Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Ajax posted:

Orthos Prime is really, really great right now, but the blades are a bitch to farm for.

This is true. After running well over a hundred Tower 2 & 3 Captures I've yet to see any.

Although the Galatine is a great weapon that does a ton of damage, I'd still prefer the Orthos Prime because it has a faster charge speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Esser-Z posted:

Welp. I've found a fun bug. Whenever I activate a Life Support thing on survival, I lose the ability to move except by rolling. The only way to fix it is to die and revive, as far as I can tell.

And last mission the dumb pubbies wouldn't listen when I told them not to revive me. STOP HELPING DAMNIT :argh:

I had the same thing happen, except that even rolling wouldn't work. However, I discovered that I could move forward by doing melee attacks. I actually survived, because I was on my Nova (M Prime ahoy!) and got lucky by having a life support tower going up just some 20 meters away. After the activation I could move again.

Oh DE. It's always something new.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Get the clan emblem, if you haven't already. Represent with style.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Would anyone be willing to trade their Sancti Tigris or Secura Penta for my Telos Boltor, Synoid Simulor, or Vaykor Hek?

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Kavat knocks down every piece of decoration in the Liset.

Kavat looks at Tenno.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Pipski posted:

once i hit 'old mate' is there any reason not to trade in the rest of my debt bonds? are they needed for anything else?

To clarify on what Kyrosiris said, gilding a kitgun takes some reputation and 10 Shelter debt-bonds. Gilding a MOA on the other hands requires 10 Training debt-bonds. It's not difficult to buy these when needed from Ticker, so I wouldn't sweat about it.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

v1ld posted:

But he's so manic.

He's just off his meds.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
For your consideration, the highly tactical Vauban.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Dravs posted:

Vauban is just a hunter specced for traps by which I mean it is garbage.

Sounds like someone isn't being "tactical" enough.

All you need for Vauban to be viable in high level content, is a friend to heal you, a friend to buff you and a friend to do damage for you. Meanwhile you throw crowd control grenades from a corner and watch, like a pervert. Easy.

Great DEsign.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Dravs posted:

Is the soul punch skill from Nekros bugged in any way? I played him for the first time in a while last night to do a couple quests in Cetus and his soul punch was punting guys to the horizon. Like they were literally flying off into the sky until they were almost out of render range.

It was loving hilarious tbh.

Soul Punch reliably ragdolls enemies that way and it's on purpose. Now there was a bug related to the skills "Soul Survivor" mod, where the revive wouldn't trigger, but they might've fixed that already.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I think this happened to me before but I don't know what it means. After a mission a box appeared in the top left corner of my screen and some weird alien language started to appear. Is this just flavor or does that trigger something?

a space ghost is making you a bootycall

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Tulip posted:

legit I think it's better than adaptation, not least because of the bleed protection

Also, radiation. Then there's the invulnerability window, which gives you time to switch into spoiler mode. That can really save the day, especially if you're experiencing a bit of lag. Adaptation is phenomenal, but offers less lag protection. Of course, some frames can fit both on, if you're feeling flimsy.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

prefect posted:

You need kuva primarily for rerolling rivens, right? I've only got two of them so far, and one hasn't been unlocked. (I have a lot of these gaps -- I'm a very uneven player. :D)

Yeah, rerolling is the main function. Kuva is also used to build four different warframes and a few weapons, but none of them require massive amounts of it. Gambling for better stats on a riven, on the other hand, can get real expensive and fast. Your first reroll costs 900 kuva and increases with every successive one, finally settling at 3500 kuva on your tenth reroll.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Anora posted:

Worst part about Stalker, the drop rate for Despair drops by half when he goes shadow

So it's aptly named then.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

prefect posted:

One million meters on a K-Drive is a lot longer than I had thought. :saddowns:

This achievement took a lot of caffeine and a big audiobook.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

randombattle posted:

I dunno redline is a really interesting power that turns your murdering to 11 but it has a weird pseudo mmo style crash that makes it odd. Though I guess it’s not hard to mitigate the crash entirely but it’s not a completely reliable thing.

I really enjoy his whole kit though. He plays very different from other frames though.

Having a different playstyle and mechanics built around that particular thing are among the main reasons why even "veteran" players like him. Adding the fact that Redline turns some mediocre guns good and good guns great, well that's just icing on a kickass cake.

He will take some getting used to, but that's the case for most warframes.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Awesome! posted:

is c the one thats at the end of the hallway? i find if i capture that last they usually dont bother to retake it very often.

That's right. Adding to what the others have said; take D first, because if that's their main target, all other points will be easier to defend, Hobbled or not. Occasionally I grind Neo and Axi relics on Xini as Nova. Max duration and some Strength. Having the Zenistar makes it even easier, because I leave the disc spinning on D while I take B and A. Then I go back to D, to refresh Zenidisk and Molecular Prime. Finally I go grab C and zip back to D. Usually the enemies leave all other points alone.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

S.J. posted:

I saw something about an Ember rework?????

She's next on the list after Vauban.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

MEANWHILE over in important land my brain is feverishly trying to work out "lore wise where does vauban's orbital strike come from???"

