Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

dpbjinc posted:

Also, keep in mind that when Dana got through her surgery, she realized how horrible the comic was, tried rewriting it from scratch, and finally wrote it off as unsalvageable and deleted it from the Internet. It doesn't stop GBS from regularly bringing it up in the CADWebcomics Mock Tread, but that's not really relevant to Heavenly Nostrils. She does still have some issues, but what's in the past is in the past.

Dana Simpson is into some pretty weird poo poo, though; while she certainly seems to have realized Raine Dog was a bad idea she's still kind of questionable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

There is nothing weird about this.

As someone who has lived in a college dorm, if the RA kept being a cat and not fixing poo poo around the place I would be pissed. I know she just lives in a house now, but still

I'm just saying that this is very irresponsible, also loving bizarre

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Okay so he's a hard businessman instead of a likeable eccentric film freak, but that's fair enough, really. He sourced it, which was apparently near impossible, he had it restored, and if he can get 300 grand for it from sci-fi nerds, more power to him. If anything it's almost a nice gesture to offer it to the guy who'd want it for personal reasons first rather than throw it on the anonymous collectors' market immediately. Not his fault Vitamin is being a romantic about it.

I can't wait for him to somehow be a villain, even though there appears to be literally no reason for him to do so.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

This has wrapped around to amazing again :allears:

Mandrake's reaction is great. Ho hum, alien frogmen.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

That's really drat sad. Morrie was a good guy, and his loss will be felt.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ham Shears is just Mary Worth before the plastic surgery

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

What's going on is Mark has a harpoon lodged in his arm.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tiistai posted:

Fok_It

I'm sure there's a profound message in there somewhere

Well, who hasn't that happened to?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The religious man is dressed in white, while Momma is symbolically garbed in black. She's going to hell and she likes it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Can't find a job? You just aren't trying hard enough!

Neither of the people in this strip have jobs. But that guy, he's the lazy one.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Shouldn't Wendy already have some idea of your capacity after working with you for several years now?

how the gently caress is holbrook in newspapers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pidmon posted:

Because they are infested with mermaids or people about to become mermaids because they shouted other people they didn't know were mermaids lunch 3 times and that counts as 'saving their life' so they spontaneously in the middle of traffic grow a fish tail and crash their loving car because HOLBROOK :argh:

I read this three times and still don't understand it. The gently caress is happening in this comic?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean, in which a life shared begins where dreams go to die.

If you're getting married in a pizza parlor you're probably already pretty low in life. Ten to one they've both already got cancer.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Jesus Christ. This is horrible. I don't care if he's trying to campaign for support for taking care of strays, or what, it makes me mad.

This isn't just bad, it's GilchristBad®.

Brooke, I'm sorry for all the bad things I said about your comics.

https://www.todaysdogg.com

I bet he misspells dog purely for the URL, because he's an rear end in a top hat.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Trilobite posted:

I think Mandrake gets his power from wasting someone's time. You ask him a question, and he uses it an opportunity to monopolize your attention for hours with whatever bullshit he can come up with. You asked about aliens? Here's a bunch of sketches of things that could be aliens, but probably aren't. Settle in, lady, I'm just getting warmed up. You need help catching a criminal? Let me magic away your pants and throw you in a tree and make illusions for days until he strikes again, and maybe even after that. You and a master of disguise came up to kill me? After I stop you, you can sit there while I make the disguise guy do impressions of everyone I have ever met in my entire life.

Maybe once you've been an all-powerful wizard for long enough you have to find other hobbies. Mandrake is trying to break into the comics industry and he's seeing what that woman thinks of his new concept sketches.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

If they were going to fake the time anyway, why isn't the guy in the photo and not his wife? What the hell does that photo prove? Why did they need to fake an alibi for someone who didn't commit the murder anyway?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I don't think I really understand Lost Side of Suburbia. What's going on with all these weird animal people? Last time I remember reading it it was about, you know, humans and stuff.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Do you remember Pluggers? Because I do.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

But! Lucky for us! Kevin & Kell loads up just fine! Yay!

Stop talking to your food, you idiot.

So if even the plants are sentient, literally every character in this comic is a serial killer. The gently caress is with this guy?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

But the other ones could also have disguised their dog by changing the collar argh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Thing happens--person reacts. WOW! Must be psychic!

I really hope Mary helps the indigo child learn to connect with the cosmos. I really hope that's actually going to happen in this storyline, it'll be great.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I eagerly await Inspector Danger's first locked-room mystery, where the solution is that there was a door.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Today, we find out how many Pibgorns it takes to screw in a light bulb.

that is some ugly shading and anatomy right there

dodge and burn are not your friends, brooke

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I can't stand heavenly nostrils. every joke is exactly the same.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Grilox posted:

Really? You're taking issue with it when right above it is Non Sequitur, AKA "I only have one joke and it is politics"?

People don't constantly hold Non Sequitur up as a wonderful comic strip.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

This was featured on the Mary Worth website

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

thank you holbrook

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I keep seeing his right leg as being her left leg and I can't unsee it now. Brooke McEldowney sucks.

Until just now I had no idea it wasn't.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Julet Esqu posted:

Whatever peril Gunther now faces, I can't imagine it's more perilous than people who change your clothes while you sleep. Is that just me? I always find it really creepy when it happens in movies.

Well, yes, you can leave Peru just like that. That is sort of the point of an airport.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

EasyEW posted:

It's a Macintosh loading thing.

e: ugh, beaten...

he really doesnt know poo poo about computers does he

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

I don't really know what Autocorrect has to do with any of this.

i actually think a lot of people use autocorrect.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Did the artist deliberately make this look like family guy or is he just incompetentm

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Darthemed posted:

That info-bar is hands down the funniest thing to come from Holbrook.

People keep editing it into things but I don't understand what it is.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Shadeoses posted:

It's kind of weird to see Mandrake murdering his way through the IJN with gun, grenade and bayonet, rather than I dunno, making them hallucinate that they're being attacked by a swarm of bees, or something. Nice to see him wearing his tux, though.

I can only assume that "Japs" aren't worth the effort.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Does anybody even go to upper education for four years or less these days besides philosophy majors?

i did

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

I really hate this comic.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

pluggers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mehuyael posted:

He's pandering to people with an involuntary transformation fetish.

like himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mehuyael posted:

I have no idea, but he's pandering.

He's real lucky that his editors don't know anything about these kinds of things and/or don't care.

That comic isn't published in newspapers.

• Locked thread