Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

craiggy0 posted:

Just got back into EVE a couple days ago after finally upgrading my PC setup. Tried to play the game before in a couple of different corps.. one was with my buddies and we were noob central, and the other was not as fun as I had hoped. I was interested in joining dem Goons for a more satisfying experience. I'm new to SA also which probably means this will take some time?

Think of the OP as an intelligence test. Sooner or later we will find out if you passed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Guess he doesn't need any more money for PC parts and his bid for a CCP job failed, so he's bowing out on a wave of excuses.

What a dickbag.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Please just delete this post.

Why? Its a helpful aide for the auth team.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

i do cocaine posted:

Vouches are meant for people who know a Goonwaffe member in real life. So your only option is to post more, and integrate, or just simply :getout:.

There is always Groon, and Syndicate is more fun than sov war bullshit anyways.

Hey hey, if Scooter wants to vouch him, who is going to argue?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

polmbo posted:

I just started EVE and was reading a post on CFC vs N3 and saw a post about Goons rule and figured it had to be Something Awful crew. I've played with Goons in a few other games and have always had fun. I know I'm a lurker and should post more often but do I really have to be "active" for 3 months to join the fleet? I just want to blow some poo poo up with some fellow goons.

Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

— Derek Robinson, Piece of Cake, 1983

If you want to join the space important guild Goonwaffe, then those things matter.

If you want to just shoot poo poo without consequence or basic requirements; join Groon. The OP is pretty clear about this.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

goodness posted:

Can Groon people join Goonwaffe ?

So long as you don't treat Groon like a holding corp while you wait to play in the "real" goon corp, aren't an insufferable shitlord and meet the other requirements, Vyst has been known to let it slide.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Finnankainen posted:

Is there some grand conspiracy where everyone who hates Goonswarm cannot spell the Mittani's name correctly? Seriously, you'd think that there would be at least one articulate goon critic out there.

We tend to hire the better (i.e. functionally literate) ones to do articles for TMC. There's no doubt there's a lot of pro-goon stuff there, but there's definitely some rational counterarguments that get published. Not that the mouth breathing grr-goons crowd accept it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

To be honest, I truly believe that the FYF Celestis is basically the best example of a CFC (and particularly; Goonswarm) philosophy that I find endearing. We might be colossal asshats to anyone not in the CFC (and to plenty of people within the CFC too, for that matter, :v:) but I think its great that we actively include newbies in the big important space battles in a meaningful way. The idea that any part of the game should only be accessible to old, rich players alone is terrible, and I'm glad we actively oppose it in that way. Seriously gives me the warm fuzzies. :kimchi:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Vando posted:

This can be overstated though, there's now a bunch of non-SA corps in GSF, not to mention the entire rest of the CFC. Sure it helps to form a solid core for ~important space tasks~ and stuff, but I don't think it's as big a deal nowadays when it comes to generating numbers in fleet.

And yet, for all that, unless there's some massive conspiracy to suppress reports of it going on, I've not heard of many instances of awoxing or spies causing significant losses (like the spy corp we had in TEST during the Fountain war for example) within GSF, despite all the non-SA corps in it.

Is our vetting better, or are we just more cohesive?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Too bad he doesn't understand the concept of brevity.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cerebral Wolf posted:

Wrecking shot huh SUAS? ...

I like it, it's quite different to the other stuff.

Wait, what? Apparently I missed something amongst all this unironic talk of hisec mission running.

What are you talking about?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

This is fantastic. Made my Monday morning.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Coolwhoami posted:

Hey man I put my heart and soul into that :colbert:

What about effort and talent? :v:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Glory of Arioch posted:

^^^ This is not correct, sorry mang

Nope. In Incursion 1.4 they changed it so ihub spawned anom quality is directly tied to truesec. Hilariously, this reduced the total number of high-end anoms in nullsec by a factor of approximation 1.41 hojillion.

That was the point.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lowkin posted:

I'm watching destinies stream and this is what I fear going to null-sec before I even have t2 guns on frigates. There corp or whatever seems in tatters because they have gotten poo poo on every single fight. They just wiped 30 ruptures and I have seen them wipe pretty much every fleet before that. Sure losing a ship is okay but constantly losing drags on everyone and you start to not have fun. I don't want to be on even keel with everyone I just don't want to be pissing ships down the drain and getting frustrated with the game cause I keep losing.

