Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Don Lapre posted:

So do demo xbox ones even exist in stores yet? Its been like 4 months. Everyone has the same fake xbone, looping video and empty controller holders.

I asked the guy at bestbuy and he said he was told it was due to low stock but then he pointed out they have 50+ sitting in the back of the store.

My local GameStop just got one. The only playable game is Forza, but I finally got to touch the controller and try out the rumble triggers. They were kind of cool.

The TV wasn't set up right though, and kept covering 1/3 of the screen with some kind of weird overlay (pictures of parrots??) At first I thought it was the Xbox doing it, but then I realized the overlay had the TV logo on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Tyree posted:

Comcast's newest cable boxes are called the X1 platform. Don't have anything to do with or any ties to microsoft though.

Comcast also has a big partnership with EA. Their cable boxes are going to stream console-quality games. It's like they're trying to cause brand confusion.

Edit: \/\/ Talkin' about this. Seems to be in beta, still. Just like another X1. ;)

Cable boxes will probably always be hot trash, though.

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 9, 2014

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The free to play games are also PS4/PC, like Planetside 2, Blacklight, and Warframe. Though Warframe might come to xb1?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Cowman posted:

Twitch is working to be the "official" gaming stream service. Don't they do the big Dota/Lol tournaments and a number of other gaming things? I don't think they do streams that aren't gaming related anymore so they definitely want to buddy up to game companies to get exclusive deals and stuff.

They are the OFFICIAL STREAMING PARTNER of E3 this year, also.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

wottermelon posted:

Are they also planning on keeping their ludicrous 30-second delay for E3? I get the reasoning for why they changed everything, but it still pisses me off that they did this to most of their streamers.

I don't have high hopes.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Delusibeta posted:

Spoiler alert: Plex is already on the Roku and the Amazon Fire TV, which are substantially cheaper options if you haven't already bought an Xbone. :ssh: But yeah, considering a) Microsoft is introducing a "universal app" format for WinMetro/WinPhone/Xbone and b) Plex already has a WinMetro app, it wouldn't surprise me if they plan to move towards the universal app format.

The Xbox One Plex app is an unofficial third-party app from a member of the Plex forums.

quote:

CJPresler, absolute worst case... Plex Home Theater is an Open Source application with its code on Github and the Plex Developer Center has a lot of documentation, so it isn't exactly like I would be starting from scratch ;)

It would certainly be easier if I had the code for the Windows 8 Modern UI Client, but it is still easy enough.

I can't speak to whether any other party applied to join ID@Xbox to bring Plex to the Xbox One, but I can say that it was far from a strait forward process and required using a few back-channel contacts to finally get in touch with the right people to get the final "Okay, you're in."

I personally made it a priority after I picked up one of my own and realized just how frustrating getting something to work with PlayTo really was.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Funkmaster General posted:

Netflix etc being behind the paywall is dumb, but who on earth doe it really matter to? If you had Netflix before getting an Xbox, you probably already had somewhere to watch it. If you got the xbox first, you probably got gold anyway, and if not then at least they're pretty open about it. I don't see it coming as a nasty surprise to anyone.

I mean, I get why it's stupid, but I don't understand why people always bring it up and get so upset by it. It doesn't actively detract from the value of gold, netflix, or the console itself (the latter being arguable, to be fair).

And anyway, wasn't there a credible rumor about excluding apps from the paywall? They were talking about it on the Bombcast last week.

People keep bringing it up because it's the perfect example of Microsoft's weird almost passive-aggressive consumer hostility.

If you steal all the change from the couch cushions every time you visit a friend's house you're not really going to bankrupt them or anything. They probably forgot it was there in the first place. But it says something about you and how you treat your friends.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

When I look at my friends list on 360 I can't see what specific games people are playing on Xbox One. It just says "Playing Xbox One" all the time.

So I just checked xbox.com and it still gives me the generic "Playing Xbox One" status. Am I not able to see what specific games people are playing unless my profile has logged in on an Xbox One or something?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Chasiubao posted:

It's just the way the system works. 360 only ever sees that generic message, but the opposite works fine.

That makes sense, but why can't I see it on the website?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

If I just have a 360 and an active Gold subscription, can I claim the free Xbox One games? I'm trying to search for them on Xbox.com and they don't show up. Actually, no Xbox One games are showing at all!

