Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So I just beat the game and am kinda disappointed with how few new guys I managed to run into. I'm gonna go hunting for them now, but I never saw any wild Pancham, Dedenne, Noibat, Pumpkaboo, Swirlix, Furfrou or the baby ghost tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So, I can't seem to run into any Dedenne or Noibats, so I'm breeding a bunch of Scatterbugs to put on Wonder trade. I think the Polar pattern is really pretty and I hope other people think so too!

Also, I caught a modest Ditto in the Pokemon village. :)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I had that issue with Noibats. In case you were unaware (like I was) they only show up in the event encounters (when something swoops down on you). So get some repels and look for dark circles.

Good to know!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So apparently, you can't name a Pokemon Violet or Viola for some reason.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Dang. You'd think there would be exceptions to things that are actual names of flowers and stuff. I just wanted to name a Scatterbug!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Starting to wonder tade these scatterbugs. All of them are modest and most have compound eyes.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sent off a Dedenne, got a Froakie(!) named Frog #046. Oh god, we're encouraging battery-farmed Pokemon :qq:.

I bred a bunch of Scatterbugs and just named them all from A to Y. Daycare man didn't want to give me a final egg.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I got a battle request last night while I was gathering TMs and finding new Pokemon. The dude had Mega Lucario, but made the mistake of letting my Vivillon Quiver Damce and Hurricane.:)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

The friends that I've gotten through friend codes don't seem to show up on my PSS at all. Is there something else I need to do?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

cancerianmoth posted:

i think that means they haven't logged on the internet, on their game, yet. That or they haven't actually added you back.

Okay, cool. Just wanted to know if it was something on my end or not.

I know someone was wondering about Pumkaboo sizes earlier. I caught an adamant female one and I'm going to try breeding her and see what sizes I get!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So, I just bred 5 Pumpkaboos and all of them were the same size as the momma. I'm gonna try breeding her with the large male I caught and see if I get different results.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Hey, so, um, this is a silly question I know, but what the gently caress are Fairies weak against? Fire and...what else? Also why are they good at hurting all of my favorite types!? They're a neat new addition but I'm actually having some trouble with this gym.

Fairies aren't weak against fire, but fire types resist fairy. Fairies are weak to poison and steel and are immune to dragon. Fairy does super effective damage to dragon, fighting and dark types.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Oh gosh, I could play a full game's worth of Looker stories.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I wanted to use one of them but I heard they both had really bad stats :smith:

Pumpkaboo is the first Pokemon in this game that I've properly bred and EV trained. I don't care if it has lovely stats. I just wanna use a jack o'lantern Pokemon.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Nakar posted:

Best/worst part of Pumpkaboo breeding: It comes in four different sizes and they all have different base stats! :suicide:

Size is inherited to any pumpkins that are bred. They don't take too long to hatch, so I was able to get myself an Adamant Jumbo Pumpkaboo from catching a Jumbo in the wild.

I think they might have also altered how gender works when breeding as well. When I bred Noibats with a female I caught, I didn't get a male until my 11th egg. Or are the bats supposed to be predominantly female? I had a similar occurrence with the pumpkins too.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 19, 2013

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Hey, where do you find the Elite Four team pictures of the Pokemon Global Link? I can't find mine.

Silver Falcon posted:

Only thing I can think of is that your SD card got knocked loose. Try powering off the system, taking the card out, and putting it back in.

Yo, your friend Safari has Dragonair and Gabite. It's pretty rad.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So, where and how exactly do you get the pokeradar?

Also, I know Zygarde is supposed to be at the bottom of Terminus cave, but when I went there, there were a lot of what seemed to be blocked off passageways and I couldn't find him there.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Dang. Finally caught Zygarde. He's super cool looking! I was hoping to catch him in a Dusk Ball, but I ran out, so he's in an Ultra Ball instead. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was not expecting something like that. At least we get a rad looking 3rd legend after Kyurem.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

UberJumper posted:

Anyone have a good recommendation for a pokemon HM Slave? I am playing pokemon Y, and just got my first HM.

Why do they even force us to use the HM system, why not you know have items.

Because items don't involve cooperating with your pokemon.

I can only hope for Z that we get to be able to ride our own pokemon instead of a bike.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I hope people don't mind being Wonder Traded modest Dedennes. It's super cute in Pokemon Amie.

I traded my Dedennes away and received a Minun, a Pachirisu and an Adamant Huge Power female Azuril, along with an Adamant Riolu a Luvdisc and a few other things.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Tardigrade posted:

It has the best description of any move:

The mental image this conjures is wonderful.

I like to imagine a sheet on the opposing Pokemon. Now it's a ghost! Let's got trick-or-treating!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Meis posted:

Am I alone in thinking anyone who does streetpass battles with a competetive team is kind of a dick? I mean I thought that's what Battle Spot was for, and streetpass was more for friendly matches of people battling their single player teams. That's what I use it for anyway. I hate the competetive scene.

I've had two random requests for battle so far. Both of them seemed like somewhat competitive teams with MegaPokemon. I only lost the second match because I was still raising my Pumkaboo and Noibat. Pumkaboo did take out Lucario with Flame Charge though. she's a good little pumpkin. :)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Meis posted:

Gourgeist is probably my favourite pokémon now. Trick-or-treat and Phantom Force combo so well, especially when leech seed is sapping away at their health at the same time!

