Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

OhDearGodNo posted:

I put out for people to request and I'll do a lovely DLC for any goon.

Spacemen 3 - Losing Touch With My Mind

drat I would love that even though it's pretty simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK-9KMntkpo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If I buy a song for the original Rocksmith I'll still need the import tool to use them, right? Or is that just if you had bought them pre-Rocksmith 2014?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dewgy posted:

The import tool is for the songs included with RS1, the DLC is supposed to work without it, but you often have to own the original on Steam to be able to buy the original game's DLC because of how Steam works.

Ok, I just own Rocksmith 2014 so I guess I'll just skip Freebird if it means having to buy the tool or the original game. Thanks!

And thanks to whoever mentioned the 50% song sale, that's about the most I'd pay so I'm picking up some Rush and Iron Maiden while I can.

e-oh crap Rush seems to be original version.

Snowy fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 1, 2014

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ok I'm probably retarded and insane, but I can't seem to buy the import tool! I bought a bunch of songs and the original Rocksmith just fine. Now using a browser I get errors when trying to add the tool to the cart. Then when using the Steam app it won't even load the Rocksmith 2014 page where I can find the tool. I'ts just showing black.

Anyone know what the fudge?

edit-nm, tried it on the app and got it. Thanks guys, now I bought a ton of poo poo.

Snowy fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 1, 2014

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was pretty surprised that all the dlc songs plus the ones from the original game just showed up without my doing anything.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

toymach1ne posted:

http://amzn.to/1wrTXEk - Rocksmith 2014 + Cable (All Platforms) $39.99

And it's 34.99 on PS3

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

toymach1ne posted:

Interesting, I wouldn't advise that if you can avoid it...

Why it doesn't work well on PS3? Maybe I should take back the recommendation I just made to a friend.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There's no way to search by genre yet is there? Some of the stuff in there is so random, I end up finding things by seeing what else a user has posted, but otherwise never have found by name.

Can't wait til I can browse by shoegaze, stoner, d-beat, or breakcore.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Fina posted:

metal-core (201 results)
metalcore (12 results)
Metal-Core (683 results)
Metalcore (152 results)
Metal Core (31 results)
MetlaCore (1 result)

I would seriously rather have that than nothing. Or they could have a few broad genre choices to pick from without being able to fill in whatever you want like that when adding a song.

Besides the most obviously popular bands it's so random that I think I'm just going to go through every page.

I would have expected some Sleep or High on Fire to be there for sure, but hey I'll take Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, just would never have thought to search for them. Or Alizée, but hey why not :aatrek:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Mercedes posted:

Yes this thank you! I wasn't looking for anything in particular. Do you have some favorite backing tracks I should check out?

are you just looking for beats? There's so much out there but here's a couple good starts I guess

Cannibal Ox Cold Vein album instrumentals by El-P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y94JuogT-IQ

or some Diamond D instrumentals https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu7MB1zCWP76jMS-gNn7yxGxwFwMzlqHP

highlight from that playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s_t3EQXGw0

unless that's not what you mean, in which case nm

e- oh wait you did say jazz

ee- gently caress it here's another option I don't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7L9zL1r5u0

eee- or just an album of breakbeat jazz/funk why not, ok I'll stop
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUSRfoOcUe4Y5wY1tZX7zvEreJnUwhaeP

Snowy fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 4, 2015

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm watching this guy streaming Rocksmith and taking requests. He just did 77% on Rush -Working Man, the first time he ever heard the song.

http://www.twitch.tv/gryphonboy

He plays with the fretboard display upside down, like tabs. Is that a better way to do it? Seems to make sense, I might have to start doing that since I haven't been playing that long.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

EvilChameleon posted:

Why has this guy never heard Working Man before? :colbert:

Ha yeah that's what someone in the chat said. He was funny and talented though, and made me realize I need to practice a lot more. I would have just turned the song off once the soloing kicks in but he kept up really well, considering.

Edit- also I'm trying to help a friend get customsforge cdlc to work on his Mac but apparently Yosemite has a conflict that makes customs crash the game. Anyone have any experience with that and/or know a fix?

Snowy fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 15, 2015

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Customsforge is really making the game for me. The game is great on its own but I wasn't really wild about much of the available music. There probably won't be a lot of official Fela Kuti dlc for example. And I found an Eyehategod song, pretty psyched about that.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dolemite posted:

I really need to start actually using the customs I've been downloading. I'm put off by the fact that many of the customs seem to have only ~1-4 difficulty levels or so. I'm new to guitar, so I can't imagine enjoying these songs too much. Guess I ought to give these a whirl.

Also, I NEED some Fela Kuti songs!

Yeah the difficulty thing is a downside but there's just so much I actually like that it's a lot more fun to play. Now I just wish there was a way to uninstall a lot of the official songs I already have that are just clogging it up.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

toymach1ne posted:

You should play those official songs. The songs you like aren't necessarily the best ones to learn from.

That's completely true and it's the same advice I'm giving a friend that recently converted to the game. Still between buying the two games there's a bunch of extra stuff I don't even want to hear when scrolling through, but that's just me being bitchy I admit :v:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CitrusFrog posted:

I think that toolset someone posted a while back when I was qqing about my savegame has a function that allows you to import custom inlays.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

baka kaba posted:

Here we go, an average guy instead of a promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OYrZJ0tPnU

Holy loving gently caress that's amazing and I'm seeing them refurbished for $200-250. That would be so perfect for Rocksmith I'm getting serious GAS.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

VideoGames posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions that I may have missed?

