Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

That's a neat card that could show up in a future set with a tribal bend

i'm pretty sure the name means it can only show up in return to lorwyn/shadowmoor, not that i'd complain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Couldnt Flamekin live on a different plane? Art wise, its for sure Lorwyn-based. But with new art it could be some other plane that has fire people chilling.

I don't know, it just seems like a really setting specific kind of name. Guess it depends on whether wizards thinks flamekin is the name of the fire people race or just the Lorwyn tribe.

Kinda like how cat people are leonin, but they might have a different tribe name on each plane (I don't know if this is true, I am bad at lore stuff)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Her hair being on fire normally is pretty loving anime bro

the goggles are pretty anime as well.

trust me i'm an 'nime expert.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

toadee posted:

They could reprint Force of Will :getin:

You can have force of will, but only if I can get Fireblast

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zemyla posted:

I thought Maro was fine with white being tertiary in counterspells

What's secondary in counterspells?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sleep of Bronze posted:

The bigger art for the imprisoning of the Eldrazi's up. Don't think it plays to Kieryluk's strengths, really. He can be really good in a pretty narrow spectrum (often coinciding with when he's told to draw Elesh Norn) but outside it he's not great. Ugin looks pretty alright here though, to be fair.

(Fully expand the timg, not just halfway.)

I like how Ugin looks a lot, because he's got this kinda different art style from Sorin and Nahiri that emphasizes his otherness, but the eldrazi are really really bad, in my opinion.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Laopooh posted:

Geordie Tate is a bit of a spaz but he wrote Garvas Elscott MODO Cop (see part 6) which is the funniest mtg article I've ever read so he gets a pass from me.

Yeah he sure deserved to have his possessions stolen. What a goober am I right.

edit:

This guy's writing seems pretty funny and good and it's so weird that he seems to be having some weird meltdown right now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Is everyone who works for scg secretly insane or something, what the hell

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Madmarker posted:

Eh, I don't assume everyone is a guy, but everyone's post sounds like a guy in my head. Even if a poster identifies their gender, I still "hear" their post as having a male voice. Now the voices are different depending on whose is talking, and about what. However, everyone's posts, on this forum, sound male.

everyone sounds like anime girls to me, op.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Boco_T posted:

It's I Love You! vs. HAUMPH in the finals of The First Ever Legacy Cube

I have both twitch open, I wish I love you could have heard Cheon's groan when he played that arc trail

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I Love You! posted:

I would tell you to tell him IM SORRY but you can't, no one can. We have been forever silenced

OH trust me, he's going to want you to apologize more for that spikeshot elder.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I Love You! posted:

What did he have in hand i managed to resist the temptation of opening up his stream after the game was over because Bad Manner

He had an oust and a bunch of Islands

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh hey, you're audio was fine for the match, if you were worried.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Patrick Chapin resolved 5 treasure cruises, there is no god

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Rashad is officially the worst commentator in the history of live commentary. It's always been true and is still true.

As long as Shledon Menery exists, this isn't true.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toshimo posted:

They used real goddamn cards, why are you guys being dense about this?

I hate to agree with the white mage bee guy, but "they were normal Magic Cards" is pretty goddamn clear you guys.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MiddleEastBeast posted:

What I don't get is it isn't like programming a proper random shuffling algorithm requires any skill. You can just Google extremely well known, accepted methods for getting this done.

I should probably preface with "assuming this random reddit guy isn't just trolling us".

The hilarious thing is that it's plausible he's not

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

That is also against the NFL by-laws. I don't quite understand what argument you think I'm dodging.

Unfortunately, this is collusion. I imagine it is also legitimately illegal for a number of reasons.

Not only do I play in Seattle, I play at your LGS; better make sure to reveal those morphs. "JUDGE!"

i like how you got mad at someone calling you autistic and still are posting in an autistic way, by which I mean like fishmech

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kizudarake posted:

Yeah, but we now have a mod who can make them for free.

I don't think Ettin reads this thread much. Or did you think I was a TG mod?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Nah, I can't do anything to ya unless you post in GBS and tbh I don't really like doing red text av changes to people, way to passive aggressive for me.

