Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Jesus Christ.

As a DJ, I gotta say wtf. Why on earth would you have turntables (look like Stantons) in the back? Ok I get that you need a 2 channel mixer, so lets use babby's first battle mixer, but seriously. Then you paint over the platters with the same god awful paint scheme. Never mind that you cover the up the platters with a slip mat. At least I hope to god he uses a slip mat otherwise he will be chewing up every piece of vinyl he puts on it. Once again, what the christ. I cannot fathom this at all.

Plus that's gotta be uncomfortable as gently caress to mix on regularly. Especially since it is setup in battle formation, hinting that this person likes to scratch; if they even know how to spin at all.

</end DJ rant>

That's an unfortunate amount of money spent to achieve nothing.

I need a drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Cakefool posted:

Volvo used to put an honest-to-good analogue clock instead of the tach :3:

My 82 Volvo didn't come with a tach. It had an optional one put in. I was taught to never look at the tach and to use the feel of the clutch and the sounds the engine was making to determine my gear changes.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

The world ending meteor cannot come for this miserable planet fast enough.

Coconut Colin! He used to post about his car for a while on turbobricks. The interior is a sight to see. Think sky blue shag carpeting; everywhere.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

"Honda" :haw:

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

This confuses me, not the Bible verse, but did they glue / weld the hood shut?

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
I DD an 82 245 wagon. It's my resto project.

Earlier models have issues with the wiring; as in it's biodegradable. I've already replaced the engine wiring harness, and the rear wiring harness for my tailgate. Its already got the M46 manual in it and has been a solid workhorse for me for the last 2 years. I love this car.

Slap in a turbo and some sway bars and you are set for an awesome ride on the cheap. Also parts are stupid easy to find, at least for me here in the PNW.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
You people and your fancy cupholders. I got none in my 82 Volvo. All I got is a little indent inside the glovebox lid. Everytime I go through the drivethrough, I have to ask for a drink carrier and just place it on the passengers seat.

Solar Coaster fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 10, 2014

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
It's not a Kia, it's a Scion

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

That's some hoarder level poo poo right there.

Nonsense! He's still got all that space under the car that hasnt been utilized.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Light chat:

I totally get what everyone is saying here. My 82 Volvo has a 77 front end, meaning single round headlights and that's it. Like this:

Most other cars around me are so much brighter than i have been seriously considering replacing all my light bulbs in the car with LEDs. Priced it out and it would be around $250 give or take. It's a bit steep, but I feel if I go through with it, my car will be more visible on the road.

Also, thanks to all the brighter lights on the road, makes it harder to see my instrument cluster as well since my interior lights are 30+ years old. Might have to get that upgraded too.

Solar Coaster fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 31, 2014

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
This has been showing up in the parking garage at work. Sorry for the terrible quality pics.

BMW M3 Frozen Grey edition

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Wasn't the Bentley/Hyundai supposedly owned by Will Smith or something? Thought I heard that the last time these pics made their rounds.

Saw this in the car parked next to me at the store.

Solar Coaster fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 24, 2015

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

GOD IS BED posted:

Saw this abomination while stopped at a light:

http://imgur.com/a/gZ2Uk

I love that that thing is still rolling around

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

I went to their website and found this....

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Powershift posted:

You're all terrible car stuff.

I guess with gay marriage legal now, limo companies had to adapt.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
I work a swing shift so I'm off work at 10pm. Around that time, theres not much traffic. Today I nearly took out a person who decided that longboarding in middle of the 2 lane road dressed in all black was a good idea. When I passed them they were using the left turn lane to go down another street. wtf people.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Night Danger Moose posted:

Parked in front of a vape shop, because of course it was. Pardon the photo quality, I took them through my side window.

For a second I thought that was a PT Cruiser

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Night Danger Moose posted:

Terrible car stuff - was finally going to my first cars n coffee, got there and it was cancelled due to weather. It's only overcast!

Out of curiosity, where was this?

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

I can assure all Everett-hating goons that the East side of the state is far worse.