Edit: Figured it out. Have to go to the Xbox One games page and then click on a gray box in the middle of the page?? Apparently the search function completely ignores the existence of Xbox One.

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 4, 2014

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

So is that what happened?

That's lame.

Kewpuh is the worst and I'm not afraid to say it. Nope.

Kewpuh is cool and good

i saw the posts :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Crafty posted:

People are upset about a closed thread about a console they hate. :qq:

Please contact parents and have them remove all sharp objects from the top posters hovels, and take their shoe laces.

This is impressive

Can't wait to play it at full high definition!!

This does look like an awful lot of fun and I will be sad not to play it. I hope you enjoy it, Crafty :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

What is it? Looks OK but from a gif it is too hard to tell wtf is going on

It's just Halo. I miss Halo. My XBL Gold expired so I can't even play the 600p versions but my friend might be getting a Bone so I might get some split-screen action sometime :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Please do not be afraid of the xbox mock thread regulars. That's like being afraid of your grandmother's Chihuahua.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Like just throw the door open, stride in and be all 'THREAD TIME MOTHERFUCKERS' then put 2 thumbs up and make a gun shooting motion and give a wink?

if this is how you make love then take me now i'm yours

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

is Horizons the game they meant to release at launch?

no that was driveclub

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

The developer has stated "no microtransactions at launch"

They will come, this is a MS game, after all.

True but games that add in microtransactions later seem to not suffer much from it.

I don't think it hurt PvZ: Garden Warfare much when they did this (did it??)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Crafty posted:

He's got a good point, what am I missing?

That game was really damned good.

EA killed the servers :(

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

More wine, Lord Crafty? Your men fought bravely today.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

Et tu, Bass Bottle?

No one be offended by my lovely jokes pls I try to be evenly gentle and I don't hate anyone really :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

You as well :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Resident Evil 5 + 6 are not as good as 4 but they are really fun co-op games, and 6 lets you do sick flips

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Their Legend of Korra game is going to suck because it's predetermined.

Yes but Bayonetta 2 is going to be awesome

life is ebb and flow

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

I used to post there and liked it a lot but then the whole forum turned purple and had lasers all over it and I found it hard to read so I stopped

It's not purple anymore!! :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

univbee posted:

Aren't most Wii U games 720p?

Mario Kart is 720p/60fps and has no AA but it's still gorgeous and you can play as Pink Gold Peach the game freaking rules

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I keep my wiimote safely strapped to my wrist day and night

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 27, 2014

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

circ dick soleil posted:

This thread used to be really good.

Do you mean this thread or the other thread

Because neither

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Widestancer posted:

There once was a woman from china

With an Xbone stuck up her vagina

When her husband complained

Of the RAM it contained

She replied "Oh, don't be such a whiner."

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Xbox Live was very stable on 360, but since the Xbox One came out it goes down multiple times a week.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

My videogame opinions get weaker by the day

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

is the voiceover Danny from the mindy project y/n

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Plex users won't pay for movies but they'll pay a subscription fee to see their pirated videos organized with the correct cover art.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Hello friends.

Ubisoft says that the final specs for AC:U are not locked down, so there might be a 1080p patch for PS4.

Also, it looks like Driveclub isn't reviewing as well as Forza Horizon 2.

Something for everyone today :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The PS4 controller problem is a lot easier to deal with. It's just the rubber coating that comes off. The sticks don't actually break, and you can buy cheap little covers to replace them.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Having to buy extra stuff to make your controller not lovely means that your controller is lovely, hth

For FIFA players like T Bowl who will break whatever controller they touch, the PS4 controller will be a lot easier to deal with. Buying little rubber caps sounds better than mailing in broken controllers.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The_Franz posted:

Neither of these issues should be happening. If your controllers are falling apart due to vigorous use within a year of launch then they are just defective, especially when their predecessors withstood the same punishment for years without falling apart.

:agreed:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The best racing games involve gliding imo

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Bioshock Infinite was awesome because it was a MATURE & pretentious disney princess movie from Ken Levine that made no sense and the gameplay was acceptable and i loved it

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

no one talks on the phone anymore stop lying crafty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Crafty posted:

Can princess peach drive a Lamborghini?

Just wait for Mario Kart 9