Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Participated in my first ever small 300pt tourney this weekend and man this game is hardcore

After a month of irregular various-points play, I can barely keep track of my own rules (tiger soldier has mimetism and should not be that easy to kill) and now I get that for a proper play I should check my opponent at every step and know his rules too. Even seasoned players here misunderstand a lot of rules, especially not very common ones. Like, for example, after I shut down opponents Magister Knights link with a hacker, they should have gone Extremely Impetuous and lose their partial cover - except my opponent forgot about it, and I learnt about it only the next day.
Also turns out that in various infinity videos on youtube, the mistakes are wayy too common, like firing surprise shots in reaction. Every game is a house rules game.
It helps a lot to have a spectator with a tablet/phone to check FAQ and provide an opinion - even if they are not a warcor/referee/veteran player. During tourney, of course, it is difficult to arrange.

Yet the most difficult part of Infinity for me is deployment: with variable missions and terrain, I think it would take eternity for me to learn where to put my Hsien so he would not get merked turn 1 and still be useful.

Nevertheless, even after a series of shameful losses. I enjoy the game a lot and even if I fall out of play, the minis are great and I am interested in at least three factions for them alone.

stupid observation - Ariadna use claymore mines on their blackjacks and actual claymores in caledonian forces :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

Doing this, I realised I have like zero light infantry, but two celestial guard are enough orders, IMO.

You should get some Kuang Shi, they are amazing in Vanilla and ISS alike.
4 Kuang shi + CG Controller are 5 orders for 33 points, and the CG controller provides smoke for Hsiens and Ru Shi. The most cost effective thing in the faction.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

in addition to fandoms going wild on Bakunin, ALEPH seems to be the biggest Age of Empires 2 fan in the universe

I really don't like the overly referential stuff, the recolored joker especially casts a vibe of a chinese mobile game or a bootleg bag

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

So, have some money to spend on Infinity, and debating what to get. I'm currently playing Yu Jing. Planning on playing Invincible Army when it comes out, so probably going to buy stuff towards that, but not really sure what to get, based on what limited knowledge we have of what will be in the sectorial. Any suggestions?

Yan Huo 2 Missile Launchers is a great ARO piece, Yan Huo HRMC is an effective Active Turn 5 dice murder machine, great units that you can already use in vanilla

Zhuyongs and Shang-Ji would probably build core/haris fireteams in the Invincible Army, but the former will get a SWC box and the latter are in dire need of a resculpt and maybe a profile rework.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

I snagged some Ninjas to go with my Hac Tao in the TO cup game, anyone used them much as vanilla YJ?

Probably paired up with some Guilang FO's/AHD, as they've been super dang useful in every game.

I mostly use only tactical bow KHD one, the points discount is too good to pass.
AHD Guilang, spitfire daofei and ninja team is pure midfield terror

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

When taking a camo LT you can confuse your opponent by taking basic blank infantry and pretending to play a shell game in order to bait out AD and impersonators.
TO and AD Lieutenants are worthless, because you pay premium on the SWC (2 on Dasyu LT holy poo poo) purely for gimmick value. Deploying without hidden option or going second and hoping to come out on ARO to avoid LoL is just a needless challenge.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

man dice in infinity truly have no mercy
avicenna rolling 19 when trying to wake up a custodier that has been my bane in transmission matrix, priceless
kuang shi managing to wound extremely armored rambo pieces with pistol shots is another good one

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

So what's the reasoning behind KHD's having Cybermask as a thing? And what's the benefit to the Impersonation state vs, say, TO Camo?

Not all KHD bearers have their own camo, especially Haqq ones. Impersonation state allows temporary protection and allows you to strike with a Surprise Shot -3 MOD on the next hacking attack.
TO and Camo KHD owners should use it only to get around mines (impersonation does not trigger them), otherwise they are better with reentering camo state.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

To turn Kuang poo poo into targeted/repeaters via biolocator you need to spend a short skill, turning them unconcious.
Here is why it is a bad idea to use it for smart missiles:

1) You need to get into the missile template range to cover enemies
2) You need to either avoid LOF (if you use smoke, then +1 order) or eat AROs from those that won't dodge at the sight of a kuang shi
3) Smart missile gets one chance to hit target(s) on 18 with a shameful damage 14 AP+DA roll, because kuang shi won't survive that
4) Enemy gets to dodge and if they do - whoops, you just sinked 2 to 3 orders for a dubious combo.

