Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Raged posted:

E: Any good apps out there for the game? Would not mind a card list or some ini could just scroll through since I don't know them all.

I use Aurora on iOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

Or some kind of "Scum and Rogues" with both and fixes for the HWK and Scyke as well.

It would be awful nice to be able to fly Triple Interceptors without needing to buy two star vipers and what not.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Gildiss posted:

Can you tractor beam them into a position in which there is no option but to flee the battle the next turn?

Hell yes.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Devlan Mud posted:

Rotation doesn't really make sense in a system where there's a hunk of painted plastic attached to the cards, and I don't want to buy literally the same hunk of painted plastic every two years so I can play with it at a tournament in your rotation model - if I can play it at all.

Saying I need to buy Most Wanted and the Rebel Transport to get the most out of a Y-Wing currently completely ignores that maybe, just maybe, people are buying those anyways for the merit of their contents by themselves, and boosts to existing ships are a bonus, rather than the new contents of those boxes (and their hunks of painted plastic) being an additional expense on my 15 dollar Y-Wing expansion. I'd rather spend $40 on a few new ships to get upgrades to existing ones, than pay 15 dollars for a ship I already have to be able to play it in a game!

And that ignores the issue of what do stores and distributors do with unsold stock of ships? The rotation cycle in the LCGs is probably too long, but in the same time that one set cycles out of say, Netrunner, your X-Wing proposal has two-thirds of SKUs being unsellable garbage!!

Well, I really like Tie Interceptors, for some reason, but needing to buy two star vipers, which I have no desire to play, and some Slave-1s, Scyks or U-wings, which, again, I have no desire to play, and I think maybe some other ships, just to be able to not give up the moment my opponent pulls out a ship with a turret, sucks.

Let alone the fact that there's no real point in bringing Fel/Carnor/Turr to a tournament anyway.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

canyoneer posted:

Interceptors have a more than sufficient amount of green on the dial.
The traditional Soontir Fel build has in place of TIE Mk II either Targeting Computer or Stealth Device. Stealth keeps you ticking longer, and Targeting Computer does great things for your damage output.
If the objective is "I want to put 4 interceptors on the table because they're rad and that's what this game is about", looks good to me. If the idea is "I want to sweep a tournament with this list" you should drop all the Sabers :v:
Given the choice between 2 generic interceptors or 3 generic TIEs for the same points, I'm taking the TIEs every time.

Carnor Jax is another real fun Interceptor pilot to fly, and is pretty viable in the meta right now due to his focus denying shenanigans.
Tetran Cowell is the beta version of Countess Ryad. Turr Phenir's banky barrel roll is a fun one too.

Tie Interceptors (100)

Soontir Fel (35) - TIE Interceptor
Push The Limit (3), Royal Guard TIE (0), Autothrusters (2), Stealth Device (3)

Carnor Jax (34) - TIE Interceptor
Push The Limit (3), Royal Guard TIE (0), Autothrusters (2), Stealth Device (3)

Turr Phennir (31) - TIE Interceptor
Veteran Instincts (1), Royal Guard TIE (0), Autothrusters (2), Stealth Device (3)

Make one mistake, and you get rolled up.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Here's a miniswarm I built out of what I have. Which is to say, both core sets, Imp Aces, and one TInt, TF and TF/fo.

The plan is to fly in a formation, a row of three and a row of two, the lower ps in front, and just scream into range one and shoot like mad. I thought of Carnor instead of Soontir, but being in the back, I don't feel like he'll get into range of the baddies enough.

Thought?