Either get a setup at a guitar store or try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CjZANhOzHE

I just intonated a guitar for the first time and it took about 10 minutes. Made a big difference.

But really just get a setup.

E oh right duh you tried that nm

Snowy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 31, 2015

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kekekela posted:

So, into riff repeater at 100% difficulty but slowed down and focusing on just nailing the rhythm perfectly and slowly bringing the speed up while muscle memory builds.

This really helped me. Also just realized you can preview riff repeater and dial in difficulty right where you want it. That's also probably obvious but I didn't know you can see it add or remove notes so you can avoid distracting tricky parts until you're ready for them.

Kekekela posted:

I also use the tuner from the menu and actually get in tune...

Now I'm using my clip on tuner which makes my tuning way better than I get in game.

I should also turn myself up, that's probably a good idea.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I've pretty much given up on the mini games since I spend most of the time waiting for stupid intro screens to load. My fault for sucking I guess but I also seem to get way more response errors in the mini games than I do in regular play.

E- oh right that's not really what score attack is, is it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

On some Customsforge tracks there are options for DD_p.psarc or p.psarc files. I'm looking for dynamic difficulty so I go for the DD file, but is there any reason to use the p.psarc file instead? Do some people not want that option enough to make a second file at 100% difficulty?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Mercedes posted:

Shoot, I don't like Master mode at all. If I want it, I'll just look away from the screen.

Yeah seriously, the first time that happened I was like wait I'm paying them to not show me how to play now?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DeathSandwich posted:

Edit: I wonder if they keep releasing the buttrock because that's what's getting the biggest sales? I could see (granted stupid) people who write off a pack like Tom Petty as boring dad poo poo and keep buying the angsty stuff.

I'd say that's true judging by what a lot of people are choosing to make into cldc.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

When there's already cdlc for a song that Rocksmith officially releases, does customsforge take down the link to the first one?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What's the puzzle?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

unlawfulsoup posted:

I don't mind Jeff Buckley and I am pretty drat happy to see something more interesting than the generic garbage we have gotten recently.

Yeah, this. I probably won't buy any but it's a step in the right direction.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Stiff Little Fingers is a nice surprise.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I thought I had read that the rocksmith cable was sensitive and easy to overload/break by using line level or pedal outs. I guess that's not the case?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sounds like the Eyehategod pack we've all been waiting for.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This is tricky because while I don't actually like much of the dlc music it can be surprisingly fun to play.

Like Knights of Cydonia, it's fun to play all those ridiculous epic parts and I get a decent finger workout.

Anyone know some others along those lines that would make a lovely player feel like a rock god while still getting some training?

Going to get some Clash songs for sure.

E- no not that vvv

Snowy fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 14, 2015

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

toymach1ne posted:

* Accept “Balls To The Wall” – E Standard: A446
* Edgar Winter Group “Frankenstein”
* Free “All Right Now”
* Tesla “Modern Day Cowboy”

Welp thank Allah for Customsforge I guess.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

toymach1ne posted:

Yeah like that Badfish custom that didn't even have the solo charted (not indicative of all customs)

More for the things I actually enjoy, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I don't have high hopes Rocksmith will choose the weird poo poo I like so even with their flaws the cldc is one of the things that makes the game for me.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

While I'm waiting for a version of Sleep's Dopesmoker to come out I found a Customsforge track by Reverend Bizarre that is 30 minutes of doom.

Highly recommended for a long, slow, heavy and easy jam. :chillpill:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Freak Futanari posted:

Man, i didn't think My Bloody Valentine would work that well in Rocksmith, but someone made a custom for When You Sleep, and now i really wish we'd get a full MBV song pack, because it worked better than expected.

I was pretty surprised when I first checked Customsforge and didn't find anything by them and had pretty much given up hope by the time When You Sleep came out. Now I'm just jonesing for more, really all of Loveless.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was hoping that Champs was the one also known as The loving Champs

drat I would love some RS versions of their stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t52zgOWNUo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'm finally getting around to doing some drop d songs and it's fun as hell. Really liking SOD's March of the SOD and Dream House by Deafheaven- both from customsforge.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Aren't there some compatibility issues with the rs1 cable? Thought I had heard that before.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'd be excited to learn some classical but the arrangements on the first pack were so corny they were hard to listen to. I guess they feel like they have to really rock it up.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is there any trick to playing Rocksmith while using an amp or do you just get a splitter cable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Verizian posted:

You'll need an AB/Y pedal. Rocksmith on channel A, Amp channel B and a both switch to enable both at once. AB pedals only have the one switch to toggle between the channels so make sure you grab an AB/Y like the switchblade+.

There's a lot of problems it can cause though, usually grounding issues or electrical noise coming from the USB ports causing horrible distorted blips to come out of the amp. Isolation transformers can help like behringer's hum destroyer.

When it works it's great, then it randomly decides to gently caress up when a right angle patch cable rotates in the jack socket and gets too close to the rocksmith cable so you still get some noise because the bloody cables act like antennas.

Whoa thanks. Sounds a little rough but maybe worth trying.