Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Your all terrible people.

It literally kills me to see people butcher the english language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Aurora posted:

http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/130/4101/1

I'm not sure I understand why All Might is apologizing to Deku or why Deku seems so down about what he's saying at the end, maybe something lost in the flashback translation or something

Probably because he has a death sentence hanging over his head and hasn't told anyone until now. I'm pretty sure that "gruesome demise" wasn't referring to the fight with All For One.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

This would be an amazing reversal of expectations. Anything that's not All Might dying would because it's been foreshadowed so heavy-handedly even before the last chapter.

Even if he's healed he can't go back to being All Might since his power is gone to Deku. All Might is dead, and giving him his good body back could lead to some fun conflict where he wants to be a hero again because he spent most of his life being a hero.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fabricated posted:

The optimal setup would be a anti-quirk dart in the first chamber and regular bullets in the rest.

And now we know how All Might is going to die.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

It's kind of a shame every villain introduced after Shigaraki has been mostly used as a way to advance Shigaraki's growth as the antagonist because they've all been way more interesting than him. I didn't think Overhaul would wind up being that significant at first but I'm way into him so far.

I'm really hoping this is going to wind up with Shigaraki getting hosed over for his over confidence in the villain game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kyte posted:

From the way Tensei was talking about Tenya I kinda got the vibe this is set before MHA proper starts. Did I forget some setting detail implying the contrary?

Seems like it's set a good deal before it since in the little thought bubble Tenya looked pretty small and apparently couldn't turn? It seems like this is a decent bit before they get to UA at all.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ZiegeDame posted:

If I had to guess I'd have to say it takes place before All Might was injured, so like five years or so

That makes a lot of sense. I wonder how they're going to resolve it though since they kind of obviously don't get the drugs off the streets.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Elfgames posted:

it's weird to me because i can't imagine having a superpower and not playing with it at all also dude only needs 3 points of contact with the ground right i'm sure he could figure out a better pose.

My question is, does it have to be hands and feet? Can he like, sit on his butt and slide around like it's winter forever? Because that sounds like the best power.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fabricated posted:

You could do a really sad story with Hagekure where she somehow becomes visible temporarily and she suddenly realizes she has never known what she REALLY looks like, and she doesn't want to become invisible again but inevitably must.

What if her skin's invisible so she's just like, a walking skeleton and uses her quirk to hide it. That'd be cool.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Two Tone Shoes posted:

How many heroes would be named Florida Man?

All of them. I think Florida is actually just a collective hivemind now.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

anime was right posted:

i still don't understand how there's a market for these things

Nerds see themselves in those blank, soulless eyes and feel comfort in their lack of personality or identity.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Condiv posted:

i bought a gutsman i found at a cvs once. that's the extent of my anime/game merch

fake-edit: oh wait i got that limited edition raiho too

I have that, too. I was very disappointed when we didn't get the edition that came with the Raidou Nocturne.

As an aside, since it gets linked in this topic a bunch; watch out anyone reading this on Manga Stream. People have been getting shifty redirects to unsafe sites suddenly. A few people on reddit have been reporting getting charges directly to their mobile accounts when browsing on their phones.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I did not know that existed. But now I know what I'm getting for when I'm out and about and have nothing to read.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I dunno, Mineta suddenly dropping the creep act and revealing that he's actually competent and not at all a total fool would be somewhat heart breaking.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

frajaq posted:

Now I'm curious about what eventually fucks Stain's face up

Given how like, flat stain's face is and stuff maybe he lights that mask up and super heats it?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

I just wanna see the rest of the fight out front

I think the dragon lady just turned into a dragon and murdered some dudes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

People have been saying this since the comic started and literally one character has died (out of nowhere). I'll believe someone bites it when I see it.

It's one thing I like about this series and makes it more comparable to One Piece than, say, Dragonball or Naruto. In One Piece very few people die. Even villains don't really die often and when people do die, it's usually for a solid narrative reason not just to prove the villain is a big dumb jerk. So far our only real on-screen death was Magne and it looks like her death might have ultimately fed into Overhaul's loss.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This is what I'm hoping for. Just brutally murder this poo poo out of the child abuser, but then people would doubt his temperament.

That would be a spectacular twist versus the "He's going to die!" crowd. Especially if it happens in a really messed up way like, phasing through Overhaul and just telefragging him if that would even work.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tollymain posted:

mirio can't telefrag anything though, it's key to how he uses his power

:goonsay:

Even if he solidifies himself inside another person?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Terper posted:

He could maybe destroy robots, or any opponent with a big enough empty hole inside them. By putting his arm inside something and then only solidify his fist, he could grab some wires or whatever inside, then solidify his arm and he would glitch out, maybe possibly still holding the wires.

He can also make things intangible too. Do things glitch out with him, or can he like. Pick up a rock, glitch through someone but leave the rock in their brain?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Radish posted:

So I guess that evil high school girl just has a head full of bees rather than just the eye.

I'm guessing she is bees at this point.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

What if she's just a hive of bees in a meat suit?

Yeah, like this.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the actual ending is Deku permanently wrecking his limbs but being known as the honorary "best hero" by using his super nerd skills to make really amazing hero costumes.

I'd always assumed Deku's ultimate fate would be settling into the role of teacher because he's very good at analyzing and understanding other people's abilities and quirks and could really help set the next generation of heroes on a better path.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fabricated posted:

An animator for one of the big studios literally died at his desk recently IIRC.

Exactly "an animator" you don't even know him because he's just an animator. That's like "an assistant" or "an intern" dying because of over work. It's awful but most people will just ignore it because the people who do a lot of lovely work in unfair conditions are basically sub-human to the majority of the public.

