Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Volkerball posted:

No way McKenzie goes after Manziel. I know his code. He said JFF was a "playmaker," not to be confused with the "difference maker" we'll get in the first.

He added that Manziel is a "baller" but perhaps not a "shot-caller" at this point in his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

warcrimes posted:

New to the thread and a fellow Raider fan. Is Bridgewater the targetted guy? McKenzie's QB decisions have been a bit suspect so far.

McKenzie's been wading through the poo poo marsh that is Late Era Al Davis. Lots of money tied up in bad contracts and no draft picks to work with. Pretty much the only situation where "eh, gently caress it, Matt McGloin" is a reasonable choice.

Trading for Matt Flynn and wasting a 4th on a QB you cut before the season starts was kinda dumb though.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

the anti-jaworski

This works for looking smart in any other circumstance too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

So based on last season's Jets you'd draft Geno Smith possibly first overall. I hope the Giants put him in the front office after the current regime dies eventually.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Teddy Bridgewater is if Matt Ryan had a completely amazing name.

I would like Matt Ryan a whole lot better if he had a cool as gently caress name and not the most boring white guy name in the universe.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Hahaha.

He's saying what makes Mack successful is transitioning from MLB to OLB? The Bengals have more LBs on their roster that have made that transition at some point than haven't.

Does this guy qualify as sentient?

No no no it's FOOTBALL SKILLS and PASSION FOR THE GAME and OTHER GARBAGE.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

In what sense is bridge water anything like russel wilson

well you see they both play quarterback and...

you know...

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

I'd say Wilson's strengths lie in having a fantastic runningback and an all-time great defense. If Bridgewater can bring that to the pros I can't see why he's not number 1 overall.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You're right, what was I thinking? Wilson is obviously just the second coming of Trent Dilfer.

I think Wilson's an above-average starter, I just don't think he's an elite force of nature. Alex Smith is a smart, high completion passer. Alex Smith probably would have won the Super Bowl with that same Seahawks team. Alex Smith is not exactly the world's supreme champion.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Man I really hope AJ McCarron either gets picked in the first and flames out spectacularly or goes undrafted and goes away forever.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Alouicious posted:

See: Newton, Cameron

You never see Russell Wilson with a towel on his head. That's because he's one of The Good Ones.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Bridgewater leaned back in his chair, watching the tweets and PFF comments flood his monitors. "It's working," he laughed, "my plan to be drafted 47th overall by the Cowboys is working!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Dexo posted:

Didn't Eli essentially tell the Chargers not to draft him.

I mean players have told teams to get hosed, like Elway, Eli, or Bo Jackson (who had pretty real reasons to tell Tampa off) but usually they just get their rights traded away.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

Zimmer also got really old man angry about the Drake music at the pro day

What's the classic rock station in Minneapolis? That's what'll be playing at Vikings practices now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Call me a stickler but a top 5 list shouldn't have 7 names on it.

There's 8 in his top 5 WR group. That's how good this draft is, you can't confine them to numbers, man

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

He won't even work to make people draft him though.

He had the greatest pre-draft workout ever though. It's called "Two-Time BCS Champion".

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Benne posted:

#EmbraceDebate

Well that's just going to bring bad juju.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Dexo posted:

Major Wright is such a good loving Safety name. I am so sad he was terrible and injury ridden.

That's a sweet name, no doubt, but Bacarri Rambo being awful at football is terrible.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

^^ Munnerlyn's a fine corner, he probably wouldn't have gotten the attention/money he got if he wasn't playing with a complete monster front 7 last year though.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Smokes and smokes and smokes and smokes

They'll trade up and get him and then he'll be cut for asking Chip to play better music at practices.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, but like... Isaac Newton was the same loving way until a coach came along and recognized that he played better in a zone scheme.

He overcame a lot to be the first player drafted 3 centuries after his death.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

Peyton commits sexual assault, is great and wins a ring.

What now?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Jesus, the Redskins only had one pick before the 5th round in 2006. Makes the RG3 era drafts look like a haul.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

They are a laughably bad organization. I guess they've been getting better for sure. Cerrato left an awful mess behind him playing at GM.

Hey, one of em was a starter last year!

R-...Reed Dought-*puke*

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

John Brown posted:

Wait, what?! Why didn't he have surgery? He was the next LT :(

Well he also stopped doing as many PEDs at about the same time so go figure.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

I didn't know the Chargers spent a third on Kaeding, that's kind of ridiculous even though he was great for a long time.

Obviously it's impossible to tell if a kicker's going to hack it in the NFL, but if he had the career that Kaeding did, I wouldn't be mad at that pick in hindsight. There's so many bad kickers in the NFL, and the ones that aren't usually aren't consistent.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

Just because they hit in the 6th round with Tom Brady doesn't mean they're failures for not finding their next franchise QB in later rounds of the draft

Eh, I think the hand-wringing over "losing Ryan Mallett" is the funny part. I mean I can see why everyone's champing at the bit to get their hands on him, what with his career 17 passing yards and the long history of successful ex-Pats QBs.

If he was actually any good they'd just hold onto him, it's not like he has a resume that'd drive up his price in free agency.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Oh god what a disgusting act of excessive celebration.

Jesus christ.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Give the ball a tombstone piledriver and start hucking cans of beer like Stone Cold.

If anything the XFL didn't go far enough.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Doltos posted:

I know you're trying to be a smart rear end but there's a reason people watch plays like Cats and Phantom both recorded and in person on Broadway.

That reason is they have really really lovely taste in theater.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Doltos posted:

I'm just trying to figure out what shiksa's definition of good theater is since he snobbed Cats and Phantom (cmon, who doesn't like swinging chandeliers?)

I personally just don't like Phantom very much, but Cats is total garbage.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders posted this on their facebook

obviously the marketing department has no real insight into the real draft war room, but why is that Texas A&M QB #2 up there? :confused:

Cause Matt Schaub sucks is my guess.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Couldn't be Harbaugh, he has Tyrod, he knows what a true dynamic playmaker is.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Russell Wilson with the #2 pick. He just wins

Well he's better than Peyton, that's settled.

e: lol wow that fuckin writeup for Wilson.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

bhsman posted:

Probably. My reasoning was that if Teddy just has a Pennington-esque arm and we aren't starting a rookie at QB, then I'm fine with spending a pick on a dude with tools that'll sit. That said, Teddy is perfect for O'Brien's offense so I can't complain at all about that draft.
If Teddy's like Pennington except for the rotator cuff made of balsa wood he'll probably be pretty good.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Do Not trade Chase Daniel

For the life of me I can't figure out why a 27 year old QB with 303 career passing yards has such clout.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Manziel is the new Steve Young.

In that Tampa's going to draft him, he's going to bust hard, and then get another shot after the Niners trade Kaep to the Chiefs.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

I mean if I played Madden I'd want my favorite team to pick Johnny Football over Bridgewater.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

I really don't like the trend of hat embroidery being like an inch thick.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

I like Bridgewater cause he has a cool name and reminds me of Chad Pennington, who owns. It's hard to get excited at a Chad Pennington highlight reel (other than that sick 360) but what he did well he was great at.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

if you got chip Kelly with foles then sure make the trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

I think kaeps still very raw. he throws some crazy hard passes and runs like a gazelle but he's not good enough at just playing qb yet. I think he'll get there with harbaugh coaching him eventually but yeah he looked rough at times.

• Locked thread