A defense satellite, firing at the target area through a wormhole.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Bring one Mesa with radiation Regulators and watch those things melt.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Zereth posted:

... will vampire cats get you more mastery?

Should do, since it's supposedly a separate breed.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I've got like 80 vitus that I'm hoarding till the +50% stockpile buff hits console with the arby's drop change.

What's this about grendel needing a bunch?

As I understand it (based on the devstream info), Grendel parts drop from special missions, which require Arbiter keys to access. Those keys will supposedly cost 25 vitus per, so 75 in total. The keys are single use, but aren't used up if you fail the mission. Parts should also have a 100% drop chance if you succeed.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
There's zero doubt that some kind of marketing mathematics is at work, shifting the probabilities of maximum discount coupons.

That said, I've received a total of five over the years and took advantage of all but the last one. My account at DE is old as dirt though, dating back to the rough early days.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Brink back Kela De Thaym voice overs, all hopped up on grineer funk gas and spaced out of her mind.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

mortons stork posted:

What do I need to be a good Frost in Scarlet Spear? All in on power strength for avalanche armor stripping?

Yeah. A decent sized globe helps, so you can cover all the oplinks under the same one. Otherwise you'll have to fiddle around and might end up blocking your own squads fire. Remember that you can pop the globes by firing your 1 at them. Also, standing at the same spot and casting globe several times adds stacks to its health. The Chilling Globe augment is also a big help in the ground mission.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Did my first railjack mission.

I have no idea what is happening and I got my rear end kicked by a large ship. I had a hull breach, but have no idea how to cure it.

Is there a tutorial or something I missed?

The large ship was probably a "crew ship." Best way to take them out is to use the main cannon, which can be accessed from the bridge (it's behind the navigation station, on the back wall). First, you need to fly into a position where you have a clear line of sight. Then jump into the cannon, take aim (preferably at the big glowing engines) and charge up the weapon by holding down your firing key (Left mouse button by default). One shot should do it.

Hull breaches are marked on your minimap and to fix the problem, you need to take out your Omni Tool. It should be equipped automatically on your gear wheel when a railjack mission starts, but to be safe, you can assign it to a specific slot in your equipment menu outside of missions. You point the Omni at the problem area, hold down fire and try to hit the sweet spot on the circle. Couple of tries should make the mechanic obvious.

Your main cannon has a maximum of five shots and Omni Tool uses special ammo called Revolite. Both of these can be crafted either at the drydock, or in your ship foundry (even during a mission). The Foundry can be found at the very rear end end of the railjack. It has four stations along the walls, two on each side. When you activate one, it slides down and shows all the things you can craft in-mission and how much of what material it will require. Every station goes on its own cooldown after use.

Some things require you to do railjack missions to earn intrinsic points to upgrade your spacefighting skills, so I suggest you read those out in the drydock menu.

Hope this small synopsis helps.

Quill fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 29, 2020

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Vauban should definitely get a more varied cosmetic alternative. The Citadel skin is nice at least.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I totally made my vauban pointier with those chevron looking baro armors

His prime skin works great with the angular Ki'Teer syandanas.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Yeah, there's that one particular rock with nothing to block line of sight. Perfect for the spinaroo attack.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Grendel has abilities and can do some things.

I built him.

He's definitely more powerful and fun than

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Guilty posted:

Also apropro of the ogris talk awhile back, with primed firestorm it's become my favorite CO primer for high level content. Much larger hit range than nukor and you only need one. If you run primed sure foot or atlas it's perfect.

Yeah, it's ace-credible. If you don't have Primed Sure Footed and like to play something else than One Punch Man, then slotting in Handspring will do just fine. You'll still want to learn the aim, area of effect and rocket speed, though.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
I maintain that the design of Nullifiers is terrible. Same goes for the stacking effects of Energy Draining enemies.

It's like those two are made for a completely different game.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Zephyr changes sound good, but let's wait for those numbers.

Also, Primed Pandero and Tenora might actually make me use those guns. I never found either really effective.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

slow_twitch posted:

yeah man Octavia absolutely is an S-tier frame

too bad her prime looks like poo poo

Get the Maestra skin. It really whips the llama's rear end.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

chumbler posted:

What if instead they made the other guns suck less? Wild idea, but it's a new year after all.

But yeah it'll be more like the kuva nuked soon enough.

It's the old game of balance roulette. There are so many guns that could be safely buffed, but no, can't have that.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

skaianDestiny posted:

New Ember is way better than old Ember. Anyone who says otherwise is just salty they can't just press 4 and bullet jump through early missions anymore.

Too true. Same goes for Old/New Saryn. One-button-wonders are boring as hell.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Helter Skelter posted:

Lesion and Zaws are good suggestions, I'm gonna toss in Ninkondi Prime for the multihits and good spread of base damage types.

Yeah, all of these perform super solid even against Steel Path level enemies. Lesion is the easiest to grab for new players and has amazing stats. It even looks cool.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Baro Ki'Teer is selling Primed Continuity and a heap of cosmetics. If you find yourself lacking, go have a look-see.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I built a 212 amp and goddamn this is a step up

Like swapping out a pop-gun for a Barrett 50cal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
I don't trust this system one bit. Last time they tried this, a lot of people never saw the button pop up, even though they were properly setup.