Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Kalman posted:

This is actually a true statement - the Oatmeal focuses on the Comcast/Netflix despite as evidence we need net neutrality, ignoring the fact that that dispute isn't about net neutrality and wouldn't be affected by net neutrality regulation (especially given that Comcast is already under stronger obligations than would be imposed under Title II.)

The way Obama worded things he means to regulate to that level as well. Everyone assumed he wouldn't go that far, which is why the telecom companies are screaming bloody murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Kalman posted:

No, he didn't. Sorry. All he said was that interconnect deals should be transparent. No one sane is suggesting that interconnect/peering deals should have to be offered on identical terms, and Title II doesn't actually offer the authority to require that.

The telcos are pissed because they don't want to deal with Title II regulation - they don't have a problem with net neutrality because it doesn't change anything in practice, it just means they have to keep doing the same poo poo they've been doing.

Obama posted:

Increased transparency. The connection between consumers and ISPs — the so-called “last mile” — is not the only place some sites might get special treatment. So, I am also asking the FCC to make full use of the transparency authorities the court recently upheld, and if necessary to apply net neutrality rules to points of interconnection between the ISP and the rest of the Internet.

I'm pretty sure the applying net neutrality rules against ISPs and the rest of the internet means that special deals like Comcast and Netflix will be regulated or at least scrutinized.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Naet posted:

Mitt fascinates me because even though the man still comes across as an emotionless weirdo in parts, he looks and sounds like an actual human being throughout the doc. Ann and his one deranged son look even worse, arguably, but Mitt and the rest of the family seem normal. If he runs again, the campaign team could do much worse than trotting that documentary out over and over again.

I think Romney being normal is his entire problem. He's too normal. He's aggressively normal.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Chamale posted:

No he's not, he's bland. A normal person has some strong interests, a few vices, and some powerful emotions. Romney never seemed to show any of that.

FilthyImp posted:

(He's not normal. He's a loving rich vulture who believes everyone has access to the immense wealth he's been lucky enough to be born into. See also: "You want to start a business? Ask your parents for a loan!" or "I was 'poor' in college too!" And even worse than that, as someone else said, he's bland. mayo on white bread bland)

You guys clearly don't get it. For Mormons being bland, white and rich is as normal as normal gets.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The real secret of the mysterious healing message is that if you read it backwards it becomes killing words.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

That and John Podesta is leaving the White House next month to work for her.

Hold on, Karl Rove is saying that there is still a chance that Hilary won't run for president.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Poor Romney. Not willing to spend any more of his fortune on the one thing he knows he can't buy.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Intel&Sebastian posted:

2. In Christian circles it's used as in "Bearing witness", as in if someone sees you dancing you will be a less effective example of a good Christian for the purposes of turning other people into Christians. It doesn't make a lot of sense but I blame them more than me.

Witnesses get stichnesses.

True story: I only voted for Obama because of the choom gang and other various stories from his high school days.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Bengay-ze? Was that when 4 US ambassadors were drown in medicated cream by terrorists?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

On last nights VICE on HBO, they focused on the issue of climate change deniers and the mounting evidence on why they are dead wrong.

Rick Perry, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio were all given soundbite interview including Perry saying this

Maybe Perry is secretly a plant.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Al Harrington posted:

reminded me of when McCain was campaigning against Obama and after riling everyone up he had to explain that Obama is not an arab terrorist, but a decent man that would make a good president

I believe the full quote is that he is not an Arab, but a "decent family man."

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
"My world's on fire
How 'bout yours?
That's the way I like it
And I'll never get bored."

Ted Cruz 2016

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

TinFoilJoy posted:

I'm baffled by the Italian-American for Rand sign. It just seems so random. Did they just throw the names of white ethnic groups into a hat and draw that one?

I'm honestly surprised there isn't an Irish-American for Rand one.

He's really missing out on the pet merch angle. Dog for Rand.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I'm legit considering knocking out a quick design for Aqua Buddhists for Rand.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Will there be a follow up surprise announcement of the sun's plans to rise again tomorrow morning?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Destroy the Parental Machine
Achieve the Patricidal Dream

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Those Rand selfies reek of a campaign manager crafting the shitiness to match the 'average guy's selfie, from the cowlick down to the gym shirt. I guess it's slightly less transparent than the Paul Ryan work out pics.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

By the way, Rand Paul has said this week that he's "heard about" and is "looking into" the situation with the Walmart closures.

Want to know about about this? Well, here's a video from Alex Jones about how this is a conspiracy to link up Walmarts using underground tunnels for the military to turn the stores into FEMA deathcamps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIalJZeKwbw

My heart tells me that is true, but the facts say that it is probably going to be about the closed stores being sites of planned protests. The workers were told at 7PM the night before that they were going to be closed for renovations for an undetermined amount of time when they had already been renovated a few months earlier without being closed.

I really hope it's the Alex Jones thing though.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

The X-man cometh posted:

With Rand coming out in favor of drones and the police, and meeting with Jewish (Zionist!) leaders, who do the InfoWars crowd support now? Is Sanders going to get stuck with the loons?

