Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
App13
Dec 31, 2011

Just picked this up at the local Tokyu Hands. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Closet Cyborg posted:

what keyboard is this? It looks glorious.

PC 122 Black 5250 Buckling Spring USB (I have no idea if they are any good, I just saw it pop up in the keyboard thread)
http://pckeyboard.com/page/PC122/UB40B5A

I just picked on of these suckers:

Its a Filco Minila 60% mechanical keyboard with CherryMX Blue switches.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Picked up a Nexus 7

and an Automat Kalashnikov 74 knife.

Both are awesome.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Raikiri posted:

I know there's a new one coming but I got a good enough price not to care.

Crap, I did not know that. Oh well, it was cheap.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

I've read all the issues of the new Hawkeye and loved it, was definitely one of the best titles I'd come across cold. It's a really humanizing take on Clint Barton - if you haven't read it, I hope you enjoy it!

I want to cut the tabacco part of smoking out of my life, and I recently bought the eroll vapour cigarette.

I've been using it for over a week, and have gone from about a pack a day to having smoked eight or ten smokes in the past nine days. It's not the same, but when you don't stink and what you're inhaling tastes like candy and you can be warm in bed and still nicking, it's pretty great.

What's the draw like, and how much vapor does it produce?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

carnivaljunkie posted:

Finally got myself a proper TV stand. We'd been using a converted night stand. But now we're proper as gently caress. Got the xbox and DVDs a nice little home.

Pictures please!

Edit: Nevermind, my computer just didn't load the image...

App13 has a new favorite as of 20:08 on May 26, 2013

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Wayne Gretzky posted:

Yeah some body just told me about that and now I'm super bummed out :(

Woah woah wait, I wear this watch every day. What's the story behind this?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's commonly used in the making of bombs by terrorist groups, as it's cheap and reliable. I've also heard even buying one can put you on a watchlist, but I'm sure that's just a myth.

Well hey, now I know what to do with this if I ever replace it.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Casu Marzu posted:

Nikonos III by g.hetzel, on Flickr

:whatup:

Old school underwater 35mm camera. Good down to 50 meters.

That's awesome! How much did you get it for, if you don't mind my asking.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

The hot cocoa and powdered lemonade weren't sweet enough, but adding some sugar made them taste fine.

Take the cocoa mix, add a bunch of sugar, powder coffee (if it came with any) and a bit of water. Mix well with spoon provided and enjoy.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

woot fatigue posted:

nor lives in Harajuku

That's where I go to get drunk! :D

App13
Dec 31, 2011

To add to Vinylchat, just picked up these:

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Edit: Double post

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Obscurum posted:

Saw this on sale today and could not pass up upgrading my first gen nook. Can't beat new for 59$!

That thing is amazing. Mine has lasted a combined year underway on a naval vessel without so much as a scratch.

Content: Picked up a mobile battery pack by mophie for about $60. It's pretty great so far.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

My old phone stopped charging, so I decided it was time for an upgrade.

Galaxy Note 3

And to help get some weight back on after a particularly bad virus:

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

That's why they added a "one hand mode." Which makes complete sense...

One hand mode actually works pretty well.

The phone is BIG, but it is very light, and doesn't feel unwieldy at all.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Pitch posted:

Boots. Not the stylish kind. :geno:

What are the flaps for?

Content:

Technics SL-5

App13
Dec 31, 2011

woot fatigue posted:

UNF. Is that linear? I used to have a Bang & Olufsen with linear tracking but ran into some issues.

Yeah it's linear. They work great if you can find one that's been treated well. Bang & Olufsen are great, but the cartridges are just so drat expensive.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

leidend posted:

Augh I can't stop buying Note 3 cases

Which ones would you suggest? I'm in the market.

Content:

Bluetooth OBD II thingie for my car. Links up with an android app to show mpg, diagnostics, trip cost, etc. For $25 I figure it'd be neat to mess around with.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Picked up some moleskin notebooks and a Uniball Jetstream.

I don't see the big deal about moleskins, but the Jetstream may be the best pen I've ever used.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Monoprice cables are the brick shithouses of the interconnect world.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Koss PortaPro's for $25 on amazon. Love these things, had a pair a few years ago.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Levi's 511 raw denim. Normally $58, $26 after Black Friday coupon on their site.

I didn't know they made 511 raw's. Link?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

I didn't either, and considering the normal price is $58, I'm not sure what to believe: http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4101270

That's a hell of a deal, I ended up getting some 510's.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

And of course,

Got the a great deal on the guitar from a local mom n' pop, and rocksmith was $50 at target.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Tulip Candy posted:

Everlane sent me a $20 credit since I have never purchased anything from them, so I bought the cheapest thing they had, which was a $20 black tank top. With shipping, it was $1.75, so thanks Everlane!

I absolutely love everlane, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Butt Wizard posted:

Our household's recent purchase:

What kind of car is that?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

woot fatigue posted:

You also have to take into consideration that I'm paying at least 30% less than retail price.

Go on...

Content:

Katahdin Iron Works boots from LL Bean

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Sappo569 posted:

Content:

GTX 780 Superclocked

Hello future!

Hot drat. Rig Specs?

App13
Dec 31, 2011

A cheap Epiphone Banjo:

A book so I can learn me some Latin:

And some new vinyl:

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Agar Agar posted:

Do you know how to play already? I've had one sitting around for a few years and decided to pick it up and learn. It is difficult, but I'm learning from youtube videos, so...

I play a little guitar, but I had never played the banjo before.

I'm coming along pretty decently watching these bluegrass tutorials. My only advice is to make sure you are really solid playing with the right hand before you try anything on the left.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Robawesome posted:

The initial cost on a "good" pair of jeans can be off-putting when you're used to spending $20 on Wranglers at Wal-Mart, but nice, expensive selvedge denim is meant to be worn day-in and day-out for basically several years straight, so it's a bit cheaper if you look at it that way. You can also easily find N&F on sale for ~$100 if you aren't too picky about what style you want. I paid $125 or so for the Regular Guys I've been wearing for something like fifteen months now, they're sick.

How do these brands compare to the likes of Levis? (The ones bought on the online store, if that makes any difference.)

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Totally TWISTED posted:

Not as pricey as I thought it would be. Can you really taste the truffle infusion?

I live in :911: so this is basically curiosity but hey.

What is the deal with truffles? I've been hearing about them a bunch as of late.

Content:

AM by the Arctic Monkeys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

My ranch in an alright neighborhood cost the same amount as you're house.

I hate New England.

Content: Bought a lot of supreme clothes. Nylon Hooded Pullover, box logo hoodie, box logo tee.

• Locked thread