Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
One week and ~20 hours from the draft, we've almost made it. Talk about how dumb Goodell is and how much less hype you are about the draft than you should be ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

David Carr was given an extremely long leash due to the situation of the Texans franchise and the money devoted to him. The reason he stuck around for forever was because he's a backup QB. Carr wasn't an exceptionally good prospect to begin with.

Carr was absolutely a good prospect coming out of college. Ideal size, big arm, good footwork, quick release. Unfortunately he proved difficult to coach because he listened to his dad first and the team coaches second, and having no offensive line put the fear of god into him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chester Pitts is the Texans "legend" :laugh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Azhais posted:

Yes. If Manziel puts up 48 and his defense gives up 49, he's a choke artist just like Romo. I'm sure there's a dedicated team of bloggers working on a "Tony Homo"-like nickname for him as we speak.

Hopefully it all ends with Tony on a better team.

Johnny Fuckedupat Football

Sweeney Tom posted:

Any variation of "this season is lost"

I presume Browns fans are exempt from this rule

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pushing back the draft has caused us to reach peak offseason ahead of schedule

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Coldforge posted:

I wish they could, but I think that'd be a CBA violation. He'd have to hire a handler himself, or maybe his teammates could do it (though that might be a salary cap violation). Maybe his family could help, I don't know :(

The Cowboys did it for Pacman Jones

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Why are you spergs talking about the afl for pages in an nfl draft thread

This is N/V

But still, NFL N/V take that poo poo somewhere else :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Athanatos posted:

It's not a story that he smokes, I think it's more of a thing that he did it before the combine...where he knows he will be drug tested.

This is the excuse people make for not drafting weed guys who turn into studs every single year

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris Gaines posted:

better than anything by nickelback tbqh

LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

Nickelback has sold more albums than Metallica :stare:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

God you just can't help yourself can you?

Now you get to miss the draft GDT :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can understand why people don't like baseball even though it's my favorite sport. I can understand why people don't like football even though it's great

I will never ever ever understand why someone wouldn't like basketball

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

Please do not bring a laptop into bw3s.

Or go there at all because their wings are terrible

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Only the last 5 minutes matter.

This isn't true at all, it's like saying that if an NFL game comes down to a two minute drill then only those two minutes matter

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Football would be better if it were more like Mutant League Football

Are you waiting for me to rescind that? It would own

e: re basketball, saying the last five minutes are all that matters is essentially saying you only care about the outcome of the game and not the sick plays that happen every couple minutes or more, so might as well just look it up after it's over in that case

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm partial to Baseball Simulator 1.000 myself

Quest For Glory II posted:

It probably would've spared you agony over the past week at least

:( At least the games were fun to watch even if game 6 left me as deflated as I can ever remember being

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The main thing I remember is JVG clinging to Mourning's leg

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

From what I can see it was Seymour for a first, which ended up being Nate Solder

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mark Sanchez vs Tim Tebow?

Cody Carlson vs Bucky Richardson?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As that team slowly dies off, Stan Humphries lives on

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

turbomoose posted:

You could also count the Rodgers/Favre saga, though Favre wasn't technically on the team

New hotness replaces old leathery shittiness

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

oh my goddddddddd

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Conditional 2015 4th.

Conditional in that it can become a third

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You'd think that with Revis back in the division the Bills would want to hold onto Stevie

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A Pale Horse posted:

Honestly Mike Williams is probably better than Stevie Johnson and pair him with Sammy Watkins and you have a nice mix of jump ball possession receiver and speed guy. Plus they have Robert Woods too.

Yeah but Revis is back in the division and Stevie seems to be the only guy in the NFL who can clown Revis

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 1m
It's not a year-long suspension for #Browns Gordon: he would be kicked out of the league. Could re-apply after one year.

:stare:

So he's the new Johnny Jolly

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Goodel I know you want to look tough like Silver, but picking on the Browns is not the way to go.

Picking on the Browns, picking on the Clippers, a few years ago this would have been basically the same thing

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Is that Pats scouting report on JFF true? He doesn't even watch film?

I would be very surprised if that were true

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Coldforge posted:

The problem was Pouncey all along. Incognito was just his puppet.

Free Hernandez

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

I still think the Steelers got the better Pouncey. If not a better player, he is at least way smarter.

They both think Aaron Hernandez shouldn't be in jail

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Malcolm Jenkins sent Mother's Day wishes to his five baby mamas and posted five different pictures of his wife. Tons of people didn't realize they were all the same woman apparently

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So you can have Lynn Swann in it of course

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

Eli, Rivers, and Ben all aren't very good compared to the QBs that are in the HoF. They are, however, good for right now, and that's enough to get them in. Ben and Eli are undoubtedly Hall of Famers, Rivers will never sniff it unless he gets a Super Bowl ring, and Romo is a joke if you honestly think he'll get in with his resume.

Super Bowl wins rule the HoF. You need to be exceptionally amazing to get in without them, meaning 7-10 pro bowl selections, 3-7 all pros, winning MVP, DMVP, OMVP, or setting statistical records over and over.

Andre Johnson is going to miss on the HoF isn't he? :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

darkforce898 posted:

I don't understand contracts.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/calvin-johnson/

That says he $21 million in dead money next year and a $20.5 million cap hit. Where are they getting the 500k number?

Also, it isn't going to happen. They will get rid of Suh first.

His cap hit is his salary plus his bonuses. His dead money is the sum total of all his remaining bonuses (guaranteed money) accelerated to that year

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bewbies posted:

Will someone post *stats* to tell me who is better between Patrick Peterson and Sherman?

Sure

Sherman: 1 ring
Peterson: 0 rings

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Waroduce posted:

Along these lines
Trent Dilfer: 1 Ring
Dan Marino: 0 Rings

Eli Manning: 2 Rings
Peyton Manning: 1 Ring

:smuggo:

You're god drat right

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bewbies posted:

God dammit I was serious.

Do you want to know who was a better pick or who is a better player? Because Sherman was a better pick by a country mile

e: Hm for some reason I thought you had the word "pick" in your post but apparently you didn't now that I go back and reread. Also RINGZ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think at some point as a fan you have to ask yourself: Would you rather the team you're a fan of have Trent Dilfer at QB and win a Superbowl or Dan Marino at QB and win jack poo poo?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What has Tom Brady won since becoming an "elite" quarterback with huge stats? :getin:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Seahawks preferred Terrell Pryor over holding onto that pick and fulfilling Muema's godly edict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sex in a nightclub bathroom has the be utterly disgusting

Then again I say this from the point of view of the men's room, aka the urine pool

• Locked thread