You are way better off just charging into that range (or even cc) shooting your chain rifle - if the enemy shoots/attacks without a DA or Shock weapon, your kuang shi is going to explode. Boom, two 13 Damage hits (way more if it is enemy fireteam or cheerleaders) for one order. Yes, enemy can and will dodge/tank it, but is was just a 5 pt model that you lost.

Smart missiles are terrible in general.

Biolocator is better used as a repeater for assault hackers if kuang shi is behind a wall from a LT that you can isolate or an enemy HI pain train.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

some of our local warcors are selling their huge armies, probably a poo poo ton of new releases are on the horizon

We are going to have our first russian satellite tournament next week, I am scared of two straight days of standing and raging over dicerolls.
and we have sooooo much good terrain now :pcgaming:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Southern Heel posted:

I got the USARF army box and it's super cool, but I'm worried - even with all those troops it's only 150pts against my buddy's Neoterran Capitaline Starter set which is over 220pts and he's bought a Tag too! What can I do to expand it out a bit without spending ALOT of cash?

Grunt box would help a lot, so you can work with a very solid link team as your core. Van Zant as stated above is a great choice.
While you can organically build from your box (grunt team, minutemen team, more foxtrots and bikes and droptroops), very soon your buddy would need to buy a Panoceania starter, because Neoterra needs cheap orders in Fusilers to fuel its murder machines

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

fully half those units are from other ips :thunk:

bakunin players are already pissed that someone is going to get better versions of Batou and Major in their army
as a vanilla YJ player i am pissed at the coming uprising that I will need to buy another support pack to replace Tokusetsu with terrible models and each costing a point more. but vanilla yu jing is the way of pain and regret anyway, and it does not look like Invincible Army is going to bring anything aside from flavor.

grassy gnoll posted:

There's a lady wearing a hacker headset that I'm guessing is the Delegate, who also appears to have bolts sticking out of her collar bones
Lady with a headset is Ryuken-9 also, for the Ghost in the Shell duet.
The delegate is a HVT model, a lady in kimono with a briefcase, probably limited like the dismounted biker from USARF pack.
Catlady Biker has a giant scythe to complete the reference

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Stooooooop you're making me want to go vanilla YJ instead of using the ISS I've already half-painted.

don't, its not worth it, they are the weakest vanilla faction imo
wasting 56 points and 2 swc on something that will drop only slightly slower than a TR bot against intruder or swiss guard will hit you hard

what, you don't think mishima fanboys would make good leaders? :madmax:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I've officially found a group of Infinity players in my area! Problem is I have no idea what my list should look like so I'm fiddling with a generalist group based on what I've read about what's good:

Imperial Service
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 4
CRANE IMPERIAL AGENT (X Visor) Spitfire, 2 Nanopulsers / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 54)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
XI ZHUANG Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, MadTraps / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
KUANG SHI Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
KUANG SHI Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)

GROUP 2 5
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
KǍNRÈN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
BÀO TROOP (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The Crane Agent, Celestial Guards, and Xi Zhuang are all in a 5-man Core fireteam, which if I'm reading the rules on this correctly means the Crane Spitfire gets 5 shots at effective BS 16?

Otherwise the gimmick is to set up the Bao Troop and Rui Shi on rooftops or in good firelanes to cover flanking attempts while the Kanren plays a shell game and pretends to be 2 different types of Kanren (is this allowed, or is the AHD open information?) while the Ninja Hacker hangs out and waits to eat opposing hackers or make an end run at the objective. Sophie's also there to patch people up if needed.

I've never actually played though, so I'm not sure if this list has any glaring weaknesses I might be missing or if it's just completely against what the ISS is meant to do. Any help is appreciated!

Get rid of Boarding Shotgun Kuang Shi in favor of Chain Rifles, if you dont use them in a link, they are not good for anything.
You get 12 points from that - throw a flashlight bot (chaiy yaokong) for 8 points in the first group to get them to 10 orders.
As was said, Rui Shi is not good for ARO - you want Total reaction Husong for that. Rui Shi is a great attack piece that you can buff anywhere on the field thanks to it being a repeater.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

So, Bostria said that nu-JSA is one of the 5 sectorials, so Invincible army is pretty much 100% shifted to next year or never, cool cool :smithicide:
good time to collect a proper army of chinese judge dredds instead

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

Don't play nomads, but what is it that makes RG's so much better?