None of them seem to be able to make any ISK either they are relying on destinies plex ISK from subs.

I understand that if I joined an actual corp they wouldn't be as terrible as these guys, but I like to do solo roam or small group stuff as my schedule is very wonky and I can't commit to hour long fleets.

Oh boy I usually stay out of this, but I struggle to read your posts and I'm hoping that this will lead to a productive change. So, with that in mind;

Destiny is an idiot for several reasons. First among them is for streaming EVE when he is a ~notable person~. He has many people who don't really like him for various reasons and he records his fights (and the squeals of his pubbie fleetmates when he dies). It should come as no surprise then that his fleets get more than their share of dunks in a game full of immortal sociopaths.

It is entirely possible to have huge amounts of fun getting blown up... If you fly with the right people. Destiny doesn't fly with the right people. He flies with pubbie shitlords and it is reflected in his streams. This is in direct contrast to goon fleets where the op is considered a failure if you come back alive.

The other point is that while you will get blown up a lot on goon fleets (yay!) you will do your share of popping the other guy too. This is because most of our FCs are annoyingly competent.

As for cost? You really need to stop worrying about it. Frigates are free, and it is entirely possible to fit ships so you actually make a profit when you explode due to the generous reimbursement program once you get above the "free frigate" level. Besides, money rains down on newbees and we have well established paths to wealth once you outgrow the free stuff phase.

No goon who asks for help gets left behind. Its why we are where we are today.

I'm hoping some of this reaches you, because I am literally watching you morph into the EVE-O pubbies I nuke to make the game a better place.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The combination of your forum name and post made me laugh way harder than it should have.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lowkin posted:

I am terrible at explaining myself it seems. You guys keep quoting me and ignoring the context.

We get that you don't want to lose. We are telling you that this is inevitable, and something that can be enjoyable.

If Groon and Goonwaffe don't do it for you for some reason, then maybe Brave Newbies would be a better fit. They can help you have fun even when losing.

A lot of people in this thread are trying to help you (and plenty like to poke too). In just about all cases, we are trying to break you out of a mindset that we know leads to disappointment and early burnout.

But do as you will. Good luck.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Otacon posted:

You are absolutely dense, or a very good troll.

I've been playing for less than two weeks. During this previous Hell Camp, I had less than 500k SP, and was given EIGHT FRIGATES for absolutely nothing in return. I died 3 times and got podded 3 times, losing ~10mil worth of stuff.

Here's my lovely Kill Mails I somehow made it on

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&view=kills&plt_id=2376646&m=2&y=2014

You're doing yourself a disservice (and essentially everyone here who's read your blathering) by being so obtuse.

Goons love NEWBEES.

I'm going to shove ISK down your throat till you choke.

edit: done.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Feb 24, 2014

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Currently sitting on my neutral market alt babysitting orders right now, so don't worry about it. :)

Just make sure you turn it into embarrassing killmails as soon as possible! :cheers:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bagu posted:

Jesus gently caress people. Stop dog piling on lowkin. I know he has awful priorities for this game and a very poor temperament for it, but how do you all expect him yo respond to fifteen different people saying something to him every hour? Justifying his terrible decisions shouldn't be a full time job.

This is rational except its you saying it so I'm kinda waiting for the punchline.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh that CEO update is loving beautiful.

I'm about 2 weeks away from flying my dream ship (Vagabond) and I was a little worried about how I was going to fund more than a few of them under peacetime reimbursement. Now I can lose them all day and come out ahead. I am giddy as hell.

I forgot about my arty wolves... Oh God the arty wolves. :awesome:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Nietzschean posted:

Stealth bombers being reimbursed 90M is going to be odd. We already lose several to AFKs, pos guns, etc., per op.

Our Newbees are going to get rich getting nuked in Celestis aren't they?