Swarm With Cheese (100)

Soontir Fel (30) - TIE Interceptor
Push The Limit (3)

"Howlrunner" (18) - TIE Fighter

"Omega Ace" (20) - TIE/FO Fighter

Mauler Mithel (17) - TIE Fighter

Winged Gundark (15) - TIE Fighter

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

You're on the right track of ace + miniswarm. As it is right now, I'd swap Soontir for Omega Leader and give Push the Limit to Omega Ace. PtL and OA's pilot ability make for some brutal synergy, and everything you need for OL to be most effective came in the box with him (Juke and Comm Relay). Mauler and Winged Gundark become your bait, while OL (backed up by Howlrunner) and OA are the closers. Something like this, which is fairly close to what you already had:

Perfect, I'll try this.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

My friend would troll and win with those lists. They're fine for local 3-4 round tournaments but good luck trying to keep your flying straight in a 7+ round regional+.

Well, my problem is that my preferred list is Soontir/Carnor/Turr. But I haven't bothered actually buying the physical cards for enough Autothrusters, Stealth Devices, and an extra Royal Guard TiE, so it's fine for playing casual, but there's a little local store tourney coming up.

So, I figure, this still lets me practice flying formation, but should be a bit more decisive than the triple int ace list, which is about fancy footwork and slowly chipping away at the enemy.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yep. No actions, even free actions, while stressed.

Wait, you're saying that if you:
1) move OA
2) take a focus
3) push the limit, take a stress
4) target lock an opponent

in combat, OA's 'change all attack dice to crits' doesn't happen due to that stress?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

No, what he is saying is that Squad Leader couldn't be used to give Omega Ace a free action while Omega Ace is stressed.

ConfusedUs posted:

Stress only prevents you from taking actions. It doesn't stop you from using tokens you already have or were given from some other source.

Example: you are stressed.

Manaroo can pass you tokens even if you're stressed. You can use these tokens even if you're stressed. But you could not take a focus action to give yourself a focus token (or any other action, including free actions) if you were stressed.

Edit: stress also doesn't stop you from using abilities that are not actions, such as Omega Ace's ability, Miranda's regen, or whatever.

Perfect, thanks. You had me worried.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Maybe make it "when revealing a green, instead of clearing stress, you may choose to regen one shield." Or "when revealing a green, if you have no stress, regen one shield."

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

Hey! Thanks! Was that you who snagged up Project Narc, TIE/D Defender, Metal Gear T and a couple of Sierra shirts in one order? If so, I hope you dig your new threads!

That was me. There was a sale on with a countdown, and I was played like a fiddle. Also, :canada: represent.

If you ever make some better Quest for Glory designs, or some old school Wing Commander or MechWarrior shirts, please, don't tell me.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
That magic moment when you suddenly realize that you've been using stealth devices all wrong, and that flying over asteroids, debris fields, or mines, don't make them go away.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've never seen the show, is​ it not?

Nope. "Sa-been."

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

Kilrathi Fighter?

Dralthi swarm.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
I still fly Soontir/Turr/Carnor, that might count as dumb, and I think it's fun.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
I have some questions about TLTs, possibly awfully pedantic.

1: Does TLT remove stealth device? It's an attack, but the attack doesn't actually do damage, it just deals a damage, you know?

2: If you're in front of something with TLT, say Miranda, so in their primary firing arc, but they attack with TLT, does autothrusters kick in?

3: If Miranda (I think it's Miranda) makes a TLT attack, and chooses to remove one attack die to regain a shield, but TLT has two dice rolls per 'attack,' does Miranda roll one less die on both TLT rolls, or just the first one?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

hoiyes posted:

To be more accurate, you lose stealth device when you're Hit by an attack. i.e. Your opponent had more hits and crits than you had evades at the compare results step.

The TLT deals one damage when it Hits. This Hit also cancels stealth device.

Taking damage has nothing to do with losing stealth device. You can lose your stealth device if you're hit by a tractor beam attack for example. And you don't lose it from some types of damage dealt during an attack such as Ruthlessness, Darth Vader, feedback array, painbot, etc.

Yeah, you're right. TLT is labelled an attack, it throws red dice, you throw green dice. More red than green = SD lost. What happens after that is immaterial.
...or is the attack resolved, then TLT says 'cancel all die results,' which means there weren't more red than green, meaning SD isn't lost?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

hoiyes posted:

"Each time the attack hits deal one damage. Then cancel all dice."

