Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

No mention of the soccer map, voted 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Necc0 posted:

I was going to title the thread after McVey's 'pretty much every map is dust2' but then I didn't. Sorry McVey :\

Enjoy your ban.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Weinertron posted:

Can someone add to the OP what guns are widely considered bad purchases? I've been playing competitive with a bunch of people who are new to CS, and I'm so new and useless I don't know what to tell them to buy because I always just get ak or m4.

I'm pretty sure we would stand a better chance if we don't go into midgame rounds with sweet dualies and Mac 10s, but I have very little sense of what guns are good at what times. We've won our first 3 competitive matches ever though, so something must be going well!

Only use the scout if you're me. :colbert:

Shotguns can be an effective tool against teams that are saving, but stay away from the auto shotty which is pretty much garbage. They're particularly good at narrow choke points where teams have a tendency to rush through smokes or flashes (like tunnel at B in dust2).

The Deagle is basically a gimmick gun now, but I've warmed up to it. It still has a long way to go towards being useful again, so just opt for a P250\Five-Seven\Tec-9 against armor. The Deagle takes way more patience to use than it should.

MP9 and Mac-10 are crap, but I feel like the Mac is mildly better.

c0burn posted:

Why do you say to turn off multicore rendering?

A lot of people have performance and crashing issues with it turned on, so I'd imagine most people are probably better off disabling it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

a slime posted:

Goonmans are fun again yayyy

:lol: I was wondering how the hell you managed to do that.

Turk February posted:

Seriously though, if Prostidude, Fat Lou, and myself end up being on a team together, there is an 85% probability that we will lose, but I can guarantee that we are having the most fun in a Goonman.

"Everyone buy dualies! Now everyone use sawed offs! Now all TEC's! Scouts! SHOTGUNS!"

Team Pro Strats :getin:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fat Lou makes the best videos. :swoon:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

B3dl4m posted:

I've been playing for a few months now and i sometimes get picked second from last instead of just last!

Fyi, Fat Lou will usually always be my first overall draft pick and vice versa so no one take it personally please.

...Followed by Turk.

And Shadowlz.

And Grips.

Team Good Vibes.

:getin:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mcvey posted:

Confidence is huge in CS.

The power of good vibes cannot be understated.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Can this go in the OP, please? Thanks.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Smug Mug posted:

I guess what I'm saying is that you can use the scout as long as you're Prostidude.

Fixed.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

teagone posted:

Cent needs to stop being a Dota bumb and play CS again. I miss hearing him say "WHAAAAAAAAT" after getting owned.

My favorite WHAAAAAT was when I accidentally shot him in the head while he was defusing at A on dust2 during a pistol round. I was halfway down long and just shot for the hell of it, thinking it would only do a bit of damage but nope, got him right in the face and killed him halfway into his defuse.

The best part was he had a little laugh right before I shot and it instantly changed gears into WHAAAAAAAAAAT WHYYYY. :allears:

Good times.

#comehomeCent

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Turk February posted:

My favorite Cent moments happened during a match on de_nuke where we were on opposing teams, and I ended up owning him by complete luck both times.

First time was I was on T in lobby just watching the CT connector to radio room, and I just barely had my cross hair in between two walls so I could just barely be able to see if someone pushed. Well, he decided to push and I one shot him before he even saw me. I felt very proud and knew he had uttered either of his trademark "WHHHHAAATTTT" or "WHATEVER", because how could he not?

Second time was after we had switched sides and I was watching B ramp with an app and smoked the corridor to radio room, and then I just began firing bullshit app shots for the hell of it. Lo and behold, one of those bullets took off his head. Again I had no confirmation of his trademarks, but I knew he had said at least one of them.

Just reminds me of one shotting him three times in a row with a scout at mid on Mirage that time.

"wtf did they buff scout"

lol nope :smugdog:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I want to play goonmans but I don't want to end up on Fat Lou's YouTube channel.

Joke's on you, it's a badge of honor at this point.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Coleman posted:

Speaking of the next Goonvid, you need to come on Steam so I can tell you about a couple of rounds that need to be included in it.

That pincer attack on toscan owned.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shadowlz posted:

I also have never had it happen in MM or other servers. But I also never have the smoke bug happen outside of goonpug. :iiam:

I get odd FPS drops everywhere I play along with the smoke bug. :smith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mesothelioma posted:

Please tell me someone got the nova supremacy from last night.

Jesus some of those long range headshots. :negative:

They should just put a scope on it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hoods is trash. :colbert:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Apogee15 posted:

1.6 should be erased from everyone's memory forever. Counterstrike started with css.

Enjoy never playing on Buttman. :thumbsup:

I still have a secret hope Valve would eventually do :kickinrad: weapon models, like an MP5 replacement for the MP7.

Or the Doom shotgun sprite for the Nova. :getin:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Slaapaav posted:

Why doesn't having armor make you run slower?

Because that would be kind of dumb?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

dumber than it being slower running with a pistol than with a knife?