This is the best day ever. :toot:

Edit: I'm going to faction fit everything. :getin:

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 26, 2014

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fix Lag posted:

Who needs Siege Fleet when you can use dreads? :smug:

Lyris Nairn.

edit:

Someone should leak that update to Gevlon Goblin. Things just haven't been the same since the ISDs shut down his multiple threads of autistic meltdowns, and I think that'd prompt him to start another one.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I had a character in goonfleet waaaay back, I think it's name was Sharkelberry or something. I kinda want to join up again but I would feel bad about leaving my real life friends behind.

can they reimburse your ship losses so you profit from dying?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Daktari posted:

Was this a Marie Antoinette bread/cake reference, or am I just daft?

You are right, but you are also wrong

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lowkin posted:

Did some hot-dropping last night, that was a lot of fun.

Lost my first 10 million frig in about 5 minutes because I have no idea what bombs look like.

They look like "bomb" on your overview, and if you see one within 30KM of you, you'd better already be warping out.

edit: what I'm saying is, if you're looking for it on your screen "in space" you're wasting valuable fleeing time.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Hearing all these stories about the dark old days makes me wonder how this game ever survived to this point. If someone suggested EVE circa 2006 today the whole project would be strangled in the crib (and rightly so).

I'm suddenly less annoyed about drone assist and null space being mostly garbage to live in.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

My suggestion is to sample a little of everything, but to get in as many fleets and blowing stuff up as you can.

Then when you've tried a little of everything, find something you like and set yourself a goal in that direction. Once you've reached that goal, find another one. Rinse, repeat.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Mittens announced squad deployments to Delve.

Its happening. We are now deploying to protect our renters. :barf:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

At the moment we are spending most of our time back on the western side of the map evicting all the dirty plebs who started nibbling on our goodies while we were murdering N3PL.

I know Space Violence is in Fountain right now. Which means you should be too.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The Leper Colon V posted:

Alright, I'm an idiot. Someone walk me through barfing up my character, so I can get advice on just what I can fly worth flying. Because if I really am just going back to Rifters and lovely drakes, then... :shrug:

What are you talking about exactly?

Are you attempting to retrieve a character you have forgotten the details for? If so, submit a ticket and CCP will bend over backwards to get you back in the game if you can remember a detail or two.

If you mean you don't know what to train towards, it might help if you posted your character details on http://eveboard.com/ so we can see what you've got, so we can see what you're close to.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The Leper Colon V posted:

I guess getting my API and uploading it to one of these public sites so people can tell me how lovely my skills are.

I'll only laugh if you put lots of points into mining skills.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

i do cocaine posted:

Exhumers V, Ice Harvesting V crew checking in :smith:

:laffo:

How much extra do your clones cost because of that crap?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kheldragar posted:

Is anyone else getting "This socket is closed" immediately after they try to log into a character?

e: Nevermind, something's hosed with my router, but not hosed enough that I can't browse the internet and notice.

I'm getting the same thing. Unless you are stealing my wifi, its EVE.

edit: because apparently this game is conspiring against me to cause me to default on a bunch of margin trades. :woop:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kheldragar posted:

Actually, it turned out that my router problems were only a coincidence. :cripes:

Stop stealing my wifi. :colbert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kitchner posted:

I'm still waiting to found out what I was rejected from. I'm dying to find out.

Look, just :fuckoff:

no one gives a poo poo about you, whatever untreated mental disorder you happen to be suffering from, or any of the drama you're importing and spewing into this thread.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

I like how "importing" is the go to fallback when shitbirds start an argument and can't defend it.

Please quote the post where I started an argument.

I'm not even sure what the gently caress happened in the last 2 pages. As best as I can tell, someone said something about Zulusquad, and then another someone got mad about it, and then the first someone got shouted down for being ignorant.

None of which was worth reading about, and should be buried as quickly as possible.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Uba Stij posted:

So how about that AFK Cloaking? :v:

I know you're joking, but I would literally rather have that old, rehashed argument over whatever the gently caress has happened till now.

So yes, how bout that AFK cloaking? :v:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I was deeply saddened to read about how BNI is going to form a coalition with TEST. Why BNI is racing to swallow that poison pill, I have no idea.

RIP BNI. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Uba Stij posted:

You son of a bitch. How dare you try and put that horror on me.

It's always sad when parents fight to force custody of the little inbred retard on the other party. :smith:

• Locked thread