If cancelling the dice retroactively cancelled the hit then the TLT would do nothing.

I guess that's what I'm getting at. Is it a 'hit,' or is it a non-hit damage effect that happens to use dice to determine if you happen to take a damage?

Or, put another way, why include the 'cancel all dice' verbage?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Yeah, that's about what I figured.

Ok, good to know. Going to a local tournament on Sunday flying Soontir/Carnor/Turr. Pray for TheCenturion, for he knows not what he does.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

When I am performing the same maneuver as last turn I give my dial a good spin in each direction and study it intently.

I do too.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

hoiyes posted:

Does anyone actually believe their opponents are watching them so closely that planning phase mind games are worth it?

In general? No. But picking up the dial and slapping it down unchanged doesn't require KGB levels of surveillance to notice.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
And now for the sad, strange tale of TheCenturion's first X-Wing tournament (at a FLGS, so casual.)

My list: Triple Int Aces. Soontir with PTL, AT, SD, Royal Guard tie. Carnor with same. Turr with VI, AT, SD, Royal Guard TIE. So, PS 9/9/8. Soontir gets a focus when he takes a stress, Carnor prevents any use of focus or evade tokens if at range 1, Turr gets a free boost or barrel roll after attacking. Pure balls-to-the-wall arc dodging and devil-may-care, seat-of-the-pants flying.

Game 1: 8 tie swarm. Mostly PS1, two PS3 as I recall. Academy Pilots and Obsidian Squad pilots. Pretty early in, he zigged when I expected him to zag, and he caught Soontir with a four-tie element. First game, jitters, I forgot to take Soontir's SD into account, and he melted. Sad. He wasn't so good at formation flying (or he knew what he was doing exactly) and the pileups of his four-element wings kept bumping into each other on turns, resulting in overall firing arcs of, like, 200 degrees or more. Meaning that *somebody* was going to get a shot off. Still, some fancy flying, and when the last turn was done, Turr held the field against two remaining TIEs. A victory by seven points, as I recall.

Game 2: A different 8 tie swarm, all Academy Pilots. This guy had formation flying down much better. I blundered early in the game, badly misreading what he would wind up doing, and wound up putting all three interceptors, backwards, directly between his two squads. SDs, obstructions, and hot dice saved them all. Some initial vengeance was had, then his swarms broke up, and suddenly the Aces were in their element, like barracudas whipping around in a tank full of guppies. Final was two of my Ints and two of his Ties left on the field. Massive point victory for me.

Game 3: Two phantoms, whisper and echo as I recall, plus a named tie fighter, I think from the Imperial Carrier set. I'd recognize the name if I saw it again. "Snuggles" or something. Anywho, I'd never flown against Phantoms. They were all decked out around cloaking and uncloaking, with tokens on cloak, one guy had cloak on attack I think. They took out Turr, I took out the tie and Echo, as I recall. I chased his cloaked ship around, but the extra greens helped him. Final round was Soontir and Turr at range 2, both with focus, against Whisper. I decided to go for total victory. Two attacks with focus. But the dice didn't pan out for me. He took a shot at Carnor. Four green dice....four eyeballs. He won by seven points himself.

Game 4: Miranda with cluster mines, TDs, Sabine crew, extra munitions, maybe advance slam. Dash with Outrider, mangler cannon, and bits. This guy, I play a lot. So he knows my tricks, and I know his. I knew I had to burn down Miranda as fast as possible, then the outrider would be my prey. I charged in, fairly aggressively, with my Ints in a loose group. He slammed around aggressively in return, and dropped some cluster mines directly in front of Carnor. Carnor rolls over them, and boom. Wiped off the map in turn 2. Soontir and Turr almost took Miranda off the board, with 1 hull remaining (if only that Shaken Pilot crit had been one of the double-damage ones....) but really, it was over after that first exchange. TLT does bad things to me. Autothrusters is poorly written, to my mind, and should saying something like 'When attacked in a primary firing arc beyond range 2, or attacked by a secondary weapon, or turret weapon, you may change one blank result to an evade result."