-Tri-Cities goon here.

I'll second this as a Seattle native. Everett is awesome. My best experience was being hungry in Everett at last call. Everything was closed except for the one Jack in the Box in downtown. There was a huge line of cars and a bunch of random people milling about the parking lot. One guy didnt have a shirt and on his shoulder he had a red macaw parrot. We get through the drive through and pull into the parking lot and start eating when we hear a grunt at the drivers side window. We look up and there's a guy in a stained wife beater standing there and grunting. He told us he was just released from jail and wanted food. We tossed one of those Jack in the Box tacos away from the car and drove away when he was going after it.

Then there's the tri-shitties.

I bought my Volvo 245 from a pair of lesbians who moved from Cap Hill to Kennewick. Let me describe the drive there entering this magical town:

You arrive in a field with a few sparse houses. One is painted like the US flag. The entire loving house is a flag. Down the road you approach the 9/11 memorial which is literally just a bunch of twisted I-beams stuck upright in a field and some flags stuck to it. While Everett has some meth, most people are actually just alcoholic Navy guys. Kennewick is straight up Meth-town. One big poo poo hole. I go meet with the owners of the Volvo in Kennwick and they showed me all the damage caused by the locals to the car. They ripped off the liberal and gay equality based bumper stickers, and even scraped one of them off with a knife.

I'll take Everett over any of the tri-shitties.

TotalLossBrain posted:

I was in Colfax for two years and that was legit worse than any other place I've lived.
It was also the only place I've ever hit a deer. Fuckers used to hang out in my front yard.

gently caress Colfax with a pineapple as well. I hate having to drive through it to get to Pullman. Biggest speed trap I've ever been to.

Solar Coaster fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 17, 2016

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Geoj posted:

Jesus gently caress, my state (Ohio) actually has a law on the books that you cannot be cited for less than 5 over the posted limit outside of situations like school zones or where it would be unsafe for conditions. 2 MPH is well within margin of error of most speedometers at highway speeds.

gently caress any state where you can be cited for 2 MPH over the limit on the highway.

Colfax man, Colfax. It somehow managed to get itself the County seat in Whitman County. It even still has it's hanging pole so you can see where they hung people! How fun! My fiancée is from Pullman so we make seasonal trips out there to visit friends and family.

Colfax is a shithole that all highways force you to pass through it. Highway 26 is the most common since its on the way to Pullman and Washington State University. When you drop into Colfax, you drat well better make sure you are doing EXACTLY the speed limit by the time you approach the signs. If the sign says 35, you better do 35. The actual highway speed drops from 55 to 25mph in downtown Colfax. There are cops constantly sitting there waiting for anyone and will pull people over for absolutely the smallest infractions they can find. The speed staggers down when entering this hell on earth and staggers back up when leaving it (55 > 35 > 25 > 35 > 55). I know someone who got pulled over for doing 55mph twenty feet in front of the 55mph sign. Technically still a 35 and he got nailed for it. I always recommend setting your cruise control to 22 - 23mph and just hunkering down till you leave it's lovely limits.

The best is watching WSU students who arent from the area blow past you on highway 26 approaching Colfax. 9 out of 10 times you'll find them on the side of the road lit up by the cops.

Colfax needs to be burned down and the ground salted.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

JazzmasterCurious posted:

This car is not Terrible Car Stuff, but Doug's review is, as always. Behold the Lamborghini Jarama (which I didn't know existed, and it's beautiful!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH65wZfN62k

I usually groan a lot when watching Doug's videos but this is just hilarious. "The radio is not in the center console, it's a whole other place." (it's in the center console). What the weird light in the gauge cluster is I don't know but I guess handbrake and indicator and something else?

I've seen one of these in person. Here in Seattle there is a semi-private garage that stores one. It's in tip top shape and regularly driven by an old woman; who appearently owns one of the hotel skyscrapers here. From the garage I was at, they said there were only about 5 of these left. Not sure how credible that is but still an interesting oddball.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

eyebeem posted:

Exactly how many BTTF-inspired purchases are in this garage?

