Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Are there any alchemy sorter mods? Google returns just one, and it's just a modders resource.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I dont know if anyone else would care, but I made a tiny little compatibility patch for Dwemer Certified and SPERG: Dwemer SPERGified. It just slaps the Dwemer Certified perks onto the SPERG Enchanting and Smithing trees. It's ugly (I didnt really mess with placing them in the tree in an aesthetic sense, I just made them work) but it works. Do whatever you'd like with it. :)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Lotish posted:

So is there a mod for Skyrim that's like an equivalent of Fallout's Increased Wasteland Spawns that just makes more stuff to fight? I'm about to try out the Immersive Patrols mod and I've heard the Organized Bandit mod adds some variety and volume to the potential encounters, but I was just wondering if there was a mod that just added bulk to existing encounters.

In addition to the things mentioned in previous posts, there's actually a Random Encounter mod by the same dude who did Random Encounters for New Vegas.

Works very well.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Is there a utility that allows you to export weapon stats to a text file? Wrye Bash did it for Oblivion, but the Skyrim version doesn't work (it has the option, but it glitches out.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

A tesedit script or skyproc plugin could. UESP also has a dump of the skyrim data files that you could probably pull any official stuff you need out of.

Im trying to set up lootification on some plugins that arent pre-set, and it would help if I could have an easily accessed copy of the new weapon/armor stats to compare to vanilla weapons/armor. :)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Trustworthy posted:

What's the easiest way--if any--to capture and back up my current, complete Skyrim + Mod Organizer (+ Wrye patched + SKSE) set-up?

I want to flatten my PC in the near future, and traditionally this means I dump my savegames and completely reinstall/configure Skyrim and all my mods from scratch. But I kind of love my current set-up, and once I reinstall Skyrim, this time around I'd kind of like to get up and playing quickly and head-ache free.

Should I try to back up everything somehow from within Mod Organizer, or should I by copy-pasting entire directories, or... what? I've also edited some of my installed mods, and would love to not lose those changes. Ideas welcome.

If you installed all your mods through MO, should be as simple as copying your MO directory, everything is saved there.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

Actually tesedit already has a script to export/import weapon values. Here is a modified version that will export armor stats instead. Copy and paste it into a file and save it in the tesedit/edit scripts/ folder.

Awesome, thank you! I'll grab that as soon as I get home from work!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

Actually tesedit already has a script to export/import weapon values. Here is a modified version that will export armor stats instead. Copy and paste it into a file and save it in the tesedit/edit scripts/ folder.

I just want to say that this did EXACTLY what I needed. Man, I wish I had know than TESedit script were pascal! I used to know pascal, time to relearn it! Thank you!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

- For monsters whats everyone's preference, automatic variants, skyrim immersive creatures, skyrim monster mod, or all three at once?

All three at once, along with ASIS increasing spawn rates. :getin:

Alongside the awesome Personalized Music, so I'm frying cliff racers and tricerotops to the soothing strains of Rammstein and Pantera.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Is there any mod that lets me go "I'll handle this" during the civil war battles so I can go use my AOE shouts and spells without a bunch of loving morons constantly screaming "What are you doing?! I'm on your side!" (Then get out of the loving way, scrub.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Quift posted:

I just had a simple yet great idea for a mod ans was wondering if it was possible to do.

read me.

Basically take the readme.txt from all the mods you have installed and create in game books which are then stored in a specific location (the library in windhold would be great).

So a simple ingame way to read the readme about a mod.
It would also be cool if it added all the ingame books that mods create to the library.
And quite possibly add a spell which allows the summoning, and placement of a bookshelf with the all the tutorials, readme etc.

Would this be possible to do?

Probably with a SkyProc utility.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Praetorian Mage posted:

This is an interesting idea, but I'd wonder how well it would work with mods that have a fairly big readme, due to the very slow page-turning animation. I get annoyed enough having to check the components
for Midas spells. Would it be possible to make a mod that removes the page-turning animations?