And that's how it went. 5th of 7 overall, with two victories, and two losses. I should have gone on defense in that last round of game 3, and won on points. I should have spread out more in the 4th, and tried to converge on Miranda from multiple directions, but I wanted to get as many of them into R1 as possible, deny token use with Carnor, and roll a bunch of 4-red attacks with focus and wipe her out.

Good times were had by all. Oh, and watching a pair of 8-tie swarms go at it is interesting, but time consuming.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

IronSaber posted:

Very cool! Thinking about trying out that triple Interceptor Ace list. Is this what you flew?

TheCenturion's Int Aces

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Turr Phennir (25)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

That's the one, but I don't claim to have invented it. I developed a very similar version, came across this refinement while searching for Int tactics, and rolled with it. It's one of the standard (if not the standard) triple int ace loadout. Sometimes you put a targeting computer on Soontir to give him some more punch, or there's a few other tricks.

This is a pure arc dodging list. It lives and dies on your ability to a) accurately guess what the other guy is going to do, and b) not be there. Learn how and when to boost then barrel, or barrel then boost, to get out of things. Learn to hide behind asteroids. Soontir should be PTLing every goddamn round if at all possible. If he needs to dodge out of an arc, he still gets his focus. Otherwise, focus, PTL and get a second focus, then evade. Between two focus, an evade, SD, and AT, he's drat hard to hit. Carnor Jax will generally die first, as he needs to be merrily barreling in to range one to do his thing. I played one game against the Miranda/Dash guy a few weeks ago, he had a Ghost/Biggs. The Ghost was Kanan, Rey crew, and other things all built around acquiring and doing bad things with focus tokens. I somehow managed to keep Carnor on his flank like a drat limpet mine, and every round went "Ok, so I spend a focus to*AHEM Carnor* gently caress!" On the other hand, if Carnor, in one turn, had zagged instead of zigged, he'd have wound up out of range, possibly in the Ghost's rear arc (meaning no AT) and naked to fire.

With this list, every mistake probably means you lose a third of your force. Keep in mind, you ONLY lose the SD if you're HIT by an ATTACK. Obstacle, mines, whatever. Know your movement rules in and out. If you announce an attempt to, say, barrel roll left, and can't due to an obstruction, you don't have to barrel roll; you can pick another action. If you're bumped with Turr, you skip your perform action step, but he still gets to perform his free action after attacking.

Carnor's going to barrel in and try for range one. Soontir is going to be the primary hitter, what with having focus all the time if you're playing right. Turr is utility infield. People get really mad when you're JUST in arc, attack, then merrily roll away.

But, my god, bombs are deadly to these guys. Three hull, no shields. I watched a falcon roll over all three cluster mine tokens, and meh, whatever. Wasn't even half his total shield+hull points. Roll over three cluster mines with an interceptor, figure each one is probably going to roll one hit or crit out of two dice, and that's that for him.

On the other hand, the look on their face when you say "Ok, I roll three green agility, plus one range, plus one SD, plus one for obstructed, and I get to turn a blank into an evade....."

If the dice are nice, then yes, you can sometimes fly through a tie swarm, laughing at their 2 die attacks. If the dice aren't nice, you'll get blotted off of the map the first time you are shot at. In a game where a 'competitive list' basically boils down to 'remove dice from the equation as much as humanly possible,' you have *zero* ability to modify dice, outside of AT, which doesn't kick in nearly as often as it should. Meanwhile, you're going up against a rey/finn/expertise falcon (I roll, add a blank die, reroll all blanks, turn all eyeballs into hits....)

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 11, 2017

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

banned from Starbucks posted:

PTL or Turr gets him out of a lot more arcs since you can ptl off his ability.