My Jaqueline is running with Flame Charge, Razor Leaf, Shadow Sneak and Trick or Treat. I'll give her Seed Bomb as well and I'm not yet sure what I'll replace Trick or Treat with.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 21, 2013

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It's disappointing that Dedenne can't learn Dazzling Gleam. Play Rough is the only Fairy attack it learns and it's physical stat is awful. :/

I gave mine Hidden Power and it seems to be either Ghost or Dark.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

LeafyOrb posted:

The only problems I really have with it is that the camera actively hates you and the entrances to shops have loving gigantic hitboxes that I accidentally run into all the time.

Use the bike. It helps.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So I'm thinking of making a team for Battle Maison triples because i like triples the best. So far, my trained dudes are a Pumkaboo (soon to be Gourgeist), Noivern and Tyrantrum. I also trained a Dedenne before learning that it doesn't get any decent Fairy moves. Someone Wonder Traded me an Adamant Huge Power Azuril, so I'm thinking of training an Azumaril as well. I'd also like to make a Dry Skin Heliolisk, a Talonflame, Dragoo, Pangoro and Clawitzer.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

Klefki would be the worst pokemon to have around IRL.

"Where the gently caress are my keys?"

Kleffff....ki! *disappears forever into the Tall Grass*

"gently caress YOU KLEFKI! MY LANDLORD CHARGES $50 FOR A SET OF KEYS"

That's why you'd want one of your own, so you'd never lose your keys.

I actually really want a Klefki key ring now.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Anyone know if Dedenne can learn any special Fairy moves by breeding? Or should I try experimenting?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Lost my first random Triple battle to some kid with a Mega Mewtwo. If it didn't outspeed my Noivern, I would have won.

Also, after 69 eggs, I finally hatched Shayera the Jolly Fletchling! Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Roost and Steel Wing! I think it's very appropriate to be named after Hawk Girl.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Graviija posted:

Can anyone recommend a good electric and/or plant pokemon that can learn Cut? I just beat the Mega Evolution girl, for reference to the area I'm in.

I have a Simisage who has Cut right now and doubles as my water type counter, but it doesn't seem like he's learned a plant move in forever. Vine whip only goes so far at level 36.

Heliopltile can learn Cut.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Today I was Wonder Traded a Charmander named ADOLF HITLER.

He's Sassy.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

[sub]
Another reason 3v3 is dumb :(

I play triples, so I can bring in all six Pokemon.

Talonflame is a core member of my team, but she doesn't have Gale Wing. She usually goes first anyway and has Brave
Bird, Flare Blitz, Steel Wing and Roost.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My Tyrantrum is Jolly if only so he can outspeed other Tyrantrums.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I think I'm going to spend Halloween on the wonder trade. Sending out appropriate ghosts (Golett may be awesome but not quite right) and some Graveler/Roggenrola named IGotARock. Anyone have other ideas to include?

You better trade some Pumpkaboos and name all of them Great Pumpkin.

I didn't think I'd like Gourgeist very much, but my Jacqueline is just so happy and has such a stupid little face. :3:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I can high five my Dedenne.

I actually first discovered it, thinking Hamlet just didn't want me tickling his tail because he swished it away from me when the hand got close.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Medium Cool posted:

I think I'll start with the first white if I can find it just to see that progression. I'm not expecting much out of a plot from a pokemon game but maybe I'll be surprised. I just didn't know if one was leagues above another. I'm tempted to look into heartgold and soulsilver too but I don't know how much is different in those games as compared to the original gameboy color versions. Going to do some research on that now before I make my final decision.

The second games are far superior, but feel free to play White 1 to get a better sense of the plot. Black and White only have new Pokemon until the post game, while the sequels have old Pokemon throughout, a couple different gyms, and the characters from the first games are a couple years older and have jobs now.

Black and White 2 have the added benefit of having a Pokemon World Tournament where you fight all the different gym leaders from every gen and Join Avenue, a place where you can build up little shops. It's essentially a customizable shopping mall that you manage and it's really really useful. There's also Pokemon Hollywood where you and your Pokemon can become movie stars. It's amazing.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Dienes posted:

Noibert the Noivern: Took out the Dragon trainer and Champion solo. In my heart, he is my original starter.

I Wonder Traded a Noibat named Noibert. You didn't get him by Wonder Trade, did you?

Though I imagine it's a pretty common nickname for Noibats.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I think a Steel type would probably break your team in half. Heliolisk has a pretty decent movepool, so you could always put more stuff on him for coverage. Mine has Grass Knot, Thunderbolt, Surf and Dark Pulse.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

astr0man posted:

I figured that toxicroak and a potential burn from scald would eventually be able to wear down a steel type.

Yeah, Toxicroak would probably be able to take one, with Drain Punch. Unless it's Scizor. Then you'd pretty much have to hope for a Burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I love most of the evolutions from Gen 4. Togekiss, Yammega, Mammoswine, Weavile, Homchkrow, Electivire, Gliscor, Ambipom and Mismagius are all really great to me.

Also, Powder is really hilarious. I just killed a Blaziken in a rating battle with 2 Powders and a Rockslide. Triples is fun.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 3, 2013

• Locked thread