Yes. :colbert:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cuntpunch posted:

Another highlight from last night's goonmans:

Counter-Strike: Grocery Offensive

That 360 spraying headshot, still so good :lol:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Babyface Mingo posted:

favela is literally the shitiest map ever ahahahaha

worse than ali

Motel is worse.

Far, far worse.

Never leave it in the list when matchmaking. :negative:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

astr0man posted:

At least they fixed that bug on favela where you could stand on the garbage bags in T spawn and crash the server because whoever made the map made every single piece of trash inside the garbage bag an individual prop or something.

:lol: Is this for real, because why the gently caress do so many mapmakers think cluttering maps with stupid poo poo like this is a good thing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Accidentally baiting prost as hard as possible for that sweet victory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u_2vnkjDhU

Oh man I had forgotten about that, it ended up working so well. :allears:

Also if you want to win just buy a mac-10 or mp9 every round, thanks

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Drunk Tomato posted:

There are only six skins for the Scout? what is this injustice

Daeno posted:

The worst injustice is the lack(zero) of statrak XM1014 (autoshottie) skins.

Seriously Gabe get your poo poo together. We need more stattrak Scouts, not just Blood in the Water or whatever it's called. :argh:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Daeno posted:

Video of :weed:(t0tt) drilling the new goons

Edit: No offense to the goons named in the video, I just picked some random names I know aren't topfraggers

Please don't stop making these.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's not always so bad. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBUcqLaQXA8

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

RadioPassive posted:

I'm not sure. Does that make up for the 99 other times that you're one of the T's getting poo poo on?

Yes, yes it does. :colbert:

(Honestly my last six or seven MM games have been pretty evenly matched, so maybe I'm just getting lucky.)

This is a classic, but drat I laughed way too hard when he asked if he had the mod version or the retail version. So many memories.

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 1, 2014

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pr0phecy posted:

Is there a website or freeware game that I can play to improve reflex/aim?

missionred.com isn't working for me because of some Java poo poo and apparently that's like cream of the crop.

Bust a Move is what you're looking for bro, I shoot those loving bubbles every loving day, look what it does for me:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahaha, that wasn't panic fire son, I heard the footsteps right after I got the first kill on the dude out of tunnels and just strafed back and forth with some controlled sprays.

Check the demo bro, poo poo was under control. :smugbert:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:laffo: 65 and 12? How many times did he ace?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Welp, looks like my luck ran out with solo queiing. Got into a game on dust2 where I spent the first four or five rounds as the only person on my team with a kill, with teammates that would frequently give up long A and cat and a dude in B who literally never smoked/flashed/fire bombed tunnel. Things didn't get better when we switched to T-side, as they would just run up to DD at A or into B tunnels and would sit for the entire round and get picked up by peeking awpers one by one.

On top of all the stupid poo poo, the game ends and it turns out they were all the same rank as me. :ughh: (opposite team had some eagles and higher ranked dudes mixed in IIRC, and one dude nearly thirty bombed with 12 deaths or so, he didn't even die until the 8th round)

I can't complain too much because most of my solo queue matches have been pretty good and I've been DMG since about 20 wins or so but god drat how those guys were above even low novas was beyond me. I don't mind losing when the games are back and forth or people are just having fun but holy poo poo when your team is loving brain dead the good vibes go away fast as hell.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It is. Where are you located?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This is a good post.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dvsilverwing posted:

So hilarious, because being frustrated at moronic changes obviously makes me an aspie.

Actually having a meltdown over an utterly insignificant change in a video game might be grounds for being an aspie. :thumbsup:

Hence where my reading comes in.

Also Daeno make another vid please.

FMPONE posted:

Can't wait to show you guys what we've been up to.

cs_estate reloaded? :pcgaming:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Motel design doc:

The hell with that map forever.

I think it was me, astr0, Lou and one other person MM'ing one day who got Motel randomly.

Never again. :negative:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:lol: please shut the gently caress up

We did matchmaking with grips, kcer, slime, and astro and I'm publicly calling out astro who bottom fragged the entire time and should probably uninstall the game and continue reading this thread and all of it's great advice.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

astr0man posted:

Um excuse me I didn't bottom frag and if anyone should be cut it's grips

:laffo: that score is amazing.

Grips change your avatar or you will be banned, thanks dude.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

ideally they'd just mm ban(for overwatch) or vac all accounts that they could feasibly associate with the user(ip address? HWID or something). there's too many wildcard possibilities for them to actually touch accounts that the person wasn't logged in to while cheating though. i mean i know i'd be pretty pissed if my roommate got vac'd and my account was banned. though if you ask me, if you don't immediately evict a person who is cheating under your roof you should be subject to [worse] penalties than the hacker themselves!

If someone finds you're cheating, gaben storms into your home and your personal property becomes Valve's.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Zwiftef posted:

They recently updated dota2 crates to no longer drop duplicate items, I hope they do the same to CS:GO items (while leaving stat-trak items as rare always possible to drop) I got so many of that lovely mag7

But how else will I get three AUG Contractor skins in a row? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

kcer posted:

Got some bad news for you because there are no good looking AK skins except the default one :(

Haha look at this scrub who has never seen the Blue Laminate before. :smug:

• Locked thread