I like the tradeoff of higher PS, myself. Besides, ships cannot perform the same action twice in one round. So putting PTL on Turr means you can focus/evade, attack, boost/barrel roll, PTL, then barrel roll/boost. If you boost as your 'perform action,' then when you attack, you're stuck barrel rolling, and if you PTL at that point, your options are to focus or evade.

In other words, like Soontir and Carnor, he's still limited to one boost and one barrel roll per turn; the reason to put PTL on Soontir and Carnor is so that they can boost and barrel roll in the same turn to get out of arc. Turr can boost and barrel roll as is, but doesn't get a third boost/barrel option due to his free action.

That said, putting PTL on him turns him into a sort of generic Soontir, in that like Soontir, he can boost, barrel roll, and wind up with a focus and a stress for his troubles, if you go 'move, focus, shoot, barrel, PTL, boost, take stress.' But you're PS7.

On the other hand, being PS9 means hopefully instead of going 'boost, ptl, barrel, yay I'm out of arc' you go 'boost, shoot, barrel, yay I'm out of arc.' At PS7 with PTL, if you go 'boost, ptl, barrel, shoot, and now I can't take my free boost/barrel action, and I'm stressed,' what have you gained? Alternatively, if you go 'focus/evade, PTL, boost/barrel,' well, now you're stressed, and don't get your free boost/barrel after attacking. Assuming there's no higher PS guy to shoot Turr first.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 11, 2017

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

The idea with PTL Turr is that you don't PTL during the action step. You PTL after you get your free boost/roll.

Then you clear it with a green next round.

I know. I pointed that out. And I pointed out the trade-off that you're PS7, and risk getting blown off the board before you can complete your arc dodging if somebody shoots you before you shoot them and get your free boost/roll (and possibly your PTL roll/boost).

But I also felt that this:

PTL or Turr gets him out of a lot more arcs since you can ptl off his ability.

meant he thought you could boost, attack, then boost again, PTL, and barrel; otherwise, how is having PTL getting you out of a lot more arcs?' It doesn't; without PTL, Turr can boost and barrel, and with PTL, Turr can boost and barrel. PTL on Turr does not give you any additional movement options at all. All PTL does is also get you a focus or evade, which doesn't get you out of any more arcs (but may let you survive being in an arc.)

Switching VI for PTL is valid, has both advantages and disadvantages. I prefer to go with VI, but that's just me.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 11, 2017

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

A single boost or BR isnt likely to get you out of many arcs on their own. Theres going to be times when youre stuck at range 2 or 3 and PTL lets you do stuff like shoot-BR back into R3 then evade or just straight up token tank with focus+evade when youre sure you cant dodge anything. The ability to be flexible is a lot more useful than an extra 2 PS.

Sure, but at PS9, you're a) probably moving last, meaning you know where the arcs are; at PS7, that's not as much a given, and b) chances are Soontir and Turr are also shooting first, meaning you also have the opportunity to eliminate a pesky guy-with-an-arc-on-you.

Again, to each his own, and again, there are also other variations; targeting computer on Soontir for some extra offence, and so on.

I kinda want to try something like this:
Alpha Squadron Pilot (18)
Autothrusters (2)

Autothrusters (2)

Autothrusters (2)

Autothrusters (2)

Autothrusters (2)

or this:
Royal Guard Pilot (22)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)

Royal Guard Pilot (22)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)

Royal Guard Pilot (22)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)

Royal Guard Pilot (22)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)

but I dunno if they'd work all that well in real life.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

You do both!

It's typically Autothrusters plus one of Stealth Device/Targeting Computer/(rarely) Hull Upgrade

Yeah, but then the question is 'why put Hull Upgrade on instead of SD, if you have it; if SD's extra die rolls an evade once, it's done as well as hull upgrade; if it rolls an evade twice, it's already 'beaten' hull upgrade, and so on.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

With the prevalence of highly-accurate 4/5 die attacks, the palp nerf, and K-Wing bombers, you often won't even get one round of benefit from that Stealth Device.

