Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentF
May 11, 2009
Yup. Seems pretty jarring that a company that makes a wargame that can be set in a forest can't actually bring itself to say "a forest" but instead insists on using "Citadel Woods Twisted Copse" whenever it needs to refer to the concept of a forest. It's egregious and embarassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
If that's the case then I suppose there's no problem. I don't have the WHFB book myself.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Zombie Plague posted:

Games Workshop needed more money, the only reason needed.

This is the truth. All y'all who've bought the 7E rulebook are fools (or millionaires for whom money means nothing).

AgentF
May 11, 2009
90 free summoned models by Turn 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryMAAP6HWfw

Welcome to 7th Ed.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Australians, what's the cheapest way to get a 7E rulebook? I probably won't buy one but I'm curious anyway.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Stormfrontline Gaming

AgentF
May 11, 2009
What is there in the way of US wargaming stores that will deliver to Australia?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I thought the embargo was only for shipping things out of Europe.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Post 9-11 User posted:

Pick deese bones. If I'm not around my account stays logged in and I told Hannah to communicate to you from the goon afterlife.

So do you have a terminal illness or you're planning on killing yourself or what? Don't kill you are self.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

Until you realize that you need to pay for 60 pizzas.

Dude collects GW miniatures. He's not worried about money.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
My partner told me that Astra Militarum sounds like a Harry Potter spell and you know what she's right goddamnit!

AgentF
May 11, 2009
There is no need to move pricechat anywhere because the prices aren't just consistently worse but are getting worse and worse over time. People are bringing it up because their already low expectations continue to be broken. This is news and it's a central part of the game that should not be sidelined.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

krushgroove posted:

There's a new City Fight table there, too:

Why yes my gaming table did cost one billion dollars why do you ask?

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Drake_263 posted:

Not without using a poo poo-ton of magnets. The issue is that in addition to the launcher rack being built in an entirely different confguration (Manticore has the targeting sensor thing in the middle, plus one short rack on either side, DS has no targeting thingy and a single double-length rack) the Deathstrike missile itself actually uses some of the parts for the Storm Eagle rockets as the secondary boosters. I suppose it COULD be done, but honestly just the sheer amount of fiddly effort involved makes it very much not worth it - besides magnetizing the rack into a modular configuration you'd need to basically make the storm eagle rockets split into neat halves to build the deathstrike missile.

I've done it and it's very simple if you buy duplicates of the bits that are used in both kits. Specifically you'll need the two missile rack pieces and four missile outer-halves (the halves that don't have slots in them). Mind you it might be hard to find just these particular bits considering their importance, but I was able to do so so keep your eyes peeled and check bitz stores.

With these you can build both types of missile racks, a complete deathstrike missile and four complete storm eagle rockets, and use a handful of magnets to swap between what you need.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
People say that a unit's price cost and usefulness aren't necessarily correlated because there are expensive models that are rubbish. What are some examples of super useful models (the must-takes of a codex) that are really quite cheap (for GW)?

AgentF
May 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

The Chaos terminator lord kit is probably up there. For $25 you get enough bits to make 2 HQs that will probably cost 100-200 points each.

But are people taking the Terminator Lord in lists, or are the best lists taking Daemon Princes / Sorcerers instead. I'm interested in the must-take units like Wave Serpents.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

ghetto wormhole posted:

Anybody wanna buy 3 Forgeworld Hydras so I can use the money to buy 3 plastic Hydra/Wyvern kits? :v:

This is a mistake. The FW Hydras look way better than the new kit.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Nichol posted:

Hay I ran out of toys to paint so my friend leant me this guy to play with. Anybody know what he is? For all I know he's not a 40k model at all. My guess would be "Khorne sorcerer" but really I don't know if he's from fantasy either. He could certainly be a Quest or Talisman guy.

Edit: quickie google says he's a gd 2010 giveaway.

Games Day 2010 limited edition Chaos Sorcerer

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Von Humboldt posted:

but Tzeentch has another strong choice in Heavy Support with the Burning Chariot.

Strong until your opponent finds a way to destroy an AV10 HP3 Open-topped Vehicle.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

panascope posted:

Objectives being placed before choosing table sides is the A+ #1 change of this edition. It basically kills gunlines in all but one mission.

Objectives being placed before choosing table sides is something that should have existed 3 editions ago. In 6th you technically had to choose table sides even before any terrain is put down, which is stupidity.

I wish GW had a design blog like Mantic do that explains the thought process behind their rules design. That would make for a very interesting read.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

You can shave them off easily, though. Alternatively, hotglue colored pencils to the front of your $40 tank.

"Learn one weird tip this guy uses to cheaply wargame! GW corporate hates him!"

The tank shouldn't be loving $40 anyway. I'm at the stage that if someone wanted to use a coloured pencil to represent an entire tank I'd let him.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

ghetto wormhole posted:

Was working on a model, picked something up off my desk but my xacto knife came with it and flew blade first into the knuckle on my right index finger. Blood everywhere :emo:

You probably shouldn't have followed this guide for model building then.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

oh boy, price chat.

Always a good idea to keep things in perspective.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

In action, their first ever battle

We must have another some time soon. I've barely touched the new IG Codex and my boys are looking for a scrap (from a distance (with heavy ordnance)).

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Nah I don't have it either and tbh I have no intention of buying it. We can stick with 6th or the Garrison wargaming club (Modbury Heights) has a club copy that we can use for a learning game.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

PeterWeller posted:

You should at least use the 7E setup method where you place objectives before determining deployment zones. It's much better than 6E's "tailor the battlefield" setup method.

A fair point + good idea.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

You're rapidly approaching half your posts in this thread being about me, man.

Probably has something to do with how loving terrible you are.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
How about battles where half or more of your units can do absolutely nothing to harm the enemy?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
That Chaos Squat looks like a garbage can. It doesn't look even remotely threatening in battle.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
How? Didn't think you could use frags against a vehicle.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I really like the idea of maelstrom missions, but the execution leaves me pretty :flaccid:

This is a good way to summarise most things GW I think.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Eldar already have a big model. It's so big it looks like it doesn't even belong in the game.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I'm working on painting up batches of terrain and at one point I'm doing a wash of Agrax Earthshade. Unfortunately the wash seems to cause weird light patches to appear around where the wash settles, strangely making those areas lighter instead of darker. What's going on here? I've been shaking the pot before washing but this doesn't solve the problem.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Holy poo poo the Toxicrene is huge/wide.

I thought it was smaller than a Haruspex :stare:

e. Top of the page Tyranid supremacy om nom nom.

I remember when that Mawloc came out and I thought "That is far too huge for the scale of this game". Even the Soul Grinder is pushing it for me. When you have a narrative about the heroic actions of individual Space Marines and infantry-sized heroes, having combatants on the battlefield that are orders of magnitude larger really seems jarring.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Because it's a thread about a dying game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Moola posted:

If during the list building phase, your opponent divides by three and hops on one leg...

Remember the AoS rule that asked players to look into each others' eyes are beguile each other?

• Locked thread