And while I might be occasionally rude or something I don't hate anyone in this thread, we are all a bunch of nerds who play wizard poker, I don't have any kind of high ground or anything.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zoness posted:

It's cuz the other choice is reforging your fate, duh.

Well, I guess it is the easiest way for the game to show that kind of thing...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Isn't it kind of wrong for someone (Reid Duke, and I assume a bunch of other people) w/ competitive aspirations to be privy to some cards in an unreleased set months before everyone else? (Regarding yesterday's spoiler leak)

I highly doubt it was months in advance

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Meant to say weeks. But assuming he just wrote it, I guess it'd only be half a month.

I mean, in a way it is a legit concern but to be honest knowing one card out of 150 or however many even months before the release date isn't gonna lead to a real advantage.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Between the entire CFB collective I think they'd have something approaching substantial (lsv himself was responsible for previewing 4 or more Khans cards). I don't know if it's unreasonable to think they'd share

that's true and isn't something I thought about, but i still think it's reletavely okay as long as they don't know the entire set. they aren't going to create the perfect deck just having some random cards to playtest early with, the big post by baron is way spot-on about how CF and scg have a relevant advantage.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Krigen posted:

I have a quick question if anyone can answer. When Yavimaya Coast says: 'Tap: Add Green or Blue to your mana pool. Yavimaya Coast deals 1 damage to you.' Where do you assign that damage? Does it have to be to your life total or can you assign it to a creature/token?

Sorry bud, it's to you, the player.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Well the Elephant has the Abzan watermark, so it's either theirs or not specific to a Clan. Bolster as a name seems to fit Abzan too, the most like a formal military.

I thinks it's safe to assume it's Abzan, it fits the flavor of the clan pretty well.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I Love You! posted:

gently caress it, let's blow this whole thing wide open. Dredge 4 lyfe.

May every set redefine all formats.

A card with the name LOL, no mana cost, text that says this card cannot be played, and Dredge 20

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LordSaturn posted:

gently caress Transmute, give us Transfigure.

Every Sultai Keyword is just gonna be from Future Sight, can't wait for gravestorm in Dragons.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chamale posted:

We've talked about this before, that card could read "At the beginning of the end step, if this card is in your graveyard, you lose the game" and still see play as a 4-of in Dredge.

You missed the point

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

You lose the match at ten minutes of inactivity, I think. Repeatedly waiting nine and a half minutes to piss your opponent off is a punishable offense though, I believe.

It's punished by the fact that you'll lose on time by doing that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Anyone else watching Joe Lossett's stream? He used his reanimator brew to beat another reanimator player in the daily, and his opponent got mad called him a netdecker because he saw the same deck on SCG decktech. I guess he didn't know Joe's modo handle but it was still pretty funny.

To be fair I wouldn't know Joe's handle either if it wasn't for this thread, but still, lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

Just came across this gem:

I think I may have read this already lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Did the Puzzle actually let him topdeck the Best Possible Answer?

Did it really? :aaaaa:

It's canon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Serperoth posted:

I don't know a lot about YuGiOh, but I know it gets ridiculous really easily. The fact that the game has no resource system means that a spell that says just "draw two cards" is/was banned for quite a long time, for example.
But yes, Irony Be My Shield, please tell more. :allears:

Pretty sure Pot of Greed is still banned, when your deck is only 40 cards, two cards for no cost is horribly absurd. Especially since Yugioh has about a bajillion different tutor type cards.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

homerlaw posted:

Yugioh needs some serious templating efforts, good god.

You have seen nothing, Yugioh breaks out like 10 point font on some cards

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yugioh is basically Magic if R&D consisted of a bunch of 13 year old children.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Lmao there is Ultra Secret Rare and then Secret Ultra Rare, christ

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Whoa, that minus x is pretty much an ultimate all of it's own

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

I figured as much.

I merely assumed it'd work that was seeing as for the purpose of Trinket Mage fetching artifact lands, they do count as permanents with CMCs.

And then I continued reading the second ability. :doh:

Look, he's already good enough, let's not make him unfathomable. Well, "good enough", 8 mana is a lot, but I think maybe because of how good green is and how long games go nowadays that might not be impossible.

I might just be a dreamer tho...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Besides maybe Elspeth, what other permenants would you have?

All the lands

• Locked thread