Only two. But there were tons of great cars. I'll post them in the Awesome AI thread later.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

Any ideas on what this car used to be?

Early model Jaguar XJ?

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Darchangel posted:

Look at the little arrow on the gas gauge if you can't remember. not all cars have it, though

Alternately, on most cars now built (within the last 20 years) the pointer on the fuel guage will be pointing in the same direction as where the tank is. Ie, if the point is on the left, tank is on the left.

Solar Coaster fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 7, 2018

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Is that the Dragon Vette from a few years back?

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

beep-beep car is go posted:

I don't know who to hate in that video.

One the one hand: Coal roller
One the other: douche corvette driver.
:psyduck:

Typical Zipper Merging here in the Seattle Area. This is expected behavior here.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Poetry in motion

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

LongSack posted:

Didn’t get a picture, but today I saw an E350 van in a 4x4 configuration. Maybe it was on an F350 chassis? Whatever, it looked odd. Can’t really see anyone off-roading an econoline

That's a popular thing here in the Pacific Northwest. Look for Adventure Vans.

http://vanhausconversions.com/desert-sand/

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Spiderman approves, for some reason

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Removing the radiator cap while the engine is hot.

https://i.imgur.com/Ipmi09q.mp4

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Look at this photograph

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
When I was born in 86, my mom had a brand new, white, 1st gen 86 Toyota Camry - with a turbo diesel engine! I have fond memories of my folks stomping the gas on the highway and letting a giant black cloud of exhaust out the back.

My dad on the other hand, had an acid green Chrysler K Car / Dodge Aries wagon. I loved riding in the back of that thing. But it was such a piece of poo poo that the car broke down about once every 2 weeks. My dad's mechanic finally told him he would fix the car for free if he sold it later.

This was the only pic I could find in the color of the car we had. Fitting it's in a junk yard.

Did this rub off on me? I dunno, I'm only restoring an 82 Volvo 245 wagon that I am doing an LS+T5 swap in.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Doesn't Ford call the Ecosport and SUV? And it's teeny tiny.

I just started seeing these on the road just recently. They look like a bulbous Fiesta. Tiny little wheels at each end are adorable. I can't imagine they be any good on anything other than a flat gravel road.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

beep-beep car is go posted:

Saw this on the ride home...it’s a lot to take in

I dunno why, but the "You shall not pass" sticker terrifies me the most. I feel like that is just announcing they are those people who speed up when you try to pass them and then slow down to 10 under because "We have to do the speed limit :byodame:"

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
Photos of the move:

https://i.imgur.com/M1jdU5H.mp4

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/nVbkeqR.mp4

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
I dont even know on this one but I am dying to see this thing move.

https://i.imgur.com/i0VFa4g.mp4

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

Story time:
Since I've been commuting by car again, I've been noticing this orange lamborghini huracan on its way to wherever at the same time of the morning, out in the suburbs where my office is.
It hurts to see.
I've always loved lamborghinis. To me they've always been truly exotic. The playthings of wealthy playboys, entertainers and drug lords. Not something you drive to work Monday to Friday 9 to 5 out in the bleak suburban wastelands. I mean, kudos to this guy daily driving it to his lucrative business selling groffel grommets or making bus station advertising signs or whatever passes for excitement out here.
It just cheapens the whole experience of seeing one. Seeing an orange lamborghini should brighten your day, not be cause to reflect on the bleakness of existence.
It's like seeing a prize winning thoroughbred being used to pull a dung cart.

You don't happen to live in the Kirkland / Redmond area of Washington do you? There's a guy who dailys an orange Gallardo and a neon green one for the last few years there.

Honestly, I got more props for the people who continuously drive their over priced exotics and seem to just get the enjoyment out of it as and use it as a daily opposed to people who use it as a status symbol and keep it locked up in a private garage. At least this guy plays with his toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Darchangel posted:

One of the replies on Twitter:

Did he cover up the gas cap with the extra fenders?