Seconding this.

Maybe turn them all into notes instead?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Is there a list somewhere of all Falskaar compatibility patches?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Well, I started playing through Falskaar. So far, it's better than Beyond Boulder Dome (which is my low-bar for large mods, seriously gently caress BBD*) and my only complaint so far my only... issue... is that the old man who starts the quest (in Riften) sounds like Coiley the Spring Sprite.

* Falskaar actually lets me go back to Skyrim when I need a break, automatically putting it way ahead of BBD.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Axeface posted:

When MO asks me if I want to unpack the BSA, the proper response as somebody who has no loving idea what he's doing is "no", right?

That's correct.

Edit: BSAs are the archives that Skyrim stores textures/models/sounds etc. the only reason to unpack them would be so you could edit them.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Jabarto posted:

I was told that unpacking .bsa files was a good thing because you can see specific conflicts and the purpose of a .bsa (keeping loose files from overwriting eachother) is something that MO does anyway. Is that not true?

Well, leaving them packed slightly improves performance (by reducing drive seek times), at least it did on the previous versions of the engine. (Which is why I usually make BSA for mods that have a ton of loose files.)

Unless you're really nitpicking which textures you want, I can't think of any reason to unpack them. Of course, other than preference. There's no need to unpack, but no need not to.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Does anyone have any idea why Im getting graphical glitches in Whiterun (and so far only in Whiterun.)

I've checked with TESVEdit, it doesnt seem like any of my mods affect that area.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ernie Muppari posted:

Is that the Gray-Manes' yard? 'Cause I've seen that too, but only with that fence, so I think it's just something stupid that's broken there.

Yep, it's the fence and the gate on the other side of the yard, but not every time I'm there.

Edit: I should note that it's present over multiple characters. Heres my mod list. Maybe something will leap out at somebody.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 15, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Emong posted:

There's also that priestess of Dibella that only talks about how much she loves sex.

Glad I didn't install that mod (also did they seriously steal a GoT character?)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

One thing to note about using Hunterborn with frostfall: if you have an older computer like me then turn off all the "(thing) takes time" options in hunterborn. All the time skips caused frostfall to freak out for me.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Wicaeed posted:

So what am I doing wrong in MO that is preventing Dual Sheath Redux from working properly?

I see the .jar patch file in the 'Data/SkyProc Patchers/Dual Sheath Redux Patch' section, run it, aaaaaand?

What else do I need to do in order to get it to work? I have both a Dual Sheath Redux.exp and Dual Sheath Redux Patch.exp in my plugins tab now, but no amount of fiddling will get it to not give an error in Skyrim saying that Dual Sheath Redux Patch needs to be run.

Did you run the .jar file through MO?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

NuckmasterJ posted:

Ok, so I went into the drop down menu and added BOSS, but how does that make it run?

I put in BOSS, in Binary it seems to awlays go to E:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organize. When I try to run BOSS it says "failed to spawn "Mod Organizer": Failed to start process (Access is denied. [5])

I thought maybe because I am not running MO as admin, so I ran it as the administrator and still the same popup.

Take everything skyrim related out of program files. Trust me.

Edit: Modding software generally works in ways that are very similar (reading tons of files at once, how SKSE modifies skyrim at runtime, MOs file redirection, etc) to the suspicious behavior that UAC and other security features are designed to stop. Those security features generally watch the Program Files folder like a goddamn hawk. That's why people strongly reccomend you move everything Skyrim related out of program files.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 19, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

NuckmasterJ posted:

Already done, Steam is on a separate 1TB HDD, no way I want it on my SSD!

Please read my edit to my previous post and move all your Skyrim related stuff out of program files. MO, BOSS, TES5edit, all of it.

