Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Smythe posted:

chromecast is epic for "let me show this 1 youtube vid" that becomes 3 hours of drinking beer and watching fail army vids kuz ppl can add vids to the tv youtube queue from their phones

uh, what if i only drink water and tea and have never seen a streaming video and also don't have a smart phone or any friends?

what then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

mishaq posted:

ill take a 30% haircut in salary if i get healthcare, guaranteed paternity leave and my kids' college education paid for

i figure society will collapse before i need significant healthcare spending so i'd rather have the pay now to invest in important stuff like a big bunker filled to the brim with buckets of freeze dried food and hot babes that teach me tough karate poses so i can survive in the wasteland

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

i'm going to uparmor a biodiesel bulldozer and use it to run over various terminators and cannibals as i wander the land righting wrongs

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

imagine the road but instead of a big crybaby dragging his kid around new england a very cool one eyed dude with a handlebar moustache and billy idol hair leaps out of the cab of a bulldozer filled with hot babes and starts doing a bunch of fist of the northstar moves on a gang of motorcycle toughs

that's my plan for ~2043-2060s

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

silence_kit posted:

It makes perfect sense that they don't want to sell low-volume specialty products. How are robots for the military/industry going to help them sell ads?

well, imagine if robocop had a pico projector built into his little visor deal and it showed ads for bail bonds and cash4title loans

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

i think that what google or whoever should do is make a good telephone and then charge like 150 bucks for it so you get a bigtime bargain and feel like a smart shopper

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

spankmeister posted:

Nokia is making anroid phone now. Mid-tier for like $200-250 or summat.

i spent $100 on a new phone 5s and feel like i overpaid by about $80, so any phone that isn't at least as good as an iphone 5s should cost no more than $20

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

so i bought another android phone and it was also not good and i resold it the next day, again

i feel like that goofy guy that kept buying and selling android phones, except i sell them for more than i spent

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Blue Train posted:

My friend's father then appeared from nowhere and said from outside the door that they don't allow locked doors in their house

huh, that's weird, because i found this lock on this door that you own and it seems to work?

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

i really hate will smith and his dumb face and voice and opinions and i'm glad he broke his phone, i think it's good

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

so i ended up buying another android phone, and it's okay. i ended up getting paid $20 to buy it, and it isn't awful and it makes and receives telephone calls.

so I guess i did it, i'm the android champion

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

The Management posted:

linux is free if your time is worthless. android proving your time can have negative value.

yeah it's real bad

i wish apple would decide to make good phones again, but then this is the dark cyberpunk timeline so i guess lol bring on the cheap chinese hand decks

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

syscall girl posted:

and pixels are sexy as hell except when they aren't

the problem is the pixel is like $750 but i feel ripped off getting paid to own an android phone

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

i mean, i guess thomas paine was right because all of my iphones have been free and i think they also stink big time

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

what cant you do on ios that you can do on android other than play pirated anime waifu games and download phone herpes

idk, my phone has an ir blaster and I probably use it as a smart remote more than a phone

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

it's a remote that you have to wake, unlock, open, and look at before changing the volume or something rather than just pressing a button

you tap the fingerprint sensor once and it launches any app so i made it the remote and it just goes, which is 100x better than any logitech or whoever remote

and i made the first page of my remote a bunch of really big device buttons so like bluray, bookshelf speaker, tv, w/e so it's easy to hit the touch targets and get the actual remote you want and i only have like the 8 most common buttons for each set up along with a big 4way arrow key so again you can actualy hit the touch targets without looking at it

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

qirex posted:

lol great job guys, we'd better throw another 2 bil at this problem instead of figuring out why 4chan nazis can game our breaking news system

well, at their current rate of growth, in seven years they'll control 179% of the smart phone market

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

that's one of the many reasons why I don't use the gmail ios app. i don't use the youtube app either because i can't block ads in it the way i can in safari with purify.

i also don't use the facebook app for similar reasons, but i was forced to get the pages manager app because i can't pull up taco truck messages in the browser most of the time.

i hate the youtube app for ios but no streaming video will load on my ipad. the only thing that works is the youtube app, which is a huge toilet.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

poty posted:

my favorite google feature is how it only lets you set your home and work address for google maps directions if you give them permission to save your location history

if you enable location history for a minute, set your addresses and disable it they dont delete them (still visible in the gui) but you cant use them in your searches because gently caress you for trying to keep a modicum of privacy

well, they capture your location anyway, so why bother blocking location permission?

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

why is eveyone in yospos crying about using 1 gig of data reading reddit and saving $11 dollars by only using their phone while riding on public transportation and eating pretty decent subway sandwiches out of the trash can behind the jimmy johns?

stop riding around in a bus hunkered over your amazon ad sponsored blu phone listening to the 64k stream of weird al and other comedy albums pandora station like a crazed hobo and just use your big figgies to buy unlimited data

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Sapozhnik posted:

"internet commies" are just people who recognize the situation for what it is and make the feeling mutual.

maybe instead of crying on the internet they should just get a better job and then they would have the big figs and if they care so much they can give all the big figs away to poor people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

Shaggar posted:

"let me tell you about my relationship, wait why are you falling asleep? no see my relationship is different"

when did echinopsis get a name change?

• Locked thread