They are extremely undercosted due to frenzy discount (nullified in a linked team), have MSV1 to hunt camos and Hyperdynamics to dodge templates.
Riot Girl Missile Launcher costs 33, Brigada is 40. Cheapest filler (Boarding shotgun) is 27 vs 33.
The only thing better than that is Hospitalier-Magister fireteam which is absolute bullshit.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

JoshTheStampede posted:

I don’t understand the logic there. JSA is one of 5 armies this calendar year to come out with models. There’s 4 left. Why wouldn’t IA be one of those four?

because JSA was a part of the Yu Jing line of models and doing a spotlight on 2 sectorials from a single line in a year makes no sense

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

LizardBeam posted:

Considering picking up more YJ after I get some more games under my belt. Maybe leaning towards IA. Tell me how terrible a list this is, even though I want to love it:

A Terrible Idea
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

10 3
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
ZÚYǑNG (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 28)
ZÚYǑNG Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 29)
YĀN HUǑ 2 Missile Launchers + TinBot C (Neurocinetics) / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 56)
YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
SHÀNG JÍ Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)
SUN TZE Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Boarding Shotgun, 2 Nanopulsers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 60)

5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

(You don't actually have to tell me, I can tell why. But I still think it'd be fun... to paint at least?)

if you really need an assault hacker in the list, consider Tiger Soldier to drop near enemy HI or TAG or Kanren masking as that same Shang ji, or Guilang to be in the midfield from the get go.
Also you really need a Doctor and not a Paramedic - so you can park a Yaozao near Yan Huo and get them up when they get critted.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

The fluff isn't really front and centre though. If you're just running army builder and the online rule books, you don't really encounter it.

I am pretty sure Kuang Shi from the rules alone give a good idea about Yu Jing values.

Don't know why some people are frustrated with the fluff part, it's okay to play bad guys. Probably spoiled by 40k and the need to cheer for their chosen variety of fascist lunatics. wargamers.txt

Toalpaz posted:

Even Ariadna is the bad guy... With their.... dogs... n such. Haqqislam with their humanism and focus on medicine and freeing slaves? They're Muslim.... shades of gray you see...

Don't know about Ariadna, but Qapu Khalqi are about on the level of modern Qatar, UAE or Saudi in not giving a poo poo about human rights and extensively using ruthless merc troops. Also Janissaries training, yikes

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

As the yu Jing player in that situation, if he elects to shoot you and you chain rifle him and he wounds you but you don't kill him, do you choose to exlode if you are in explode range or do you go dogged.

if you can hit with it, you should explode, because it is a free unopposed13 damage roll with shock - and thanks to a controversial shock FAQ, shock forces 2W models with NWI go unconcious after they lose last wound, so a single Kuang Shi can shut down Hector or Asura in one order.
of course there are various situations - like if going dogged woul let you put a template on multiple models on the next order

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

yesterday I finally got to use the Biolocator on a Kuang Shi - he made himself into a repeater and let my hacker to throw two Spotlights on an enemy HVT, winning me the game of Highly Classified by 1 card.
the gorgeous but RIDICULOUSLY dense table that I played on made me rethink a lot of tactics - S4 models like my Rui Shi or the enemy Peacemaker could barely move, enemy ML fusilier could barely see anything and perimeter weapons became very effective. And of course Kuang shi could freely move into good positions without triggering any AROs.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Hiro Protagonist posted:

What has been the general impression of the Infinity RPG? I would love to run a Haqqislam campaign or something like that.

It is extremely overloaded with mechanics, like just buying something pre-mission requires to run several attributes instead of just spending credits at a shop. Thank god there is an online character creation, because the book one requires to run a lot of tables.
The world background stuff is ace though, sure Guttier stalled the development by being a massive grog about his precious child, but it really shines in the end. Lot of details about minor worlds and factions.

I would advise heavily home-ruling it in favor of more narrative-driven system.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 19, 2018

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

As .a more serious point, what is Yu Jing's faction identity, now? Yu Jing used to be 'the close combat faction', but I'd say that JSA is more deserving of that title now, as YJ don't have any CC-driven units, merely some units that also have close combat abilities.

Unoptimized default faction outclassed by absolutely anything else in the game
aka pray to the dice god that your 50+ point HI wont catch crits

maybe midfield bullying with Guilangs and Daofei, but yet again, Bakunin reigns supreme there

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

a7m2 posted:

I love Ghost in the Shell and my friend wants me to play this with him so I picked the most GitS looking faction and I'm trying to build a list and was wondering if you guys could help.