Edit: even running as admin out of program files won't override Windows OCD about Program Files. I learned this while modding FNV.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 19, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

quote:

Hm, did what you said. Whole new set of problems. Got BOSS to run via MO, but it keeps trying to find Skyrim in program files. I guess its progress though, so I cant complain.

Once you move everything you need to verify the game files in steam so steam will update the registry. I'm phone posting, but google "moving steam installation" for details.

Strudel Man posted:

Hm. Well, I just ran into what is for me a new problem - the background scripts appear to have stopped running. Frostfall complained about an update taking significantly longer than expected, and I swiftly realised that realistic needs wasn't updating my status. I assume one of the new mods I've picked up is a script hog, but is there any way of telling which one it might be?

The new ones I've recently added (for a new game, not in the middle) are hunterborn, immersive creatures, the epic shouts package, deadly combat, and the 'resplendant' races and doomstones packages. Plus some others that I don't really think are likely to be related. I'm a little suspicious of the immersive creatures and of the race/doomstone packages as possible sources of script lag, but I don't have a very sound basis for pointing a finger at them specifically.

Guessing It's hunterborn. Having the various Hunterborn actions take time did this to me. Just go into the hunterborn menu and uncheck all the "takes time" options.

My guess is when you have a bunch of little time-skips like that, Frostfall struggles to keep up.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Strudel Man posted:

I had the same idea, but it even failed to update properly when I just waited normally. Like, 8 hours of waiting only took me to 'slightly thirsty,' with the accumulation rate unchanged.

Besides, making it not take time kind of defeats the purpose, it seems like. :/

Once I quit and restarted it seemed to work fine. As for defeating the purpose, my purpose was more crafting materials. I'm a sucker for crafting. :)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Strudel Man posted:

Hm. I don't know. I went back in, and the behavior still seemed off, at least with respect to updating needs around the skinning time skips. Then the game crashed.

edit: I got another warning from Frostfall, saying that the time since the last update was 67.something seconds when it expected 20. The fact that it's using real time there makes me think that the time jumps hunterborn uses probably aren't involved.

edit again: buuuut, after starting up again, and running one of frostfall's troubleshooters, it so far appears to be working okay? Fingers crossed, anyway.

Stil phone posting, but here's what I'm thinking is happening: from what I understand from the creation kit wiki, Each script Skyrim runs is given a set amount of processor time. Once it hits that, if its not finished, it's paused until all other scripts get their processing time. When hunterborn time skips, it's running scripts and RND and Frostfall are also trying to catch up and the scripts get bogged down trying to catch up.

That's my two cents. I haven't had the problem since I disabled the time skips.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

NuckmasterJ posted:

I uninstalled and reinstalled BOSS and it still doesn't seem to find Skyrim. There does not appear to be a way for me to set the location of the Skyrim folder for BOSS either.

I'm deleting everything and starting again, MO and BOSS.

*Edit - Deleted everything, reinstalled BOSS/MO/SKSE and mods. BOSS still is trying to find Skyrim in program files and I cannot change the directory.

If you moved your Steam install out of program files (follow these instructions), you need to VERIFY YOUR GAME CACHE. In addition to making sure your files are correct, this resets the registry keys BOSS is using to try and find your Skyrim install. This is why BOSS can't find Skyrim.

EDIT: Also make sure you run the steam launcher (by itself, without MO) at least once for good measure.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

NuckmasterJ posted:

Ah! Ok, I accidentally started the download of the HD texture pack so I will have to wait till later and try it again. Thanks!

Let us know if it works! :)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

As soon as you want to go from bare bones mods to slightly complicated MO becomes amazing and everything else makes you want to die.

:smithicide: My recent 12-hour FCOM install...

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rather Dashing posted:

Nope. I was screwed. Nothing would get rid of the sound and my one save before the issue was corrupted: maybe those two are related. Took the opportunity to try another start point from Live Another Life. Speaking of which, has anyone found that LAL breaks the Imperial (and maybe the Stormcloak) questline? For one reason or another the Imperial recruiter and Ulfric are placed in that bedroom you start off in from the map. You can teleport to them to see them endlessly fighting, but clearly you can't be recruited while this is happening.

