. I was so sad when I learned that this was not actually real.

I'd actually be really happy if I constantly thought a duck was watching me. But then, I love ducks :3:

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Palisader posted:

Well, and there's also a chain store (sort of like less successful Walmart) in the UK called Tesco, which is what immediately popped into my head. "Oh honey you're so bright and special and wonderful that we named you after a supermarket chain where you can buy both baked beans and blank DVDs at the same time!"

Poor Asda never could compete with his sister.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

I love that Beats-tuna dad clarified that his daughter couldn't even enjoy the tuna as she's allergic to it.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Khazar-khum posted:

Oh God, yes. Right between the eyes. With a little banner that says, 'I'm an rear end in a top hat to disabled people'.

Ran into some today, in fact. People bitching about how they can't take their dogs into the store, but I can. Well, tell you what, sweetheart. You put months of training into your dog, socializing it until it's inured to traffic, screaming idiots, carts, smells, public restrooms(Mia hates them--she thinks people are disgusting), sitting through dinner and movies, plus taking tests to see if you're ready as a team, and then talk to me.

Oh, I almost forgot--have something so very seriously wrong with you that your entire life is dependent on the judgement of a dog. Who, by the way, is accurate over 90% of the time, and is always reliable.

Here she is, Christmas shopping for her Poodle family:

She's adorable. I've never seen a service poodle before - could be that some of the arseholes are confused and assume all service dogs are labradors? But I'm sure a lot of them are just dicks, like the people who mutter about me when I request the priority seat on public transport or the tourists I used to deal with on the London Eye who couldn't understand why they had to fold their buggy but someone in a wheelchair wasn't expected to fold their chair :doh:

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Sierra Nevadan posted:

People ask you to get up out of your wheelchair for "just a minute?" WTF

People are dickholes. A lot of them assume that if you're not paralysed, you're faking. The looks I've received when I've moved my legs whilst in a wheelchair...

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Those darn nerdy substitute teachers, always threatening to kiss their students.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Pretty sure that paedophile game is real, it's almost as Pantu the Dog was!

Those poor kids, interfered with by a penis-shaped sound wave.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

When I worked at a DVD shop, we had a chap in his early thirties who used to regularly come in and make a purchase from our limited 'blue' section. Like clockwork, he'd come back a few days later with his angry mother, who'd demand we let him return it.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

All the adults and students saw me do the motion.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

bringmyfishback posted:

I admit that "Mountain Jew" made me giggle.

EDIT: How likely is it that a woman wearing a face-covering burqa would be working? Not being sassy, genuinely curious.

Not that unlikely, honestly. I know some moderate Muslims who choose to wear the full burqa or at least the niqab. There are also numerous women at my uni who wear the lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

That was Churchill :britain:

• Locked thread