I'm likely getting the Aleph (not Steel Phalanx) starter pack https://store.corvusbelli.com/products/aleph/280801-0219-starter-pack-aleph
I want to get it up to 300 points. What units do you guys recommend to get there? I've never played this game before so I have no idea where to begin.

My friend also recommended this: https://store.corvusbelli.com/products/aleph/280831-0399-aleph-support-pack

It is very likely that this year Aleph will get their starter pack and other models remade as part of the new Vedic sectorial - probably in a 2-player box with Ariadna Kazaks, that is rumoured to be announced at a Gencon in August. Current models are good, but the new ones will be in the current, bigger scale, so be prepared.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

a7m2 posted:

I think I'm going to hold off on Aleph until they are updated. Have the JSA or Yu Jing models been updated to the current scale? How can I tell?

You can check the sculpts history in photos on https://human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page. Main clue is general design change and non-potato faces.

For example, here is new Garuda:

Here is the older one:

almost always you would want a newer sculpt, not only they are prettier and in the current scale, but they are easier to build, have less moldlines and residual crap to remove

Yu Jing got massively updated with Red Veil starter, the old scale sculpts are: Support pack (new models just announced, coming in June), Celestial Guard box (coming later this year), Shang Ji (legacy unit, almost 100% will be completely reworked), Ninjas without bow. Pretty good in general.
JSA got completely updated, with several units (Asuka, Haramaki, Raiden) forcefully retired with complete replacements. Keisotsu special weapons box is coming very soon, Aragoto will be updated. The older sculpts that won't get a facelift are probably Karakuri and O-Yoroi - the latter is not that bad compared to some big rear end robots in other factions.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

What's all this about there being a scale change? I mean, I'm starting with the Japanese Secessionist Army, so I guess it doesn't really effect me, but I thought Infinity was in 28mm?

Some examples from my collection, sorry for crap photos
Here are two generations of Kuang Shi next to each other

Here is old Kuang Shi next to Zhanshi, basic infantry of Yu Jing - even with women in Infinity being noticably smaller than men of the same class, she towers over the scrawny prisoner

The change is even more drastic with heavy infantry, which got bulkier in general - here is oldschool Daofei, the same profile in current version from 2017 and current Hac Tao, the unit of the same weight class:

here is how Kriza Borac got first teased many years ago

and here is a roided monster of today

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

Saw this floating about;

I know Lunah is expensive for her category and MLX is bad, but used less than Sun Tze is :wtc:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I wonder what the Bakunin and MO unit usage in vanilla is like: only Zeroes, Moderators and Morlocks? Nothing for MO except Father Knight because of Icestorm?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

bit and kiss tape is real

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

a7m2 posted:

My friend is playing Combine Army. He wants Xeodron Batroids pilots, called STALDRON Remote Ancillary Units. Is the only way to buy them in the Avatar box? It doesn't look like you get one in the Xeodron box. Is there a way to get the pilot without buying the Avatar box (he'd rather not)? He needs two.

Unfortunately, no, you can't buy it outside of the new Avatar box.
A cheaper proxy option of a similar look is Scindron from the Combined army pilot blister, Karkata (the Marut pilot from Aleph that comes in a blister with Danavas), or Crabbot from Techbee blister.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 29, 2018

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

a7m2 posted:

Just got my first models. Is there anything I should know about assembling metal models? I've assembled thousands of 40k plastic and resin ones, but metal is new to me.

Clean them very throughly before assembling, use soap and a soft metal brush, like a suede brush cleaner, until the parts give a good shine.
Then, check for moldlines - on top of guns, on the inner side of the legs, even on some heads and get rid of them with your model knife or a file. Those are VERY annoying.
Prime properly and cover with varnish before painting - that will help you with transporting and when you inevitable drop you models, so you wouldnt get shining battle damage.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

God drat it Squalo and Lizard completely break designated target missions with HGLs.
Get 5 OP risking nothing in less than one turn, awesome.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

Only thing that gets me about the NA2 factions, is how restrictive their links are. If someone in that Wu Ming fireteam goes down, hope you've got a backup plan.

Yeah, just yesterday I forced my StarCo experimenting opponent to look for backup plans when I eliminated Massacre from the linked team - he could not throw away the team leader or immediately take healed Brigadas back in the link.
Still a better option than driving Corregidor Brigada train in anything but Limited insertion.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Ite dudes, am starting to compile the new OP, any info you want added? I'll do the re-org for the NA2 stuff and remove Japanese from YJ obviously, anything else missing?