Did you try starting the main quest by going to Helgen first?

Also, try typing StopCombat in the console.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mortimer posted:

Activating the main quest wouldn't work for me most of the time, coupled with the dumb way of activating the main quest (Shady Sam?), plus it's arthmoor.

What? All I did was go to Helgen.

I agree that Arthmoor is a grade-A douchebag, but his mods are generally good, which is probably the only reason people put up with him.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I don't know if anyone here will care, but I just made a small patch for Hearthfire that lets you craft nails, hinges, fittings, and locks out of materials other than iron. Grab it here if interested.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

kedo posted:

Oh, yes. I should mention everything else in the mod works just fine. It's only water I have an issue with. Not running any mods that modify water at all either.

Did you hold the drink hotkey while clicking the bottles in your inventory?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

epitasis posted:

Do I need those DG and DB esps for SPERG that are hidden inside another SPERG folder?

Only if you have Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Scyantific posted:

The best thing you can do is take a note of all the mods you have, erase everything you won't need, and uninstall everything. By the time you reinstall, SKSE and SweetFX will have been updated, as well as many mods.

I would reccomend that you do back up your mods just in case they disappear due to nexus drama, but that's just me. :)

Edit:

quote:

TES5Edit is a wormhole. You'll also find that mods like SkyTEST - Realistic Animals & Predators adds some loving retarded dogs that follow you the rest of the game around the first dragon tower.
So Thats where they loving came from.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

How is this even a problem though? I found some follower dogs (well a named dog and a "tame" wolf) and immediately lost them when I fast-traveled, never seen them again hours of gametime later.

It's not a bug, it's working fully as intended.

I think the thing is that they don't fast travel, but they'll catch up to you eventually.

Edit:

LtSmash posted:

I uploaded a new beta of ASIS in the nexus comments section. Now with lightning fast patching and not modifying thousands of records it doesn't need to! Also an MCM menu and paving the way for better customization.

I have a quick question: is it possible that ASIS has given the Vampire Lords "Vampiric Grip" to normal NPC vampires? I just began the Dawnguard questline, and almost every time I fight vampires I get rag dolled and bounce around for a while and every time I have to reload because the camera stays in "killcam" mode.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 29, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, can somebody help me understand what Automatic Variants does with the textures from the AV packs, and why it appears to be moving them somewhere? It seems all the .dds files have disappeared out of the AV Packages directory in data/skyproc/Automatic Variants, and hence I have a bunch of purple-texture monsters. This isn't the first time it's happened. I dont know if it's some sort of MO/AV conflict or what, but I'm starting to get irritated.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

I posted the new build on the asis comments section. Please give it a spin. You won't get the crowds I did unless you crank the spawn rates.

I'm looking for it but not finding it? Could you post the links here too? :)

Edit: Found it, but it's still pretty buried there.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 31, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

That's the beautiful thing with ASIS: you could go into an enemy building and there might be three low-level soldiers for you and your follower to mop up, or there might be fifteen including three Bandit Chiefs. Who knows?!?

God I love ASIS. I was walking around the Lorieus farm when a 25 on 25 Stormcloak / Imperial battle began, courtesy of ASIS, CWO, and the Populated (X) series.

I was running around trying to keep my followers from catching an arrow, because I would've gotten slaughtered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Those battles are the best. And God help you if you've got the faction armor aggression mod installed and you accidentally wander into one of those battles wearing the wrong thing. Or both of the wrong things.

Or, as happened just now, going to shearpoint to grab Krosis and the Throw Voice shout, getting into a fight with three dragons (Two of which were Dwarven Sky Centurions from (I think) Deadly Dragons)).

And two Krosises. Krosii? Anyhow, fuckin two of him.

Glorious.

• Locked thread