Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Al Borland, maybe your neighbor saw you through the peephole/curtain, thinks you're cute, and is now seducing you with her loud ladygroans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
My down comforter used to keep me toasty at night even if the heat was off, but now that I'm losing my fatty fat fat I have to pile on more blankets. But I refuse to wear pajama pants to bed. I can't sleep in pants.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

t_violet posted:

I'm in Texas and it's 31 right now. I don't really have a thermostat, my house only has one gas space heater. I've got it blasting and it's only got the temp up to 64 which is way too cold for me; I'd prefer 70+. I generally don't use the heater at night unless it's just ridiculously cold, I just worry about something bad happening when I'm sleeping.

Well, at least you'd wake up warm

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Do any of you ski? I've never skied a day in my life, but now we have skis and boots and poles so I better learn how. I'll be learning pizza and french fries alongside a bunch of preteens--awesome.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

detectivemonkey posted:

E: I went skiing for the first time last year. I loved it way more than I thought I would. I am also terrible at most athletic things but was loving amazing at skiing. Like, slow-motion skiing in the part of the hill with the babies. But still, I crushed it.

That's great! And encouraging. I'm terrible at sports and overweight (though not obese anymore, aw yeah). I'm hoping I don't make a complete fool of myself. I envision falling and not being able to get up (totally unintentional reference there).

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I like the hair color, but I like that cut even better. I'd love to get something like that done.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
So when I'm on my antidepressants, and everything seems to be going pretty well in life, and then I try to reduce my dosage, and absolutely nothing else in my life has changed, then I think it would pretty reasonable to assume that the dosage reduction can be blamed when I start sliding into depression again and feeling suicidal.

The people who "don't believe in antidepressants," in my experience, have 99.9 percent never experienced depression.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
The best part of exercise is watching a really good TV show at the gym. I don't have cable so I try to schedule gym visits during Law and Order or Modern Family.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

with extra cheese posted:

I'm on the second to last week of couch to 5k, and to be able to finish the run without being totally gassed halfway through I literally have to run slower than I can walk.

Well great, I can't wait to start c25k as a person who is undoubtedly fatter than you

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

with extra cheese posted:

I read some c25k tips somewhere that basically amounted to "if you can run slower, you're running too fast." Well, it turns out that I can run really slow.

Haha, now that is a tip I can get behind!

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I tried to cut my own hair by putting it into this forehead ponytail thing akin to a unicorn and cutting off an inch from the end of the ponytail. Now I have a pseudo mullet and must go into great clips to have my shame removed. I'll tell them, it looked so easy on the internet (tm)!

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Backslap posted:

Hey ladies I am an obese hetero man come snuggle my warm buttery rolls and forget spanish manlove.

Don't talk about buttery rolls, I'm hungry but can't eat bread.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Sonrisa posted:

I had just changed the sheets and duvet and made my bed all nice, then I turn around a find a hairy turd in the middle of it.

Love them big ol ears

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
My dog hated tiny sweaters/shirts/outfits and I didn't want to be one of THOSE crazy pet owners so I only bought them ironically, because they made me laugh ... somehow ended up with a rubbermaid container full. The tiny black hoodie was the best.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Would I, a size 12/14 woman, feel stupid in anthropologie? It looks like such a cool place but maybe too cool for the non skinny peeps like myself.

As a shrinking formerly obese person, I don't know where to shop. Before I didn't have many options. Sorry lane Bryant, too small for you now!

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Avshalom posted:

according to google i walked ~11km today looking for jobs

portfolios handed in: 1

Better than portfolios: 0!

I'm here for all your encouragement needs

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
WHY DO THE USA OLYMPIC COATS LOOK LIKE THAT

WHY

DEAR GOD WHY

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

God, the US uniforms are basically horrible Christmas sweaters. I GET it, but ugh

Or elementary teacher's uniforms

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I can't believe 10/12 is considered plus size. I used to be a 24, and the other day I bought a pair of size 12 pants after almost crying for joy in the dressing room. I am stoked to be a 12!! And hope to keep going down to maybe an 8. Cannot even believe I see that as a real possibility.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Enfys posted:

also what is 'hot yoga' and why can't you do it if you washed your hair the night before

Yoga in a sauna? Good question.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

She had fucken talons

Get some softpaws. Only thing cats love more is getting their nails clipped. They love having fake nails glued on.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

I glued myself to myself

Haha, yes, me too. Also glued cat fur to myself, which felt so gross.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

There's generally a lot more variation in a woman's body, so more measurements to take. It's easier to just make something that fits a general shape than it is to make something to order

But yeah, they're largely useless. I'm an 8 in nice dresses, but something like an extra small at Target or Old Navy. I've learned to just hold things up to my body before deciding to try them on, instead of going by what the tag says

Yes, I've had a similar experience with Target and Old Navy--especially Old Navy. I don't mind the vanity sizing too much. It's good for the self esteem.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Wendigee posted:

BTW, i finally got a catte photo of my skitish blacky

That's racist

(but so very cute and fluffy)

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone here have a keurig? What's your favorite coffee/drink/thing?

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I'm all about giving myself cancer via aspartame/splenda/etc., so I'm stoked to try the sugar free ciders. That's my evenings hot drink.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Wendigee, maybe your kitty just wants to chat. Have you tried meowing back?

(seriously, we talk to our very vocal cat like this--we are weird, but she loves it)

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Where do u get these

I've been buying the packets at walmart. They're not too bad.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Avshalom posted:

:psyduck: i'm not drunk, that thread is like a month old and just got bumped

hopefully i don't get banned for it

Those chickens are terrifying! Where do you find this stuff?

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

I dunno, my car battery died in the brutal cold, and it's been okay since then. Although since we're back to having REALLY cold mornings it needs a bit of chugging to get started, but then it turns over. Either way that's good to know that my long drive this weekend will be super helpful.

Those towing men are nice, aren't they? Thank god for them, because my knowledge of cars consists of:

1. I can drive them
2. Gas goes here
3. Press the red triangle when poo poo gets real

Aaaaand that's it. The car might as well run on fairy dust and wishes for all I know.

Haha, it took me a moment to figure out what the red triangle was.

I have the bad habit of driving on fumes. My husband basically has to fill the tank every time I drive my car. It's a miracle I've never run out of gas and got stranded somewhere.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Avshalom I LOVE LOVE LOVE your crazy chicken thread sticked at the top of GBS. Made my day.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I got my keurig today! It's shiny and purple and I'm a lady so that's totally OK

Looking forward to my first fancy single cup o' coffee tomorrow morning!

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Serious Cephalopod posted:

You can get re loadable keurig cups so that you don't drown in itty bitty plastics

For now I want to try a bunch of different kinds of coffee and destroy the planet

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Sonrisa posted:

Are those the rave glow in the dark logging bugs? That was great.

I had to look that one up--yikes. I remember now.

I loved x-files so much. Esp. the Scully cancer arc. MulderAngst! I knew all the good fanfic writers.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

I think most of the "cute" stuff I own is accessories, like:

But my actual wardrobe is not ridiculously cute, I think it's fairly normal.
Wtf my lovely partner just lost my keyboard. :psyduck:

Ha, I thought this was a kind of steampunk pin

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Is that the one where she finds a ufo in the sand?

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

"Home" will always be the scariest X-Files episode

A thousand times yes

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I started couch to 5k today. I'm pretty much ready for the Olympics, better get my ticket to Rio

Also, thank you modern family for keeping me on the treadmill!

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I need to say something

Twizzle

There, I feel better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I'm very glad I've never heard of that acronym before

• Locked thread