RatHat posted:

Sadly I don't think the manga industry is going to change until a super popular author(like Oda) drops dead from overwork.

Is right. No one's really going to change anything until more publicly important people die from things they should have, and could have, easily prevented.

Anyway I really liked that illegals chapter and am really liking how that series is shaking out.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm really not a fan of all this jumping back in time to explain what happened at certain points. I had to double check I was reading the right chapter, it breaks the flow quite badly.

The prospect of having a quirk that rewinds raises too much worry of post battle return to normals too. Is she just going to rewind Nighteye so he lives and then Lemillion so that he gets his quirk back? That'd be pretty killer for any sense of consequence so I hope he doesn't do that.

Well, if her quirk rewinds then the perfected form of the bullet might not actually -destroy- people's quirks. Just regress them. So it'd take several years for their quirk to naturally manifest again or something I think.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Radish posted:

Yeah. Even the Villain Alliances sections were odd and didn't make 100% sense. I think this arc could have used some trimming and make Overhaul more interesting instead of fleshing out Mirio's buddy that we haven't had enough time to really care about and Kirishima could have had his moment and back story somewhere else.

Now that Eri is 100% able to undo wounds on people I'm going to be curious how the story writes that she isn't taken to fix All Might immediately. It better be decent and not some dumb "I won't accept this because my time is past" nonsense.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Deku isn't a fetus right now is because he's constantly breaking himself into dust at about the same rate that she's reverting him.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It'd actually be cool as heck if they could actually embrace the fact they fancy each other, start dating and carry on with the plot while in a relationship instead of it being some stupid sort of forbidden love which is forbidden because ??????????????

Because Deku has better options.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kild posted:

He was a Quincy the whole time then he turned it into one of his swords that never really did anything.

Bleach is dumb and arguing about it is dumber.

tweet my meat posted:

Honestly I like Vigilantes more than the main story. I like following a ragtag street level group a lot more than following the biggest superheroes and villains in Japan.

I agree and actually care more about seeing them solve really mundane issues and their personal problems more than I do the big international drug problem as well.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'd kind of love to see a fake-out redemption arc. Like it all goes straightforward until the end where Shigaraki just leaves everyone to get hosed by the villain while he frees his team, and AFO from super prison or something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Spoiler images are showing up already, go fig.

This is going to be a very sad chapter it looks like.

Link the images my dude, I want to be spoiled.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tollymain posted:

works in another country

At least, according to his mother. I bet she told him they released the goldfish in a big pond up state too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

Just caught up on Vigilantes. Koichi's mom is horrifically abusive, physically and emotionally. Even though this is a lighthearted manga, it's not great that they played it off as a joke. She destroyed his self-esteem, held him back from pursuing his dreams (which he could have accomplished if she hadn't abused him), and he is so beaten down that he, an adult, takes the possibility that his mom will take him out of school as a simple fact.

It's kind of disappointing to find out that apparently his quirk had always been levitation to some degree but his mother quite literally smacked him until he gave up floating. By the time we're introduced to him as an adult all he can do is hover a few inches off the ground and skate like that.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Toga impersonating Camie for such a long time doesn't make sense, since she can't replicate Camie's own Quirk and that would get noticed by her classmates. (Unless Toga fakes Camie calling in sick or something I suppose)

If it's the real Camie then there may be some memory-erasing thing going on from some member of the VA we haven't seen yet

Or third long shot option, Camie is in cahoots with Toga the whole time

I assume she actually did call in sick or something the first time and just didn't tell anyone. Then Toga took over and showed up so when the real her came back everyone was like "Sucks that you failed" and she wasn't the least bit suspicious.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Scholtz posted:

Twice needs to clone Deku so it can be a constant cycle of Deku feeding himself his own hair to gain strength.

He'll end up as bald AND as strong as Saitama.

Please don't spoil the end of the series.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So my running theory on that one is The girl is just a bee hive, basically. The actual villain is probably a queen bee or something. Judging by the eyepatch and apparent comatose state of punchman's wife there, she might have been a previous host? pretty interesting implications this chapter though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I wouldn't think they'd drop something like how Hagakure looks in an anime-original movie.

If toga somehow got enough blood to turn into her, would she be visible or invisible?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Slime posted:

As far as we know.

It'd be great if the next chapter was just a slow zoom out of an increasingly long lineup of characters watching Deku sleep.

Manatee Cannon posted:

kakashi had a whole thing with his death and the walk back on it was hilarious

Naruto's unwillingness to really commit to anyone's death in the second part really sucked. When they brought back the first major antagonist even I just kind of sighed because no one really dies, and anyone who did die just came back to life again anyway.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

That dorm building is pretty high, only characters who can climb, fly, or levitate can spy on Deku.
Which means most of his classmates can spy on him.

An entire page of Bakugou just hovering angrily with explosion jets, glaring at a sleeping Deku.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

That isn't true, the editor in question didn't work on the project but was asked his opinion.

It's a weird urban legend akin to DBZ was supposed to end after (insert favorite arc here)

The Raditz saga was the true and only ending of Dragon Ball Z, Toriyama was actually planning to kill off Goku and spin off into a series about piccolo and his new son Gohan. I know this because my uncle works at Toriyama.

Roland Jones posted:

Oh yeah, that's a good example. 19 and 20 were meant to be the actual androids (well, cyborg, in the case of the latter), but Toriyama's editor thought that "an old man and a China doll" were terrible villains. Hence, 17 and 18. The editor hated them too and thought they were just some brats or whatever.

I completely agree with that man :colbert:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe there is no traitor and the villains have just been watching everyone's twitter feed to know where they are and what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kild posted:

the whole time it was just a gacha game on their phone tracking their gps

They took over the pokemon gym at the secret training grounds and the villain alliance just could not abide by that.