Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Mo0 posted:

We have Cerebral Ballsy on Excalibur, that's still the contest winner IMO.

I see you and I raise you:
Dankdragon Budblazer
Chestapples McMelons

edit: ok Esuna Matata is good

URL grey tea fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

seorin posted:

Does anyone else have any good candidates for such an award? Do tell. :allears:

My friend was tanking Titan HM and somehow walked backwards off the stage. He wasn't even dodging anything, just straight up forgot there was a ledge there. :)

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Meldonox posted:

It's pretty ugly, yeah. It's not affecting me so much, but I'm seeing it happen to a lot of people. I can only imagine how awful Aurum Vale is now.

Diablos is unplayable right now - I will cast Heal and it will go off, MP will be removed, but the heal never hits. Just, black hole. Didn't see that in the patch notes :(

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe when you release a big content update, leave infrastructure changes for a maintenance update further down the road once the content has had a chance to be played a few times? I'm not surprised by it, but a combination of shiny new things to do + crippling lag that makes said things impossible is pretty frustrating.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

At first I thought: creepy. Then I realized april fools

edit: beaten

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

ilifinicus posted:

You're telling me I could re-buy my Allagan weapon? Or my relic atma? Without having to re-do the content?

Yeah, in Ul'dah, right outside of the Miner's Guild there is an NPC named Calamity Salvager. X12 Y13. Choose "Purchase Quest Rewards (Arms)

I don't have my relic atma yet

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

sleepyfish posted:

Anybody mind helping me out with my white mage? I'm having some mana problems, and I was wondering what I should do to get the most out of what I have. I'm already using freecure and shroud as effectively as I can. I was thinking of resetting my attributes, but I'm not sure what combination would make for the most mana-efficient healing. Any suggestions?

Make sure to use Shroud of Saints at the 65-75% MP or below. It doesn't just decrease aggro , it also increases MP regen rate.

Most of the time if I have to call out for Mages Ballad (making a macro for this is a good idea too), either DPS got wrecked multiple times, I was healing way too aggressively or two healers continually waste each others heals by healing on the same target. As mentioned above, use Cure always. Cure II is for huge pulls or oh poo poo moments, or if it's free proc. I try to keep Cure II, Cure III and Shroud of Saints on a side vertical bar near my character where I can see them easier.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

I would love it if anytime a player sent an angry /tell to gil sellers it would just auto-post to some twitter account. I am sure their logs are full of colorful commentary.

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

So I finished my first Atma book... do you turn it in anywhere to get the +2 Mind or do I have to finish all 7 books before I get any stat increases?

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

So I ran WP for Book of Sky II, beat Tonberry King and.... it didn't mark it as completed? Ran Brayflox and that got marked off just fine. I was robbed I tell you

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Were you dead when the boss died?

I actually rolled my eyes when I read this post.

Yeah, I was dead. Low DPS led to the adds ganging up on me near the end and I figured topping off the tank was more important than keeping myself alive when the King only had 5% left. Welp

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Celador posted:

Final Fantasy XIV: Every Dragoon is the worst player.

my 1st Titan EX clear was using Party Finder... that ended up with 4 dragoons

bizarro world is leaking

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Volunteered to help someone clear Titan EX expecting PF tears. Instead they one shotted it no echo? 6 achievements for first time clear flew up the chat log.

What bizarro world am I stuck in and can I get more of it

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Hooray Levi EX cleared on 2nd try, then farmed two more times today.

Boo no WHM weapon. Bloody SCH codex!

Now to learn King Mog EX :( :(

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Failboattootoot posted:

10 rank 4's is an obscene amount of money.

500 myth obtained via roulettes = buy a mat every once in awhile = sell for 70-90k minimum. if you are doing this while infusing materia i or materia ii you will be well ahead of the monetary requirements when you hit materia iv

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Pomp posted:

You did a lot of things, for a very long time.

I hope I am doing the right thing on my Novus by upping Determination and Piety as a WHM :ohdear:

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

My retainer is a beast, they just brought back 1x Odin's Mantle :aaaaa:

I was clicking way too fast or I would have taken a screenshot

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Turn 5 CLEARED YESSS yes yes.

I wasn't expecting to watch a video and 5 hours later find a group that could do it but thankfully our neighbors in Mist are awesome. I even managed to not die to a twister on the 2nd farm run.

Now for Turn 6...

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Smart Car posted:

You can do the expert and high level roulettes in your own party, but all the other roulettes are solo only.

They should let a tank and healer duo only queue for any roulette, that's like an angel descending from heaven for two random DPS somewhere and I doubt it would impact solo queuing tanks or healers all that much. Sometimes I just want to bring my tank buddy :(

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Crown Face posted:

Are White Mages inherently ragey/terrible in this game or have I just had bad luck?

You are getting a really bad sample set, most WHMs know their role as a glorified life bar monitor that isn't supposed to steal aggro and needs to dodge hurty floors. Take an FC WHM next time?

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

T7 is.

finally.

done.

with a pug no less, not my static, and they only spoke mandarin.

kept calling shriek "shake" (SHAKE IS OUT! <se.2>) and the MT kept rebooting, but after seven wipes i have finally gotten my T7 kill as WHM

only one day left to try T8 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

URL grey tea
Jun 1, 2004

Not sure if this has already been posted, but this seems to be a good guide on picking up 2.4 quests

• Locked thread