Depends on if he starts taking donations in bitcoin.

Also, Paul on the record about being more concerned with the federal government reading your mail than blowing you up without due process if you run out of a liquor store holding money.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Lest we forget the legal foundation of "innocent until spotted leaving a liquor store with a wad of cash suspiciously."

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Nonsense posted:

Jeb Bush isn't even the real threat; Walker is.

Given past primaries the real threat is the GOP candidate that doesn't shoot himself in the food repeatedly when he is the media flavor of the week.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

uncurable mlady posted:

i would wear this after he loses the primary

Do you even liberty, bro?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

The Huckabee equivalent of "We can't have illegals, I'm running for president for God's sake!"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm pretty sure all those troops who lost friends to IEDs and are now out on the streets following a dishonorable discharge because of their TBI and, as a result can't get treatment for that or their PTSD are happy to hear Bush refusing to make a decision in deference to the "sacrifices they made".

"Speculating whether or not we send troops to die for reasons that are fabricated is insensitive to the people sacrificing themselves for fabricated reasons."

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

The Nastier Nate posted:

If you watch the clip he dosen't say or imply anything like that. It's just a standard speech about repealing Obamacare and replacing it with more "market driven choices that let us be in charge of our own healthcare", then goes into a few medical applications of the smart watch. Not exactly a new idea, but far from thinking Jeb Bush thinks magic watches will replace doctors.

It took three days for him to decide that he wouldn't throw troops into a meat grinder for fraudulent reasons so this isn't exactly unbelievable.

It's pretty obvious that he was just waffling to avoid offending his brothers FP team and only walked it back after getting mainstream attention.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Aliquid posted:

Rick Perry engages in hypotheticals, spits on the sacrifices made by Our Troops:

"I wouldn't have went into Iraq, but we should have stayed longer."- A smart man with glasses.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Dumping the fringe crazies into a debate is honestly the best programming decision CNN has ever made. Kudos for them ensuring the big tent party is as much of a circus as possible.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The best GOP debate question: "As a Christian nation shouldn't we just forgive ISIS?"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

mlmp08 posted:

It's people who like sex but think children should be born into committed, legally recognized households. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

This seems like an assumption. How do you know they don't support mandatory abortion for the unmarried?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/subverzo/status/604368035017838593

https://twitter.com/subverzo/status/604368713287127040

This person is claiming it's a publicity stunt for some bullshit.

So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Does seem more likely to be a stunt. Usually documents like that are sealed and given the fact that Christie could just decline the summons.

On one hand the media doesn't need to make a big deal about the summons since he would be in court anyway. On the other hand one of the best ways to serve a summons to a politician is to pretend you are a supporter at a rally. Honestly conflicted on this one.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
In the first real in-depth reporting of the election cycle, The Daily Beast gets Ted Cruz to admit he's an addict.

Daily Beast posted:

Long before Ted Cruz became a senator from Texas, he was a gamer. He’s known for being pugilistic on the Senate floor, but sometimes he’d rather be fighting cartoon zombies on his iPhone.
At the moment, Cruz is playing “Plants vs. Zombies,” a game where users collect sunlight points to feed plants who fight off waves of zombies; “Candy Crush,” the puzzle game where he claims he’s in the 217th level; and “The Creeps!,” a tower defense game.
His video game addiction is so severe, Cruz says, he has to proactively deny himself the ability to spend time on it.
“I don’t have a console, mostly as a time management tool, because if I had one, I would use it far too much,” he told The Daily Beast.

Is America ready for a gamer president?

Fuckt Tupp fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 31, 2015

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Huckster lookin' super old. Seems like he's retiring from his show but starting a campaign instead. You can already tell it's taking a lot out of him. Like retiring from being a sprinter to run marathons.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Next pic: Warren walking three steps and dumping them into a flaming barrel.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

mooyashi posted:

Helen Thomas :ssh:

Alright. I'll bite. How is saying "maybe Jews can stop building homes where Palestinians live and move back to their homelands where no one is actively trying to kill them anymore" a bad thing?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Does it have replacements for Trump and Santorum or are their names already too synonymous with comedic failure?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I found the quote they should use for Trump's campaign while wandering a vintage store in New Orleans today:

Douneld B Shmmmmmmmp

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Holy poo poo.

Successfully trolling Trump into running for president may turn out to be Obama's greatest legacy. Enjoy your debates, RNC.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

radical meme posted:

Someone posted an article that said Trump didn't have to file paperwork until mid-October. Is this correct? Is that the final drop dead date for Trump to actually put up or shut up?

That's only the case if he hasn't already made the yoogest, most luxurious presidential announcement in the history of mankind. He has about a week or so prior to his announcement to file or it becomes a legal issue.

Edit: Beaten, of course, with more accurate information.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
"As scripture says: 'Red and yellow, black and white. They are precious in his sight.' Jesus: 1, Racism: 0. Case closed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Trump Place, Manhattan: you're fired!

Is he going to blame Mexicans for this?

• Locked thread