Top 4 player at Mustafar had a hull upgrade Soontir for those reasons.

Interesting point. I've been trying to wrap my head around the idea that an attack has a 4/8 chance to hit outright, but a defense has a 3/8 chance to evade outright.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Rebel Captive is fun on Tomax. Disincentivizes attacking him and lets him sucker punch some.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
The troop carrier at the end of AOTS with the arena drop, with the gunner turrets. Side firing arcs and a dial with stop, backwards, and rotate in place. :colbert:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
I'm looking for a good Rebel 'starter' list for teaching X-Wing after the basic 'x-wing v 2 ties, 2 x-wings v 4 ties' for Rebel, that can be built from the two core sets and the Falcon. 100 points, manageable for a newbie, but still 'realistic,' for lack of a better term.

I guess I'm also looking for suggestions for an Imperial version, but that's probably just going to be a bunch of ties with named pilots.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Try Han + 2 xwings.

I don't recall the exact upgrades but you should be able to do something similar to

Han, Millenium Falcon Title, Luke Skywalker, Engine Upgrade
2x Rookie Pilots

This is what I could come up with for those guidelines:
Han Solo (46)
Luke Skywalker (7)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Rookie Pilot (21)

Blue Squadron Novice (24)

Total: 99

I could fit Engine Upgrade in if I had two T-65s, looks like, but not with a T-65 and T-70.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

You're going to need some sort of imperial ace because the four ties in the starter sets can't really take down Han Solo unless he repeatedly runs in front of them and gets multiple salvoes.

Which is fine for teaching purposes. "Look how much fun you're having with your Falcon swatting down TiEs left, right, and center! It's just like the movies!" Though I can throw in something from the tie/fo expansion, or some interceptors as needed.

Mainly I'm looking for rebel advice, as I never play rebel.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

IronSaber posted:

Ah, M9-G8. I didn't know he could work with Snap Snot.

Also, can someone tell me what the point is of Pattern Analyzer?

As I recall, it lets you perform a red maneuver, perform an action, then take the stress from the red maneuver.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

IronSaber posted:

Got another question for you guys: Looking at Arvel Crynyd, his ability is: "You may declare an enemy ship inside your firing arc that you are touching as the target of your attack." Does this allow him to attack enemies he is touching in his firing arc? Or is it just for declaration purposes only? 'cause it sounds really useful if I pair it with Intimidation, especially if the enemy ship can't fire back if I'm in its own firing arc.

I'm not sure how this is ambiguous. If you're bumped with an enemy ship, you can't shoot him, he can't shoot you. This pilot can shoot a ship he's bumped with, assuming said ship is within your firing arc. Said ship can't shoot back, as he's still bumped with you.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

canyoneer posted:

Arvel's a one way street. Contrast that to Zeb crew, which reads that during the combat phase, you and the other ship are not considered touching (so you can both shoot at each other).

Meaning Arvel would still take damage from a feedback array, for example. Zeb wouldn't.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

Feedback array is range one and works if you're bumping or not.

Hmmm, I'm thinking of something else then. But I'm pretty sure there're cards that do bad things to people that run into you.

IronSaber posted:

I dunno, I just saw "declare inside your firing arc" as another one of this game's many nuanced abilities I'm trying to figure out.

You can't declare an attack on somebody you're bumping, normally. This guy can. It specifies 'if the other ship is inside your firing arc' because if they left it unsaid, people would claim that if another ship bumped into his rear end, he could shoot at them. "But it just says if they're touching, he can attack them!"

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Sure, but on the other hand, Miranda really is overpowered. Hell, just let agility dice apply to cluster mines and stuff.

The problem is they just short circuit everything. Agility, pilot score, and it even violates the core concept that a high ps is going to outmaneuver a low ps, and attack first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
They absolutely short circuit maneuvering when they can break the move first shoot last paradigm, and has been pointed out, cover a ridiculous amount of territory.

• Locked thread