A link to WGC Infinity zuccbook group;
https://human-sphere.com/ - an unoffical catalog of old and new models with snippets of fluff and concept art

Maybe a list of some Infinity terrain makers, like Bandua or Warsenal.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

In what situations should I use stun ammo for multis instead of just trying to kill the guy?

TAGs usually have equal or lesser BTS than armor (8-6 is the standard for heavy ones), so if they have a lot of unspent orders, it might be a good idea to shoot a stun shot in ARO - not only they will be forced to search for plan B, they won't be able to go into suppresive fire.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

I was thinking along those lines. Good to have it clarified.

Does anyone have any idea how to achieve that dark desaturated turquoise-y colour Giraldez uses on Yu Jing fatigues? Like these in particular. I'm very frustrated that unlike GW, CB doesn't provide default scheme paint guides.

It's because Giraldez wants you to buy his books!

But here are some free step-by-step guides with colors for yu jing troopers:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/StudioGiraldez/photos/?tab=album&album_id=486983284695917
http://studiogiraldez.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/shaolines.html

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Not a viking posted:

I was suddenly inspired to try out ISS. My first instinct was to run Hsien/Crane haris, Su Jian and 4+ kuang shi to fuel it. Am I way of?

Yeah, it is the main idea - have a strike team (Hsien Haris or Su-Jian) fueled by a Kuang Shi battery in one group, specialists and back-up srikers in the other.

While Hsien HMG in a haris might be a no-brainer choice for those sweet 5 dice, it will be difficult to utilize after you get rid of TR bots if you play on tables with appropriate amount of terrain. Multi-rifle will let you use your haris buddies more and will be more effective against camospam.

In button-pushing missions always have a CG with smoke launcher in a core link - covering whole field in smoke so your Sophotect or Kanren can effortlessly swoosh around is incredibly effective once you get rid of enemy MSV2.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Yu Jing: Guǐ Fēng Xi Zhuang

corvus belli can suck my dick

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

chin up everything sucks posted:

Shoot me now. I just started Infinity and picked Ariadna as my starting faction, then decided that infiltrating camo games would be a GREAT idea for a newbie! Because a bunch of unsupported forward line guys using crazy complicated rules can't go wrong, right?

- Never forget about Surprise shot - when your Tankhunter, Chasseur or Scout pops out on Active turn, he imposes -3 to everything that your opponent (aside from someone in a 5-man link) would do, even dodge. If they decide to shoot back and don't have a visor, that would be -9 mod (surprise, camo and cover), which is a very favorable roll to you.
- When you shoot on active turn, don't forget about the first half of an order - if you don't plan to put your dude into Suppresive fire, use him in that turn, or leave for ARO duty it would be a good idea to say that you are going prone/behind the corner before making a shot.
- Utilize coordinated orders to end your turn in good position - if nobody sees your dudes, put up to 4 of them into Supressive fire or recamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cassa posted:

Looking for some Assault Hacking Device vs TAG advice, as gonna play vs my Pan O mate who's keen to try out his TAG. What's the benefit of using Oblivion? None of the Pan O TAGs have anything I can see with the Comms Equipment trait, and I may have missed something, that's more than possible. Especially looking at this list

It is almost always better to try and Possess TAG, it has a better chance of succeeding and, furthermore:
1) If you do it in active turn, you get to drive the TAG, wreck chaos and throw it from the roof
2) If you do it in reactive turn, your opponent would need to waste orders cancelling possession

Isolating TAG with a program would only make sense in the following:
1) You suspect it is a Lieutenant, so you can throw opponent into LoL (good luck isolating Avatar or Marut not through E/M though, lol)
2) It is an active turn, opponent has unused command tokens, and you have very few orders left, so you wouldn't be able to drive it.
3) TAG is in a hacking area of an opponent's hacker, so Possession wouldn't last long

Khisanth Magus posted:

I have a question about hacking, immobilization, and repeaters.

This is the situation: My opponent had a Wu Ming HI hiding behind a building. I tossed a Pitcher onto the roof of the building, and then used my Interventor to use Gotcha to Disable him, which succeeded. The question is, does he get a chance to Reset if my Interventor(or any other hacker) takes any other action during that turn? Like if I just have my Inteventor move, and not into the Wu Mings zone of control, does the Wu Ming get to try to reset unopposed because he is in the repeater area and my hacker activated?

Repeater is a one-way street for non-hackers, so he would only get the chance to declare Reset when you target him with another hacking attack or if he gets a line of sight to you.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 6, 2018

• Locked thread